Treated/cured but still HCV positive - saudi work visa?

Hi! My husband just accepted a job in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.  He has been treated for Hep C and cured for all intents and purposes, but the antibody will always be in his blood and show in lab results.  His doctor can provide certification that he is fit for work (engineering) and non-contagious attached to the medical form...Does anyone have personal experience with this and whether or not a work visa (and eventually an iqama from what I understand) will be granted? Thanks so much!!

on the medical report I do not see a section to be tested for Hep C but my knowledge of medical terminology is minimal

stephsteph305 wrote:

Hi! My husband just accepted a job in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.  He has been treated for Hep C and cured for all intents and purposes, but the antibody will always be in his blood and show in lab results.  His doctor can provide certification that he is fit for work (engineering) and non-contagious attached to the medical form...Does anyone have personal experience with this and whether or not a work visa (and eventually an iqama from what I understand) will be granted? Thanks so much!!

any update about your case?

Hi,

i am in same condition as you described about your husband, did you receive any answer or did you your husband faced any difficulty in getting Saudi work visa/iqama?

Thank You for your help

@izaheer,

Can you please update regarding your case?

06 months ago i gave medical and it was ok.

Then i went to exit. I gave medical in Pak and it was ok.

After 03 weeks, I just came in KSA on new visa. i gave medical on my arrival, doctor asked me to again give me blood sample as HCV is positive.

He is telling me that he will test it again and if again it is positive, he will send it to MOH and they will decide.

Pl inform about your case.

Hi a similar issue. HCV treated 15 years ago and no more void. But anti-hcv test will be positive since antibodies remain in the body. Will the visa / Iqama will be rejected straightaway? Or Saudi authorities consider RNA/PCR test result showing negative virus or any doctor recommendation?

What happened then?

What is your status?

Current status?

Can anyone reading this provide an update on their situation or know if anyone who is a chronic hep b carrier in KSA and needing to renew their iqama. Any update will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi izaheer, saw your post from a few years ago and was wondering whether you can advise.

I am a hep b carrier (low viral load) and been offered a job in Saudi. Just wondering whether I will be given an iqama when I get to Saudi. Please can you kindly advise.

I will really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Hi, hope everything is fine.

No problem once you will arrive here, only blood type, xray (normal test). They will not screen you for hepa b test.

As long the clinic in your country will give you fit to work clearance.  You can come here.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. God bless you.

Hey, 

I am a medical Doctor.  The doctor in Saudi follow mostly North American practice, I belive the igam will be issued because you are only a carrier and you do not have the active illness therfore you are not a public health threat.   If your candian doctor said there is no cure, the answer will be the same from the doctors in Saudi.   If the Embassy issued your visa this mean you are fit to get into the kSA.  I suggest you   read and follow the link below as I find it very informative..

https://lifeinsaudiarabia.net/rights-of … t_to_Iqama

Hey,
I am a medical doctor and not a legal adviser, but as long as your husband has the report of him completing the treatment, I belive he will get the Igama because he is not a threat to public health.

I suggest you read and follow the information in the link below

https://lifeinsaudiarabia.net/rights-of … t_to_Iqama

All the best

@alfawz10. Thanks for the reassurance and the link. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

Stay safe and stay blessed. 👍

Hi, I'm not an active hep C carrier but my anti HCV is positive which is why I've been declared unfit for a family visa for Saudi Arabia. Need help regarding this. There might be a way since I no longer have the virus in my body. Is there something I can do? My husband lives there and this turns out to be a very big problem for us that we won't be able to live together.

@nsumaiya95

Hello..

Same problem..

Did you get any information?

Hello any update on this one? Did you get an Iqama even if you are anti hcv reacitve but negtive on viral load test? 

If you read the threads, most people did not get Iqama with a positive antibody test.

@XTang

i am just trying to understand how the process goes in Saudi . what test of Hep c they do to determine before going to the next step ( Anti bodies, then PCR) ? and if someone was infected and treated , of course the antibodies will be there for the rest of his life that's a fact

so my question is what the major test they do and are there any additional tests?  appreciate it