WHAT I LIKE ABOUT SAUDIA

Back to the thread. LOL
What I like about KSA. Give me a while and I might think of something. :/
Nope, nothing comes to mind. :( .
Maybe I should get out more. :)

I like Dave's wilted, withered little petunia.

...yep, and you have the luxury of spending time on the Corniche and the Beaches. We spent the first six yars of expat life there and its still the very best.

ya heard dammam is very much less conservative...
drive to dammam from riyadh might be 3 and half hours and to bahrain might be an hour...i m planning to go there ;)

Camping particularly in the mountains.  I am in love with the Qahtan Hills, the beautiful multi colored granite peaks are just gorgeous.

There are some very beautiful mountainous and desert sites in the Sultanate of Oman at Jebel Akhdar (Green Mountains), Thumrait (on theroad to Salalah), and even Rass Al Hadd where we camped out one weekend to watch the turtles come in from the sea to lay thei eggs before the break of dawn.

Simply awesome!

Agree I love Oman.  Musandam fantastic too if you've got 4 or 5 days.

What I like about saudi arabia? For one thing...there are no taxes here...the pay is good! Petrol is dirt cheap and you even get free tissue boxes with every refill (beat that!)

What I hate about saudi??? The kafalat system! and The lack of communication between Saudis and Expats.

The comms issue between locals and expats could be easily tolerated, but the sponsorship system, exit/re-entry, must certainly go.

What I hate about saudi???

This is my thread--no hating allowed!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I just want to get to Saudi so I can find out what I like about it;)

Who knows Alliecat, I may well get there and start my own
'What I hate' thread:lol:

:mad:

For one thing...there are no taxes here

So true!  I got used to that real quick.  Not just the fact that there are no paycheck withholdings, either--it's so nice to buy something at the store and pay exactly the price that has been quoted!

Alliecat wrote:

:mad:

:lol::lol::lol:

I was joking!!!

I have become addicted to MINT! 

Originally I got hooked on fresh mint added to tea but now I find that you can actually brew the mint to make a lovely, golden drink!!!

Just stay away from catnip Alliecat. :lol::lol::lol:

And there are worse things get addicted to. Putting a message on every thread for example. :lol:

hi to all of you (escpically the talkative one ;))
well,   the conclusion is:
being a PART OF FAMILY any where not only in KSA completley diffrent than being ALONE .

u make Riaydh as the hell????
anyway, LIVING FARWAY FROM YOUR HOME IS DIFFICULT,  its not about KSA. every country has its own rules and atmospher.

Hi r-m...Riyadh is not hell! its just the heat ;)