Menu
Expat.com

Do you believed in a long distance love affair?

Last activity 09 January 2014 by Adauto

HaileyinHongKong
aabie ryan wrote:

summer love...another myths?

But a good movie.

Georgia Fuga

The point is to live these moments even for once ... And I feel lucky and  happy for that  !!!

Kaimarah

Hope is directly proportional to time... as time goes, so does hope fade-out.
So Long distance relaxnships barely workout since the bond weakens by the day.

Kaimarah

can you 'live the moments' remotly?
I surely doubt that however much you might be in touch, the bond wears out by the day... till you both let-go!

HaileyinHongKong
Kaimarah wrote:

Hope is directly proportional to time... as time goes, so does hope fade-out.
So Long distance relaxnships barely workout since the bond weakens by the day.

So people who keep trying until they succeed are hopeless?

Katie_Le

Of course, it is a romantic love.

Kaimarah

Hopeless? Oh!
That is quite heavy a description..
Well, you sh'd never fail to try nor sh'd you ever try to fail.
#MiraclesHappen

HaileyinHongKong

#mydreamisthatsomedayeveryonetypeslikethisandnoonewritesinsentencesanymore

ash_smy

yes for sure

owais.truefriend

I am seeking long distance love affair, I love to get it.

ECS
owais.truefriend wrote:

why would you seek out a long distance love affair when you could have one not long distance? After 2 years of long distance I can definitely say it's wayyyyy better when you're not far away.

Megaclyde

Generally speaking some people probably can manage it,
Personally no, the intimacy of the relationship is important.
I don't like having a relationship through skype

haggishunter

I had a long distance relashinship. Had been apart since 2010, then married 2011and he just got visa last september to come home. big_smile.png

MO2013
ECS wrote:
owais.truefriend wrote:

why would you seek out a long distance love affair when you could have one not long distance? After 2 years of long distance I can definitely say it's wayyyyy better when you're not far away.

Completely agree with that.
Although, a long distance relation might be exciting but it is always better when you aren't far away.

ericwt

I would hate to put limits on love, so I am not. Anything is possible.

In the real world I think a friendship can be developed over time and then lead to actually meeting. After that who knows?

Short term a long distance relationship might be possible.

For long term you need to be in the same place.

If you are not willing or able to live in the same area it will never work.

HaileyinHongKong

I believe in any kind of affair that is hot & sweaty.

tajutalk2me

Yes, if there are good communications in between, and they are both already to join each other, not just for fun. How I wish, I could settled down in northern america unfortunately not all understand english and planning to move too mexico by next month! Inbox me if you have any idea of connection

HaileyinHongKong

There are as many opinions on this subject as there are literate people online.

Kambenjajo

you are right,to me the distance does,t matter what matters is the respect and trust,too the value you hav for that person

lonelierbydozens
Kambenjajo wrote:

you are right,to me the distance does,t matter what matters is the respect and trust,too the value you hav for that person

What if trust and respect is there but the spark and connection of feelings ? It will never work.

HaileyinHongKong
lonelierbydozens wrote:

What if trust and respect is there but the spark and connection of feelings ? It will never work.

Isn't that the same with short distances?

Tamle1984

can work, only depends on you.

tajutalk2me

Good-day, I am Abayomi,  28 years old professional, currently living and working in south africa, I would be coming to mexico before july ending, I am single expat to mexico and I wouldn't mind to be your friends, maybe something later run. Lol

ash_smy

Sure,Thanks to the late technology...

jelynsison

Long Distance Relationship. YES, I believe in LDR. I am actually in this situation for 28 months but we're still in relationship. I live in Philippines and he is working right now in California, USA.  Though we encountered small fights every month, we're still surviving. Just trust and loyalty needed in this kind of relationship (imo) and this LDR is part of our plan to be together soon...forever. smile.png

There's social medias out there to reach each other even for few minutes per day but can't deny that we still missed each other.

Have a great day. God Bless.

cguohao

depends on how deep the relationship was before the long distance came in..

It is possible but the couple must have built a deep relationship before getting separated

Kristine1991

smile.png long distance love in my opinion are including distance and time which are related to each other. Distance is not really a big matter as long as it does not last like year or many years far away from each other. However, if the long distance love is only in 6 months below then its worth to still love no matter where you are because it is kind of challenge for both and trust is most importance in this case. If LOVE is smiling as both then one day when we meet again, we will love each other even more...but if its other opposite, it ends... smile.png

HaileyinHongKong

As Mark Twain once said, "That's what Skype is for."

ninaelbe

yes anything is possible

stumpy

I have been in one for 13 years now. Works well for myself and my wife. I get home maybe every 3 or 4 months for 2 weeks break.

When were first married and I was working in Afghanistan I only got home 4 times in 2 years.

MO2013
stumpy wrote:

I have been in one for 13 years now. Works well for myself and my wife. I get home maybe every 3 or 4 months for 2 weeks break.

When were first married and I was working in Afghanistan I only got home 4 times in 2 years.

top.png to the surviving wife.

Phoenixxl

I believe it is very real to the people experiencing it , but the truth of it is you are actually in love with your own imagination and not the other person.

HaileyinHongKong
Phoenixxl wrote:

I believe it is very real to the people experiencing it , but the truth of it is you are actually in love with your own imagination and not the other person.

This is kind of insane.

stumpy

The poster has obviously never been in a long distance relationship or maybe any relationship.
My relationship with my wife and family is definitely not in my imagination.

MO2013
Phoenixxl wrote:

The imagination of knowing the truth of somthing, with no experience about it, is always common.

Kellyg

I am undecided about this topic, I mean some long distance love affairs work others do not mine's certainly didn't work sosad.png but if two people are destined to be together I don't see why it cant work

stumpy

What works for me may well not work for someone else.

Phoenixxl
stumpy wrote:

My relationship with my wife and family is definitely not in my imagination.

My reply is mainly aimed at people who fall in love with someone who they meet on the web or similar, not someone you are forced to live a few years apart from but have had a long relationship with "in the flesh" so to speak, before.

I say mainly because I also believe that people constantly change. In 5 years someone changes a whole lot, especially if they live in a different culture. From the moment people are split up the construction of the "imaginary other" starts.

In both cases - but obviously a lot more in the former - the level of needed "interpretation" of what the other is saying is  really enormous. Two people experiencing the same thing interpret it quite differently, let alone the story of that experience. The chance you get confronted with the parts of the other that would in closer circumstances result in disgust isn't really present either ie "eating his boogers in public". Even if the people involved are completely honest about what they say, that reality is also heavily romanticized.

However , I'm not saying it can't work. I'm not really a believer of there being "the one" I'm sure a partner can be found in a large percentage of the population. Starting of with a long distance relationship sets the grounds for a lot of things. I am just saying ,while it's long distance the person you are having the relationship with is an idealized construct of your own imagination with a narrative slapped on by the other.
I'm sure that when the moment of meeting comes and both people understand what has happened and are prepared to find compromise, something long lasting can be created.
On the other hand , during those first days you would be cheating on your imaginary partner with the real thing. How you end up processing that would be paramount to how it all goes on.

stumpy wrote:

The poster has obviously never been in a long distance relationship or maybe any relationship.

Really... If I keep posting on this forum for the next couple of years I'm sure you can attribute a lot more to this imaginary version of me.

Phoenixxl
HaileyinHongKong wrote:
Phoenixxl wrote:

This is kind of insane.

I can give OP my opinion.
I can't make anyone reading this thread understand my reply. My sanity does not depend on your understanding. Thank you for keeping it civil in the future.

owais.truefriend

Yes, I believe in it but I am still searching for real girl for long term. mostly I found cheating or fake profiles on internet thus it is really disturbing to me.

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles