Turkish Embassy Spring Festival and Charity Bazaar

Thanks Aticus. It was not eas to come after we heard the news in the morning. He was buried this morning at 8 in Colombo.

musicman, so sorry for your loss.  36 is young, something you just don't expect.

We kept looking for you--it was very very crowded, I was surprised.  We saw a man who kept circling around and circling around, obviously looking for somebody.  The man looked nothing like your picture .. but it was so obvious the he was looking for somebody that I thought it might be you (well, except for the fact that he looked nothing like you ha!).

awww that was so sweet
there sure will be a next time to meet
i hope Salman can get the Rumnaizan Compound meeting off the ground soon?

I was at Rumnaizan Compound a few months ago and saw somebody eating the BEST looking steak I've seen in Saudia! 

Bet you can guess what I'll be ordering for dinner!! :lol:

Musicman - I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one.  Please accept our sincere condolences.  If there is any that we can do for your family, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Aticus - I hope all was ok with your guys at the site!

We did meet up with Alliecat & Dave (of the Jill&Dave) at the festival.  It was quite nice for our first festival!  But we missed seeing the rest of you!  We did get a chance to purchase a few things for our house...  Maybe there will be another event in the near future where everyone can get together!   InShaAlla  :):)

Nonzie & Saft -  We missed you ladies too!  :(

So sorryto hear of your loss MusicMan..how tragic for his wife to lose one so young.

Guess that is why we live one day at a time and live it fully...
and especially in a place like Riyadh

Boy, am I feeling left out- what with missing the Almighty Girl
Party and now the bazaar..by the time I get there it will be too hot to stay outdoors

To put it bluntly, my visa has been stuffed up and has had to be applied for again, then the Volcano interrupted the flight plan of my sponsor who won't be signing my paperwork before the 26th.

Meanwhile my hubby is withering in his hotel room and won't go anywhere until I get there (cos I'm the life of the party and he is gentle and reserved:))
I won't even make it to Dubai for his visa run (boo :( hoo hoo)

At least Autumn is putting on a spectacular show around my country cottage: may as well enjoy it while it lasts!

musicman wrote:

Thanks Aticus. It was not eas to come after we heard the news in the morning. He was buried this morning at 8 in Colombo.

May God Bless his soul

Thanks guys for all the kind sentiments. He was single, never married for whatever reasons of his own I guess. Leaves behind his ageing father and younger sister in Canada, and an older brother in Colombo. My wife and he are children of two brothers and they were very close during their youth since they were all raised in one big house that belonged to their gradparents.

CAF wrote:

Nonzie & Saft -  We missed you ladies too!  :(

Would've loved to come but hubby's gang decided to have a reunion at an "istiraha". sounds like u guys had fun!

p.s. musicman, sorry to hear about ur loss. hope you're coping well.

...life must go on
the only certain thing in lfe is death