Menu
Expat.com

Expat blog Gathering In Jakarta- July, 6

Last activity 27 March 2013 by Epicuriousannie

mtandio

Blowfish, Dragonfly... somewhere more hip anyone?

devi_jeanny

count me in if it's held around Kuningan area smile.png

etienne

thanks for your message.
this sound good.
another place also: Koi kemang: they have the 3rd floor with terasse, big enough for large groups and nice place !
have a nice day,
Etienne

burns

Count me in. . . Can bring along some expat friends too

mtandio

i think we should define the activity of the gathering first in order to decide venue. is it just dinner and gathering, or dinner + party, etc.

joliefemme

coming smile.png

laryan

Hi all,

cjuliana thanks for your initiative. Well although I would love to come, I am not sure if I am "allowed" to join the gathering as I am an Indonesian not an expat?

Lady Poo

Hey would like to join..look forward to catch up with you guys smile.png

Cheers

Inovi83

Yep, I'm not an expat too...I'm local people :d Is this invitation only for expat or open for all people (local and expat) ty so much smile.png

almapal

Count me in, being a scot i am obviously tea total, (Not) Look forward to meeting with you all. regards, Allan

febby

Hi Cjuliana,

It seems a good idea, count me in! ^_*
Idea for the gathering is maybe we can share about people whose been overseas and how to get there..
Happy to hear good news!

Cheers,
Febby

meilanyp
cjuliana wrote:

Ok then. So, here is the detail.

Date: July 6, 2012
Time: start 6.30 pm
Venue: TBA by SMS (Is it okay? Cuz I need to ensure about the place)

Ok, Julie (team of Expat-Blog) will inform you later on. Thank you!

based on my experienced in making gatherings and meetings with my Expat.com group,i'd like to give my advice to u Juliana  "Please move forward the time from 6:30 pm to 7:30pm or 8 pm".

Last time i made the same gathering in Aphrodite-kuningan by 7:30 pm on friday night and not all of participants could come in time because it was friday and going to weekend so it would be traffic every where, especially kuningan area, always crowded and traffic after office hours and for sure some of member are working on that day.

it would be wise if u can move forward the time because Jakarta condition is unpredicatable.

i'll try to join but at 6:30 pm absolutely i can't make it in time.

Thanks

Regards,

Mei

James888

thanks for the invitation and would love to join if I am not travelling outside of Jakarta on 6Jul

Rezafizh

It sounds great.  But i just a teenager may i join in? lol

cjuliana

Hey!

I already reserved in Amadeus Cafe in Setiabudi One.

Because I didn't think there will be many people interested. But I could cancel the reservation if it's necessary. Besides, I was thinking it'll just be a dining out.
Well, this gathering is very open to everyone from this expat-blog.

Please kindly inform me your ideas as soon as possible.
Thank you!

Rezafizh

i don't have any idea for the place, may be many members here know it well. But is there many activities except just dinner? i mean some games or something like that will be great. thanks

ochie

so where is the place for next gathering?
6th july 2012 rite?

cjuliana

I checked Koi Kemang. And I think it's a good place.
Well, I should ensure about this again. Before I cancel the reservation in Amadeus Cafe.

@Rezafish, sure there will be "something" smile.png

Rezafizh

Like this big_smile.png

bungakomalasari

that's so great.
I'm In.. will send my number on by PM..

cheers,
Bunga

joliefemme
meilanyp wrote:
cjuliana wrote:

Ok then. So, here is the detail.

Time: start 6.30 pm
Venue: TBA by SMS (Is it okay? Cuz I need to ensure about the place)

Ok, Julie (team of Expat-Blog) will inform you later on. Thank you!

based on my experienced in making gatherings and meetings with my Expat.com group,i'd like to give my advice to u Juliana  "Please move forward the time from 6:30 pm to 7:30pm or 8 pm".

Last time i made the same gathering in Aphrodite-kuningan by 7:30 pm on friday night and not all of participants could come in time because it was friday and going to weekend so it would be traffic every where, especially kuningan area, always crowded and traffic after office hours and for sure some of member are working on that day.

it would be wise if u can move forward the time because Jakarta condition is unpredicatable.

i'll try to join but at 6:30 pm absolutely i can't make it in time.

Thanks

Regards,

Mei

Agree

cjuliana

Okay, I will postpone  it to be 7.30pm
Again...

Time: 7.30pm
Place: Amadeus Cafe, Setiabudi One (could be changed depends on your request) smile.png

Y'all want any dress code? wink.png

Kamal Joshi

I am also in if the venue will remain same. But try to change timings from 6:30 to 8 or 9, because everyone leaves the office at 5:30 or 6.
6:30 will be quite early.

GuestPoster290

I'm in wink.png
Lemme know if there's another news about this gath

cjuliana

^
sure, it looks like we change the venue... I will update things here... smile.png

bungakomalasari
cjuliana wrote:

^
sure, it looks like we change the venue... I will update things here... smile.png

change the venue again???
think Amadeus is a good place.. so why do we need to change again??

cjuliana

^
Chintya told me that it's not that good for gathering. But I'm still workin on it, Bunga. I haven't canceled the reservation yet.
Just always check this topic to get the updates. And I will send you SMS, if you already gave me your number smile.png thank you..

bungakomalasari

Ok Juli,, waiting the latest news... thanks

nissahanim

hi hi,

sounds good but it b great if you could confirm the venue. honestly, i dunno where is this setiabudi one area. Need a map. it wud b great if it's at the centre of jkt like the grand indo or plaza indo area or sency kinda place... or epicentrum kuningan sounds good... or pacific place, perhaps???

we just wanna chill out & have dinner too, rite??

Benkstan

29th was okay for me but for 6th July...Cant make it...will be leaving Jakarta end this month...
sad.png

Anyone wanna hook up in Kuala Lumpur...gimme  buzz

Have Fun y'all!!

Rezafizh

In my opinion this gathering should be "Indonesian" oriented. Maybe starting from the dress, the venue, food until the event. Because i think maybe expatriats wanna to know more about Indonesia right?. Indonesian way of life, some intresting place to visit and many more will be great if it disscussed in this gathering. But it's just my opinion. i know well all people here have other awesome ideas. Thanks

PakGondrong

You can count me in. Please remind me later on. I PM my number.

Kamal Joshi
Rezafizh wrote:

In my opinion this gathering should be "Indonesian" oriented. Maybe starting from the dress, the venue, food until the event. Because i think maybe expatriats wanna to know more about Indonesia right?. Indonesian way of life, some intresting place to visit and many more will be great if it disscussed in this gathering. But it's just my opinion. i know well all people here have other awesome ideas. Thanks

No Rezafizh...

This gathearing is for all.... weather indonesian or expat....

cjuliana

@Rezafizh....you wanna be a volunteer?

cjuliana

I wanna update the list of participants. It says there are 31 persons wanna be in, but I just got 15 confirmations.

About the venue, for now still in Amadeus Cafe (Setiabudi One). But someone just offered his apartment for the gathering. I'm still thinking about this. I prefer Amadeus Cafe. But I'm still open for any other ideas. Thank you smile.png

nissahanim
cjuliana wrote:

I wanna update the list of participants. It says there are 31 persons wanna be in, but I just got 15 confirmations.

About the venue, for now still in Amadeus Cafe (Setiabudi One). But someone just offered his apartment for the gathering. I'm still thinking about this. I prefer Amadeus Cafe. But I'm still open for any other ideas. Thank you smile.png

well, is the apartment BIG enuff to cater all? it's Not a bad idea tho,we cud do potluck style.each of us can bring own food & drinks or desserts... but as long as it's halal...   smile.png

but how far is the apartment? if it's too far from most of us,then stick to going to amadeus at setiabudi one wich cud cater all dat's attending.

my Indo friend told me there's live music at ebirra at the ground floor of amadeus. so we cud probably proceed there after dinner if we like!
smile.png

cjuliana

^
the apartment is near University of Tarumanegara, Nissa. It's around Grogol. I think it's far.

nissahanim

uh oh..yep! the jam packed place to go!

ok i think the amadeus sounds better ??? big_smile.png

noniq21

Hi Juliana

Count me in. I will bring at least one expat friend ( my work colleague ) to join. My office is at Kuningan, so for me Amadeus is fine...

Anybody who hasnt joined www.internations.org... pls join,... this is great networking event.

There's expat gathering in Blu Martini bar- Marriott, every wednesday nite... I can send you invitation if you drop me a line here... dont forget to mention your email address.

Regards

Mieke

bungakomalasari
noniq21 wrote:

Hi Juliana

Count me in. I will bring at least one expat friend ( my work colleague ) to join. My office is at Kuningan, so for me Amadeus is fine...

Anybody who hasnt joined www.internations.org... pls join,... this is great networking event.

There's expat gathering in Blu Martini bar- Marriott, every wednesday nite... I can send you invitation if you drop me a line here... dont forget to mention your email address.

Regards

Mieke

hi Mieke,

I tried to join that but need invitation. could u please send me the invitation. my email is: komalasari.bunga@gmail.com

One of my expat friend invited me to came to the gathering,but unfortunately i missed it.

waiting your invitation.

thanks,
Bunga

Articles to help you in your expat project in Jakarta

All of Jakarta's guide articles