Menu
Expat.com

school administrators

Last activity 08 August 2013 by egus

egus

Hi All,

No news yet...did you get the ADEC travel form document? Apparently that's the one that they use to get our travel in order.

egus

The document asks the same questions that the original one asked...passport number, city of departure, phone, email, etc...

egus

Hi guys,

So lots of buzz on blogs from people waiting for visas for August. No one has gotten any word yet...some say they've been told that the first group is leaving Aug. 2. Some are saying they've been told to prepare for travel by the 9th (the last day of Ramadan). In other words...everyone is on pins and needles! How're you guys holding up? Dan...any news for you?

Danelectro

I'm tellin ya the 11th

egus

I'll defer to the 11th...lol. I'm just getting very antsy at this point.

Danelectro

Until we get tickets it's all speculation. I still don't have a contract and its just weeks away.

egus

Have they given you any word on when the contract/offer is coming? They seem to cut everything to the closest possible time.

Danelectro

"It's in process and progress". They say CMs join on the 12th.

egus

wow...3 weeks if you count this week.

Danelectro

I count every week.

egus

Still hanging in there...lol. Any news?

egus

Recruiter sent out an email to all teachers telling them to expect tickets after the 11th with departure between the 20th and 24th. I contacted them and the rep said that admin is still in the works...but to be ready to go at any time. Did you guys here anything from TA? Phil, have you heard anything about your contract?

egus

Leaving on the 11th..Sunday at 8:30 pm from Chicago. Will be in UAE on Monday at 7:25 pm.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Abu Dhabi

All of Abu Dhabi's guide articles