12000AED for 6 years experience in IT enough for family of 4?

Dear Bloggers,

I have got a job offer from one of a manufacturing company in Sharjah. The company is in Industrial Area 13. I am into IT domain. I have 6 years of experience and they are offering me 12000 AED per month excluding accommodation. I am a non vegetarian and I neither drink nor smoke.
I want to move to Sharjah with 4 people (myself + wife + parents). Kindly guide me on cost of living that includes following:

1. Accommodation (1 BHK)
2. Water + Electricity Bills
3. Phone Connection
4. Internet Connection
5. Local Travelling
6. Food/Grocery

Also let me know in case I plan to move with wife and parents visit every 2 months or quarterly.
Thanks in advance.

There is a salary threshold to sponsor your parents and that is 20K. With the above mentioned salary, you can sponsor your wife and children. But you may have to struggle since it's in the lower side for a family. Stay single for 2 or 3 months and get used to the expenses. You can think about bringing your family only if you think you can afford.  I don't think anyone can give you an advice regarding the cost of living since it is purely depends on your life style and it is different from nationalities to nationalities and income to income.

Dear Sir

I am living in sharjah since the year 2000 with family . Expenditure varies from person to another ; The items you mentioned vary from person to person depending on many factors .On average you need :

Accommodation 1BHK                   AED 25,000/- Per annum
Water and Electricity                      AED      400/- Per month
Phone and internet connect.          AED      400/- Per month
Local Travel                                   AED       500/- Per month   { You can live near your work }
Food/Grocery                                AED     2,500/- Per month

Still there are hidden expenses     AED      1,000/- Per month

For  sure its not enough cost of living is very high in the UAE and with IT experiece you csn earn much more in Saudi

Dear shanafashyaana,

Thanks a lot for the help. I will consider the points advised by you before taking any decision. Thanks a ton once again.

Regards.

Dear Jackairo

Thanks a lot for the help. I will consider the points advised by you before taking any decision. Thanks a ton once again.

Regards.

movetouae wrote:

Dear shanafashyaana,

Regards.

You are welcome and best of luck :)

depends on how u live