Canadian Citizenship likely after 3 years on student visa?

Would I get the Canadian Citizenship If I do live there for three years, comply with the apparent terms&conds?

Suppose If I leave behind my country and shift to Canada, live there for 3-4 years, while complying with conditions like not indulging in crime, having sound knowledge regarding the culture and laws of Canada etc, would I be ensured to get a Citizenship? Or is it still a 50-50 chance?

P.S. I could communicate well in English, both written and verbally. I would be a private college student for three years, doing ACCA.

No. You have to be in Canada as a Permanent Resident for 3 years in order to eligible for citizenship.Being here as a student doesn't count towards that.After your schooling is finished you have to return home and apply for PR from there.If you get PR then you can live in Canada legally.After 1095 days of occupancy you can apply for citizenship.

Hi loriangel
I have some quesions .please check your inbox
   Thanks

loriangel14 wrote:

No. You have to be in Canada as a Permanent Resident for 3 years in order to eligible for citizenship.Being here as a student doesn't count towards that.After your schooling is finished you have to return home and apply for PR from there.If you get PR then you can live in Canada legally.After 1095 days of occupancy you can apply for citizenship.

ALright. So I could be applying for PR for studies, and not student visa. Thanks a lot!

No you have to apply for a student visa if you are coming to study. After your schooling is done you have to return home and apply for PR from there.You wouldn't qualify for PR as a student.