Menu
Expat.com

New members in Abu Dhabi? who are you?

Last activity 26 July 2014 by Shawn02

pils

Looks like you are in a similar boat, like me...

Too much of work and work...and no time to look around..

Would be willing to explore Abu Dhabi, with a willing friend like you...

If interesed, let me know please..

decent sweetie

Hei, thanks Pils. I dont know what you mean to explore AD. Definitely not the hot desert or golf for me. But yeah, we can have coffee!

pils

Oooooppppss....sorry....let's get together for a cup of coffee...its always great to meet and make new friends...

OLUWOLETROY

am new here

Yud

Welcome to the forum Oluwoletroy,

How you doing? So can you present yourself may be!  What do you do in life?

Dollarman

hi im new been here 5 days and looking to make friends etc

Guest34

you are welcome...we can exchange emails if you would like to...

smile.png

IMac

I'm burned out, and I want to go out for a beer... NOW Who?

Dollarman

i just came back from that filapino bar in al marina it was ok but needed more people

IMac

I'm new to Abu dhabi and to Expat... Help please?

Christine

Welcome on Expat-blog IMac! smile.png

Can you tell us a bit more about you? How can we help you?

Precious_Thoughts

Hello everyone. I am new at this site but have lived here or to be more percise my family lived here for 3 decades and yes i am an expat big_smile.png I lived and studied in the West for over 10 years and came back just a little more than 5 years ago, even though i am an Arab and Muslim but i think to this day i still suffer from cultural shock so i understand how some might feel here lol.png My main problem here is difficulty to integrate mentally with most residents (who lived here for very long time)
as if there is a "one size fits all" mentality and you cant dare to break this tabboo unless you are expat of western background (i envy you, lol).

Well enough of ranting tongue.png first of all hello everyone and I hope this forum will acquaint me with what i am looking for roll.pngwink.pngbig_smile.png

IMac

I can't even imagine how hard for you... Do have at least a job? Can you go out?

Yasso44

What a boring days here I wish if I find mature man to share my time here I'm really need European or American mature man can help please?

Precious_Thoughts
IMac wrote:

I can't even imagine how hard for you... Do have at least a job? Can you go out?

Oh yes very very hard. And yes I do have a job, Consultant. I cant imagine my life without exercising my intellectual skills tongue.png Truth is i enjoy my work, but the people i work with are different story. It is not that they are bad, it is as if we belong to different planets. Irony is that I get along with everyone but I dont many close friends and the ones i have are mostly with expats of western background.

Asif Baig

Hi all

I am asif, an accountant by profession working in AD for the last 14 months. I am looking to make friends outside work with whom i can go out for get together, recreation, picnics / coffee , window shopping etc......

regards

asif

jabba

Hi,i am a frenchie,i will come in Abu Dhabi for 27 december to 2 january .I am 33 years old,sailor.I will go to Dubai too.
I post here cause i need to prepare my litte time in Abu Dhabi.
It's the firts time i go there,so i am looking for little things,maybe you can help me to find:
-Airsoft shop
-Possibility to rent a motorbike,a jet ski
-Where can i pass my camel license big_smile.png
-Which place are good to meet people,nightclub...
-Is there any place to take care?
Thankx to all for your answer
P.S:Sorry for my english..

Dollarman

hi been here 2 weeks now and am finally getting used to this heat! from the uk luckily i escaped the snow! am looking forward to meeting more people from other areas of the world.

im living in Abu Dhabi atm ive seen the shopping mall etc but what else is there to do round here. I went to corniche last week was fun but better if with company! big_smile.png

snakyy

Hi Guys. I am new to AD.. been here only a few weeks. I am Canadian but recently moved from UK to AD. Work is fine, but I am looking for making good friends to hang out with. My interests are broad and range from chess to grappling. Could play squash too.., anyways I am open for ideas.. not looking for a romantic encounter.. just good friends... dinner.. people to talk to.... share some ideas and learn from their experiences. If interested give me a shout.

Smitha Gopinath

Hey there,

Could we meet sometime. I am smita moved to Abu Dhabi about 20 days back. I like music, meeting people and discussing common topics of interest. Do give me call when u get free.My number is 050 1059470.

thanks,
smita

Sandman6

Welcome Smita

doniv212000

hey,,about me, tis s my second yr here in UAE, til aug i was residing in DXB n hv shifted to AUH there after,, DXB was cool and i m just getting used to living in AUH,,may b once i hv sum frns here, i would strt likin it more...

Vinod

doniv212000

btw guys,,wats up fr d new year,,cn v plan sumtin,,,do lemme knw...

Sandman6

does anyone here speak in anything other than teenager text language?

ramy2

Hi for every one Im chemical engineer I live in Abu Dhabi

Yud

Welcome to the forum ramy2 smile.png

zolman78

Hi every one Im new in Abu Dhabi and looking for new friends. after work I would like to have some social life. Im looking for people who are broad minded and have good sense of hummer. Hope to hear from you. Thank you for reading the post. My yahoo messenger ID is zolman778@yahoo.com hope to hear from you.

Rosemary Zhu
decent sweetie wrote:

Hei, thanks Pils. I dont know what you mean to explore AD. Definitely not the hot desert or golf for me. But yeah, we can have coffee!

Quite agree with you : P

Rosemary Zhu

Hi,  seems no Chinese post message here yet......nice to meet you here guys!

Lily21

Hi everyone..... i am kanchan, .... architect.... living with my hubby for the past 3 years in Abudhabi ... currently jobless... and bored out of my wits! i am looking for mainly female freinds to hang out with! do some fun activities! chit chat, coffee etc...just to chill out!

Yud

Welcome to Expat.com Lily21 smile.png

marufa
Rosemary Zhu wrote:

Nihaoo Zhu,

how u doin? I'v been China 3 times. I love China I love people there and foood and mostly weather in November!!!!!!!! lol

marufa

anyone have any idea- How to get a VIP category in Expat.com!! ;0

marufa

Happy New Year to expat group members if I dont see you next week. Have a great year ahead and lets hope the world become peaceful for everyone (politically, economically, socially, geographically)... smile big_smile.png

Rosemary Zhu
marufa wrote:
Rosemary Zhu wrote:

Nihaoo Zhu,

how u doin? I'v been China 3 times. I love China I love people there and foood and mostly weather in November!!!!!!!! lol

Nihao Marufa, I am very happy to hear about that! You are welcome to go to China with me next time~~ : )

marufa

Thank you Zhu

I will go again if I can to Beijing. but I cant leave my hubby who is obsessed about Chinese culture(he speaks Chinese, taught English there for 4 years)the world cant deny China in any case! U know what I  mean! hahaha

Rosemary Zhu wrote:
marufa wrote:
Rosemary Zhu wrote:

Nihaoo Zhu,

Nihao Marufa, I am very happy to hear about that! You are welcome to go to China with me next time~~ : )

Yud

Wish you all a very happy new year 2011 wink.png

marufa wrote:

anyone have any idea- How to get a VIP category in Expat.com!!

In order to obtain the title of ViP you shall have at least 1000 relevant posts! So, keep on blogging on expat.com wink.png

Sandman6

thanks.gif

marufa

Yallah ..ok.thanks..it will take years I guess. may be it is just '1000 post' instead of 'relevant 1000 post. how to define if the posts are relevant or not..

Yud wrote:

Wish you all a very happy new year 2011 wink.png

marufa wrote:

anyone have any idea- How to get a VIP category in Expat.com!!

In order to obtain the title of ViP you shall have at least 1000 relevant posts! So, keep on blogging on expat.com wink.png

ya ahlein

hey everyone, i'm new to uae, less than a month, i'm in abu dhabi, somewhere in khalifa city where my car navigator takes me when i press go home icon:)
i'd like to know more about people here, who share with me my interests, and who don't smile.png
i'm alone
just alone
completely alone
more alone than loneliness
yeah
alone
alon
alo
al
a
p.s. i think you can tell how bored i am, can't you???? hmm.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Abu Dhabi

• Accommodation in Abu Dhabi
    Accommodation in Abu Dhabi

Accommodation is your next step after securing a visa to fully settle into your new life as an expat in Abu Dhabi. ...

• Working in Abu Dhabi
    Working in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi has joined its neighbor emirate of Dubai in being a hotspot for tourists and expats moving for work ...

• Buying property in Abu Dhabi
    Buying property in Abu Dhabi

The United Arab Emirates has 9.06 million expats, and most of them spend about 30 to 50 years in the country ...

• Discovering Abu Dhabi
    Discovering Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is a popular destination among those who want to live and work ...

• Study in Abu Dhabi
    Study in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is not only an excellent place to live and work, but it also offers world-class education. There are ...

• How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi
    How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi

Expats in Abu Dhabi can establish a social network through various ways, such as joining expat groups online and ...

• The work culture in Abu Dhabi
    The work culture in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is an international city, and in most workplaces, you will interact and work with people of different ...

• Getting around Abu Dhabi
    Getting around Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is a relatively small city compared to Dubai and getting around is very convenient and easy. If you want ...

All of Abu Dhabi's guide articles