Hi, I'm Diane from UK

I'm Di Bennett I am from Liverpool UK. I am a graphic designer in full time employment in the UK and am looking to relocate to Malta later this year. I am looking for design work, or indeed bar work to begin.
Hello to you all and it's good to connect with people on here for me :)

[Moderated: Off topic]

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Diane !

Your post has been moved to the Malta forum for better visibility!
Maybe you should try posting an advert in the Malta jobs section.
It might help ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Diane,

welcome to the Malta forum.

Most Graphic Design jobs in Malta require experience in web design and associated qualifications. If you have these , perfect ! If not use the time to try and obtain experience in these areas before you come.

For bar work you should just walk the streets of the main tourist areas and look out for postings when you are here. Or check out the ETC website.

Just be aware of the really low salaries for ' I will do anything' jobs here in Malta. You can consider any job paying more than 700 €/month or more than 5 €/hour part-time  as good !

Cheers
Ricky

Ah great. I do have some web design experience so will brush up on that. I am also TESOL trained from John Moores University here in LPool. Is there a great market for English teachers in Malta?
Thanks!

Hi Diane,

I have two friends ( both Graphic Designers without web experience) who have been looking for work for more than 6 months so definitly try to increase your qualifications in that direction.

English teaching (native speakers) is always an option for the summer months. But there again , the salaries are not that great but better than a waitress.

Cheers
Ricky

Web design it is then! Yikes I'd better get into Dreamweaver again. Are you an animator it says? Flash?

Ricky has just spent a lot of time writing on here .... :)

Oh, see he's just 'animated' not an animator? :0)

-))))

Sometimes I do feel like an ' animator' !:lol:

Ricky

So what are the Malta plans this weekend? Anything exciting?

Going for a full days walk from Siggiewi to Delimara ! Starts at 8.15 sharp .....

That's enough action for Saturday - will have Sunday to recover .

Cheers
Ricky