Where to live?

I will be working in Port Louis starting January. Where is the best area to live? I would want to commute by bike or scooter. I like peace and quiet, Internet, TV, not far from food markets, and i like the sea for scuba diving. Thought mayne the west (Flic en Flac) as the north appears to be more touristy. 15000 per month, apartment 2 BDRS  or small villa " opinions?

Well Keffe

If you are working in Port Louis, and knowing that you would want to commute by bike or scooter, I would not advise Flic-en-Flac, which is quite some distance from there.

Still, you can get “... peace and quietness, Internet, TV, not far from food markets ...” in Quatre-Bornes, and then go for scuba diving during the week-end in Flic-en-Flac.

In fact, Quatre-Bornes is mid-way between Port Louis and Flic-en-Flac.

Still, a smarter move would be to take the decision when reaching Mauritius and seeing the place by yourself.

You are surely aware of the capricious nature of the climate here, and could at times get generous showers directly on your bike or scooter on the road either on your way to office or back.

Regards;)

Vayid – vayidm2000@yahoo.com

Hi Keffe
Bonjour, If you are working in Port Louis I think it is best for you to live in a cool area as you are from Montreal. If you are still looking for a place, can contact me on 9133796.
bgumani@hotmail.com
Regards
BG.