Getting an opportunity to work for a Malaysian IT Consulting firm.

Hi
This is sreedhara from Bangalore, India. I work for wipro and getting 7600MYR PA. I am getting an opportunity to work for a Malaysian IT Consulting firm. Below are my criteria and please let me know how much salary should I ask.

1) I want to save 4000 RM per month.
2) I live normal life .
3) We are okay with decent apartment in a decent place.
4) My office will be near to "KL sentral Plaza" and I will rent an apartment near by any station so I can avail public transport.
and my rent range between 1500-1800RM single bed room with fully furnished house plz suggest be which area will near for me to get a rent house in the above range and also near to my office

Please also suggest if my office is near "KL sentral Plaza"  then which place should I consider for accommodation.

Hi sridhrts and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created on Kuala Lumpur forum for better visibility.;)

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.

Harmonie.

Hi your numbers don't add up if you include tax and a wife ("we") to live ok in KL 6k needed. I know that as I work with malaysians. Max you can save is 1-2k and that is being careful with money. Average salaries in selangor are about 7k. Some can live on less yes but really skimping and saving. Things like electricity astro and food do add up in KL as almost 1st world prices. Rent is cheaper but transport isn't so cheap. As always it depends on you and priorities. 4k would be hard work if spending 2k nearly on rent!

KL Sentral you won't find houses but condos. 2k or more so I am told but not looked myself recently. If you travel then travel costs shoot up and hell on earth traffic problems round there! You could try the train but packed and priices near stations reflect that. Prob best bet you you ask your company to put you in a hotel at their cost for two weeks while you look. Any decent company will.