Residence permit / paper work and documents

My FBI report did NOT initially come with the raised seal.  I emailed the center and was given an overnight address.  They placed the seal on my report and sent it back.  The whole turnaround time was around 4 days.

Can i get the e mail of Mr Jerónimo Finestra Romero ,since i heard he's the most efficient and hassle free lawyer.And can anyone help me out how much do they charge for the entire process?

For the post #1,from your post,you said you get bank letter for $5000 without actually deposit the money for $50 at Banco Vision?

I started my residency application in the first week of December 2011.  I did not use a lawyer or helper, all done on my own.  I did not use any shortcuts, cheats, bribes or anything else that may have been mentioned in the forum.  I had spoken to Migracciones last visit to Paraguay and I was given the sheet with all the requirements, and obtained all the documents and stamps before returning to Paraguay. I deposited the $5000 into the Banco Nacional de Formento just like the assistant at Migracciones told me to do, and did all the medical checks completely free just like the assistant in the Ministry of Health told me to do.
I submitted the application on the 22nd December 2011, and my Admision Permanente card was issued on the 27th August 2012.  I believe it would have been about 2 months quicker but the impeachment of President Lugo threw everything into a spin.  Along with the card was a letter to the bank authorising the withdrawal of my $5000.
If you have 3 weeks to spend in Paraguay, it can be done.  I fumbled around a fair bit, revisiting places time after time until I had the correct number of stamps or signatures.  No-one would give me all the information the first time.  They would look through the documents until they found the first mistake, then stop, and tell me just that mistake, just like a computer  program.  This is where a lawyer or helper will speed up the process, but if you are moving to Paraguay and in no hurry, save the money.
Most important: Get all your documents certified and stamped as required before you come to Paraguay. They are absolutely, 100%, pedantic about this. No buts, none. I had problems with my police check as Australia does not have a Federal Police Force like the FBI.  Our   federal police are different.  I had a check done in the State of Queensland, where I live. They were going to knock me back until I could point out the sentence that said checks had been done throughout Australia, then everyone was happy again.

thanks for sharing Gabtar,

I did noticed documents arrising from a Portuguese speaking country [ probably due to the Brasilian proximity ] did not required to be translated to spanish.
However i never initiated the process, did not fall in love with the place.

Gabtar - you seem to be in the same boat as I.  Did you have an employment contract or anything of that nature?  I contacted Interfisa and they said they wanted one, so I'm exploring other options.

Try "Banco de Fomento". They and Banco Atlas as far as I know are the only ones that opens bank accounts for foreigners with only a passport for obtaining your permanent residence.

Nic'oPY is right. Banco de Formento is the govt bank and if you go to teller 2 of the main branch they will happily take your money with zero problems.  I am a firm believer in the K.I.S.S. principle when dealing with bureaucracy. Migracciones are used to seeing the slip of paper the bank supplies you, and will be happy when you have it.  No need for an employment contract.

Thank you both for your replies.  I regrettably do not have an employment contract (though either of you are welcome to remedy this :P), and in fact had already emailed both BNF and Atlas after poking around this forum.

My one concern is that as a yanqui, most foreign banks would not welcome my business.

FBI report is valid for six months which was clearly state in this forum. Is the birth certificate valid within 6 month after issuing date?

No, because the 6 month period is applied for a safety measure in the sence that a person may have newer records, but your birth information canŽt change.

Jfinestra wrote:

No, because the 6 month period is applied for a safety measure in the sence that a person may have newer records, but your birth information canŽt change.

Thanks for your reply. It is great thread

In case you do not have an employment contract, you can prove solvency with US$ 5.000,oo deposit in a local bank.

In the #1 post said "Finally, you need to go to the closest police station with a local resident and fill a form of temporal residency. The local resident should leave a copy of his/her ID"
I think this might be the requirement called " certificate of life and resident" in migration requirement sheet. What is function of local resident?Does the local resident has to know you for certain time or has to certify you living on certain address? What is the local resident legal responsibility?I think it might be difficult to find this local resident for diy applicant.

I obtained a letter from my hotel stating I was living there.  I went to a nearby police station, and they rang a friend of mine and obtained her details, and issued my certificate. If you don't know anyone then cultivate a friendship with the security guard at your hotel, and then give him 100,000GS ($20) to act as your contact for the police.

Thanks Gabtar. All of your posts almost answered all of my questions.I think the local resident acts like reference or guarantor that he/she certify that applicant is actually living at certain address and can be issued a life and residence certificate.

Dear Mr World Traveler,

I just did my husbands immigration with Alice Neufeld, it took her 90 days to do his immigration and I was glad about it. Im in constant communication with her now, I told her  about your problem and she told me, that you could  contact her at her email where she will respond quickly, to solve all the problems you have with your documents. 

aliceneufeldeitzen@gmail.com

Greetings.

Hello Comevisitparaguay -> To note that this thread is a bit old. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Someone told me i dont need the Interpole and local police certificate for appling for recidence. But i have to show them when i pic up the residence permit.
Does someone know if this is correct?
Thank you

dloreg wrote:

Someone told me i dont need the Interpole and local police certificate for appling for recidence. But i have to show them when i pic up the residence permit.
Does someone know if this is correct?
Thank you

The information you were given is incorrect.   You need both.

Thank you daxbr

After i get my residencia permanente, what do i need ( Paper ) to apply for the Cedula?