Menu
Expat.com

Urgent Advice Needed on Renting in Rabat, Morocco

Last activity 13 November 2013 by sunsun

FrancophileDavid

I have been living in a hotel in the medina for quite a while now, but I may have the opportunity to move. When I was on the bus from Fnideq to Rabat in late August, I got into a conversation with a woman. She said she could find me a furnished apartment for less than I am paying at the hotel. She finally called me this afternoon and I am meeting with her tomorrow morning. I had told her I preferred a place in Océan or Centre Ville since I know the area and I have a lot of friends in the medina I want to remain in easy contact with. I know nothing about the place she said she has found for me. All I know is that she said it is "une maison". Can anyone tell me what a reasonable amount to pay for a furnished place for one person would be in Rabat?

David

Hi FrancophileDavid,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Your topic has been moved to the Rabat forum for better visibility and interaction.

I suggest you to read the article Accommodation in Rabat, this might help you to get some useful information. smile.png

Thank you,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Joe Chem

Hey Dave,

You find kind of prises, it depends what you exactly want.
Size, quality, location.
I can send you a number of a friend of mine who is owner.
maybe he can help you!

best
Joe

FrancophileDavid

Thank you. I spoke to the woman on Wednesday morning. She was with her sister who has a room for rent in her house in Temara. It will cost me 1500DH a month which is not much of a savings over what I am paying at the hotel in the medina, plus I will have to pay for internet service while I get free WiFi at the hotel. On the bus she had assured me that she could find me a studio in Rabat. I had also told her I wanted to stay in Rabat in the medina or in Océan or Centre Ville. The sister does not speak French, but apparently her six-year-old son does. Yeah, right, I'm going to communicate with the landlady through her six-year-old son. I told her I needed to think about it. I sent her a message this afternoon and thanked her for her help but after much reflection I had decided that I want to remain in Rabat.
If your friend has or knows of a small furnished place in the medina, Océan or Centre Ville in Rabat, I would appreciate it. I am single and only need a small place. According to my current plans I will be renting until February or possibly a little longer, my plans are not set after that.

Joe Chem

Oh okay,

Temara is a bit to far,
but the prices are lower than in Rabat.
Maybe its the best to stay in the Hotel.
If it dont cost you much more than 1500, and ure happy there!

My wifes brother had taken one room (not in centre)
for roundabout 1000 D´s
But it´s not something good i think.
you share kitchen, toilet and of cause you need to trust em.
and no Internet ;D

we have an apartment also,  but a bit to big for an single i guess (in Hay al fath)

If i remember well, my friend has an aparment in Agdal.
I can call him tomorrow and we can see if he is interested.

He speaks of cause french and english aswell (not sure right now)

Maybe there is a way to come together!
best
Joe

FrancophileDavid

Joe Chem,
Thanks for your help but I may have a place to stay soon. I was at a café Saturday night with a friend and a friend of his joined us. The man works at some ministry in the government but I don't remember which one. My friend sent me a message Sunday night that his friend wants to offer me a job teaching which will provide me with a free place to live and some money every month.

sunsun

hello; i read your text above;
im abou a senegalese ;living in the medina just close to the oudeya
can you tell me your budget and how long you will stay so that i can know to find you a good place to live
here is my num 0698543455

Thanks

Articles to help you in your expat project in Rabat

• Accommodation in Rabat
    Accommodation in Rabat

Rabat is known to be a very open city with many green areas and has less economic activity than other major ...

• Accommodation in Morocco
    Accommodation in Morocco

Finding accommodation in Morocco can be challenging if you are new to the country.  However, Moroccan ...

• Accommodation in Fez
    Accommodation in Fez

If you intend to move to Fez, it should not be difficult to find somewhere to live in this historic city, as ...

• Things to do in Rabat
    Things to do in Rabat

Rabat is a wonderful place to live as an expat, as it is a city full of beautiful historic sights, cultural ...

• Working in Rabat
    Working in Rabat

Rabat, the capital city of Morocco, is the administrative centre of the country. Over the past few years, Rabat ...

• Buying property in Marrakech
    Buying property in Marrakech

Marrakech is experiencing a real estate bubble linked to various factors such as the modernization of ...

• Accommodation in Casablanca
    Accommodation in Casablanca

In Casablanca, as anywhere else, everyone chooses the area where they want to live according to their own ...

• Accommodation in Marrakech
    Accommodation in Marrakech

Relocating to Marrakech is going to be an exciting adventure, especially finding a property to rent. ...

All of Rabat's guide articles