January Meet-up!

Hello there,

I'm new (ish), and noticed that there are other new people on here, so I thought, why not meet up?

Is anyone (new or old) interested?

:-)

Hi Indie,

Didn't see this news thread. Once again, I am in :)

Hello IndieDarling,

Thanks for organising this. Having organised a few meetings myself before, I would recommend you publishing the date / time and the place for a meet up. If you do, then people will know their schedule and let you know accordingly whether they can attend or not.

Good luck!

Hello and thanks for the advice!  :)
I'll be returning to Bahrain in early January, so I'll post the info once I arrive. Right now I'm thinking of something mid-to-late January. That way everyone will have enough notice and time to plan.

Thanks again! :)

If its mid to late Jan, pls count me also in.

Hello every one I'm new

so long as its after working hours, count me in then!:)

Hey all,

Count me in.

I would be keen to meet up to as just moved to bahrain. :)

Wow, it's nice to see that so much interest!  :)

Jinion, yes the event will be after working hours.

So,I was wondering what people wanted to do...coffee, dinner, drinks? I was thinking coffee so that everyone could join... Please let me know so that I can better organize our meetup.

I'm not in Bahrain yet, so it is going to be the 2nd of 3rd week of January.

Happy new year!
:)

Would like to be there too.

If I get a vote, I vote for late January, as I don't arrive until the 22nd :)
I look forward to finally moving there after months of reading the forum!

Jbbent wrote:

If I get a vote, I vote for late January, as I don't arrive until the 22nd :)
I look forward to finally moving there after months of reading the forum!

I know this is not the right place, but let me welcome you to Bahrain.  I am sure you will like it here.

It is time a good date and venue gets fixed. I too am waiting for this get together.

Okay, here's the details:

Coffee and Conversation at Cafe Lilou's!
Saturday January 24th
10am-12pm

Cafe Lilou is a French inspired cafe in Adliya (near Coco's). They have a great selection of breakfast, teas, and delicious desserts!

I went there recently with some friends and everyone loved the food, I think it'll be a good place to get to know one another. :-)

Please send me a message to let me know if you are a definite or a maybe. I will book on January 17th, so all you "maybes" will need to let me know by then! :-D In your message please give me your phone number or e-mail address so that I can easily contact all of you in case of any changes or updates.

Sorry @ Jbbent I could only push it until Saturday. I already have plans the following weekend. But if you can't make it this time (jet-lag can be a killer), then hopefully next time!

Looking forward to seeing you there!
:-)

Thanks, Farhaz  :)

No worries, IndieD, I'm just glad it's happening after I get there.  Jet lag or no, I'm sure to be there.

The 24th is a Friday not a Sat. Tony the dogfather is throwing a huge (free) BBQ. He is hoping to raise money by way of donations to help his fantastic cause here in Bahrain.

https://www.facebook.com/Tonythedogfather