Schengen Visa Help???

Hi I actually want to visit the Netherlands to go visit a friend of mine who I'm romantically involved. I have all the documents required for the visit to the Netherlands, but unfortunately I don't have proof of employment nor am I a student.... I have a South African Passport and I live in Cape Town... I was wondering if there's any possible way around this. Are they really that strict to decline me over such a small thing, am I really never going to be able to visit the netherlands :/

Please help this is really worrying -_-

thanks
harry.

Hi  there you need  sponsorship letter from your friend Netherlands

Even with a Letter of Invitation, if you can't clearly show sufficient funds to support yourself during your entire visit, and if you can't show substantial ties to your home country, such as stable employment, ongoing schooling, family ties, etc., that would indicate your intention to return home after a visit, it is highly unlikely you would be granted a visa in the first place.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

I entered Netherland with my schengen visa for 90 days

Hi James

I have all the other documents needed, incl. an affidavit from my mom and enough money in my bank account for the trip. I also have two sponsors willing to be backup payments. The only problem for me is the proof of employment.

Thanks
Harry

Well, that may be enough to get the visa denied. Work history is one of the key factors. They may have strong supspicions you're coming with the intention to find work and stay. You should expect that.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Hi harry,
If you are still a student, you have to ask a letter to your school that state you as a student of the school and you will not seek any job in the Netherlands and you will come back to your country.
I hope it helps.

Groetjes,
Ika

Hi James,

I dont know if you are still active on this forum or if you can help me but i figured to give it a shot.
My name is Maikel, im from Holland and currently trying to get married in Brazil, however we reached a small problem which is my visa.
As a european im only allowed 90days per 180 days to stay here as a tourist.
I was here for 20 days in Januari this year and i came back here again on the 5th of April.
Because i had already spend 20 days in Brazil i can only stay for 70 days now, which means i have to leave the country in 2 days for a period of 2 weeks because my new 'credit' of 90 days will start again from the 1st of July.
You seem to know alot about visa's from what i read so my question is this.

What if i choose to overstay my visa for lets say 12 days.. so that would be till the 27th of June, and then book a small trip to Argentina or any other country surrounding Brazil and fly back on the 2nd of July, then ofcourse i would have to pay the fine for the 12 days overstay at the airport and most likely will get a stamp in my passport, but will this give me any problem returning to Sao Paulo on the 2nd of June?

I tried contacting the immigration and the federal police but they are either unreachable or unwilling to talk.
Im with my hands tied right now, i really dont know what to do.
Financially it would be a to big of a blow to fly back to Holland on such short notice, also it wouldnt make alot of sense since i just need to leave the country for 15 days.

I really hope you get this message, and that maybe you have the answer.
For now i would at least like to thank you for your time reading my message and hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards,

Maikel

Unfortunately James is no longer among us  :sosad:

Why don't you posted on the Brazilian forum instead of the Netherlands?
I'll bet you get better answers or guidance than here.

Oh gosh im so sorry.. :/
Ill post it there..

Sorry once again!!

No worries.

But just a warning if you are waiting on his reply, it will never happen.

Dutchmike wrote:

Hi James,

I dont know if you are still active on this forum or if you can help me but i figured to give it a shot.
My name is Maikel, im from Holland and currently trying to get married in Brazil, however we reached a small problem which is my visa.
As a european im only allowed 90days per 180 days to stay here as a tourist.
I was here for 20 days in Januari this year and i came back here again on the 5th of April.
Because i had already spend 20 days in Brazil i can only stay for 70 days now, which means i have to leave the country in 2 days for a period of 2 weeks because my new 'credit' of 90 days will start again from the 1st of July.
You seem to know alot about visa's from what i read so my question is this.

What if i choose to overstay my visa for lets say 12 days.. so that would be till the 27th of June, and then book a small trip to Argentina or any other country surrounding Brazil and fly back on the 2nd of July, then ofcourse i would have to pay the fine for the 12 days overstay at the airport and most likely will get a stamp in my passport, but will this give me any problem returning to Sao Paulo on the 2nd of June?

Yes, you have a problem with it.
The rules are the same for a Brazilian on the Schengen area. We have 3 months of VISA for each six months.

Dutchmike wrote:

I tried contacting the immigration and the federal police but they are either unreachable or unwilling to talk.

Welcome to the jungle my friend!
You cannot try to contact them. It's impossible. You need to go there.

Dutchmike wrote:

Im with my hands tied right now, i really dont know what to do.
Financially it would be a to big of a blow to fly back to Holland on such short notice, also it wouldnt make alot of sense since i just need to leave the country for 15 days.

Again, it's wrong. Follow me:

You arrive in Brazil on July, 01. You have a VISA for 3 months days. So, you need to leave until October, 01 (more or less).

BUT..... You have an option!

How you fall in love for a wonderful Brazilian girl, you can go to the Federal Police and ask for an extension for your visa, declaring that you're in process to marriage and you need more time there. If you're a good person (are you?  :D ) and can proof that you have funds to be there, they give it easily.

One tip: carry your bride together. The Brazilians have some tricks to ask things on public dapartments that only a Brazilian knows.

Dutchmike wrote:

I really hope you get this message, and that maybe you have the answer.
For now i would at least like to thank you for your time reading my message and hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards,

Maikel

Good luck and celebrate the marriage with a lot of caipirinha  ;)

@James hello

Could you help me get any types of available visa to Brazil?

Thanks

Hello everyone!

i am not sure what i will hear back for this post but I am going to give it a try.

Is there anyone here that can truly help get Brazil tamporarry work visa?

Thanks

@Raufgul222  James unfortunately died several years ago but if you post on the Brazil site you may be able to get some answers.