Have you moved to costa rica? advice?

My retired husband and I are thinking on relocating to Costa Rica...for many reasons: economics, health care, lifestyle...where to begin...We don't want to be totally isolated because we like to eat out once in a while, but do not want to live in downtown San Jose either...house or condo? House may be to isolating, but I want to have a small garden...Yikes! Anybody out there with similiar dilema?  I am still working...maybe I should send the hubby down to scout around?  But I don't know if I want him wandering around the Countryside alone, either?  Suggestions anyone?  Thanks, Anne

You should definitely come and scout the place. You can choose from a variety of climates and life styles. You can live somewhere luxurious like Escazu or Tamarindo to a more simple lifestlye in San Ramon , Zarcero,or Grecia. Also your husband would probably safer in the country side than in the city.

If your are going to buy anything here(CR) be very cautious and make sure you have a good lawyer!  People love the screw over foreigners here it is like a national past time.  My suggestion would be go to Panama they have passed new laws to make it easier for people in your situation to move there, ie.. residency status, import taxes,  and it is a lot cheaper than CR.  You can always visit Costa Rica!  God luck and Pura Vida
p.s.
you will have a beutiful garden down here