Absolutely Anything Else

@fluffy2560 i was about to type the same

Or push him in the Danube to make his own  way back.
- @fluffy2560

Empty containers don't drown...
Ahh it was about Migration (sorry its in German) https://www.derstandard.at/story/200013 … ngetroffen

- @fluffy2560

- @Bian_ca6661

Could always fill with dirty water and sink to the bottom.

@SimCityAT VO really needs new tailor for his suits, the one he's wearing in the picture must be bursting at the seams

- @fluffy2560

- @Bian_ca6661

Could always fill with dirty water and sink to the bottom.
- @fluffy2560

His personality should be dirty enough...
From the article:
- It should be simply understood that the aversion to immigrants is "not due to biological but to cultural issues." So he is not a racist from home, but he just doesn't like the way certain people live, he argued.-

I'm sorry, but....WHAT??

@fluffy2560 but I guess they'd have to be "russian" balloons cause obviously anything produced in "dirty West" is not good for this sort of "leaders" (dare I say to call them that!)

- @Bian_ca6661
I'm not sure I'd trust a Russian balloon to do anything, let alone fly dangerous cargo over populated areas.

In other Russian aeronautical news, the Russians have pulled out of the ISS (space station).  I wonder if they'll be taking their modules with them.   

I think maybe it won't come to pass because by 2024, Russia will be humiliated by their failures in Ukraine, Putin might be in hell and possibly the country will have broken up. 

I saw the Chinese are conducting military exercises on the Russian border.   If Putin falls, they might step in now they know how well it's going. I doubt Russia has the ability to fight two wars at once.   US could possibly  fight on two fronts - say Europe and Asia (Korea/Taiwan) - but only country able to do it.
From the article:
- It should be simply understood that the aversion to immigrants is "not due to biological but to cultural issues." So he is not a racist from home, but he just doesn't like the way certain people live, he argued.-

I'm sorry, but....WHAT??
- @Bian_ca6661

Yes, I'd expand that to WTF?

We have to ask what makes him the arbiter of what lifestyle is correct or not?

He could always leave the country!  He might have to do that at the end.  The main rumour I hear is that he will flee to Dubai where all the money is stashed.   

@fluffy2560 I'm not even sure how I feel about Chinese military anywhere... guess it doesn't make me any less nauseous than Russians in UA

From the article:

I'm sorry, but....WHAT??
- @Bian_ca6661

Yes, I'd expand that to WTF?

We have to ask what makes him the arbiter of what lifestyle is correct or not?

- @fluffy2560

Who does this remind me of... 1f914.svg

@SimCityAT VO really needs new tailor for his suits, the one he's wearing in the picture must be bursting at the seams

- @Bian_ca6661

Maybe he's got a bulletproof vest on. 

But he does look like he's a bit keen on pies, cakes, booze and chocolate. 

He needs to lose at least 20kg if he wants to make it to older age.

By looking at him, I expect he's got high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes and dodgy cholesterol by now.

Just a matter of time.

@fluffy2560 I'm not even sure how I feel about Chinese military anywhere... guess it doesn't make me any less nauseous than Russians in UA

- @Bian_ca6661

Where I live there are many Chinese people - no idea if they are PLA infiltrators or not.   

Chinese are masters of playing the long game.

@fluffy2560 especially the booze assuming by his "revolting" speeches recently. He definitely doesn't look as healthy man... nor does he act like one

@fluffy2560 especially the booze assuming by his "revolting" speeches recently. He definitely doesn't look as healthy man... nor does he act like one

- @Bian_ca6661

He might be angry.    It could be a sign of early onset dementia or could be just frustration.  As he's approaching 60, he's probably realised he's only mortal and time is limited.  He's reached a kind of nadir where he's become more or less irrelevant in a changed world.  His speech is a broken record - no disguising what he really has been thinking all this time.   It could be he's aspiring to be head of the reconstituted Soviet Union.   Yeah, that'll work.

Anyways, his more visible groomed peers are younger - Kovács is the oldest.  They are likely to inherit the job but neither has the "charisma" (however typically poisonous) to carry  it off.   If OV thinks his legacy will be Fidesz forever (he gave a speech where he said that), he needs to think about succession planning right now.  I'd prefer he didn't think about anything and to leave everything undecided.  Then there's a chance of change.

@fluffy2560 i somehow hope he considers himself immortal and doesn't plan for anything 1f612.svg

@fluffy2560 i somehow hope he considers himself immortal and doesn't plan for anything 1f612.svg

- @Bian_ca6661

He might consider himself immortal but as Kim Jong-Il (aka Kim Jong-"I told you I was-ill") proved, that doesn't work. 

OV will not be able to make excuses for the falling Forint, lack of gas, debt and economic decline.   The great plan has fallen apart in a few months.  There's no answer to the state of affairs, no-one to blame except Putler but to admit this was wrong would be to admit OV made a mistake.  Well, no-one to blame except himself for betting on the wrong horse (as HU has done time and again).

@fluffy2560 I'm afraid these people never admit their wrongdoings, they rather take their own country through the mud, and sad part is that there will always be people supporting them for some mysterious reason.

@fluffy2560 I'm afraid these people never admit their wrongdoings, they rather take their own country through the mud, and sad part is that there will always be people supporting them for some mysterious reason.

- @Bian_ca6661

Yes, I'm afraid there are others willing to get involved.   The problem is of course, buying into the BS because you are then part of a conspiracy.  OV and Co and particularly the clique/cabal around Mezaros (the plumber) have  too much wealth to explain.  If OV loses power, they will more than likely be investigated.  So OV has to cling on for himself and the others involved.   Or face loss of wealth and potentially jail.

Putin is somewhat different.  He's a guy people fear. I do find it surprising that Russians support his weird nationalistic ideas and even more strange, his ego.  They are even more than willing to die for it on the fields of Ukraine.  But I guess if you brainwash people enough, they'll believe anything.

There's a news article floating around how a Russian family lost their son in Ukraine. But everything is OK because Putin gave  them a Lada car as compensation. The father shows the car proudly.  So it was obviously worth it. Just a strange way of thinking.
Coffin money.. how bizzare.
I'm so overtired like most everyone with this war thing.
Nazi's still around from WW11? If any are still kicking it they are in old folks homes by now and 2 feet in their graves.
As far as I know Russian and Ukrainians are very closely related peoples.'This is the 21st. century and it's hard to belive anyone can still play war.
My cousin sent me the name of a couple of documentaries about the Ruysn genocide post WW11 in Poland.
Maybe we Rus should demand aid from the west to get back what was lost... Just kidding , just like the native Americans there comes a time to move on.
( The documentaries are,"The Resurrection of a Nation"  and  "Even Tears Were Not Enough")
Ruysns were lumped in with Ukrainians with Poland wanting to teach them a lesson and called the Ryusn's Nazi's from WW11. All not true , they just wanted to break up their culture by removing them from their lands.
If everyone fought over lst lands we all would be at each other's throats.
It's getting to be a dull subject, time people learned to get along before it's too late.
My father was born in Ruysn lands in 1921 before they were forced to move.
Many people moved back after 1956 and rebulit.
Out of over 50,000 people removed only around 10,000 returned.
They just got on with their new lives and never looked back.
I used to ask my father where he was born and all he would say is, over there in the old country.

@Marilyn Tassy my grandfather fought in National Uprising. Gotten badly injured in the knee by shrapnel. My mom was born shortly after WW2, but her older siblings got 1st hand stories to tell. Stories which are never taught in history classes. There were not much emotions in the storytelling, simply stated as matter of fact, no hard feelings for soldiers on both sides. I guess that people were somehow hardened by life back then, they'd taken the circumstances as they were and never analyzed why, when, where or who... and just carried on with their lives. So I kinda hope for my and younger generations to just put a lid on the past sins and injustice, stop dwelling on what can't be changed and focus on more peaceful times. Then these hate-spreading a*holes won't have change to take a lead in any country. But I'm just pathetic idealist, I'm aware of that

@fluffy2560 the brainwashing is sickening. Son's life for car, uhm, I got it, yeah.... I can't be even mad at those people, it'd be as being mad at blind person

@fluffy2560 the brainwashing is sickening. Son's life for car, uhm, I got it, yeah.... I can't be even mad at those people, it'd be as being mad at blind person

- @Bian_ca6661

Oh I can be mad.  They are just dumb people sold a lie.  Even they seem like they can hardly believe what they are saying - prompted to spout rubbish. In fact, I was thinking they might be actors!  But then again perhaps there's no rational explanation except brainwashing.  A lot of this is paralleled in HU media controls/messaging under OV. 

Mrs F is struggling to be tolerant of older relatives who are disconnected from reality - either dementia, brain injury/stroke or just living in another reality.

My Dad at 98 is perfectly competent mentally.  On the other hand, my MIL is mid-70s and has varying grasps on reality which change according to the weather.  We're trying to determine how to approach or understand the MIL's odd thinking but actually I'm thinking now, why bother?  There's no diagnosis, analysis of why or any rational explanation.   Nothing fits.

Thing to do is to have no stress - so if MIL says something ludicrous, we just agree as she'll forget she said it in an hour.
Coffin money.. how bizarre.
I'm so overtired like most everyone with this war thing.
Nazi's still around from WW11? If any are still kicking it they are in old folks homes by now and 2 feet in their graves.
As far as I know Russian and Ukrainians are very closely related peoples.'This is the 21st. century and it's hard to believe anyone can still play war.
My cousin sent me the name of a couple of documentaries about the Ruysn genocide post WW11 in Poland.
Maybe we Rus should demand aid from the west to get back what was lost... Just kidding , just like the native Americans there comes a time to move on.
( The documentaries are,"The Resurrection of a Nation"  and  "Even Tears Were Not Enough")
Ruysns were lumped in with Ukrainians with Poland wanting to teach them a lesson and called the Ryusn's Nazi's from WW11. All not true , they just wanted to break up their culture by removing them from their lands.
If everyone fought over lst lands we all would be at each other's throats.
It's getting to be a dull subject, time people learned to get along before it's too late.
My father was born in Ruysn lands in 1921 before they were forced to move.
Many people moved back after 1956 and rebuilt.
Out of over 50,000 people removed only around 10,000 returned.
They just got on with their new lives and never looked back.
I used to ask my father where he was born and all he would say is, over there in the old country.
- @Marilyn Tassy
Yup, coffin money.  I've seen this before in the Pacific in some of the former  Trust territories - sons/daughters go off to fight in Iraq as soldiers in a foreign military, die in service, then  families receive compensation money and they immediately buy an outlandishly oversized/monster pickup truck to drive around the solitary road on their tiny Pacific island.  Not sure why they do it!  You'd think they'd establish a foundation for their lost one to promote peace or educational opportunities.

Ukrainians and Russians are very related. Same with Belarus.  Languages differ but not by that much.  However, Russians think of Ukrainians as "Little Russians" or Ukraine as "Little Russia" and Ukraine is not a real country.   It's an ongoing patronising pattern of behaviour. Essentially they think UKR is populated by country bumpkins incapable of governing themselves and Russia needs to supervise. I think they've got a different idea now they  are seeing the wrong ends of Javelin missiles.   

I suppose there must be some former Nazis around.  My Dad was obviously on the British side and was in the British Army in WW2.  But he's one of the few now.   

I see Germany keeps convicting former Nazi camp guards who promptly die before they can serve  their sentences.  Not that's any excuse for what they did - being old and decrepit is not a free pass. 

I'm not that familiar with the Rus people but I have read about it.  I suppose another injustice like the Palestinians, Kurds, Irish and endless others.
Yes, I think allot of the injustice done to the Ruysns/Lemkos as they are called in Poland, is all down to religion.
Ruysns are Orthodox and Poland is Roman Catholic.
So stupid it hurts the brain to even think about it.
They forced them out with 2 hours notice from their generational homes in Poland and moved Poles into the area, took over many of the handmade wooden Orthodox churches and turned them into Roman Catholic ones.
I read letter from the 1950's from a dsitant female teenage cousin who mved back when it was allowed with her parents to what had been their frmer home.
It was burnt to the ground and they had t sleep outside until they rebult their home.They had to pay the Polish gv. for their land too!
She wrote relations in the US about how she wanted to be a teacher and was trying to go to school to get her degree under these conditions.
She asked family living in the US if they could please send her some used dresses and a used winter coat. To please sew in a $5. bill in the lining of the coat so she could buy some items young girls need. It was a lovley letter to read she semed so positive under terrible conditions. She had her faith to keep her going.
She later, I learned at our family reunion had moved to the USA and had been a teacher. Good on her!
So many people with different stories all suffered because of pure stupidity by all goverments.
At our reunin a friend of our family was at a house party held for all of us at a relations home. She is a teacvher and s is her husband, so many teachers in our family...
Well this guy's family had it bad.
He lived in the UK and was using a lawyer to try and get his family lands back from way back when.
He was a Gypsy and gay and a Ruysn! Good luck to him! One of my relations frm the US was helping him with translations, would be interesting to know what happened.
Yes, I think allot of the injustice done to the Ruysns/Lemkos as they are called in Poland, is all down to religion.
Ruysns are Orthodox and Poland is Roman Catholic.
So stupid it hurts the brain to even think about it.
They forced them out with 2 hours notice from their generational homes in Poland and moved Poles into the area, took over many of the handmade wooden Orthodox churches and turned them into Roman Catholic ones.
I read letter from the 1950's from a dsitant female teenage cousin who mved back when it was allowed with her parents to what had been their frmer home.
It was burnt to the ground and they had t sleep outside until they rebult their home.They had to pay the Polish gv. for their land too!
She wrote relations in the US about how she wanted to be a teacher and was trying to go to school to get her degree under these conditions.
She asked family living in the US if they could please send her some used dresses and a used winter coat. To please sew in a $5. bill in the lining of the coat so she could buy some items young girls need. It was a lovley letter to read she semed so positive under terrible conditions. She had her faith to keep her going.
She later, I learned at our family reunion had moved to the USA and had been a teacher. Good on her!
So many people with different stories all suffered because of pure stupidity by all goverments.
At our reunin a friend of our family was at a house party held for all of us at a relations home. She is a teacvher and s is her husband, so many teachers in our family...
Well this guy's family had it bad.
He lived in the UK and was using a lawyer to try and get his family lands back from way back when.
He was a Gypsy and gay and a Ruysn! Good luck to him! One of my relations frm the US was helping him with translations, would be interesting to know what happened.
- @Marilyn Tassy

What an interesting story - $5 sown in the lining and some used clothes.   What people had to do to survive!   I can imagine a movie being made about that.  I wonder if anyone sent $5.  It would have gone a long way back then.

I have a Polish contact in London who had property taken post-WW2.  I'll be a bit coy here. This person was the result of an illicit affair between the mother and an extremely senior (and old) person in the legal profession.  But my contact was illegitimate.  The senior person was actually some kind of old family of aristocrats.  That family had a large amount of land and castle somewhere or other. It was taken by the communists post-WW2 because of they were aristocrats.   The father died before recognising his illegitimate child.

In the time I've known that person, which is years, it must have  been at least 30 years to get any kind of compensation and indeed gain recognition as the offspring of this aristocratic person.  It had been in court so many times I'd lost count.   

Others who were recognised had received considerable compensation years ago.  Unfortunately time has taken  its toll and my contact is in a period of ill health and disability and the money would have really be helpful for things like modifications to housing/installing stair lift etc.    Anyway, it seems to have been resolved in the past few years. Compensation too late seems hardly any compensation at all. 
Yes, this relation asked for used clothing because if anyone sent new items they probably would of been stolen at the post to be resold.
I'm pretty sure she got a package or two.
I remember my mom putting things in boxes when I was young to send overseas plus it was a very large family in the US on my father's side.
My mom grew up really poor by her native American granny so she was big on helping those in need when she could.
Used to have an Irish/American family with 13 children living on our st.
Mom went there once to give a gift when the mother had one of her babies.
She was invited in and noticed they had bunk beds sent up everywhere. It was a 4 bedroom house too.
I remember for years mom would go through our old clothing every new school year and give that family any clothing that no longer fit us.
Too bad my mom always said that at the time she only had one son and his clothing was too small for that women's boys. Guess the girls were well heeled with our toss outs. Just kidding with 2 older sisters, I first had to wear their glad rags before giving anything away.
I even wore a Girl Scout uniform that was from the 1950's, my 2 older sister wore it first.
I always have had to make due with turning out of fashion items into a new look.
At least as a girl I did.
My sister bought me a brand new outfit with her first paycheck when she was 17, Go-Go boots too. Later it was cool to wear my 2 older sisters clothing. They were Mods and if I did their share of the housework I was allowed to borrw their cool clothing for school.
From rags to riches...

@Marilyn Tassy my grandfather fought in National Uprising. Gotten badly injured in the knee by shrapnel. My mom was born shortly after WW2, but her older siblings got 1st hand stories to tell. Stories which are never taught in history classes. There were not much emotions in the storytelling, simply stated as matter of fact, no hard feelings for soldiers on both sides. I guess that people were somehow hardened by life back then, they'd taken the circumstances as they were and never analyzed why, when, where or who... and just carried on with their lives. So I kinda hope for my and younger generations to just put a lid on the past sins and injustice, stop dwelling on what can't be changed and focus on more peaceful times. Then these hate-spreading a*holes won't have change to take a lead in any country. But I'm just pathetic idealist, I'm aware of that

- @Bian_ca6661

I know, those war stories are often spoken of as if it was not real.
I suppose if they allwed themselves to remember the emotions they experienced while going through it all they would of lost their minds. I'm an idealist too, wish more people were.

A strange thing happened yesterday.
We parked our car and lugged bags of groceries and bottles of 6 packs of water. My husband decided to turn back to the car and carry yet another 6 pack upstairs to save himself another trip down.
As I waited on the sidewalk for him to retrive the water a young Hungarian women approached me.
She was speaking in Hungarian and looked either, high, drunk or injured. She was swaying and holding her chest.
She did not look homeless.
I told her I couldn't understand what she wanted from me. I asked if she was hurt and she nodded yes.
She asked me then in English to call her a cab, said she had money for one.
I told her I don't have a phone. I don't have a cell phone, well it's always at home and never turned on, just have ne just in case ...
I asked her again  if she was OK and if she was hurt. She nodded her head when I suggested she was injured.
I suppose I played into her game by feeding her the right answers. I got the vibe she wasn't telling the truth but told her to wait for my husband to come over.
He asked her what was up and she wanted a cab. He told her if she was hurt he would walk her right around the corner to the hospital.
She didn't want to go there.
He asked if she had a phone and he would call the cab.
She fumbled in her bag and pulled out a coke zero and opened it up!
We told her we would go to our place and make that call for her and to wait a few mins.
We went upstairs and my husband looked out the window, she was lighting up a smoke.
He went downstairs because he had decided what he would do."He was going to tell her he was taking her over to the hospital to be checked or she could be on her own.
He went down but she was long gone.
What sort of scam was she trying to pull I wonder?
If anything we'd never pay for her cab, maybe give her some bus fare. We also were not going to drive her anywhere ourselves.
I've hit my head many times and never was able to have a coke or a smoke so doubt she had hit her head.
It was just weird.

@Marilyn Tassy one thing that comes to my mind is - she'd try to grab your cell phone if you pulled one out of your bag...? Although who'd steal a phone when they can be easily tracked nowadays... she was either high or crazy. This sort of strange folks make me uneasy, never know what to expect of them

Yes, she was S@@@ outta luck with me, I don't carry money, phone, keys or even my ID most times.
Yes, she was S@@@ outta luck with me, I don't carry money, phone, keys or even my ID most times.
- @Marilyn Tassy

Maybe she saw you as a soft touch foreigner but hadn't reckoned on your hubby coming into the picture. 

Maybe she wanted money.
Yes, this relation asked for used clothing because if anyone sent new items they probably would of been stolen at the post to be resold.
I'm pretty sure she got a package or two.
I remember my mom putting things in boxes when I was young to send overseas plus it was a very large family in the US on my father's side.
My mom grew up really poor by her native American granny so she was big on helping those in need when she could.
Used to have an Irish/American family with 13 children living on our st.
Mom went there once to give a gift when the mother had one of her babies.
She was invited in and noticed they had bunk beds sent up everywhere. It was a 4 bedroom house too.
I remember for years mom would go through our old clothing every new school year and give that family any clothing that no longer fit us.
Too bad my mom always said that at the time she only had one son and his clothing was too small for that women's boys. Guess the girls were well heeled with our toss outs. Just kidding with 2 older sisters, I first had to wear their glad rags before giving anything away.
I even wore a Girl Scout uniform that was from the 1950's, my 2 older sister wore it first.
I always have had to make due with turning out of fashion items into a new look.
At least as a girl I did.
My sister bought me a brand new outfit with her first paycheck when she was 17, Go-Go boots too. Later it was cool to wear my 2 older sisters clothing. They were Mods and if I did their share of the housework I was allowed to borrow their cool clothing for school.
From rags to riches...
- @Marilyn Tassy

I also had hand me downs as a child of the 1960s. Go-Go Boots sound really groovy!   Very nice of your sister to get you a complete outfit. I hope they were silvery sparkly Go-Go Boots.

My bro was much more fashionable than me and had a habit of wearing flared trousers and huge platform shoes.   Those shoes were a death trap but (un)luckily I have big feet so didn't have the chance to borrow his shoes and break my ankles. 

Looking back, I think, what the hell were we thinking?!

I'm laughing just remembering the story I heard while in Poland.
At the house party that was given for us at a relations home there was a gay ,Gypsy, Ruysn man . He was nice and funny and he brought his husband with him. A nice looking older gay gent from the UK.
Of course being me, I spent most of my reunion time sitting with these 2 men cracking up at their tales. My husband was off doing the polka with all the ladies.
The UK guy was talking abut being in  London during the "swinging days" with his high platform shoes on and he feel over while running after a bus! It was so funny  the way he told the story that I just about fell out of the chair laughing.

White-Go -Go bots. I have a phot smewhere where I and my 2 sister all have white boots on with mini dresses.
My one sister wore micro mini's but she could do it, she was so Twiggy thin.
She once made her own bell bottoms in the new latest style that Cher was sporting, super wide ones. With her long thin legs tehy loked great on her.
She wre them the day she and her school mate ditched and went to the recording studio in Hollywod where they met 4 of the Stones.
Mick told her he loved her bell bottms just before he placed that wet sloppy drunk kiss on her 15 year old lips...( Then hid her and her friend in a broom closet?)
My sisters were odd dressers for our area in Ca. First we lived where all the girls were mostly low riders and wore ratted hair and dark eyelinger with pink lipstick or white lipstick and then we moved where everyone was either dressed like a cheerleader of cowgirl. Wearing big bell bottms, John Lenon cpas in leather with black leather vest and men's ties with white shirts was something else in our hick town.
I would spend hours as a grade schooler just watching my 2 lder sister get ready for the day. One would iron her lng hair straight and the other had to wear the perfect flip hairdo with her eyeliner drawn on so thin .  I was glad when I was in higher levels the lok was more like Carol King. No make up and blue jeans. I used to spend my eveings plaiding my hair int many braids and in the mornings I let themmut just so I culd have the perfect fusssing hairdo.
Spend my after school free time doing up my jeans with studs and embroidery. When the local stores started selling jeans with studs and embroidery on them, we knew that was old hat and started wearing old 1940's jackets and Army Boots. My mother used to freak out saying the neighbors would think they couldn't afford nice clothing for me because I only shopped in second and shops and wore old ladies coats.
Needless to say my friends and I were not too popular in that small town and we never were asked to any dances, we scared all the boys away. Mom was sort of glad though.
Actually wearing second hand and females wearing Army boots is still a fashion I take full credit for starting!
I know when I was a child saying anyone's Mother wore Army boots so the highest insult.
Now days it means your mother is a fashion plate.
When my son was 7-8 years old I used to walk to collect him after school.
He was so embarrassed because I wore red high top Converse sports shoes.
He tell me why couldn't I look like the other moms?
Actaully my husband has a new pair of Converse shoes but never wears them because they are so uncomfortable.
I'm surpired people actually are able to wear them off the basketball courts.
Flat footed isn't even the word for how they treat your arches.
I'm laughing just remembering the story I heard while in Poland.
At the house party that was given for us at a relations home there was a gay ,Gypsy, Ruysn man . He was nice and funny and he brought his husband with him. A nice looking older gay gent from the UK.
Of course being me, I spent most of my reunion time sitting with these 2 men cracking up at their tales. My husband was off doing the polka with all the ladies.
The UK guy was talking abut being in  London during the "swinging days" with his high platform shoes on and he feel over while running after a bus! It was so funny  the way he told the story that I just about fell out of the chair laughing.

White-Go -Go bots. I have a phot smewhere where I and my 2 sister all have white boots on with mini dresses.
My one sister wore micro mini's but she could do it, she was so Twiggy thin.
She once made her own bell bottoms in the new latest style that Cher was sporting, super wide ones. With her long thin legs tehy loked great on her.
She wre them the day she and her school mate ditched and went to the recording studio in Hollywod where they met 4 of the Stones.
Mick told her he loved her bell bottms just before he placed that wet sloppy drunk kiss on her 15 year old lips...( Then hid her and her friend in a broom closet?)
My sisters were odd dressers for our area in Ca. First we lived where all the girls were mostly low riders and wore ratted hair and dark eyelinger with pink lipstick or white lipstick and then we moved where everyone was either dressed like a cheerleader of cowgirl. Wearing big bell bottms, John Lenon cpas in leather with black leather vest and men's ties with white shirts was something else in our hick town.
I would spend hours as a grade schooler just watching my 2 lder sister get ready for the day. One would iron her lng hair straight and the other had to wear the perfect flip hairdo with her eyeliner drawn on so thin .  I was glad when I was in higher levels the lok was more like Carol King. No make up and blue jeans. I used to spend my eveings plaiding my hair int many braids and in the mornings I let themmut just so I culd have the perfect fusssing hairdo.
Spend my after school free time doing up my jeans with studs and embroidery. When the local stores started selling jeans with studs and embroidery on them, we knew that was old hat and started wearing old 1940's jackets and Army Boots. My mother used to freak out saying the neighbors would think they couldn't afford nice clothing for me because I only shopped in second and shops and wore old ladies coats.
Needless to say my friends and I were not too popular in that small town and we never were asked to any dances, we scared all the boys away. Mom was sort of glad though.
Actually wearing second hand and females wearing Army boots is still a fashion I take full credit for starting!
I know when I was a child saying anyone's Mother wore Army boots so the highest insult.
Now days it means your mother is a fashion plate.
When my son was 7-8 years old I used to walk to collect him after school.
He was so embarrassed because I wore red high top Converse sports shoes.
He tell me why couldn't I look like the other moms?
Actaully my husband has a new pair of Converse shoes but never wears them because they are so uncomfortable.
- @Marilyn Tassy
I've got some Converse basketball boots.  They look good but they are indeed absolutely terrible for your feet.  I've worn them once or twice but generally unusable.  I also have some Ugg boots and they are nice and furry and really warm but death traps - no tread on the soles.  And no arch support too.   Forget about them in icy weather or on wet surfaces.  Might as well be wearing ice skates.   I got so fed up with it, I've had them resoled with proper tread.  Now they are like Army boots.   How they can even sell those things I don't know!  Someone ought to sue them. I mean, if the Ford Pinto can blow up then Ugg boots maybe could be sued too.  I'll probably end up wearing them when I'm doing the garden. What a shame.

Our 17 year old Fluffyette would probably have had a fantastic time in the groovy 1960s in CA - already in a very expressionist teenage period right now, with the big Army type boots, red hair, multiple earrings.  I'm draw the line at tattoos.  It's becoming very normal now and I'm not keen as it's pretty much permanent if there's a change of mind.   I suppose 2020s life is paralleling life in 1960s CA except in the Budapest version - going to see bands and singers, hanging out with groovy people etc. 

- @Marilyn Tassy

I had a pair of All-Stars back in the 60's, but I played basketball, my only memory was they made my feet stink.  They should have been called Chuck Taylor All-Stars (at least that's what my coach told us).  Going forward 60 years, my grandson (2 years old) turned up yesterday wearing a pair, made me smile.
Yes, "kids these days" ( Sound like my mother there!) are copying fashions from the past.
I still have some ,"orginal" pieces but will never wear them. They still fit but at my age it looks like I never opened up a fashion mag because I'm stuck in the past.
Spent $800. in the 80's n a black leather swing cat in fine calf leather. Have it here, thought I could recover a chair with the leather...
Still have the first leather jacket my husband ever bought me. Aviator style with a real detachable fur collar.
Now days I settle for your basic classics, not out of fashion but never really in either.
I bought a pricey cute flower pattern dress once because it was relaxed and nice for summer or springtime.
I still love the dresss.
I wore it a few years back and sent my sister a photo.
She asked me why I was wearing a grandma dress! Shot down right through the heart.
Wearing a granny dress style when you're old enough to be a granny isn't exaclty the way to go.
Then again, wearing skinny jeans at my age isn't exactly age appropreate  either...
It's hard when your slim and tall, normal clothing that is loose looks like a bag. The classics work the best.
I lost so much weight last year that my skinny jeans could be called baggies.
I am lucky I can eat  now and am almost back to my normal weight.
I used to judge my weight by how my clothing fits, now I weigh myself daily on a scale.
I thought of reselling some of my 80's items but I can't let them go for pennies on the dollar. Huge investment at the time.

skynews-dover-channel-border_5843228.jpg

And the Brexiteers are still saying it has nothing to with Brexit. Of cause it, there are more checks and the stamping of passports. But didn`t they want stronger border controls?
- @SimCityAT

Seems like Germany and Austria have caught Brexititis:

b67b94a2-ac2d-4c33-87ab-6ec90097a442.jpe

40 km long queues at border crossing; seems like nothing much has changed since I lived there in the 80's.  A link to "Heute" (in German - sorry).

skynews-dover-channel-border_5843228.jpg

And the Brexiteers are still saying it has nothing to with Brexit. Of cause it, there are more checks and the stamping of passports. But didn`t they want stronger border controls?
- @SimCityAT

Seems like Germany and Austria have caught Brexititis:

40 km long queues at border crossing; seems like nothing much has changed since I lived there in the 80's.  A link to "Heute" (in German - sorry).

- @Cynic

They have increased checks on a lot of borders to tackle immigration and people trafficking gangs. Which is a good thing.

- @Cynic

They have increased checks on a lot of borders to tackle immigration and people trafficking gangs. Which is a good thing.
- @SimCityAT
I think it's more about flexing nationality muscles.  The numbers coming through in and caught in private cars and vans inter-Schengen must be absolutely tiny.   

Porous borders are far more likely in Finland and Belarus.  That's one of Putin's weapons - flying in immigrants at low cost and visa free to Belarus and Russia, then sending them on to the borders.  Once in Schengen, it's just easy to go anywhere.

It's interesting to look on Streetview and see places in Poland and elsewhere where it would be easy to just walk in.