Menu
Expat.com

Wanted a boyfriend!!:)

Last activity 25 June 2012 by Harmonie

AnnieDuong
LanPhan wrote:

I don't know what to say now. I have a coffee shop and an office for lease, I have been looking for a business partner for 1 month already on this site but no any reply. I graduated intl business in Vn, then studied in NYC, then worked in Vancouver. Last year I came back Vn and have taken this business. I spent all of money I have to run the business but I still need more finance to renovate the shop. And the office need to be hired. Buy nothing works now. I Shouldn't come back Vn, I am so stupid. I have no friends after a long time stay abroad, I feel I am a foreigner in my mother country.

Hey, same here, however you decided to come back, so adjust yourself to fit in. That's what i'm doing now anyway.

You shouldn't have taken in a business in the first place without having a good financial resource. Not to blame you for the failure but instead of moaning about it, you should find a way out, selling it at a cheap price could be an option if you don't have the ability to run it. If it's at a good location, contact a larger coffee chain to take over or franchise.

You graduated in Business field, you should know all these things.

AnnieDuong
jazzy851 wrote:

Back to Vietnam and every single girl I know moan about not having a bf and how hard life is without one.
Extremely disappointed.

yikes.pngyikes.png

@Annie - May be LanPhan is speaking about getting motivated ? whistle.gif

Probably, but surely she can be motivated without finding a bf...

jazzy851

I don't know what to say now. I have a coffee shop and an office for lease, I have been looking for a business partner for 1 month already on this site but no any reply. I graduated intl business in Vn, then studied in NYC, then worked in Vancouver. Last year I came back Vn and have taken this business. I spent all of money I have to run the business but I still need more finance to renovate the shop. And the office need to be hired. Buy nothing works now. I Shouldn't come back Vn, I am so stupid. I have no friends after a long time stay abroad, I feel I am a foreigner in my mother country.

yikes.png

Ok i get the picture now - dont despair, If you have only been running your business for 1 month, then i'm sure you will understand that it may take time. Dont give up, hang in there. You may just need to re think your strategy, come up with a plan to revive your business, explore the marketing side of it? I'm not into business but if you have studied this you will have a good understanding of how it works..  Give yourself credit, you came back to your country to start a business and by all means, no business is easy to start with..so give it time and hope it works out for you, just hang in there wink.png Go for it girl wink.png

AnnieDuong
jazzy851 wrote:

yikes.png

Ok i get the picture now - dont despair, If you have only been running your business for 1 month, then i'm sure you will understand that it may take time. Dont give up, hang in there. You may just need to re think your strategy, come up with a plan to revive your business, explore the marketing side of it? I'm not into business but if you have studied this you will have a good understanding of how it works..  Give yourself credit, you came back to your country to start a business and by all means, no business is easy to start with..so give it time and hope it works out for you, just hang in there wink.png Go for it girl wink.png

Wow, you are well good at motivating smile.png

No offence LanPhan, I just think you should be stronger to make it work. Well, I do marketing and I used to manage a coffee shop in England. Probably I could help if you wanna talk.

jazzy851

Hey, same here, however you decided to come back, so adjust yourself to fit in. That's what i'm doing now anyway.

You shouldn't have taken in a business in the first place without having a good financial resource. Not to blame you for the failure but instead of moaning about it, you should find a way out, selling it at a cheap price could be an option if you don't have the ability to run it. If it's at a good location, contact a larger coffee chain to take over or franchise.

You graduated in Business field, you should know all these things.

Again Annie, you're playing all the right notes here. I mentioned something similar and i'm not business minded either.

@LanPhan - please dont take this personal but consider this as constructive criticism, as we say in England wink.png Good luck, hope it works out. wink.png

AnnieDuong
jazzy851 wrote:

Again Annie, you're playing all the right notes here. I mentioned something similar and i'm not business minded either.

@LanPhan - please dont take this personal but consider this as constructive criticism, as we say in England wink.png Good luck, hope it works out. wink.png

tongue.png I graduated BSc in Business and Management smile.png. I was gonna open a coffeeshop here but didn't think it would work...

Anyway, life goes on.

jazzy851

No offense LanPhan, I just think you should be stronger to make it work. Well, I do marketing and I used to manage a coffee shop in England. Probably I could help if you wanna talk.

@LanPhan - There you go. Help has already arrived on your door step. You have nothing to loose. Annie has kindly offered her help. If i was you, i would grab this opportunity with two hands without even thinking about it. Given that Annie worked in a coffee shop in England, that experience counts alot. I for one, know how busy coffee shops are in England and how well they do. I worked down the road next to a coffee shop and it was never empty!

See you already have people on this forum helping you smile.png
Go for it girl, and if you make it big, all i ask is that you remember Annie and me for motivating you big_smile.pngwink.pngtongue.png

jazzy851

@Annie - I hope you havent upset someone, they didn't stick around too long whistle.giftongue.pngwink.png  No i'm sure you meant it in a good way big_smile.png
Or maybe they will think it over and sleep on it. sleep.png

Let me know how it goes... from a funny start to this forum to a serious one, you sure kept it in check ! well done Missey wink.png

AnnieDuong
jazzy851 wrote:

@Annie - I hope you havent upset someone, they didn't stick around too long whistle.giftongue.pngwink.png  No i'm sure you meant it in a good way big_smile.png
Or maybe they will think it over and sleep on it. sleep.png

Let me know how it goes... from a funny start to this forum to a serious one, you sure kept it in check ! well done Missey wink.png

I'm like Marmite, they either like me or hate me haha smile.png
Sometimes you have to learn things the hard way...

LanPhan

My sister run this coffee shop for 9 years and I paid her 20,000 USD to take over it from November 2011. Every month I pay the rent for the landlord too. This area is 300m2, including a coffee shop and an office. You know that after 9 years, everything is old and be downgraded. The ground of the shop is lower than the street, and the rainy   Season is coming Saigon ( my shop is at Thao Dien, dist 2, Saigon) . I need to make a new kitchen, new bar counter, gate, light, plumbing,... I need to renovate it as soon as possible or no any clients will come my shop.

jazzy851

I'm like Marmite, they either like me or hate me haha smile

Hahahah - I know marmite from the UK quite well.. lol.png

jazzy851

@LanPhan - welcome back - I hope you didnt take the comments too personal. I mean Annie is merely trying to help you out in the best and honest way possible. wink.png

Also on your point, about renovating it, this does make a difference too. This will be more appealing to the customer, but of course you need the funds to do this too. I don't know the ins and outs of your business but yeah work on this like Annie suggested and you may be able to turn it around, soon. Good luck top.png

AnnieDuong
LanPhan wrote:

My sister run this coffee shop for 9 years and I paid her 20,000 USD to take over it from November 2011. Every month I pay the rent for the landlord too. This area is 300m2, including a coffee shop and an office. You know that after 9 years, everything is old and be downgraded. The ground of the shop is lower than the street, and the rainy   Season is coming Saigon ( my shop is at Thao Dien, dist 2, Saigon) . I need to make a new kitchen, new bar counter, gate, light, plumbing,... I need to renovate it as soon as possible or no any clients will come my shop.

Send me a pic of the shop inside, a pic of the road with other surrounding shops to giang.h.duong@gmail.com
Number of staff (casual and permanent), copy of menu, main customers, estimated cost for upgrading, Swot analysis on the shop, marketing plan if there is any?

How could you not foresee this when you paid the 20 grands???

Have you tried any commercial leasing company like Savills to lease the spare office space?

AnnieDuong
jazzy851 wrote:

I'm like Marmite, they either like me or hate me haha smile

Hahahah - I know marmite from the UK quite well.. lol.png

Man, it actually tastes disgusting, why did i compare myself to Marmite???

jazzy851

Send me a pic of the shop inside, a pic of the road with other surrounding shops to giang.h.duong[at]gmail.com
Number of staff (casual and permanent), copy of menu, main customers, estimated cost for upgrading, Swot analysis on the shop, marketing plan if there is any?

How could you not foresee this when you paid the 20 grands???

Have you tried any commercial leasing company like Savills to lease the spare office space?

Wow theres no time like the present! wink.png
Annie, you sure don't waste any time - all right questions asked. wink.png

Man, it actually tastes disgusting, why did i compare myself to Marmite???

Hahaha - dont worry Annie, could have been worse, you could have selected Peanut butter !! tongue.pnglol.pngtongue.pnglol.pngtongue.pnglol.png

AnnieDuong
jazzy851 wrote:

Hahaha - dont worry Annie, could have been worse, you could have selected Peanut butter !! tongue.pnglol.pngtongue.pnglol.pngtongue.pnglol.png

I love peanut butter! yikes.png

colorado

lanphan i want marry you smile.png

Fred
AnnieDuong wrote:
jazzy851 wrote:

I love peanut butter! yikes.png

I don't because I know how it's made and what goes into it.

Fred
colorado wrote:

I have yet to get any offers so I'm open to proposals.

Yours passionately,
Sue.

jazzy851

yikes.png

@colorado - you havin a laugh?
If the mods dont slap you, I think Annie will big_smile.pngdumbom.gif

Annie is trying to help a distressed girl get her business up and running again - I dont think Annie will allow for any distractions huh.pngwink.png

jazzy851

I dont want to go off topic, but made where in Indonesia or UK lol.png

jazzy851

Yours passionately,
Sue.

@colorado - seems like you might be in luck here.. lol.png

okay lets keep this topic on track pls tongue.png

dotdot

oh please!someone call masfred's wife already and report a missing dress,haha

@LanPhan,I hope things will turn around smile.png.More details,please?

dotdot

rofl, looks like Sue means business!

Fred
jazzy851 wrote:

I dont want to go off topic, but made where in Indonesia or UK lol.png

KP foods, England.
A bloke called Ralph used to throw all the sweepings up, reject product and so on into the peanut butter plant.
Nabbed him at it a good few times.

Disgusting.

AnnieDuong
mas fred wrote:
colorado wrote:

Yours passionately,
Sue.

My beloved Sue,

Im off to Thailand next week...Refuse any offer you might receive during this given time...im sure the doctors there can do something and i will return with a great proposal you cannot decline...

Even more passionate...

Chandler

Xoxox

Fred

Forgot to mention.
The 'mottled' effect you sometimes see on various nuts means the product is probably diseased and should not to be eaten.
An especially nasty toxin called, "Aflatoxin" is commonly detectable on diseased nuts.
This carcinogenic compound is a killer.

No way will I touch peanut butter.

AnnieDuong
dotdot wrote:

oh please!someone call masfred's wife already and report a missing dress,haha

@LanPhan,I hope things will turn around smile.png.More details,please?

What's the number? He might stretch the poor dress...

AnnieDuong
mas fred wrote:

Forgot to mention.
The 'mottled' effect you sometimes see on various nuts means the product is probably diseased and should not to be eaten.
An especially nasty toxin called, "Aflatoxin" is commonly detectable on diseased nuts.
This carcinogenic compound is a killer.

No way will I touch peanut butter.

Just for you, Sue, i shall never touch peanut butter again

And there we are, happily ever after big_smile.png

Fred
AnnieDuong wrote:

Im off to Thailand next week...Refuse any offer you might receive during this given time...im sure the doctors there can do something and i will return with a great proposal you cannot decline...

Even more passionate...

Chandler

Xoxox

I've pulled.

Fred
AnnieDuong wrote:

+44 (0)300 330 0630

jazzy851

I'd better head to sleep now. sleep.png

I can see this thread being like a top seller..i shall wait to see the results in the morning... big_smile.png

Men in dresses, peanut butter recipe, ..what next  lol.pnglol.png

AnnieDuong
mas fred wrote:
AnnieDuong wrote:

+44 (0)300 330 0630

You dont actually like that dress, do you :p

I will rob the bank and get you the one you love x

AnnieDuong
jazzy851 wrote:

I'd better head to sleep now. sleep.png

I can see this thread being like a top seller..i shall wait to see the results in the morning... big_smile.png

Men in dresses, peanut butter recipe, ..what next  lol.pnglol.png

It's morning already here!!

Cba to go to work sad.png

Fred

I saw a really lovely pink number in ITC, BSD yesterday.

Harmonie

Hi!

Thread closed for obvious reasons.

Harmonie.

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles