Menu
Expat.com

New members in Abu Dhabi? who are you?

Last activity 26 July 2014 by Shawn02

pabbm
aqib00 wrote:

Hi Every one. How are you all. I am Frm Pakistan Recently came here in UAE working in Ramada Hotel Ajman. Looking for some New Friends Here, Really nice to join that Forum.

Welcome to the UAE.

Chasingcarz
jo2205 wrote:

Hi, I'm Jo, from England, and I'm coming to AD for two years in a few days time. I've been living abroad and teaching English for 7 years now in Japan, Libya and Qatar.

I'm looking to make a diverse group of friends to help me explore Abu Dhabi and beyond and am hoping this is a good place to start!

I love the sound of the cinema meetups and hope I can join you.

I also really like theatre, live music (rock, jazz, orchestras...), live comedy, restaurants, chatting, bbq's....

Hoping to meet people from here soon!

Welcome & Good Luck with everything smile.png

aqib00

Thanks Boss... When will be the next meet up ?

hamad84

I lived in Abu dhabi 1 years ago.
My name is Hamad. I am 28 years old.
I speak English and Arabic

regards

travis_bernard

[Moderated: off-topic]

Shawn02

I know this is off topic but I am looking for info so if you can help me then send me a private message

Global Aerospace Logistics does anyone know anything about them (good or bad)

fist

BONJOUR,a tout les monde,i want to go dubai,can somme body tell me about dubai,how iget visa and what is requirment,thans all

Sandman6

French nationals get a visa on arrival, valid 30 days and is renewable

popguy

I like salsa too and I try to learn it so u might help me in that

alucia wrote:

I am not super new to the UAE but I am back again- and new to this forum.  I am working training teachers at local high schools.  I like to run, salsa, and travel.  I am interested in maintaining a healthy and positive life style.  I really want to connect with some of the American in Abu Dhabi this year.  In years past I haven't or haven't been able to find them- and sometimes I just want to talk to someone who can relate.... so if you are an  American in Abu Dhabi and you want to make a new friend- let me know!

popguy

I'm David I work as an area manager for bus manufacturer I just moved to Dubai from a month\
I would appreciate to know new people here

Dsky

Hi  I just move to Abu Dhabi, anyone can recommend activities, I have lot of time cool.png  by the way I am 27 Years Woman.  Thanks!

Redacccio

ur welcom  my dear any time am chef de cuisine in abu dhabi u r welcom

pabbm
Dsky wrote:

Hi  I just move to Abu Dhabi, anyone can recommend activities, I have lot of time cool.png  by the way I am 27 Years Woman.  Thanks!

Hi Dsky,

Welcome to Abu Dhabi. Just wanted to let you know that I run an Expat.com Meet-up group, and we meet up every week for some dinner, a movie, some bowling or other activities. Its a brilliant opportunity to meet new people, especially if your new yourself. So if you're interested please get in touch.

Regards,

Mohit

mahalacoste
Redacccio wrote:

ur welcom  my dear any time am chef de cuisine in abu dhabi u r welcom

Hey, How are you !!! Long time smile.png

pabbm

If any of you, men and women, are thinking the same as me that you might have put on a few extra pounds since moving to the Middle East, then why not come and join us once a week for an hour to play some casual football. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last played, or if you think your not good enough, I can barely run anymore, so no excuses lol.

If your interested then please get in touch, everyone is welcome.

Regards,

Mohit

yvesiniego

hey Pabbm..can the girls also play football wid the guys? No biggie for me..i played back home in my country.where is the location BTW. Thanks!

Fashionista

Like most expats took up a job in Abu d. Interested in photography. Preferably people who use a Nikon. I have a few strobes and some studio equipment . Would love to use it.  Need to meet people with common interest ?

pabbm
yvesiniego wrote:

hey Pabbm..can the girls also play football wid the guys? No biggie for me..i played back home in my country.where is the location BTW. Thanks!

Will be playing outdoor at the Dome, Rawdhat, which if you don't already know is just off the Old Airport Road after you have gone past the big Carrefour.

Well I have played at this place a few times now, and have seen women playing mixed football, so its fine.

If you would like to play then please confirm by sending me your contact details.

Regards,

Mohit

Redacccio

hi, i am Nina i want friends from AD

Wirefan

Hi, my wife and I are due to arrive in early January - I am taking up an advisory teachers role, while she will be a "lady who lunches"  We are looking forward to using this site to help us find our feet - no doubt it will be interestingly different from our present jobs in Cyprus.

pabbm
Wirefan wrote:

Hi, my wife and I are due to arrive in early January - I am taking up an advisory teachers role, while she will be a "lady who lunches"  We are looking forward to using this site to help us find our feet - no doubt it will be interestingly different from our present jobs in Cyprus.

Dear Wirefan,

First of all welcome to the UAE, you're going to love it out here, and you're coming out at a great time when the weather is really nice. I'm also from the UK, and I've been out here since May, and I'm not looking to cut my trip short any time soon.

I run a meetup group, which allows everyone to mix with one another, and its actually become a great icebreaker to meet new people, so you and your wife are most welcome to join us once you've arrived. We also have a couple of teachers in our group, so could introduce you to them.

Anyway I wish you a Merry Xmas, and Happy New Year (in advance), and hopefully see you in Jan.

Regards,

Mohit

Wirefan

Thanks for that !! Much appreciated - We will get in touch in January - really looking forward to it all.

Ted&Mandy

Ree

Will be making the big move in January 2012 - work in higher education. Really excited by what next year will bring, but slightly daunted as I am moving to Abu Dhabi on my own & do not know anyone else ( yet she writes hopefully!) Interests  - music!! travel , reading, dancing & shopping! Looking for advice from those that have been were I am & have lived to tell the tale - are there meet up groups, good ways to get to know expats? I've visions of working non stop & not having anyone to share this amazing city with! All comments truly gratefully received

Redacccio

your welcom

mahalacoste
Ree wrote:

Will be making the big move in January 2012 - work in higher education. Really excited by what next year will bring, but slightly daunted as I am moving to Abu Dhabi on my own & do not know anyone else ( yet she writes hopefully!) Interests  - music!! travel , reading, dancing & shopping! Looking for advice from those that have been were I am & have lived to tell the tale - are there meet up groups, good ways to get to know expats? I've visions of working non stop & not having anyone to share this amazing city with! All comments truly gratefully received

Hi,
Check meetup.com and internations.org.
I arrived to Abu Dhabi in Aug, 2011 and these 2 sites helped me a lot in meeting new people.

Good luck and welcome in advance.

Vieji

Hi,

I teach yoga and meditation and Iam here in uae for past 25yrs and in abudhabi its been 12yrs now.I love it here.

Its great to keep in touch with you all.

Love n Light
Viji

faridou

hello evry one here
i want make friends soon i be in dubai
happy new year for all

ptera09

Hello to everybody! smile.png
I've come to Abu Dhabi almost 3 months ago. I'm from Russia, I'm working here at the hotel.
I'm rather easy-going guy, I like to explore new places all the time and meet new people everywhere.

Always feel free to contact with me! smile.png

amateurchef

i guess this is the routine so I will introduce myself !

Banker by profession - chef and photographer by choice.
gotta earn the stuff to follow your interests right ?

Abu Dhabi is new  - less cosmo than Dubai but am sure there are plenty of us with common interests to make it very interesting ? right ?

Traveling is a hobby but fortunately the job entails a lot of it - meeting different people (mostly bankers - and yes they can be fun :-).

would love to meet folks with joie the vivre.

louisectj

Hello,

My name is louise.  I've just moved here 2 months ago with my other half.  He's in finance, i'm in fashion (though not currently working). 

We're quite adventurous, love the outdoors (miss the Scottish mountains) love travelling and my camera comes with me everywhere!  We both love food & entertaining and can't wait to meet some great people to hopefully dine and bbq with smile.png

Both in the twilight of our twenties.  I love all things fashion/interior/arts related & am currently mulling over where to start with our grand new villa!  He loves golf, (most sports), outdoors, photography & a good read.  We're both quite spontaneous and will try most things once!

We don't have kids, but we're considering a few pooches in the near future smile.png

Love making the most of our weekends and can't wait to meet some great people.

Come and say hi!

dubaifox

hi every body
hmm.png

rbk198329

hello, new here in our site but abu dhabi is my second home since then. i'm into photography, video games, drawings and some others stuff. i would like to meet and get aquainted with new people. your friendly neighbor, Rod..

singledaily

Hey people,

I've been in the UAE for 9 months... looking for people who live in Abu Dhabi and would want to catch up.....

PS.... I love the corniche....

Redacccio

Hi all... any plan or any meet up this week

amateurchef

serves me right for not visiting the blog ! I am in town today and late for dinner by 3 hours !
maybe next time - can we plan something a few week days in advance ?

hope you had a great dinner. cheers

Saeed007

Hello all,,,New in Abu Dhabi and wish to find new and nice friends...Inbox me for any issues...Thanks

sivart6

Hello everybody,

I'm going to be moving over to Abu Dhabi in March 2012 to start a new job!

Excited to explore the place and meet some new people. I'll probably be living out near Khalifa A/Yas Island area if anyone is around there!

Interests... food (consuming and cooking!), music, technology, travel, badminton...

Looking forward to meeting some of you in real life. I'll be lurking around this forum before and during the move I'm sure!

Sivart6

mahalacoste
sivart6 wrote:

Hello everybody,

I'm going to be moving over to Abu Dhabi in March 2012 to start a new job!

Excited to explore the place and meet some new people. I'll probably be living out near Khalifa A/Yas Island area if anyone is around there!

Interests... food (consuming and cooking!), music, technology, travel, badminton...

Looking forward to meeting some of you in real life. I'll be lurking around this forum before and during the move I'm sure!

Sivart6

Hey and welcome in advance.
I liked the cooking part of the food interest wink.png

sunny46647753

Hi,
Am new to Abu Dhabi (UAE) and working as HR Executive. Feeling so alone and looking for nice friends to roam around. Sunny

aliisafriend

I m Ali born in USA...CPA..working in Ministry  in Abu Dhabi Govt

i m simple decent guy

Articles to help you in your expat project in Abu Dhabi

• Accommodation in Abu Dhabi
    Accommodation in Abu Dhabi

Accommodation is your next step after securing a visa to fully settle into your new life as an expat in Abu Dhabi. ...

• Working in Abu Dhabi
    Working in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi has joined its neighbor emirate of Dubai in being a hotspot for tourists and expats moving for work ...

• Buying property in Abu Dhabi
    Buying property in Abu Dhabi

The United Arab Emirates has 9.06 million expats, and most of them spend about 30 to 50 years in the country ...

• Discovering Abu Dhabi
    Discovering Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is a popular destination among those who want to live and work ...

• Study in Abu Dhabi
    Study in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is not only an excellent place to live and work, but it also offers world-class education. There are ...

• How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi
    How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi

Expats in Abu Dhabi can establish a social network through various ways, such as joining expat groups online and ...

• The work culture in Abu Dhabi
    The work culture in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is an international city, and in most workplaces, you will interact and work with people of different ...

• Getting around Abu Dhabi
    Getting around Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is a relatively small city compared to Dubai and getting around is very convenient and easy. If you want ...

All of Abu Dhabi's guide articles