Menu
Expat.com

DIGRESSION THREAD!!

Last activity 27 March 2014 by HRGuru

Captain Jaw Breaker

I remember the good ol' days, when this blog had a purpose. it seems lately most of the posts are just pointless DIGRESSION.

Alliecat
Captain Jaw Breaker wrote:

I remember the good ol' days, when this blog had a purpose. it seems lately most of the posts are just pointless DIGRESSION.

Oh really?  My question to you, then, is what are you doing to bring the forum up to your expectations? 

Every post doesn't have to be about how some ex-pat is being mistreated or somebody's visa/contract/iqama problems/questions (of which there are many and fortunately there are several knowledgeable members giving excellent advice, so I certainly consider that a purpose).

This particular thread is meant to add a bit of fun--it's as simple as that.

Have a good day smile.png

saimans
Alliecat wrote:

And that keeps people like me coming to this forum !! smile.png

Captain Jaw Breaker
Alliecat wrote:

Every post doesn't have to be about how some ex-pat is being mistreated or somebody's visa/contract/iqama problems/questions

That elevated rather quick big_smile.png

I was not referencing this particular post as evidently this post was created for random content, I was referring to some of the other posts in the Saudi page. the ones which has no value at all for expats in Saudi or expats consedring Saudi as a destination.

I'm not really sure why you took it upon your self to reply , my thread was not directed to you or posted in reply to any of your posts !

Please allow others to have some space, you don't have to voice your opinion at every chance you get.

As for my self; simply by not adding extra rubbish-like content, i am contributing.

have a good night !

shikra
Alliecat wrote:

Have a good day smile.png

Digression: Alliecat's CAT has started to look old earlier than I expected. big_smile.png

saimans

When the cat's away, the mice will play. lol.png

saimans

I am very confused by the " baby on board sign"  Does it mean that the woman in the car is pregnant or is there a baby in the car?
Does that mean drivers can't cause an accident ?

TheLegendLeads
Hericles wrote:

I am very confused by the " baby on board sign"  Does it mean that the woman in the car is pregnant or is there a baby in the car?
Does that mean drivers can't cause an accident ?

Just a friendly message about not to honk or drive behind rashly smile.png
I have seen other warning notes like 'The person driving this car is a trainee.' That really helped me once when I increased on distance and he really took a surproze turn but I had moved afar.

Freshlikesushi

8747584638_081d3b052d_z.jpg
IMG_9090 by Flsimages, on Flickr

rollin rollin rollin

i love ksa

Salman Omrani
Freshlikesushi wrote:

rollin rollin rollin

i love ksa

Hahaha! awesome!

TheLegendLeads

Seems Harmonie has got married recently smile.png

266197.png

Congrats to her and all the very best wishes from all of us (obviously if my assumption is correct) smile.png Stay Blessed!

Salman Omrani

Yep, God Bless them both, though I think its been a while.

ghanshyampdave
Captain Jaw Breaker wrote:

Did I read this blog is missing me ??
whistle.gif

Alliecat

When you're on holiday, be sure to see my movie!

431949_461133573970177_1898303388_n.jpg

HRGuru

Since Amitabh Bachan is there in this movie, all of us brown people will watch this movie. (courtesy in part to Russel Peters)

Hitch

quote of the day

its not about how life is treating you , its about how well do you live , And what choice you made !

Krysman25

I don't remember what i was supposed to write.

Krysman25

Oh now i remember :  Got my first speeding fine today !

Really hurts :x

Alliecat
Krysman25 wrote:

Oh now i remember :  Got my first speeding fine today !

Really hurts :x

That sucks.  Better pay it ASAP before they double the fine!

Krysman25

Yeah, has been done.

i'm waiting for another one though... But after this second one, I swear never to go beyond the speed limit :x.
Now, I'm used to the driving in KSA.

Alliecat
Krysman25 wrote:

Yeah, has been done.

i'm waiting for another one though... But after this second one, I swear never to go beyond the speed limit :x.

Are radar detectors legal here?

Krysman25

I don't know and I don't even think it exists here.

Anyway, that was totally my fault so I assume my beahaviour.

choudhers

1). hate people who play call of duty on PS3 and think there amazing xbox 360 was created for the elite hardcore gammers come online lets see how good you are.

2). Hate people who think their better then everyone else, can't remember the person but i know the quote "Man who thinks he knows everything...is nothing.....Man who thinks he knows nothing...knows everything"

3). This planet is not divided into pecies its a whole thing, religions should not be divided we are all on this planet together so we should learn to live together !!!

4). thier are 3 types of people in this world 1) Those who make things happen ? 2) Those who have an idea of whats happening 3). Those who pause.....and then reply "what the hell just happened?"

Krysman25

Has anyone ever been to the dentist in Saudi Arabia?
I have to take off/snatch/extract/blow up a wisdom tooth.

Looking for a gentle one !

choudhers

It depends if its the bottom or top ones

Krysman25

Bottom left is starting to hurt T_T

HRGuru
Alliecat wrote:
Krysman25 wrote:

Yeah, has been done.

Not legal but a lot of Saudi's use this. There is even an application in iphone that you can download and use.

TheLegendLeads
HRGuru wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
Krysman25 wrote:

Yeah, has been done.

Not legal but a lot of Saudi's use this. There is even an application in iphone that you can download and use.

The app is based on contributions from people. They have to mark the new cameras found and delete the moved out ones. Now naturally people do mark the new places (good stats exist there) but who cares to delete a marked point. I tried it for a week or so but had to delete concluding that it's total mess full of wrong and fake points.

TheLegendLeads
choudhers wrote:

It depends if its the bottom or top ones

big_smile.png  Why does it have to depend?

TheLegendLeads
Krysman25 wrote:

Has anyone ever been to the dentist in Saudi Arabia?
I have to take off/snatch/extract/blow up a wisdom tooth.

Looking for a gentle one !

HYG: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24507

Krysman25

Do you still recommend Deemah Dental Center? :p
Thanks for the link.

TheLegendLeads

Yes. I'm their regular annual customer big_smile.png

Calentica87

Hey Aliecat.Well you know guyz when someone is caught up between 2 cultures?So he has something like from one culture and another from diff culture?I have 2 cultures in me and that is making me confused!Like if u were muslim living in the West u would be diffrent from others ?Doesn't that suck?
second:I am eastern european so I got hard time getting to know anybody here ,is like westerners are always very too reserved!So I got to know these 2 western women and I have different culture from them so I don't know what I did but they never called back lol!They said we definatelly have to see u again and then bam! they disappeared like why so hypocrits?I like to be direct most of the time!I am very emotional and joking and talk loud and very friendly ,maybe I was too pushy ,I don't know ! Kind of sucks !

saimans

Cheer up

An American:
- We have Barack Obama, Stevie Wonder, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.
An Italian:
- We have Silvio Berlusconi, no wonder, no hope and no cash.

Hitch

umm im getting avoided here !! is something wrong  ?roll.png

TheLegendLeads
Hitch wrote:

Nop I don't think so.
Cat has been missing you a LOT (I guess): https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#1273270

Hitch

awww thank you so much I did not know that

WEll I miss her too , Cat I request you to add me on FACEBOOK please ...

umm maybe MEW MEOOW roll.png

Alliecat
TheLegendLeads wrote:
Hitch wrote:

Nop I don't think so.
Cat has been missing you a LOT (I guess): https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#1273270

I said 'pretty little head' hoping to get a reaction lol.png  What reaction?  I have no idea but it would have been fun, I'm sure.

However, he didn't reply mad.png

Alliecat

@Calentica87  All westerners aren't the same.  Brits tend to be a bit more reserved.  Americans?  Hell, we're usually joking and laughing loudly, too!

Just keep looking for friends.  It's difficult here because lots of people are already 'established,' meaning they have a group and aren't interested in new friends.  Lots of other expats are just plain looney--I swear they're hiding out here because they can't make it in their own countries.

saimans

I totally agree with meow

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles