DRIVER LICENSE Query

Dear All,

We have a contractor currently on Business visa for 3 months.
He has in international driver license which he is currently using.
By September his Business Visa will expire and will go out of KSA.
We will apply again for 3 months Business Visa, can he still use his Canadian driver license when he is back to KSA?

Appreciate your help and assistance.

Thanks.

I'm a Canadian, who just got my Saudi driver's license.  If your contractor has an international license like mine, issued by the CAA, it says inside that it's good for a year, and he should be okay with that.  That being said, I believe under Saudi law he needs to change it to a Saudi license after 3 months, and if he wants to rent a car he'll need a Saudi license which is good through the GCC.

The first step is to download the application form from the Ministry of Interior website.  https://www.moi.gov.sa/wps/portal/Home/ … wSTUxR0ky/

Take that to the traffic police office in the Industrial Support Area, near Jubail Industrial College (check google maps search to find it.)  There they will stamp it with your contractors passport photo stapled at the top left.  He'll need at least 3 passport photos.  i think this was about 75 riyal.

Take this to the hospital and get a medical check, mostly involving checking blood type and vision.

Have his drivers license and info on the form translated, and the form filled out.  I recommend Al-Bayan Translation Office in downtown Jubail, 61 Jeddah street, across the street from Saudi Airlines on the corner.  They only charged me 45 Riyal.

You then need to go to a different Traffic police building, in downtown Jubail.  It's not well marked, but it's down the street from the corner of the Al-Bayan office, perpendicular to Jeddah Street, on the right.  There is an ATM for Al-Rajhi bank in front of it, with a large fenced in impound lot behind.  The office is only open 9-4, I think.

You or he will need to pay 80 riyal through the al sadat banking system beforehand, and bring in the receipt.  They seem to favour the application put into a green hanging folder, with all the material stapled inside.

I had an absolute nightmare getting all of this done, but it can be done!  Good luck (wish I'd had this guide :)

Thank you so much for your prompt response.
Unfortunately he doesnt have iqama as we only bring him on Business visa which end by September 2nd week.
He is already working in Jubail starting June.
He will leave again KSA as his Business visa is only 3 months.

Not sure if he can still use his canadian license when he is back for another 3 months business visa.