Live-in/live-out nannies?

Hello, We are an English family, thinking about moving to Malta but I am wondering how much it would cost to hire a full-time nanny to look after our young children if we are both working. Could anyone let me know roughly how much we would need to budget for a live-in or live-out nanny? What about hourly rates for babysitters? Thanks.

Hi rubies and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that other members will advise you soon.

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, you may perhaps be enlightened.

Good luck,
Harmonie.;)

HELLO RUBIES,
I sometimes leave  my children at their creche for the full day when i need (usually they stay til lunch) they are open from 7.30-6.30. But it depends of course what age they are. I'll give you their facebook page anyway facebook.com/JollyJumpers.ChildCare?fref=ts
so you can give them a call. Beside this there is a website for mums and children where you can look up some childcare adverts as well which is this kidsmalta.com/lists/view/babysitters.aspx
I hope that will help
Giuseppina

Hi, Try Kids in Company.. The two ladies will find exactly what you want and rates are fantastic. I have used since moving here.

Thanks Giuseppina and Ash. Kids in Company looks like a good service and I also found KidsMalta.com with loads of useful info. Great forum by the way!

Hi! I have been a nanny for a short time here in Malta, but as far as I am aware Maltese nannies generally work for about 5euro an hour and Non-Maltese nannies generally work for about 7-9 euro an hour.

Live in Nannys are around €700 per month plus social, food, etc but they work 6 days a week and extended hours on contract.