Menu
Expat.com

How to live when doesn't have purpose?

Last activity 08 January 2014 by Graci2014

HaileyinHongKong

Even if life doesn't have a purpose, it's still pretty easy to live.  Just wake up in the morning and you're halfway there.

jazzy851

No Sign of kadinmaxx then? - It happens often on Expat.com where they post something then you dont hear from them... or is it me? roll.png

Sharai

Go out there and help someone! big_smile.png

HaileyinHongKong
jazzy851 wrote:

No Sign of kadinmaxx then? - It happens often on Expat.com where they post something then you dont hear from them... or is it me? roll.png

That happens all the time.

DWSA
kadinmaxx wrote:

I don't know anything I intend to do in my future sad.png I live that I don't have purpose. I feel I'm useless, I've never done anything well in the first time, always more than 2 times. Life is not only sad but also boring sad.png

To have a purpose in life you need to have a courage to attempt anything.

Everyone makes mistakes, but they get up, pick themselves up and keep going.

-Dewi-

stumpy

Challenge yourself. Learn from your mistakes.
If you get knocked down, pick yourself up and get back into it.

hazem.mac

i wanna live in hurgada. and married from russian girl cuz i want make a project. but currently live in cairo

Katie_Le

I sometime feel bored, but pls understand that life is going on and we all want to be happy, there's no help like our expectation, just keep your spirit up and orient your life:)

HaileyinHongKong
hazem.mac wrote:

i wanna live in hurgada. and married from russian girl cuz i want make a project. but currently live in cairo

What kind of project?  Does it involve robots?

BenjaminVasosky

Actually, life without plans is adventurous. If you can take risks and care less about your future, everything will eventually fall into place. Life will even be more disastrous if your plans don't work out. So, cheer up and move on.

Katie_Le

Sometime it's good to life, right ? Sometime I think so, be brave , take risk , nothing can subtitude experience...

rhspeer

This is an Existential motif thinking people tend to suffer from. You have my sympathies. I am willing to listen and share my experience with you if you like...

mallikarjuna

@ Kadinmaxx
Tolerance is very much needed in life and also trying further for the purpose. I am already experiencing this situation at present.

yahsin

happiness comes when you help needy people

rhspeer

This is very true but doesn't formally address the deeper issue about purpose and meaning in life. Is life just about being happy or making others happy?

aryavrat

Hi Kadinmaxx,

Whether we know or not but everyone has come in this earth with a purpose,so dont think like that,first of all Everyone is Unique,so dont compare yourself with anyone,sit alone in a lonely place and think who you are and what for you came in this world surely your life will have meaning,secondly failure in first time makes you more perfect in knowing how to do as well as how not to do so be happy and enjoy the life.

The Best way to know oneself is live natural means flow like a dry leaf when falls from the tree which way the wind takes it goes,it doesnt resist so no pain. 

Regards,
Anil

Adauto

How are you today?   After so much good advices, are you better? 
The only thing I suggest to you is: Believe in yourself and keep trying, you will discover good things.
But is not a new and original advice, it is only a emphasis.

leeramtan
kadinmaxx wrote:

I don't know anything I intend to do in my future sad.png I live that I don't have purpose. I feel I'm useless, I've never done anything well in the first time, always more than 2 times. Life is not only sad but also boring sad.png

there are people who worry how can they eat or where they will sleep.
there are people who work only to have food on their table, that if they stop working they could not eat.
there are people who could not afford to go to school yet they wanted to study.
there are people who are sick but could not afford to see a doctor.

imagine how life could be sad for them.

bernie berida

you certainly look young...perhaps in your 20's?...i'm not an expert on this...but I have several children, ages 14-28...sometimes finding a real purpose for living takes time and several attempts at doing something significant...and oftentimes we 'stumble' on the purpose when we are given an opportunity to do something that we really love or feel passionate about...and for many people, discovering what they really love is presented to them who work diligently and focused on the tasks on hand instead of wishing they have other things to do...and many people find purpose on simply being helpful to people who are in less fortunate situation, hurting, longing for people who would just listen to them.

I have never prepared in my life to be an educator but because i was focused and became successful in my work in the corporate world, a door opened to me to be a school administrator which I found to be the most fulfilling part of my life, so far.

Graci2014
kadinmaxx wrote:

Oh! Please! Do not say that! Encourage yourself!  top.png
Even that we are having ploblem, the life is aways good!

Perhaps you haven't found something that makes you think that you have done the right thing.

And for your future, when you less wait, you can encounter what you really have to do!
But you can look for things that you can do!

I'm rooting for you  smile.png,
Graci

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles