Anyone have a spare METRO card i could use??

Need a metro card to use because i am not eligible to apply for one. Hope you can help me, thanks

No need to do that. Just show them your AUS passport at customer service and they'll give you a temp card good for 30 days.

awesome, thanks mate!

Budman1 wrote:

No need to do that. Just show them your AUS passport at customer service and they'll give you a temp card good for 30 days.

Hi,

I feel surprised to know this. After 30 days, this card can't be used? They take it back?

It's a paper card with a exp date on it.

Can we ask this card again after 30 days?

Yes, did it down here in Can Tho for over two years till they gave me a real one...

It only works if you have a foreign passport.

Can Tho metro is very easy. Very crowded. They open for people who don't have card either. I thought they didn't ask for card any longer?

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Can Tho metro is very easy. Very crowded. They open for people who don't have card either. I thought they didn't ask for card any longer?

No, of course you have to have a card to make a purchase. Only the Vietnamese without a card and are not foreign passport holders try and do that, then hold up the check out line while they beg somebody to loan them their card.

Budman1 wrote:
Dejavu.dot wrote:

No, of course you have to have a card to make a purchase. Only the Vietnamese without a card and are not foreign passport holders try and do that, then hold up the check out line while they beg somebody to loan them their card.

So it is really easy.. at least for Vietnamese. I even have heard that people lend Metro card in this area. 2000đ/time.

TP HCM METRO wholesale stores don't need cards unless you need tax receipts.

Just walk in - they don't stop even with cameras, these days.

Go early - 05.00H - and the places aren't too crowded.

They not let in now without it.,and to make it they ask for business lycence.Maybe anyone have spare one?

I shop at Metro. I tried getting a card and they said "foreigners don't need cards" and I've never been asked for one. But when my (Vietnamese) aunt-in-law tried shopping there they stopped her and said she had to have one to go in.

Hmm,they not let me in 3 days ago,send me to the reception,and at the reception they asked for business card to make metro card..This is so stupid,they not let me in in the supermarket to buy some food..

mobako wrote:

Hmm,they not let me in 3 days ago,send me to the reception,and at the reception they asked for business card to make metro card..This is so stupid,they not let me in in the supermarket to buy some food..

You got a passport from your home country? They should issue you a temp card.

Rules changing soon. METRO has been sold

Yeah,i had passport,but they said i need business licence to make metrocard.
PS. All this happening in Da nang.

mobako wrote:

Yeah,i had passport,but they said i need business licence to make metrocard.
PS. All this happening in Da nang.

You can go to big C instead. I just love buying towels from metro.

if it's in Metro Da Nang, I went there with my friend some day ago. We came to the reception, that girl gave us a temporary card with name of someone else but we don't mind. We can use it to buy.

we came there two time and it was the same. Each time she gave cards with different name on this.