CAF wrote:

Shahab - Nice to meet you!  :lol::lol::lol:

he he he...glad u recognized me ;)

Alliecat wrote:

Like you

:mad:

Exactlyyyyyyyyy  :lol::lol::lol:

and yeah musicman i need to know directions too :rolleyes:

yeah, I wanted to ask about the location as well. I think you should PM it to everyone confirmed to attend.

thanks Dave.

Salman

I got my Pm :D

Ahh, one thing I am missing?

What time?

Also i'm going to be taking a taxi there from olaya so if anyone needs a ride I can pick you up on the way past?

oh,so your presence is confirmed Nelson :)?:)

OK, for those who missed the original invite. It's a 3 pm kick off.
See you all then.

Dave

Does that mean we can leave by 6pm in which case I can ask my driver to drop us and pick us up later on since he usually works half a day on Thursdays and will not grumble to extend it by a few hours on special occasions.

Its a bit too long for me to drive since I only confine my road habits to around a 5 km radius around my home and that too only if necessary.

I know the location from google maps and its about 25 km from my place at Exit 7.

Heres the Wikimap for Al Salwa Garden Village
http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=24.951082 … 15&l=0&m=b

Take the right on the Int Airport Road towards Janadhriyah. Pass all three circles and keep left after the third. Make a U turn at the next traffic lights and the compound is on your right. Janadhriyah will be on your left.

Dave, please confirm.

There are 3 roundabouts when you get onto the Janadhriyah road then a left bend, the roundabout after that you go straight over and then bear left under the flyover after a few kilometers.
You will see the compound on the left and make a U turn at the next junction.

Nonz was right - this is getting complicated. :lol::lol::lol:

It's crystal clear on my side. thanks for the PM Dave.
just a question though. are saudi's allowed in your compound?
not that im saudi or anything :P

Salman

Hi Guys & Eagles!  We made it home last night - so good to be here...  BUT, I miss you all.  Have fun at Dave's and enjoy the day.  Take lots of pics!!!  See you all in a month or so...

CAF wrote:

Hi Guys & Eagles!  We made it home last night - so good to be here...  BUT, I miss you all.  Have fun at Dave's and enjoy the day.  Take lots of pics!!!  See you all in a month or so...

Yeah we will....And u also take loads of pics with your family :)and share with us

good to know that CAF...enjoy ur time...
and all nonz, hope u remember wat i said

yeah sure,we will do it,shaby.

CAF,

Great pic!!  And glad you're home (it's a helluva plane ride), safe and sound.  I know you'll enjoy your time but we're gonna miss you, girl!

(btw, I really liked the 'Guys and Eagles' greeting lol)

Disappointed is the title of this and disappointed I am. sorry that CAF and Shahab can't make it. Next time perhaps. But at last I'll meet Musicman. :thanks: I am unworthy :thanks:

D

The proof of the pudding is in the Meeting....

Salman Omrani wrote:

just a question though. are saudi's allowed in your compound?

Salman

Not looking like that!!

Looking forward to meeting the gentle Salman today:)

Alliecat wrote:

CAF,
Great pic!!

It's lovely to 'see' your smiling face CAF..
(not like that naughty Salman)

Looking forward to catching up with you when you return

jillndave wrote:

But at last I'll meet Musicman. :thanks: I am unworthy :thanks:

True, We are but  boys and girls in the forums of life but a wise one walks amongst us :D

Oh God, I better be on my best behaviour this afternoon.....
hup 2, 3, 4 ....

a wise one walks amongst us

Me???  How kind!  You shouldn't have!! ;)

Thats right Musicman, the boss (your wife!) is in attendance!   :lol::lol::lol:

Have lots of fun!

Too many bosses around. You are the only one who is missing...

Many thanks to Dave for a wonderful evening of bowling and BBQ. We had a great time over at Al Salwa Compound notwithstanding the rigors of what security really means.

Nonz will definitely be invited back. :D
Next time she will have more ID than you can shake a stick at. :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for your attendance everyone. You know what I'll be eating for the next few days. A few mins in the micro and the potatoes are fine. :lol::lol::lol:

Kudos to Dave, who went above and beyond (even provided entertainment in the form of his neighbor lol).

Wonderful afternoon/evening--many thanks!

good to know that u guys enjoyed...happy for u all

Nonz will definitely be invited back. big_smile
Next time she will have more ID than you can shake a stick at.

:shy:

Sorryy Daveeeee:rolleyes:

If I minus my stupid,irritating and time consuming blunder of not holding my ID,everything was pretty good and Dave is nothing but an incredible host who entertained us with intensity and a happy face.

Thank u Dave :thanks:

So Glad you all had fun!  I miss you all...  :top: Im having a wonderful time with my kids!

Big lesson for everyone. Always carry your Iqama or Passport woth you wherever you go, even if it is to buy a loaf of bread from the corner store.

:unsure: yeahhh :unsure:

Wow!

I enjoyed the bowling, though looks like I need to undergo hardcore training to stand a chance. :P maybe if next time I get there on time I might play a little more :rolleyes:

Thanks a Million Dave, and everyone else who made it with us. (especially Gebo)

it was a great event.

Salman