Menu
Expat.com

Procedure after accident

Last activity 18 November 2023 by bhindrawaale

Beakersful

So, the insurer of the person at fault doesn't pay for a hire car or compensate for additional travel expenses whilst the damaged innocent persons car is off the road?

manzoor.allam

Thanks. Currently, I have 2 papers: 1) Vehicle Repair Authorization Form (bigger than A4 size)  2) a small slip called 'Accident Claim Information'

Had been to the Muroor yesterday. He asked me to visit the Najm office on Exit 5 and bring another paper. Do you know where this Najm office is ?

TheLegendLeads

The missing piece is the accident report from Najm. Based on it murror will issue the repair authorization letter needed by any workshop. Your insurance company will need the accident report.

manzoor.allam

Thanks. I was able to visit the Najm office and I was given a sheet of paper which described what part of the car was impacted. I hope this would be acceptable by Muroor.

Just for information to others: Najm office is located on King Abdul Aziz Road on Exit 5. One needs to move 'north' on King Abdul Aziz Road (there is an option to move north or south) till you reach the first roundabout. At the roundabout take a left and the building 'Pearl Commercial Center ' is seen on the right. Najm office is on the ground floor of the Pearl Center.

paprika2

Hello. I need to know if all accidents here in the kingdom will have investigation and fair justice eventhough you're not a saudi national,muslim or non-muslim? We are working as a government employee. We got an accident 3 months ago while we were on our way to souq. All of us got multiple trauma and was hospitalized. 1 died. But until now,we have no idea about the status of our case. Usually we know that by the time there is an RTA brought to any emergency room,maroor will be informed and they will investigate how it happened. But for us, no one came to investigate.

drturi29

somebody hit my parked car and ran away. his number was noted. I called najam and they prepared a report on spot and gave me a sealed envelope.They asked me to call police and hand over that report to them. Police came shortly and i gave them the envelope. He asked me to come to Maroor after 2 days. What is next involved. My car has some bad scratches on bumper and side. kindly help me.

pkmusd

I had an accident too, minor though. Is there a time limit of 48 hours to go to insurance company to file claim. Najam held the other person responsible.
I have the wargatul islah (repair authroization letter) and 3 invoices fron Sanaiyah.

Now trying to find office for Wataniya insurance in Riyadh.. these dumb guys don't pick up the phones..

TheLegendLeads
pkmusd wrote:

I had an accident too, minor though. Is there a time limit of 48 hours to go to insurance company to file claim. Najam held the other person responsible.
I have the wargatul islah (repair authroization letter) and 3 invoices fron Sanaiyah.

Now trying to find office for Wataniya insurance in Riyadh.. these dumb guys don't pick up the phones..

Their claim center is on ground floor, Umam Commercial Center, Sitteen Road, Malaz.

https://maps.google.com/?q=24.68898,46.723652

pkmusd
TheLegendLeads wrote:
pkmusd wrote:

Their claim center is on ground floor, Umam Commercial Center, Sitteen Road, Malaz.

https://maps.google.com/?q=24.68898,46.723652

you're a genie on expat-blog smile.png Thanks a lot. You saved me some good money, coz I was thinking to end up paying to my insurance company instead of claiming for the liable's insurance co

TheLegendLeads
pkmusd wrote:

you're a genie on expat-blog smile.png Thanks a lot. You saved me some good money, coz I was thinking to end up paying to my insurance company instead of claiming for the liable's insurance co

Glad to be of help smile.png
Keep me posted please.

pkmusd

Since, I have just gone thru tough procedure of having an accident would like to provide steps
The below procedure is VALID "if the other person is liable (his mistake) and he has insurance and ONLY if the other party was at fault 100%."

1. Call Najam, you need to present him your estimara (vehicle registration) and driving license.
2. He will give you three papers as follows:
  i. small claim receipt on which he will write name of insurance company (of the liable)
  ii. damage assessment form
  iii. repair authorization request to Policy (Al-Maroor)
3. Now, goto Maroor Office (There are many in Nasariya, the one I went on is on exit 6, abu bakr siddique road). There maroor will see the form (iii), which I mentioned above and give you a small paper to fill up, asking for basic details about the car and owner. Once you fill it, they will sign and stamp on it.
4. Now, goto Sanaiya - I went one on Ummul-Hammam, there 3 surveyors will inspect the car and give you 3 quotations, insurance company will pay you the lowest amount of the 3.
4. Now, find address of the insurance company of the liable. Go there with all documents mentioned above and they will ask you to fill third party claim form. Once you fill that, they will give you a claim number and ask you to check back in 15-20 days (for some companies its faster).
5. Now, you can go to repair-center be it company's  showroom or some outside vendor and get it repaired (Depends on your insurance terms & conditions that whether it allows agency repairs or other workshops).

Hope this thread will be useful for all, getting through this  painful process.

pkmusd
TheLegendLeads wrote:

top.png @pkmusd

A couple of notes:

1- The above is applicable ONLY if the other party was at fault 100%.

2- In pt#4, 15-20 days is for some insurance companies. Some companies process much faster.

3- In pt#5, it depends on your insurance policy terms & conditions. If you had paid for 'agency repairs', you have to go to the agency. Otherwise, other local workshops.

I edited it to make it comprehensive smile.png Thanks

ghastly_specter

My car was being hit at the back by a pick-up yesterday 16-Feb-2014. I tried to call Najm and a lady ask my information (plate number, car type and model). She also asked my location and informed that someone will call me. After a minute a guy called me, unfortunately I cannot speak arabic that is why we cannot understand each other. In other words the guy who called me hang up.

After a while of waiting, police came. He took our iqama and estimara. Ask me some question and he is writing to a paper something like report. After that he told me to go to Malaz Moroor. I am trying to get a copy of report but he says just go to Malaz Moroor.

As of now, I have no Najm report and Police report with me.

Should I still go to Malaz Moroor? Please advise.

tansari

If the car was from Najam, you should already have accident report for Insurance purpose. You will need to get repair authorization form from traffic police department. There is an office on first floor for that purpose.

If you were attended by traffic police, then you would probably have accident report prepared by traffic police. You should visit traffic police department at Malaz which is behind the government hospital on Salahuddin Street. There is an office for accident report for insurance purpose.

You need to either get repair authorization form or accident report for insurance purpose from there.

ghastly_specter

Thank you "tansari" for the help.

I will go to police department at Malaz and will be posting the progress.

hiduds24

Please Guide me, I have an Accident and I dont know whos the Culprit, The Accident Happen in Mushrefah Dist 1 here in Jeddah, What number for Police should I call, is it 996 or 997 please give with English Language I dont know much Arabic Words,  my Car is kIA Rio which is my Profile..

tansari

Please get assistance from someone you know can speak Arabic and traffic police at 993

EBME

Dear,

Thanks for your post.
After accident investigation inspector will give three papers
1. Repair paper
2. Claim Paper
3. Small Paper for Insurance Claim Office.
Procedures:
1. Get Stamp from Traffic police Office, it will support you to repair car in workshop
2. Take small paper - which is written insurance company name and go to the particular insurance company and they will guide you - how to follow the insurance company  policies. It may be different as per the insurance policy.
4. Prepare the paper as per insurance company guidance and submit you will receive cheque as per approval.
Repair your car and drive.

shakaibp

Dear friend i had similar accident yesterday. I tried to call najam but they did not respond.Then traffic police came they made a report but only gave one copy.i was not fortunate like you to be hit by a good guy.The guy was very rude who hit my car and took that copy but some how I manage to take snap of that report.
What should I do now?  I have only snap shot of that copy?

Please advise thanks
Shakaib

atif79

Hi there I had a accident 2 months ago but I had to travel right afterwards and I came back close to end of Ramadan so now after eid I want to get My car repaired and I seems to lost one of the document which is the Insurance Company claim is it possible to get it again from Najm plus I check with Najm site it shows the status of My claim as
Transferring status    Transferred to Insurance Company
I am worried about if I could get the car repaired on insurance now or not

Thanks

skhan1967

My family & i had a serious car accident someone hit the car by side and my car roll over
three times on high way comming from yanbu to madina at saturday midnight. on 17-08-2014
but thank god everyone survived and walked away with only minor  scratches. But the car was totaly crashed.
i had mercurry mountaineer 2007 ,,, maroor put 100% fault on other party .
i don't know what to do i afraid he don't have any inshurence
pl. help

skhan1967
pkmusd wrote:

Since, I have just gone thru tough procedure of having an accident would like to provide steps
The below procedure is VALID "if the other person is liable (his mistake) and he has insurance and ONLY if the other party was at fault 100%."

1. Call Najam, you need to present him your estimara (vehicle registration) and driving license.
2. He will give you three papers as follows:
  i. small claim receipt on which he will write name of insurance company (of the liable)
  ii. damage assessment form
  iii. repair authorization request to Policy (Al-Maroor)
3. Now, goto Maroor Office (There are many in Nasariya, the one I went on is on exit 6, abu bakr siddique road). There maroor will see the form (iii), which I mentioned above and give you a small paper to fill up, asking for basic details about the car and owner. Once you fill it, they will sign and stamp on it.
4. Now, goto Sanaiya - I went one on Ummul-Hammam, there 3 surveyors will inspect the car and give you 3 quotations, insurance company will pay you the lowest amount of the 3.
4. Now, find address of the insurance company of the liable. Go there with all documents mentioned above and they will ask you to fill third party claim form. Once you fill that, they will give you a claim number and ask you to check back in 15-20 days (for some companies its faster).
5. Now, you can go to repair-center be it company's  showroom or some outside vendor and get it repaired (Depends on your insurance terms & conditions that whether it allows agency repairs or other workshops).

Hope this thread will be useful for all, getting through this  painful process.

pl. help if u can

nblegend

Can somebody please help me.this guy hit my side mirror then ran off..i got his plate number.what can i do..im living here in dammam

kashifnaz786

Dear Friends,
I had an accident today, I got a new Elentra car from ANB bank. I was waiting at a signal and a guy hit my
car from backside and my car also struck another car from the front side. I had two side damages back and front side without committing any mistake. sad.png Najam cama and he put fault at other guy who hit me he gave me two papers.
1-  Receipt mentioning the damages of my car from backside with another paper attached to it
2- front side damages
but the problem is he both of these papers are of different insurance companies and I got the quotation for only backside damage for the front damage they asked me to go to the insurance company directly. On my both papers 0% fault is mentioned.

How to get the quotation for front damages as they didnt give me another paper.

JHONGIKZ

Is there any issue if don't want to claim insurance for the repair of my vehicle? I noticed that the process for insurance claims here in saudi arabia has been quiet slow and i need my vehicle as soon as possible. will it not void the validity of insurance later?  i had an accident the other day and Najm immediately gave me 100% without even asking anything. he just spoke to the other driver since the other guy is a saudi.

Luckychap

I got a letter from muroor for repair. The person who has hit my car by taking reverse ran away before the Najm comes to spot.i noted his car number and said for najm and police. Police has mentioned that cars number in complaint.  As police adviced i provided three quotations and spare part quotation to police. Police gave me letter for repair. I dont have the other persons car insurance with me or his papers.
Now if i get the car repaired by paying from my pocket, WHEN and How i will be able to get the expences back .
I PRAY NO ONE SHOULD FACE ACCIDENTS..

Taseer
Luckychap wrote:

I got a letter from muroor for repair. The person who has hit my car by taking reverse ran away before the Najm comes to spot.i noted his car number and said for najm and police. Police has mentioned that cars number in complaint.  As police adviced i provided three quotations and spare part quotation to police. Police gave me letter for repair. I dont have the other persons car insurance with me or his papers.
Now if i get the car repaired by paying from my pocket, WHEN and How i will be able to get the expences back .
I PRAY NO ONE SHOULD FACE ACCIDENTS..

No issues. Same happened with me, the guy didn't wait for najam.
When you will receive the accident report from Muroor, it will have all the details of the vehicle. If it is insured, (probably it was not that's why the guy didn't stop), you will have to go to HIS insurance company, fill out the form and wait 15 days to get your cheque.

If his car was not insured, (most likely), you will have to get your car repaired by yourself. However, once the police catches that guy, which I believe they DO CATCH, because they impose several restrictions on HUROOB Number plate car, you will be able to settle the case with that person. Depends how much you spend on your car and how much he is willing to pay. Otherwise, that person has to spend some time in jail.

expat_driver24

I went to Muroor in Exit 5. I just show them my Najm paper, my claim paper and Driver's Registration. The police just stamped my Najm paper. I asked the police if I can go to workshop & he replied Yes. So, is it Ok to go to any workshop for quotation, so that I could collect 3 quotations from 3 different workshops? Would that stamp on Najm paper is enough to proceed w/ the quotation or shall I get the "Wargah Tasleeh" as mentioned from the previous topic. By the way, my car only suffered a minor dent at the back (compartment door) & few small scratches on the rear bumper. Pls help by commenting your opinion... Thanks in advance!

Taseer
expat_driver24 wrote:

I went to Muroor in Exit 5. I just show them my Najm paper, my claim paper and Driver's Registration. The police just stamped my Najm paper. I asked the police if I can go to workshop & he replied Yes. So, is it Ok to go to any workshop for quotation, so that I could collect 3 quotations from 3 different workshops? Would that stamp on Najm paper is enough to proceed w/ the quotation or shall I get the "Wargah Tasleeh" as mentioned from the previous topic. By the way, my car only suffered a minor dent at the back (compartment door) & few small scratches on the rear bumper. Pls help by commenting your opinion... Thanks in advance!

No buddy, you cannot go to ANY work shop. There are certain workshops authorized by the traffic department. E.g I went to one in Sanaiya Al Arouba.
I believe the other party was at fault. So you take your quotations back to muroor and they will stamp it. They will then ask you to go to Insurance company (other party who hit your car). File your claim and they will give your cheque in some days.

Imtiazz

Give me the locations to get best estimate for my car in Riyadh.

expat_driver24

Hello to all... I already processed the paper works & I finally got the cheque. It was really a headache & a time consuming experience... Now, here's the thing... I went to Riyad Bank for encashing the sum amount of the cheque. The teller told me that I cannot encash the cheque because it is addressed to Al Yusr (which is my insurance). He told me to go to Al Yusr and get the money from them. But I am in doubt if Al Yusr would be able to help me with the encashment of the cheque or not. Questions arising on my mind right now. Is it really usual that they issue the cheque to the Insurance & not to the person who purchase & driving the car that had an accident? Or was it the fault of the insurance (Al Buruj) who gave me the cheque, instead of issuing it under my name, they put the name of my insurance (Al Yusr)? Pls reply, I need your comment & suggestion. Happy Eid to all!

lucker

Dear All,

I was going for an important meeting yesterday evening and on the way I had an accident as the guy on my left suddenly changed track to right and hit me on my left side.Since it was a first time and I had no idea I stopped my car away from the spot. It was totally his mistake but I was reluctant to call the NAJM as I was driving my friends car and thought that I would be into trouble had I called NAJM, hence I let him go off as he was with his family and I had to rush for the meeting and couldnt wait long. Today I regret thinking that I have to repair it my self even though it was his fault. My Question is
1) What will happen if the NAJM comes to know that it is not our own Car?
2) How can I repair my car now as I dont have any documents to provide at work shop?
Please guide me so that I can be aware of the rules and regulations.

tahertalib

Hi

i hit a car from behind and the Najm gave me only one paper which says 100% my fault.
Does anyone know the procedure that needs to be followed in this case?

my car is leased from ALJ.

Thanks

Akhatzukhie

Hi
I just bump car today that causes his bad bumper a hole. . And I have 3rd party insurance.. So I will be the one will pay his charges? And how about my car damage? 

Thank you

HRGuru

You have to wait for Najam to come and prepare report and then based on this report he will follow the process with his insurance company to get his bumper repaired and if you only have third party insurance then you need to take care of your repairs.

danish16

I had an accident and Najam is asking me to bring the estimate from Shaikh Maraz, can any body tell what is Shaikh Maraz and where i can find him?

Gustavo Allen

Question,

Im here in Saudi Arabia, I have a question.  What if one of our driver got involved in an accident damaging few other cars and the police report says it is hes fault and the other thing is that the vehicle was not insured during the time of the accident .  What will be the consequence?

Saud_094437

Today I had an accident near my university.

The other guy is at 100% fault and najm issued it.
I received an SMS where there was a link and I downloaded the document.

Question: I did not receive any small slip or insurance claim receipt. How do I know the insurance of the guy at fault?

Thanks in advance.

Ravi Thakkar

Good Morning , on 17th Nov I had an accident I. Evening at abqaiq, I called Najm but they didn't respond as it was late in evening, I called police and they prepared accident report, and that number came on my phone through message,

Now on Sunday 19th Nov he told me to come at murror office and collect papers,

He told that the guy who hit my car was in fault, and he has an insurance,

Now I don't know what to do next after getting g papers from murror.

Please help if anyone knows further procedure.

Meanwhile I tried to contact Najm and they told you have to follow direction from murror and Najm will not help you to file your claim

bhindrawaale

@Ravi Thakkar

Ok sir tnx

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles