Absolutely Anything Else

Fuel update:

As of yesterday, my local MOL has no diesel of any kind.

95 and 100 still available.

People were pulling up and asking the staff if it was really true. And it was.

As was always usual here, if you see it,  grab it because it'll be gone.

Power Station news:

Hungary's risky bet on Russia's nuclear power

We walked past a petrol/gas station yesterday.

Not too busy, prices on gas were lower then last time we picked some up.

Didn't check to see if they had diesel or not.

Rather nippy outside.

We decided to not drive to the mall and walked home.

Figures we always just miss the tram...

Rather refreshing to walk in the cold.

The shops insie Arena Plaza were not too busy.

The food court was packed though.

I still can't get over how they don't give out a shopping bag at many mall stores.

Picked up some ,"luxury" item from the Body Shop.

Since it is an international store you'd think they would give you a small bag and not charge as an afterthought.

I get so put out waiting for a bag after already paying for the item that I hate paying twice, once just for a darn bag. Have to remember to ask for any extra services here.

I'll never get used to the terrible customer service that happens 9 times out of 10 here.

I had my husband put my items in his pocket, like a common shop lifter...

Sort of the ,"magic" of using a shopping mall store is one expects better service then inside a farmers market, not happening here!

I still think a nice package is importnt.

When I worked in beauty salons we always had nice bags for our customers who purchased hair products from us.

I get so tired at time of lugging around my own shopping bags.

I've mentioned in the past a strange thing my son did .

He bought several f his ex GF;s Louis Vitton handbags as a sort of parting gift.

Just something for them to remember him and the good times they shared.

Not like flowers that get tossed away, no women is going to not except a nice handbag or throw it away.

Well, my boy was thoughtful with his old mom.

He gave me the nice fancy paper LV shopping bag as a gift.

He told me I could never say he didn't give me a LV bag too.

So thoughtful.

Rather nippy outside.
I still can't get over how they don't give out a shopping bag at many mall stores.
Since it is an international store you'd think they would give you a small bag and not charge as an afterthought.
I get so put out waiting for a bag after already paying for the item that I hate paying twice, once just for a darn bag. Have to remember to ask for any extra services here.
I'll never get used to the terrible customer service that happens 9 times out of 10 here.
Sort of the ,"magic" of using a shopping mall store is one expects better service then inside a farmers market, not happening here!
When I worked in beauty salons we always had nice bags for our customers who purchased hair products from us.
He bought several f his ex GF;s Louis Vitton handbags as a sort of parting gift.
Not like flowers that get tossed away, no women is going to not except a nice handbag or throw it away.
So thoughtful.
-@Marilyn Tassy

The fuel situation seems to be lingering.  We can get diesel locally but just not at MOL.  The price is coming down a bit.   Maybe the subsidy price and the retail price are converging anyway.

I've got a bag that folds up really small and you can put it in your coat pocket.  I think we got it at Ikea but I've looked online and I cannot see them listed.   It's like a nylon shopping bag. It was really cheap - I remember that part.  But it was several years ago.

When I go to the UK I always scan my own shopping using a hand held portable scanner. I put the stuff directly into my shopping bag in the trolley. Then it's all ready to carry it away.  I actually had trouble adjusting to that idea.  I have seen people scanning stuff and just putting it directly into their handbags and rucksacks. It seems a bit strange but I guess it's OK if they are honest enough and trustworthy enough to follow the rules.  They know about the person's behaviour as you have to use your loyalty card to get the scanner, so they've profiled you immediately.

When you said LV bag, I thought you meant Las Vegas, not Louis Vuitton.

But good idea to give handbags in some ways.  I'd be too cheap to give handbags to my ex-GFs such things.   They can buy their own as soon as the door knob hits them on the rear end.  I mean why give presents to ex- anythings. 

Did you hear that Hungary was the single and only veto of a Ukraine loan package? And the only country to block the EU-wide agreement on a minimum corporate tax rate of 15%.

I know you also know that EU funds were being blocked by Rule of Law concerns.

If you haven't heard, Hungary has removed their vetoes in return for much of that funding to return.

Every time they cave in to a mini-dictator, they lose credibility. And this on the heels of a major corruption scandal...

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2022 … n-eu-funds

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the … y-hungary/

Rather nippy outside.
So thoughtful.
-@Marilyn Tassy

The fuel situation seems to be lingering. We can get diesel locally but just not at MOL. The price is coming down a bit.  Maybe the subsidy price and the retail price are converging anyway.

I've got a bag that folds up really small and you can put it in your coat pocket. I think we got it at Ikea but I've looked online and I cannot see them listed.  It's like a nylon shopping bag. It was really cheap - I remember that part. But it was several years ago.

When I go to the UK I always scan my own shopping using a hand held portable scanner. I put the stuff directly into my shopping bag in the trolley. Then it's all ready to carry it away. I actually had trouble adjusting to that idea. I have seen people scanning stuff and just putting it directly into their handbags and rucksacks. It seems a bit strange but I guess it's OK if they are honest enough and trustworthy enough to follow the rules. They know about the person's behaviour as you have to use your loyalty card to get the scanner, so they've profiled you immediately.

When you said LV bag, I thought you meant Las Vegas, not Louis Vuitton.

But good idea to give handbags in some ways. I'd be too cheap to give handbags to my ex-GFs such things.  They can buy their own as soon as the door knob hits them on the rear end. I mean why give presents to ex- anythings.
-@fluffy2560

I know, my son doesn't do things like a average person does.

His GF's though were all sweeties and he loved them but he didn't want to go the next level.

No hard feelings.

The only person who deserved a jail term was his ex- Hungarian wife.

She took more then she deserved and then some.

Don't get me started!!

Did you hear that Hungary was the single and only veto of a Ukraine loan package? And the only country to block the EU-wide agreement on a minimum corporate tax rate of 15%.
I know you also know that EU funds were being blocked by Rule of Law concerns.
If you haven't heard, Hungary has removed their vetoes in return for much of that funding to return.
Every time they cave in to a mini-dictator, they lose credibility. And this on the heels of a major corruption scandal...

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2022 … n-eu-funds

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the … y-hungary/
-@Vicces1

Yes, I did hear that.   And Hungary along with Turkey are blocking Finland and Sweden's accession to NATO.   That's still very significant.  Both Hungary and Turkey are run by wannabe dictators, Turkey is almost there.  Erdogan just jailed the Mayor of Istanbul İmamoğlu for insulting officials. It's clearly a political conviction.   That bans him and therefore takes him out of the race for election as president.  The Mayor of Istanbul job is seen as a stepping stone to President.  There's no way Turkey is joining the EU with Erdogan as President.   It's a problem having a dictator in NATO too.     

But anyway, the EU is pretty toothless and will always cave in. It's come down to money.  The EU is still holding something under a billion.  But where will the money coming to HU go?  Probably going to go straight to cronies of OV or some policy to prop OV up and hold on to power in these challenging times.

The nuclear power station is very interesting as this is being overseen by Péter Szijjártó (foreign minister).  This particular project is blocked by sanctions yet has trundled on in HU despite the war.  There could be, I suppose, quite a bit of skimming going on with a project of that size.  There's no way it's going to operate by 2026 as was planned.  Everything was going to be transported to Hungary from Russia and via Ukraine - like the nuclear fuel and the turbines.  There is no way Russia is going to be bringing stuff like that via an EU country or Ukraine into Hungary. There's no route to bring it in.  No-one will be doing business with Russia on that scale. It's all going to be halted for years.

OV is lookling like he's losing the plot. Hungary will get nothing in the UKR version of the Marshall Plan - Zelensky will see to that. OV has got himself in a muddle being Putin's poodle in the EU. And everyone with half a brain cell knows it. 

I'm even forming the opinion that HU should be forced out of the EU as HU itself doesn't have the gumption or intellectual capacity to get rid of a wannabe autocrat like OV.   It's like Lukashenko in Belarus or Vučić in Serbia.  No-one is going to be thinking of them joining the EU anytime soon. Not with the current mindset and not without a collective mind/brain transplant.  It will take years to undo the damage caused to the mental condition of population by what's happened.   

I know, my son doesn't do things like a average person does.
His GF's though were all sweeties and he loved them but he didn't want to go the next level.
No hard feelings.
The only person who deserved a jail term was his ex- Hungarian wife.
She took more then she deserved and then some.
Don't get me started!!
-@Marilyn Tassy

That's the ex- thing.   My ex-wife didn't deserve jail but probably a few months in a mental hospital.  I suppose the reality for us was that we were like a binary weapon.  Benign on our own but mix us together and booom!  In the end, I guess we were both stupid kids back then.

I'm 62  now and I'm only just thinking I might have grown up sufficiently only maybe in the last 10 years.  I asked my Dad how old did he think he was in his mind even though he's 98.  He knows he's 98 of course.  But he said 35!  Quite a golden age at least for me. Somehow it seems to be about the age of one's superpowers.  Maybe 35 is the golden age for everyone.

I turned 68 yesterday!

I mentally feel 17 and some days perhaps 25.

I don't know who is looking back at me in the mirror some days.

We must be losing our brain cells however even at the beginging of being,"elderly".

I hate that word, really .

I asked for a simple cheesecake  instead of going to a bakery for one.

My husband went to Aldi and bought a frozen one, fine with me.

In the US the frozen cheesecakes just need to be defrosted.

Neither of us took the time to read over the packaging on this cake.

We cut out a small portion to defrost and stuck the rest in the freezer.

Hours later we had our cheesecake, it tasted a bit weird to me but I didn't want to complain. Got to the crust and just couldn't eat it.

Read the package too late, put in oven for 25 mins!!!

Great, waiting today for the belly ache!

I have no luck with BD cakes and should just give them up.

On my son's first BD I ordered a fancy cake for his party.We took about 6 babies and their mom's to a ice cream parlor to have a little party. 1 is young but in Hawaii it is areally big deal to have a 1st. BD.

I smashed the cake a bit in the box and it really upset me.

Later that afternoon I was in the ER with a dislocated knee, never going to forget that day.

When I was 19 my BFF ,Lisa came t my flat to party with me. Guess we were partying to hard because I didn't notice the oven was no lite when I put a boxed cake mix in to bake.

I checked the cake about half way through coking time and noticed the oven was not on. I lite it oven again, BOOM!

Off with my eyebrown lashes and part of my bangs/fringe.

We laughed about it but really how stupid, I could of taken out the city block.

No more BD cakes I think for me.

I turned 68 yesterday!
I mentally feel 17 and some days perhaps 25.
I don't know who is looking back at me in the mirror some days.
We must be losing our brain cells however even at the beginging of being,"elderly".
I hate that word, really .
I asked for a simple cheesecake instead of going to a bakery for one.
My husband went to Aldi and bought a frozen one, fine with me.
In the US the frozen cheesecakes just need to be defrosted.
Neither of us took the time to read over the packaging on this cake.
We cut out a small portion to defrost and stuck the rest in the freezer.
Hours later we had our cheesecake, it tasted a bit weird to me but I didn't want to complain. Got to the crust and just couldn't eat it.
Read the package too late, put in oven for 25 mins!!!
Great, waiting today for the belly ache!
I have no luck with BD cakes and should just give them up.
On my son's first BD I ordered a fancy cake for his party.We took about 6 babies and their mom's to a ice cream parlor to have a little party. 1 is young but in Hawaii it is areally big deal to have a 1st. BD.
I smashed the cake a bit in the box and it really upset me.
Later that afternoon I was in the ER with a dislocated knee, never going to forget that day.
When I was 19 my BFF ,Lisa came t my flat to party with me. Guess we were partying to hard because I didn't notice the oven was no lite when I put a boxed cake mix in to bake.
I checked the cake about half way through coking time and noticed the oven was not on. I lite it oven again, BOOM!
Off with my eyebrown lashes and part of my bangs/fringe.
We laughed about it but really how stupid, I could of taken out the city block.
No more BD cakes I think for me.
-@Marilyn Tassy

Congrats on the birthday.  68 is the new 58 these days.  If you think 25, then great!

I have to make my own cheesecakes. They are easy to make as I can now get sugar free biscuits here. Easy to cook too.  I haven't blown myself up yet doing it. It might be the electric oven that saves me doing that. I have still not nailed down a recipe to my tastes yet. But it's a good way to use left over biscuits, cream cheese etc. Nice slice of lemon cheesecake. Lovely.

I do remember my mother blowing up the oven a couple of times - it went bang, the door flew open and knocked her over. It seems like a bad design. It should not be possible for the gas to continue to flow if it's not burning. I think modern ones would not allow that.

Happy Birthday Marilyn!

p.s. Hungary is no longer blocking Sweden's accession to NATO. Part of the EU funding deal. 

Just shows it was about money, not entirely about ideology.

Paks:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63964744

@Marilyn Tassy Nowadays me and my wife hate birthdays (or new year), just reminding we are again a year older, yes we try to go to a restaurant, but nothing to celebrate to realize one becomes older. Good memories, but these are memories. (In Hungary at times it was great, sometimes not so great).

Getting older and loose once mind (I have no Alzheimer or dementia yet) is not so nice, I notice myself that my mind is not as good as in the past (getting older, I have to accept).

Just staying healthy in a relative good financial situation is important, marriage is becomes more of a friendship (frequent sex only for a few at this age I think).

We should be happy that we can use internet. (my wife is good with eg Whatsapp, but me I am too old (and I do not want to learn). Same applies to languages, I know Dutch, English, German and a little bit of Russian and French, I do not even want to try Hungarian and Turkish.

Just sad to get to 100 (really end of life I think), possibly much earlier (my father died at 39, both of grandfathers well before 60).

I suppose I should be happy to be over 60 and I have (as far as I know) no serious ilnesess.

Depressive post, but that is the way is.

I don't mind BD's, better then the alternative!

We baked some of the left over cheesecake, much better then raw!

My school mate, friend turns 70 today.

She was 2 years and 2 grades older then my gang but she fit in.

Not sure if she was a bit slow or we were older then our 15 years when we met her.

My BFF's Lisa's husband shared my BD. He is 2 years younger then we were/are.

I know so many people born under my zodica sign, yes we are a bit hard to understand.

Knowing people for over 50 years is strange, no one really changes that much as they age.

319554541_818820219205970_41557422963445

319554541_818820219205970_41557422963445
-@SimCityAT

It was quite something.  France came back from the brink in spectacular style.  But not to be.  Argentina's 3rd win.

So sad...

So sad...
-@Vicces1

I did find it very sporting that France got a big cheer from the Argentinian fans and vice versa.

Appreciation of the game and the skill on both sides.

Sharing TV streaming passwords is illegal, says UK copyright watchdog

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/ … t-watchdog

Sharing TV streaming passwords is illegal, says UK copyright watchdog
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/ … t-watchdog
-@SimCityAT

Yes, saw that but are they going to do anything about it? 

I doubt they will.

People will run away and go back to downloading.

I'm not sure if this is for everyone but if you are over age 65 or under age 18 it might be of interest.

The gov. sent us a notice that they were giving out gift coupons until Dec.31 for people in these age groups.

It was sent out to us from our local district but I believe it's for everyone in Hungary who fits the bill.

My husband went to the pick up point and picked up our cards. Each good for 10,000 forints to spend at Lidel.

Some people really could use this. I doubt many would turn down free food money if offered it anyways.

We used one card, easy enough at the check out, no hassles.

On another topic, I always speak about family and family roots.

My eldest sister sent her results from a recent DNA test she took.

She mentioned that siblings do not always have the exact genes but no details on how they figured that out.

Still it's family and blood ties are similar between siblings.

Well, come to find out some interesting facts.

I am a bit surprised with the results.

Come to find out we are 8% black!

We do have native blood but no mention of Mohawks, more Indian from South America!

Not even all that much, just 1.4%!

I am blown away, where did these stories come from that were handed down orally?

Also 10% Finnish?

Some middle easten in for good measure, just 3.5%

Also a dash of Beringian? From those who crossed over from Russia to Alaska way back when. 86% European but from all over the place, mostly from the east.

I know we all look a bit exotic but the results are a surprise for sure.

I now wonder if any of us can trust those old stories passed down from the family?

Not so sure I'm thrilled with my sister giving her DNA to who know's who but it's done.

It really puts a different spin on history for me.

Perhpas I had slaves in the family. I knew we were from strong stock but wow it's very interesting to me.

Not sure why more native American didn't show up though.

They even broke down the African roots into 3 groups. Part Nigerian, Sierra Leon and Senegambian.

I wonder if I can claim black heritage? If anyone knew me they would say I'm BSing them.

I guess I have to think it over a bit.It is what it is and I am glad to know the truth about matters.

Not sure why my sister felt the need to take such a test but it's all good.

Man,makes me think people might have an image of themselves that has nothing to do at all with reality.

I'm not sure if this is for everyone but if you are over age 65 or under age 18 it might be of interest.
The gov. sent us a notice that they were giving out gift coupons until Dec.31 for people in these age groups.
It was sent out to us from our local district but I believe it's for everyone in Hungary who fits the bill.
My husband went to the pick up point and picked up our cards. Each good for 10,000 forints to spend at Lidel.
Some people really could use this. I doubt many would turn down free food money if offered it anyways.
We used one card, easy enough at the check out, no hassles.

-@Marilyn Tassy

Mrs Fluffy mentioned that to me but we didn't do anything about it nor did we try and find out what to do. 

Which is silly really as it's a wasted opportunity. 

The kids might like to use the vouchers or we'll use them on their behalf.

I'm not a fan of Lidl but I was in a British version of it earlier this week and found it to be quite good, yet Mrs F says it's the worst one of the lot around here - CBA, Aldi, Tesco etc.

On another topic, I always speak about family and family roots.
My eldest sister sent her results from a recent DNA test she took.
She mentioned that siblings do not always have the exact genes but no details on how they figured that out.
Still it's family and blood ties are similar between siblings.
Well, come to find out some interesting facts.
I am a bit surprised with the results.
Come to find out we are 8% black!
We do have native blood but no mention of Mohawks, more Indian from South America!
Not even all that much, just 1.4%!
I am blown away, where did these stories come from that were handed down orally?
Also 10% Finnish?
Some middle easten in for good measure, just 3.5%
Also a dash of Beringian? From those who crossed over from Russia to Alaska way back when. 86% European but from all over the place, mostly from the east.
I know we all look a bit exotic but the results are a surprise for sure.
I now wonder if any of us can trust those old stories passed down from the family?
Not so sure I'm thrilled with my sister giving her DNA to who know's who but it's done.
It really puts a different spin on history for me.
Perhpas I had slaves in the family. I knew we were from strong stock but wow it's very interesting to me.
Not sure why more native American didn't show up though.
They even broke down the African roots into 3 groups. Part Nigerian, Sierra Leon and Senegambian.
I wonder if I can claim black heritage? If anyone knew me they would say I'm BSing them.
I guess I have to think it over a bit.It is what it is and I am glad to know the truth about matters.
Not sure why my sister felt the need to take such a test but it's all good.
Man,makes me think people might have an image of themselves that has nothing to do at all with reality.
-@Marilyn Tassy

Those geographical gene results are notoriously unreliable.  I don't think they can really detect that level of detail.

I have a thought I might be 1/8 Chinese.

My only "evidence" is that my mother looked a bit exotic - like she came from Asia/Pacific.  And so did her father. Some interesting aspects to that. My mother had really luscious jet black hair (and our daughter has it too). As a kid, I was also so blessed. My maternal grandparents were from Yorkshire in England. Not a Chinese person anywhere in there as far as we know.

I suppose an example of self-identification might be Rachel Dolezal who says she's black but has white parents.  She was in the news a while back.

The notice mailed to us told us where to go to pick up the cards.

I'm not a huge fan of Lidel either.

It's always too busy in there for me.

It really doesn't take much now to spend 10,000.

Just picked up a couple of things and we went over 10,000.

I guess 2 cards works oout to be around $55.00 US?

My husband had to say they should give everyone cards wrth more and then some.

I said it was nice of them and he went on to say they got money from the EU and have to show it went somewhere even if most of it landed in their pockets.

Ture perhaps but if everyone got what they deserved in life some people would be surprised how much they should get while others would be shocked to find themselves up on charges!

I for one won't look a gift horse in the mouth!

My mother always said there might be some black DNA on her side.

I'm just a bit surprised there isn't more native American.

Both my parnets had jet black hair, I was born with jet black curly hair. Turned a light golden brown with some red?

My father's hair was so black in the sun it had blue streaks.

Straight as sticks though.

321607780_3329185117329815_5742166893450

321607780_3329185117329815_5742166893450
-@SimCityAT

Best Cuisines of the World?

Hungary 21 and England (why not UK) at 29?

And USA at 8?

None of that makes any sense at all.

I don't understand it either Fluffy 

-@SimCityAT

Someone has invented this subjective idea and then applied their standards to it and published it as though it's "definitive"

Not objective at all.

-@SimCityAT

Someone has invented this subjective idea and then applied their standards to it and published it as though it's a "standard"

Not objective at all.
-@fluffy2560

Can only think of America for Fast Food ;)

Can only think of America for Fast Food
wink.png
-@SimCityAT

Yes, exactly.

It's hard to think of McDonalds etc as "food".

I also have an issue with them calling their outlets "restaurants".

Call me old school but I think of a a restaurant as a place where there's proper table waiting service, chef preparing everything individually etc.

Otherwise it's more like a canteen or snack bar.

When my son was 17 he got his first job in NM  working at McDonalds.

A silly teenagers dream to be able to eat anything and as much as you wanted to from a fast food joint.

He became the assistant night manager by his 2nd week working there.

He could fix up any combo of items he wated to for his break.

I fixed nice homemade meals at hom but he was only interested in eating at work.

The 3rd week into his new job he freaked out.

He used the WC and the rainbow colors that showed up scared him half to death.

He stopped eating Junk food cold turkey.

Neon colors from what he said...He was a rainbow!

Just something to consider next time one orders a ,"happy meal".

I read that Aldi is or already has put limits on certain items.

One kilo only of sugar, flour and cooking oil. One tray or carton of eggs and some restrictions on some meats.

We went to Tesco yesterday and I saw restrictions of a few itmes. 2 kilos of sugar, flour and cooking oil was short of supply, didn't read how many liters you culd purchase. Eggs were also in short supply.

Went shopping at 1 pm in the afternoon.

Unless they restocked I'm sure they ran out by closing time.

My fave eggs were out so I just bought 2  6 egg cartons of omega-3 eggs.

I bought sugar and flour and oil just because they put limits on them.

Perhpas they will soon nt even offer these itmes for sale?

Maybe they are holding back so they can raise prices later when price caps come off?

IDK, the whole thing is so silly.

Baby shampoo is running low?Dog shampoo as well?

You can always use a mild shampoo for humans to wash a dog with.

I used to use Paul Mitchell for color treated hair on my Dog, very mild and didn't strip his skin or give him a rash. Once in awhile using a human shampoo will not hurt them, most of thse for dogs have so many chemicals in them but they add ingrdients for ticks etc. Those don't last long and dogs need a flee and tick collar even if they are washed in dog shampoo. I always dislike those collars and didn't use them very oten on my dog. Just washed him every week or two. It is easier to do that in warm weather though. I also used the blow drying on my dog post washing if the weather was chilly.

Baby shampoo is running low?Dog shampoo as well?
You can always use a mild shampoo for humans to wash a dog with.
I used to use Paul Mitchell for color treated hair on my Dog, very mild and didn't strip his skin or give him a rash. Once in awhile using a human shampoo will not hurt them, most of thse for dogs have so many chemicals in them but they add ingrdients for ticks etc. Those don't last long and dogs need a flee and tick collar even if they are washed in dog shampoo. I always dislike those collars and didn't use them very oten on my dog. Just washed him every week or two. It is easier to do that in warm weather though. I also used the blow drying on my dog post washing if the weather was chilly.
-@Marilyn Tassy

Dog shampoo we just couldn't find (easily) so Mrs F ended up in Muller (always expensive) and got some German labelled baby shampoo there.  We have to wash her in a walk in shower as it's the only place we have that's big enough for two people or one person and a large dog.  Whoever does the washing is going to get soaked doing it.  We have to be ready with towels for when she shakes herself.  Try to limit the water coming off. Then the dog is then banished to the hallway until she dries out.

We think Baby shampoo will be the kindest option for the pooch.  The dog smells sometimes which is why we're considering washing her.  There's controversy here whether we should take her to the dog groomer. I want to do it but Mrs F is not keen - thinks it's a waste of money . I couldn't stand it so I trimmed the dog's coat myself as it was becoming ridiculous - looked so much better.  I cut out all the dangly bits and generally removed anything that looked matted etc. 

She does have a tick and flea collar on continuously. These aren't cheap but they work for 6 months. Obviously at this time of the year, it's not really necessary. Those ticks will be dead (one hopes) but I wouldn't be surprised if we see flies etc coming too early.  We've seen flies back recently and some of our trees have got buds on them.  It's way too early for any of that. Days are getting longer though - we've gained 2 minutes of day light since before Xmas. When I was out walking the dog, the birds were tweeting. I think everything is confused. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw snowdrops soon.

When my son was 17 he got his first job in NM working at McDonalds.
A silly teenagers dream to be able to eat anything and as much as you wanted to from a fast food joint.
He became the assistant night manager by his 2nd week working there.
He could fix up any combo of items he wated to for his break.
I fixed nice homemade meals at hom but he was only interested in eating at work.
The 3rd week into his new job he freaked out.
He used the WC and the rainbow colors that showed up scared him half to death.
He stopped eating Junk food cold turkey.
Neon colors from what he said...He was a rainbow!
Just something to consider next time one orders a ,"happy meal".
I read that Aldi is or already has put limits on certain items.
One kilo only of sugar, flour and cooking oil. One tray or carton of eggs and some restrictions on some meats.
We went to Tesco yesterday and I saw restrictions of a few itmes. 2 kilos of sugar, flour and cooking oil was short of supply, didn't read how many liters you culd purchase. Eggs were also in short supply.
Went shopping at 1 pm in the afternoon.
Unless they restocked I'm sure they ran out by closing time.
My fave eggs were out so I just bought 2 6 egg cartons of omega-3 eggs.
I bought sugar and flour and oil just because they put limits on them.
Perhpas they will soon nt even offer these itmes for sale?
Maybe they are holding back so they can raise prices later when price caps come off?
IDK, the whole thing is so silly.

There's a movie called "Supersize Me" where the presenter lives on fast food (aka McDonalds) for 30 daysand is monitored by health professionals.  It doesn't do him any good at all. He doesn't have hallucinations but his weight goes up and he generally becomes unhealthy. Not really a surprise.

If people are determined to get lots of sugar and cooking oil, they can just keep going in and out with a team of buyers.

I'm not really monitoring the price of groceries but I am looking at fuel. We're getting towards 600 HUF for 95 which is obviously 120 HUF more than the 480 HUF subsidised price. I am not sure it will make as much direct impact to the population as the food price rises will hit everyone. People don't always need fuel but they do need food. 

I'm reading inflation at 15% or higher in 2023, despite the government rhetoric. Only solution - hold any reserves in EUR or USD. Anything internationally a reserve currency. HUF to be avoided. It could push HU into the EUR.  That will be interesting.  I cannot see OV giving up that lever just now.

Most of the cooking oil isn't good for you anyways.

I'm not sure if they are limting buying olive oil or coconut oils.

Just the old soy and corn oils from what I see.

Sugar, I use about 1/2 tsp. a day in coffee sometimes a tiny bit in a sauce but we have really cut back on using sugar.

I personally can't wait until this year and this ,"holiday" stuff is done with.

Not against people having fun but we've been trying to ring up our GP for 2 weeks now. No answer and no message on their end .

I find that really rude for a doctor to not leave a message for their patients as to when they will reopen and where else to call while they are out.

Called the ortho clinic at the hospital near us, they at least said they won't be around until the 2nd of next year.

My old knee is hurting , no idea why now, probably this damp weather and chilly air?

Maybe  I need to think about the SW US again?

Never hurt in that dry heat.

All good, I can wait but I'm starting to think , they really don't care about us at all.

( Always knew that but now it's hitting home) If need be, I can dig out the heavy guns, my oxy.

My husband is also getting tired of things. He says he now remembers why he left here years ago and never looked back.

Not that the US is any better but at least they will send you on down the line or leave a professional message to let you know you're on your own.

Most of the cooking oil isn't good for you anyways.
I'm not sure if they are limting buying olive oil or coconut oils.
Just the old soy and corn oils from what I see.
Sugar, I use about 1/2 tsp. a day in coffee sometimes a tiny bit in a sauce but we have really cut back on using sugar.
I personally can't wait until this year and this ,"holiday" stuff is done with.
Not against people having fun but we've been trying to ring up our GP for 2 weeks now. No answer and no message on their end .
I find that really rude for a doctor to not leave a message for their patients as to when they will reopen and where else to call while they are out.
Called the ortho clinic at the hospital near us, they at least said they won't be around until the 2nd of next year.
My old knee is hurting , no idea why now, probably this damp weather and chilly air?
Maybe I need to think about the SW US again?
Never hurt in that dry heat.
All good, I can wait but I'm starting to think , they really don't care about us at all.
( Always knew that but now it's hitting home) If need be, I can dig out the heavy guns, my oxy.
My husband is also getting tired of things. He says he now remembers why he left here years ago and never looked back.
Not that the US is any better but at least they will send you on down the line or leave a professional message to let you know you're on your own.
-@Marilyn Tassy

I agree, I want the holidays to be over but I say that every year. I was planning on doing so much but now I've got a cold which is completely messing up my plans. I had so many ideas of things to catch up with.

Sugar I'm vehemently against or really carbs. And fat. Unless it's a keto diet.  As I'm a diabetic, sugar is like injecting heroin (well, not really but sort of if you know what I mean). I think the food manufacturers need to be up in court on charges for rotting people's teeth and causing obesity.  People think sugar causes diabetes but actually it's a physiological problem of insulin production and absorption.

Are you sure you cannot get hold of the GP online?  Mrs F manages her Mum's healthcare appointments online.  Not that it's much good as the GP is an awkward so and so.

The only thing about the US is the healthcare costs. Those are insane.  We could never move there and at my age, I couldn't be bothered. I hate OV and his ways but he's not going to live forever and eventually he'll be out and sanity will return to the country. I do think of us leaving for a while though, maybe to Spain. But it's unlikely due to stupid Brexit.

I made the dog sniff the baby shampoo and she ran away. Doesn't like it at all. Haha, tough luck doggio!

We looked online, didn't see any thing about contacting them.

It's OK, I will contact them on the 2nd.

I'm seeing an ortho doc mid Jan. at least I was able to make an appointment.

Probably just need a shot of cortisone. Or a shot ! You just need a referal from your GP before seeing the ortho. They never make things easy do they?

My friend in AZ was saying their old dog needs to be put down soon.

They live a good 90 mins out of town and the poor old dog freaks out in the car.

They don't want to distress him before putting him down at the vets so her husband mentioned taking him outside and doing an ,"ol'Yeller" on him.

Using his 38.

I told her not to do that but if her husband wouldn't mind, he could shoot me if my knee doesn't get better! ( dark humor)

They will spring and call a vet to their home when the time comes.

That's going to cost a pretty penny or two.

We looked online, didn't see any thing about contacting them.
It's OK, I will contact them on the 2nd.
I'm seeing an ortho doc mid Jan. at least I was able to make an appointment.
Probably just need a shot of cortisone. Or a shot ! You just need a referal from your GP before seeing the ortho. They never make things easy do they?
My friend in AZ was saying their old dog needs to be put down soon.
They live a good 90 mins out of town and the poor old dog freaks out in the car.
They don't want to distress him before putting him down at the vets so her husband mentioned taking him outside and doing an ,"ol'Yeller" on him.
Using his 38.
I told her not to do that but if her husband wouldn't mind, he could shoot me if my knee doesn't get better! ( dark humor)
They will spring and call a vet to their home when the time comes.
That's going to cost a pretty penny or two.
-@Marilyn Tassy

I think my MIL is registered in some system but I don't know anything about it.  I will find out.   It's usual to see the GP before referrals.  It's quite annoying because they become the gatekeepers to treatment.

I am not sure if I could dispatch our dog.  I can just imagine her looking up with her soppy ears back and her big brown eyes.    Maybe the AZ dog will just fade away under its own steam.

@Marilyn Tassy

anniversary-8.gif