Riyadh events 2010

Ok everyone, any events you heard of lately? Are we missing something here?! pls share..

lots of sandstorms on the north western horizon last 2 days...

Sorry to miss the joke, but was this supposed to be funny?!

I think yes alisan ;) dont mind Musicman, hes the fortune cookie's fortune teller.. kidding.

Salman

Ok then, Salman I guess you know better :)

On the Occasion of the 2nd Motorsport Season Finale, Zain Reem International circuit is happy to invite all motorsports lovers to come and enjoy the last day of this season which will host the Final Round of the Saudi Racing Festival along with the Season's Grand Finale Celebration.

The Event will host the final rounds of the Saudi Radical Championship and Zain Lotus Cup and many more track activities
Join us for a day full of Activities , fun and excitment.
Date: Thursday 8th of April 2010
Time: Event Starts at 12:00PM
Races Starts at 2:00PM
Tickets available at Zain store on
Tahliah Street Prince Sultan Street -
OlayaKing Abdulaziz Street -
Murslat

oops, i missed this one by about 24 hours, sadly......
we need to have expat-blog posts delivered to our blackberrys

Start: April 25, 2010
End: April 29, 2010
Venue: Riyadh International Exhibition Centre (RIEC)
Address: King Abdullah St., Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q … udi+Arabia

The 9th International Information Technology Exhibition for Saudi Arabia held concurrently with Saudi Communications'2010

Exhibition Overview:

Join key ICT professionals at GITEX KSA 2010, and access a host of lucrative investment opportunities in the booming Saudi market
Saudi Communications'2010 concurrently taking place with GITEX.

IT spending in Saudi Arabia is expected to rise to some $5.6 billion by 2013, a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11%. Last year, Saudi Arabia already far and away the gulf region's biggest IT market with over 40% of total spending, spent $3.4 billion in the sector and the per-capita IT spend will rise 42% to $200 by 2013, with PC penetration also rising, to nearly 30%.

Computer sales – including PCs, notebooks and accessories – totalled almost $1.5 billion for 2008, with the segment growing at a CAGR of 10% between 2008 and 2013.

Saudi Arabia remains the largest market for software solutions in the region, with a value of $637 million in 2009, up from $570 million in 2008. The sector should continue to grow at 12% over the forecast 2008-2013 period.

FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://riyadhciti.com/2010/04/gitex-saudi-arabia-2010/

Fair and Bazaar (wedding day special): open for public
Starts: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 4:00pm
Ends: Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 11:15pm
Opens from 4.00pm to 11.00pm

The "wedding day special" bazaar offers all things related to this beautiful ceremony from jewelry, accessories, fashion designs, perfumes, photography, chocolate shops, and more...
The event will be held for 5 days, & will be honored by visits from princesses & elite women of Saudi.

interesting, i am one down, three more to go
should i take the offer?

I must applaud Alisan, you're really doing a great job piling on the event yet you are one of the newer expats in the country. Bravo!

musicman wrote:

should i take the offer?

You probably didn't hear about the Kuwaiti woman last year, or else you wouldn't be joking about that Musicman :lol:

NumbScully wrote:

I must applaud Alisan, you're really doing a great job piling on the event yet you are one of the newer expats in the country. Bravo!

It's nice of you Scully to say so. Thank you :)

Alisan wrote:
musicman wrote:

should i take the offer?

You probably didn't hear about the Kuwaiti woman last year, or else you wouldn't be joking about that Musicman :lol:

of course i didnt
no news is good news, sometimes

Any new Event Coming up?

Another Event...

ARE TEACHERS HUMAN?

AIS-R High School Theatre Productions presents a comedy, written by James Reach and published by Samuel French.

Come join us on April 20th and 21st from 7:00 - 10:00 PM

at the American International School of Riyadh, Larkin Theatre

Tickets are 30SR each and can be purchased by emailing Mrs. Nidal Al-Moumen :
nalmoumen@ais-r.edu.sa
966-1-491-4270         966-1-491-4270 ext. 231

@ Musicman: Thanks for the info. Very much appreciated :)

The Riyadh Spring Festival 2010

Organizer: General Administration of Gardens and Landscape, Riyadh Municipality
Period: 10 days
Location: Trail, Abu Bakr Al-seddik Road near Prince Sultan university
City: Riyadh
Under Auspices: Prince Dr. Abdulaziz bin Mohammed bin Ayyaf Al Miqren, Mayor of Riyadh Region

The Riyadh Spring Festival 2010, in its 6th edition, aims to provide environmental education to visitors through identification of the various types and advantages of environmentally friendly plants and flowers. It also informs visitors of the latest agricultural products, garden basic requirements that help make a beautiful, healthy and perfect garden. Moreover, the festival will boost tourism in the city, and enhance the sense of taste and beauty of the Saudi nationals and expatriates. The event also includes planting flowers carpet consists of more than 130 thousand flower, in addition to various activities suitable for all society segments.

For Pakistani Families ( I guess Nonz Might already Know )

expatriates.com/cls/9293227.html

Pakistani Family Community here in riyadh for interactive gathering

Note: For families only ( So i disqualify :( )

Its on 22nd April Thursday
There is Separate Portion of Istaraha for Ladies and Gents with one common Gate in between

following are the activities which we are planning to have for this event

Play cricket
play football
Antakshari competition between Girls and Boys
Story Phainkoo or Lateefa sort(if there is any)
swimming pool(Separate for Ladies and Gents)
Refreshment and tea
Dinner(will cater from a restaurant)
children(for them you can bring any thing which they have at home like cycle their toys etc to let them enjoy)

Tickets Available now @ SR 175 per family (inclusive of all kids below 10 years) + additional SR 30 per kid above age 10.

yeah i got to know about it but i couldn't manage to.I heard,the event was a blast...i missed it :(

Safari Resort Weekend Hike ison Thursday
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=52773185771

May 6 & 7, 2010 - 5th Xerox Golf Open Championship
The 5th Xerox Golf Open Championship

About: 18 holes; stroke play format; SR30,000 worth of prizes

Entry Fee: SR180

Free Practice: May 5

Play: May 6 and 7; request preferred tee-off times of 7am or 1pm either day

Prize and Presentation Buffet: May 7, approximately 6pm

Questions: 465-5000 x 6146 / x 6579 or recreation@icriyadh.com

Do we have any chess players here?

Queens Chess Club, Riyadh ares having an Open Chess Tournament on th 14th, 2pm - 8pm.

6 Rounds
30 min games.  FIDE Swiss pair system for draw.
I can provide more details if anyone is interested in playing.

Japanese food festival

Chef Kato toshikazo is cooking an authentic Japanese buffet at the Four Seasons Hotel, starting from April 29th till May 15th/ from 7.00PM to 11.00PM

For reservations call: 966(1)2115500

fourseasons.com

Riyadh festival of culture & productive families.

from May 3rd till May 9th

Location: Trail, Abu Bakr Al-seddik Road east of Prince Sultan university.

The festival offers:

35 families presenting handmade products & traditional outfits.

Traditional foods.

Poetry tents.

Children's theater.

Eagles shows & more...

Type: Meetings - Convention
Start Time: Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 4:50pm
End Time: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 7:50pm
Street: King Abdullah St.
City/Town: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q … udi+Arabia

The Riyadh Exhibition for Real Estate and Architecture Development 2010 (RESTATEX 13), in its 13th edition, will be attended by distinguished audience of senior officials in the ministry of municipal and rural affairs, council of Saudi chambers of commerce and industry, Riyadh chamber of commerce and industry, the heads of leaders' real estate companies, selected investors, and heads of the banks.

The largest real estate and investment companies in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf, in addition to the elite of Saudi banks will present their projects and services in RESTATEX 13. This event is organized and hosted by Ramtan Expo.

http://riyadhciti.com/2010/05/13th-real … xhibition/

Alethe wrote:

Do we have any chess players here?

Queens Chess Club, Riyadh ares having an Open Chess Tournament on th 14th, 2pm - 8pm.

6 Rounds
30 min games.  FIDE Swiss pair system for draw.
I can provide more details if anyone is interested in playing.

Hello,

I am interested to participate in it! May I know how to enter in it?

British, Irish Food Festival Riyadh

Start Time:   
Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 5:30pm

End Time:   
Monday, May 31, 2010 at 8:30pm

Garden Barbeque restaurant, Hotel Al Khozama

Street:   
Olaya St.

City/Town:   
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q … udi+Arabia

Hotel Al Khozama, a Rosewood hotel in Riyadh, will offer tastes from England and Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland at an upcoming food festival.

Held in cooperation with the British Embassy and the Embassy of Ireland, the British and Irish Food Festival will run from May 9 to 31 at the hotel's Garden Barbeque restaurant.

A variety of traditional starters, main courses and main dishes such as pies, fish and chips, and roast beef from England, Haggis from Scotland, Irish stew and special lamb dishes from Wales in addition to a variety of dishes from the Indian cuisine which has become a part of the British cuisine, are among the offerings.
http://riyadhciti.com/2010/05/riyadh-pl … -festival/

Blue Harbour's Exhibition in Mercure Hotel بازار في فندق ميركيور

Type: Meetings - Business Meeting

Start Time: Monday, May 31, 2010 at 5:00pm

End Time: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 8:00pm

Description: Excellence Exhibition FOR FEMALES ONLY ! No children will be allowed, 12+ only

Blue Harbour is specialized in hosting and organizing distinctive and high standard exhibitions.

Our mission is to host a high standard exhibition in a way to help small businesses to raise, and to have their finger printed on the community.

Excellence Exhibition is a collective high quality products. You'll find: clothes, accessories, desserts, jeweleries, abayas, hijab clothes, paintings, & gelabiat.

The table prices depends on the location. 1500-1200-1000 SR FOR BOTH DAYS !

our adv:
1- internet ( E-sponsor Saudi Guide)
2- SMS
3- BB
4- 10,000 brochures ( participants will have some)

Contact us via Email: Blueharbour.event@gmail.com
OR Call us on: 0551125009

Hey Girls,lets GO over there.
Hey boys,go and get your Abayas to join us :D

Sorry I won't be able to attend - we will be in the States!

CAF wrote:

Sorry I won't be able to attend - we will be in the States!

I know dear but stillll :sosad::sosad::sosad:

Asian Food Festival at Riyadh Marriott
Start:
May 9, 2010
End:
May 14, 2010
Venue:
Riyadh Marriott

Chinese chefs are offering several specialties at Asia Live – the Food Festival that opened Wednesday at Riyadh Marriott.
The festival is being organized in association with Doha Marriott and it brings Doha's most sophisticated and award-winning Asia Live Restaurant to Riyadh offering mouth-watering Japanese, Chinese and Thai dishes. The event will run up to May 14. Well-known specialty chefs Chi Kwaong, Christopher Yip and Julius Caragan Beltran are here to give esteem guests the authentic and the wide ranging Asian flavors.
The festival is open for dinner only between 6.30 P.M. and 12 midnight. For reservation purpose call 01477-9300/7075.

Sorry this course already started but just thought if you want to call the number to ask about the next course, the numbers are here! But mind you if you are interested you should ask about the course fee + the cake decoration kit price because you cant work without it & the lady doesn't mention that there is a 500SR kit you must buy until you join her course!!!!

Cake Decorating class course 1 will start this Sunday from 10-12
and 5:30-7:30
it'll be Sunday's and Tuesday's for two weeks
for reservations or more info call

Exhibition of Gold, Jewelry and Watches

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/1445/111/n123498164343017_5424.jpg

Start Time:   
Monday, May 17, 2010 at 4:00pm
End Time:   
Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 11:00pm

Riyadh International Exhibition Centre (RIEC)

Street:   
King Abdullah St.

City/Town:   
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

View Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q … udi+Arabia

Description:

The 4th Riyadh International Exhibition of Gold, Jewelry and Watches 2010 aims to provide a wide and effective reach over a broad spectrum of high net worth people with pronounced affinity towards gold and diamond jewellery. The exhibition will successfully bring together key buyers and suppliers of jewellery and watches, in addition to the related products and services.

Recieved this by email today, I don't know any details beyond what is included here.

Hi Everyone;

An Exhibition for the next three weeks at the National Museum (located opposite the Water Tower going towards Batha).

The Exhibition showcases the life and times of KSA's most beloved King - King Khalid Bin Abdulaziz.

You will need approximately one and a half - two hours to get through the various Halls of this Exhibition, which is annexed from the main museum.

Young Saudi men (very well attired/groomed/English speaking) will guide you through the entire journey.

The Exhibition will tour other areas of KSA after Riyadh.

Make some time to go there. It is one of the things you must see and do.

[large]Sugar Sammy Live in Riyadh(Stand up Comedy)[/large]

Sugar Sammy Live on Riyadh!

Thursday , June 10th , 8pm-10pm

Tickets SR275

One Sale Now at The Good Ship Lolipop Store, Tahlia Street

www.sugarsammy.com

Minimum Age 18yrs.

Venue to be announced

[large]Who is Sugar Sammy?[/large]

A Canadian born to Indian parents, Sugar Sammy draws on everything from arranged marriages in his own Indian ancestry to his views on deviant s*x, dr**s and modern day relationships. Brilliantly entertaining and relatable, Sugar Sammy will have you laughing, thinking, and seeing life in a whole new way.

[large]Where he has Performed Yet?[/large]

Hes performed in the USA, UK, Australia, South Africa, India, Ireland, Holland, Dubai, Germany, Hong Kong, Thailand, The Philippines, and the Caribbean

[large]His Achievements:[/large]

Hes won the Just For Laughs Comedy Award for Discovery of the Festival, and garnered many other honors, including nominations for this years M!M!M! Awards, as well as the Canadian Comedy Award for Funniest Male Comic.

if there is any upcoming event I'll post it here for everyone.
All the best for everybody.

Hassaan Issa has just announced an interesting event at Safari Resort this weekend on Thursday, June 24, 2010 as folows:-

dear members and friends,

Thursday 24 th of June - Oriental Night at the Safari Resort Palace, Lebanese musicians will play on Ooud, and an open buffet from Al Nafoura for the guests.

Tickets are limited, price is SR 300 per person.

unquote

He may be contacted on 059 614 5678 for reservations

Riyadh Restaurants:-

http://www.trustedopinion.com/best/rest … /Riyadh-SA

Display best on Google Chrome Browser.
MS Explorer is being cluttered with text on my laptop when I try this link for whatever reasons I cannot fathom

SAFARI RESORT, RIYADH:

A night rally will be held on the 22nd of July 2010, and will start at 5 pm at Safari Resort and will end at midnight.
A fun rally full of fun questions and stages, at the end of the rally an open buffet from Al Nafoura will be served in the Greek House.
Tickets are priced at SR per participant
please call 059 614 5678
check out FB pages at:-
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 … 563&ref=mf

hi
we need any ticket or at the spot we pay the required amount, i am new in Riyadh so i am looking that kind entertainment