Menu
Expat.com

will die from boredom

Last activity 04 June 2013 by Alliecat

Calentica87

Hello Mishal whatz up?Welcome back to SA! Well I came like 2 months ago ,I was dying inside hahah!Anywayz I try to get around by far ,like going to diff gardens ,not much of a partying over here!Very diff enviremont then my homeland so far! U can also go to several malls ,u can do plenty of things not much of socializing I think!It's very cool!Yea sometimes it's hard u wana take anxiety medications but hahaha what am I talking about run run! Go back to USA! Everybody wana go there!Run and have fun!I ma going insane here!I will try to take some trip to the dessert and ride camel! Maybe would be cool! I love camels!They are so cute!OMG ! Help me plz ,I also feel bored a hell! everyone ,what else except all those real "fun" (fun for my grandmom)things can I do?

i feel sorry for the cat, she/he seems really nice cat but the one who took the picture made her/him aggressive wink.png , sorry if i'm mistaken tongue.png

lol.pnglol.pnglol.pnglol.png

Calentica87

Yes u say cat and I remember the movie Puss in Boots!Dont mess with cat!haha!Dont ever mess with cat!antonio banderas really makes it sound funny!he is really the best actor

Alliecat
Hitch wrote:

cheow

its hot in here chill out guys , Mostly you have to clime down ...

Habibi!  Where have you been? big_smile.png

(oh, and you came in at the END of this thread--it's settled now, so don't you worry your pretty little head about it wink.png )

Alliecat
Calentica87 wrote:

but hahaha what am I talking about run run! Go back to USA! Everybody wana go there!Run and have fun!

But, see, that's the point. He is SAUDI.  *THIS* is his home but it seems he feels like you do. He'll readjust eventually.

Alliecat
meshal-tx wrote:

i feel sorry for the cat

You can feel sorry for me--doesn't bother me a bit lol.png

Alliecat
Calentica87 wrote:

he is really the best actor

Esp. when he's a cartoon cat j/k

cheers.png

Alliecat

BTW.. thought we were going to let this thread die? unsure.png

RIP-347-x-300.jpg

Calentica87

OMG I jut came back home!hahaha!I don't understand what you mean habibti?I don't feel sorry for anyone!Just I also go insane too!

Calentica87

offf I am so new to Riyadh ,don't know anything here!Your cat very beautiful! My friend has a cat that is too shy,specially hate children!And a bit arrogant cat!I really love animals they are so sweet! I had a dog who was very cute ,english setter !He was dying from cancer and looked at me with his sad eyes before we take him to put him to sleep! It was quite sad!I called him american name Christofer!Once he waited a cat under the tree for 5 hours ,he was really a hunter spirit!

Musab87

What the hell is going on here guys?

everybody chill out and be cool :p

Alliecat
Musab87 wrote:

Oh shut up!  You're a day late and a riyal short (http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/i … short.html) tongue.png

BTW, how did your little coffee party go? It was supposed to be over the weekend, right? whistle.gif

Alliecat
Calentica87 wrote:

OMG I jut came back home!hahaha!I don't understand what you mean habibti?I don't feel sorry for anyone!Just I also go insane too!

You're not habibi lol.png  HITCH is! big_smile.png

Alliecat

@Calentica87  Will you be getting a pet here in Saudia?

Calentica87

I will never get pet again!It's very hard because I travel a lot sometimes and noone can look after my pet!tongue.pngcool.png

Alliecat
tifd wrote:

as saudi i have to say

i am sorry about what he said
thanks for your comeing to our countray

Thanks, tifd.  Very kind of you but it's okay what he said--sometimes conflict is good, stirs things up a bit! big_smile.png

suribhai

this post wont die... hehe

Musab87
Alliecat wrote:
Musab87 wrote:

Oh shut up!  You're a day late and a riyal short (http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/i … short.html) tongue.png

BTW, how did your little coffee party go? It was supposed to be over the weekend, right? whistle.gif

Ok i'll shut up LoL

I was kidnapped!! ahaha

Actually nobody shows up that day unfortunately  those guys are not trusted nothappy.gif

Musab87
suribhai wrote:

this post wont die... hehe

true Story :p

meshal-tx
Calentica87 wrote:

Hello Mishal whatz up?Welcome back to SA! Well I came like 2 months ago ,I was dying inside hahah!Anywayz I try to get around by far ,like going to diff gardens ,not much of a partying over here!Very diff enviremont then my homeland so far! U can also go to several malls ,u can do plenty of things not much of socializing I think!It's very cool!Yea sometimes it's hard u wana take anxiety medications but hahaha what am I talking about run run! Go back to USA! Everybody wana go there!Run and have fun!I ma going insane here!I will try to take some trip to the dessert and ride camel! Maybe would be cool! I love camels!They are so cute!OMG ! Help me plz ,I also feel bored a hell! everyone ,what else except all those real "fun" (fun for my grandmom)things can I do?

hello smile.png

thanks for the welcome, and thank you for the suggestions. yes i'm  a Saudi and i lived in The US for quite awhile and now i'm back home again. i was asking because when i came back i wanted to do something different from what i used to do here before i went to The US, and it came to my mind that i should try and explore the life of expats in my home country at least it's something new. as you know, you might disagree with me in this matter, but i believe that usually the expats know more about the city than the locals. i'm not planning to go back to The US because i got what i needed from there but hopefully if i get the chance in the future Russia will be my next destination to see what awaits me there. big_smile.png

now back to your suggestions roll.png   , i hate shopping so malls are not an option for me sad.png  , the last time i remember going to a garden is when i was a kid with my family lol. i think it was called King Fahad Garden but i think they close it a long time ago sad.png . what garden to you suggest going to?

thanks again for the suggestions big_smile.png

Alliecat wrote:
meshal-tx wrote:

i feel sorry for the cat

You can feel sorry for me--doesn't bother me a bit lol.png

why would i feel sorry for you? yikes.png

i feel sorry for the cat, she/he seems really nice cat but the one who took the picture made her/him aggressive  , sorry if i'm mistaken

something is missing from the quote whistle.gif

and guys trust me there is no hassle here at all, we just disagree and agree on ideas and that happens all the time so there is no hard feelings but quite the opposite it made this thread get more interesting and as what Alliecat said it stirs things up  big_smile.pngofftopic.gif   why haven't my profile picture gotten approved yet?  dumbom.gif

Calentica87

hahahah!I see ,Well I go to maather cave park in Western compound ,ur always welcome! I go to swimming,I do gym ,I went several times to some children facility some of it  was totally sutable for adults!But I am here only since 2 months and I am still exploring!I will go to the zoo soon!There some musium here in riyadh.There is also trips they offer to the camel market hehe! It would be intersting ,but as I say I haven\t done much about it yet,because I moved to house and I had to arrange it and I had so many things going on! Well I wouldn't suggest Russsia ,too cold,I am not sure how nice people are since I ve never been there and also it\s kind of lack of sun most of time.I take the car and ususally drive to Greece or Turkey ,from my home country and go to beach or something.Depends of course what kind of trip would like to have maybe if u are explorer then western and Eastern Europe are suitable!
I hate shopping too but needed sometimes,I will go to one tomorrow because I need somethings but I hate that so many people go I can\t here the voices in my head lol!  this is how much I know about Riyadh!

Fidgety Soul

So i consider myself for not having time to get bored tongue.png

Hitch

khalas cat marry me then LOL

Hitch
Alliecat wrote:
Calentica87 wrote:

You're not habibi lol.png  HITCH is! big_smile.png

its been a really long time my dear friend I how everything is well with you .

meshal-tx
Calentica87 wrote:

hahahah!I see ,Well I go to maather cave park in Western compound ,ur always welcome! I go to swimming,I do gym ,I went several times to some children facility some of it  was totally sutable for adults!But I am here only since 2 months and I am still exploring!I will go to the zoo soon!There some musium here in riyadh.There is also trips they offer to the camel market hehe! It would be intersting ,but as I say I haven\t done much about it yet,because I moved to house and I had to arrange it and I had so many things going on! Well I wouldn't suggest Russsia ,too cold,I am not sure how nice people are since I ve never been there and also it\s kind of lack of sun most of time.I take the car and ususally drive to Greece or Turkey ,from my home country and go to beach or something.Depends of course what kind of trip would like to have maybe if u are explorer then western and Eastern Europe are suitable!
I hate shopping too but needed sometimes,I will go to one tomorrow because I need somethings but I hate that so many people go I can\t here the voices in my head lol!  this is how much I know about Riyadh!

wow that's so informative thank you so much

i don't think going to a compound is an option for me, even though i'd love to, but i think it's restricted to expats or by invitations. i actually never been to a museum here in Riyadh and actually never came to my mind that we have several museums here, i only know almasmak castle lol. do you suggest or know a good museum to go to?  i've been to the camel market before, and i've been what so called The challenge hill which usually Saudis go to to climb that hill with their cars.

I lived up north when i first arrive to The US and yes the snow was unbearable for me i couldn't stand it lol but i got used to it by time so i think i can take Russia's cold or that's what i wanna believe in haha. one of the reasons i wanna go there is to practice my Russian language because i don't have that much words to speak with and i'd love to experience their culture because i was reading some books a long time ago about the Russian culture and i was really fascinated about it and want to explore it. from what i learned, Moscow's people don't feel much comfortable around foreigners and that's why i'm aiming to either Bashkortostan or Tatarstan but ofcourse that's for future plans gloria.png  .

totally agree about malls lol i'd go crazy if i can't hear the voices in my head lol.png

Alliecat
Musab87 wrote:

I was kidnapped!! ahaha

Actually nobody shows up that day unfortunately  those guys are not trusted nothappy.gif

Yep, this is what happens.  People whine about nothing to do, then act excited when you invite them and then--don't show up! 

BTW, I want to commend you for being what we call a 'good sport.'  If it weren't impossible, I'd be your friend smile.png

Good luck!

Alliecat
meshal-tx wrote:

i actually never been to a museum here in Riyadh and actually never came to my mind that we have several museums here, i only know almasmak castle lol. do you suggest or know a good museum to go to?

The  National Museum is downtown, kind of near Deira and that multi-colored water tower (sorry I can't be more exact--since I'm not allowed to drive I don't really know many street names!). 

I've been there 4 times and I really LOVE that place, very well done.  I would suggest going at night because out one of the side doors there is a lovely large garden seating area  where I've seen lots of Saudi families who have brought a picnic dinner, hanging out and enjoying the night air.

Oh, and I believe admission was 10SAR.

Alliecat
Hitch wrote:

khalas cat marry me then LOL

gloria.png

meshal-tx
Alliecat wrote:
meshal-tx wrote:

i actually never been to a museum here in Riyadh and actually never came to my mind that we have several museums here, i only know almasmak castle lol. do you suggest or know a good museum to go to?

The  National Museum is downtown, kind of near Deira and that multi-colored water tower (sorry I can't be more exact--since I'm not allowed to drive I don't really know many street names!). 

I've been there 4 times and I really LOVE that place, very well done.  I would suggest going at night because out one of the side doors there is a lovely large garden seating area  where I've seen lots of Saudi families who have brought a picnic dinner, hanging out and enjoying the night air.

Oh, and I believe admission was 10SAR.

Thank you so much

i found their website:

http://www.nationalmuseum.org.sa/index.aspx

on the visiting hours it's always either official visits or family visits sad.png    so i don't see any day for me to visit sad.png

had to edit this post because i just relized i got the wrong quotation lol  sick.png

Guest6652

I think tuesday is for bachelors.....

meshal-tx
benchmarkzenith wrote:

I think tuesday is for bachelors.....

oh ok then i'll go and check it out, thanks a lot smile.png

Hitch

mark my words

Nothing will happen LOL

Alliecat
Hitch wrote:

mark my words

Nothing will happen LOL

Now now.. don't be cynical smile.png

Musab87
Alliecat wrote:
Musab87 wrote:

I was kidnapped!! ahaha

Yep, this is what happens.  People whine about nothing to do, then act excited when you invite them and then--don't show up! 

BTW, I want to commend you for being what we call a 'good sport.'  If it weren't impossible, I'd be your friend smile.png

Good luck!

it never be impossible wink.png Specially  in Saudi

Alliecat
Musab87 wrote:

It IS impossible--ESPECIALLY in Saudi! dumbom.gif

Guest6652
Alliecat wrote:
Musab87 wrote:

It IS impossible--ESPECIALLY in Saudi! dumbom.gif

Well, for saudi.....nothing is impossible....for expat....all things are impossible.... joking.png

Alliecat
benchmarkzenith wrote:

Well, for saudi.....nothing is impossible....for expat....all things are impossible.... joking.png

Seriously, I haven't found too much worth taking the chance of being deported wink.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Riyadh

All of Riyadh's guide articles