Absolutely Anything Else

Does anyone know what they are building IN the lake at Balatonfoldvar?
We can see large amounts of stone piled up IN the lake.
It could be a new harbour.
-@fluffy2560

It's a new Marina with 175 berths.
-@SimCityAT

I see.

Got a link to this news?

The previous marina building was recently refurbished. The new marina is some distance away on the other side of a park. Someone is going to be annoyed about it.

Not keen on overdevelopment on the lake shore.

-@fluffy2560

-@SimCityAT

I see.

Got a link to this news?

The previous marina building was recently refurbished. The new marina is some distance away on the other side of a park. Someone is going to be annoyed about it.

-@fluffy2560

https://wunderbarerbalaton.de/nachrichten/schifffahrt/am-west-strand-nyugati-strand-von-balatonfoeldvar-wird-ein-jachthafen-mit-175-liegeplaetzen-gebaut

-@fluffy2560

-@SimCityAT

I see.

Got a link to this news?

-@fluffy2560

https://wunderbarerbalaton.de/nachrichten/schifffahrt/am-west-strand-nyugati-strand-von-balatonfoeldvar-wird-ein-jachthafen-mit-175-liegeplaetzen-gebaut
-@SimCityAT

Hmm....I can see people didn't like the idea.  I don't suppose they'll fill in the old harbour.  There's far too much building work going on around the lake.

The plastic I can believe but it sounds like fake news about the chicken bits. It makes no sense to do that. Cost of shipping would be insane.

-@fluffy2560
It is really true and it is not so expensive to ship frozen chicken pieces. This article refers to it https://www.ghanaiantimes.com.gh/over-6 … -unhappy/. The chicken feet are still mainly going to China. Looks like they like that.
-@nz7521137

Ghana article doesn't say the chicken bits are coming from Europe. I reckon it's all processed into animal feed and not shipped to Africa.

On the other hand, we used to see grapes from India and South America in supermarkets. Makes you wonder about the unit costs of doing that.

And fields are full of grapes in HU.  Mrs F and I have discussed this before. Wrong kind of eating grapes in HU apparently.

The plastic I can believe but it sounds like fake news about the chicken bits. It makes no sense to do that. Cost of shipping would be insane.

-@fluffy2560
It is really true and it is not so expensive to ship frozen chicken pieces. This article refers to it https://www.ghanaiantimes.com.gh/over-6 … -unhappy/. The chicken feet are still mainly going to China. Looks like they like that.
-@nz7521137

Ghana article doesn't say the chicken bits are coming from Europe. I reckon it's all processed into animal feed and not shipped to Africa.

On the other hand, we used to see grapes from India and South America in supermarkets. Makes you wonder about the unit costs of doing that.

And fields are full of grapes in HU. Mrs F and I have discussed this before. Wrong kind of eating grapes in HU apparently.
-@fluffy2560

I worked in a pet food plant when I was a student all the meat came from the abattoir next door.

AI increasingly used by students to do their school work and many teachers can't tell
The survey of 500 secondary school teachers revealed that 41% believe there needs to be better regulation of AI with 31% wanting the government to step in to police its use.
skynews-students-laptops-computer_6066593.jpg?20230223072242
-@SimCityAT

I think the current crop of AIs (Bing this and ChatGPT that) are rubbish. More like linguistic platforms than true intelligences.

I'm wondering how the court cases are going - where human created text is being used to train AI engines and therefore infringe on the intellectual property of the original authors. Plenty of schadenfreude there against the AI authors. Looks like a case to answer.

I am wondering if the headline is the other way, how many AIs are being trained by students and the AIs cannot tell any difference between themselves.

I found this brain wave inspired Pink Floyd music interesting.

I worked in a pet food plant when I was a student all the meat came from the abattoir next door.
-@SimCityAT

Was it like mashed up, separated and extruded into meat like sausage lumps?

-@SimCityAT
-@fluffy2560

They just went into big grinders 7 mixers, bones and all.

-@SimCityAT
-@fluffy2560

They just went into big grinders 7 mixers, bones and all.
-@SimCityAT

And rendered to separate out "juices", then the solids tinned with dollop of liquid?

-@fluffy2560

Yawn. https://tradingeconomics.com/european-u … eat-offal. You reckon wrong.

As for me I do distrust anyone who by the apperance (dressing, car, on hand gadgets, jewellery, etc) seems to be loaded.,
In most cases they are either good in wasteing money, or it is a showcase, or simply snob.
-@sjbabilon5

You missed out one other option. 

If they have bling (expensive jewellery or fancy watches) and they are public servants, there's a chance they are corrupt.

I meet a lot of civil servants through my work and usually I look at their clothes, their watches and their jewellery.  Out of all of them, for men, it's the watches which give things away. A civil servant on $1500 a month is unlikely to be able to afford a $25K Rolex or $5K Breitling. There are numerous cases of fancy watches giving away a dictator or dodgy politician's wealth. It happens all the time (click here if interested enough). Handbags worth checking on for women. That's more likely to be bling worthy than a watch.

Today I had on my $100 watch and a $4 T-shirt from Primark (UK chain also found in Austria and Germany).  While there's a lot wrong with Meta, there's nothing wrong with Zuckerburg's thrift. Or Steve Jobs. Apparently he didn't like spending money on appearances either.
-@fluffy2560

Yes you are right.

For example in the Arabic culture that is typhical to gift overly expensive watches for males. So it is a good indicator where someone stands in service of certain rich leaders.

Women are different - where apperance of wealth can mean others as well.

If they have 100 expensive handbag that probably just means they did meet some 100 simp-incels who spend on them and get nothing. Or they did "diswashing" in Austria which is a codeword for Hungarian low quality prostitutes there in the Prater who steal from customers.

Or no more line of credit remains in their credit cards.

-@fluffy2560
Yawn. https://tradingeconomics.com/european-u … eat-offal. You reckon wrong.
-@nz7521137

Link didn't work.

@fluffy2560https://tradingeconomics.com/european-u … orts/ghana

I know quite a few people that have expensive watches. The advantage is that one can enjoy them for 20 years and they still have their value. It is similar with some handbags (e.g. Hermes). I wear an over 20 years old Omega Seamaster and it would sell at more money today than I bought it for. Nothing wrong with that. People that by at Primark also accept the way those clothes are made and that these obsolete (new or used) ones go back to the "rubbish tip" Africa. I prefer having less, but of good to excellent quality. However, to each his/her own.
  -@nz7521137

Omega Seamaster is a nice watch. But that's not blingy enough for some people and countries. They want to show what many Western people would call bad taste. Like having a gold plated AK-47.  There are some houses in my village that a decorated with fake Roman columns and statues of Aphrodite etc. All bling and no taste. Not the height of chic but the height of kitsch.

Old clothes don't always go to Africa these days as that's rather discredited. Having had to dispose of quite a lot of clothing recently, we were surprised to find they are recycling them into paper and cardboard. 

I do look at the labels and I always get nervous when I see a Made in Bangladesh label on a $4 T-shirt.  Conditions there for garment workers are not that good.
-@fluffy2560

Yeah.

@nz7521137

You talk about quality and something which is long lasting/ reliable.

Yes those products worth it.

But @fluffy2560 + me talk about luxury for luxury.

My example:

Many of the very old nokias which capable to hold 10 sms, and no connection (net) of any sort for cc. 20$ just as secure as some golden-gemstone decored shiny-new secure smart device for:

Black Diamond iPhone 5 – $15.9 million

-@nz7521137

There must be more to that statistic.

-@nz7521137

-@fluffy2560

There is. You can drill down into the details of each line item.

-@nz7521137

-@fluffy2560
-@nz7521137

I realise that you can click on it but it doesn't say what the products will be used for.

Offal could mean many different things as far as final processing would be concerned.

-@nz7521137

-@fluffy2560
-@nz7521137

I realise that you can click on it but it doesn't say what the products will be used for.

Offal could mean many different things as far as final processing would be concerned.
-@fluffy2560

May I remind you that you said "Ghana article doesn't say the chicken bits are coming from Europe. I reckon it's all processed into animal feed and not shipped to Africa.".

-@nz7521137

-@fluffy2560
-@nz7521137

-@fluffy2560
May I remind you that you said "Ghana article doesn't say the chicken bits are coming from Europe. I reckon it's all processed into animal feed and not shipped to Africa.".
-@nz7521137

Yes, I did say that.  I count this as a process of fact finding, discovery and discussion. I put forward a premise and you refuted it.  Fine. There's no binary answer currently and may never be.  We're in divergence to encompass all the information and then we'll converge to an answer.  It's not oneupmanship (shouldn't be anyway).  That's all until we or one of us gets bored and wants to move on from chicken offal.

Barbie update:

It's worth seeing. It's definitely not for kids under about 12. It's really a preachy social satire with a feminist message. 

Margot Robbie has cemented now her place in movie history and will forever now be Barbie. Ryan Gosling is good too as is the rest of the cast. All the cast are essentially playing different versions of Barbie and Ken. Songs and dancing are good - Dua Lipa deserves to be a star.

Overall it's a very imaginative piece of work. I am in admiration how the writers and director are able to create, interpret and stretch such a story out of a toy's place in society. 

I don't think it deserves to be a $1Billion+ movie but it is.

Apparently they are working on Barbie 2.

(p.s. I've got to get an angle to blackmail the Fluffy family to see Oppenheimer - we've been silly seeing Barbie, now we can be serious with Oppenheimer).

-@nz7521137

-@fluffy2560
-@nz7521137

-@fluffy2560
-@nz7521137

Yes, I did say that. I count this as a process of fact finding, discovery and discussion. I put forward a premise and you refuted it. Fine. There's no binary answer currently and may never be.
-@fluffy2560

1f602.svg There is a binary answer, but it means that you were wrong. Nothing bad about this. It happens. Maybe next time you find a topic where you know better. I won't be offended.

1f602.svg There is a binary answer, but it means that you were wrong. Nothing bad about this. It happens. Maybe next time you find a topic where you know better. I won't be offended.
-@nz7521137

Haha, you're a funny guy.  Did you ever work in or study management professionally?   

Or have you seen the film Matilda?

Just to remind you about trolling. This thread (which I created BTW) is for any subject. Right or wrong, it's mostly a free for all.  And nothing is off topic. You're entitled to poke holes in anything anyone says but that said, it's not a competition over right and wrong.  People are entitled to challenge you back so long as they do it legitimately and in good humour. The ideal style for here is to engage a la Reader's Digest style homely anecdotes. 

As for chicken offal, I'm not satisfied. I need more details on where this offal is going.  Please contact the Ghanians and find out more information.  I need this information from the Ministry of Agriculture and others mentioned in various articls. Maybe a FoI request? Present your research systematically and include at least one an Excel spreadsheet including a graph and I'll mark it when I have time.  If I and others are satisfied, you can reward yourself by having a donut with a candle on it and a create a sash with Chicken Brained Expert written on it.  Post a picture of the donut/candle and yourself wearing the sash.

@fluffy2560 It is lovely to see how full of yourself you are? I can really understand that Hungary waited for somebody like you to come along 1f923.svg.

The conflict between anyone STOPS now!

img_2499.gif

Threads have already been closed and deleted and I am damned about to let this one be closed.

Can I remind members that the Hungary forum as is every other is a public forum and not a private members club? No one is better than the other, so it doesn't matter what nationality someone comes from and posts, we are treated, and respected equally.

For your information, I have informed the Admin team of this post. Behave!!

Hello everyone,

SimCityAT has effectively covered all the necessary points.

However, I would like to remind you that our purpose here is not to determine who is right or who is wrong.

The thread's title grants all of you the freedom to engage in conversations about Absolutely Anything Else, but let's bear in mind the importance of maintaining a respectful and friendly tone in your interactions.

I hope I can count on you. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

The conflict between anyone STOPS now!
img_2499.gif
Threads have already been closed and deleted and I am damned about to let this one be closed.
Can I remind members that the Hungary forum as is every other is a public forum and not a private members club? No one is better than the other, so it doesn't matter what nationality someone comes from and posts, we are treated, and respected equally.

For your information, I have informed the Admin team of this post. Behave!!
-@SimCityAT

You are quite right.  Sometimes - it appears - we forget ourselves.

I've been away -- what did I miss? 1f601.svg

We need more of the Aloha spirit.

I've been going against myself by watching news coverage of Maui.

I've mentioned we used to live on Maui and our son was born there.

I have a speacial place in my heart for the Island.

Not a big fan of the Big Island but Maui really was /is special.

Always very expensive and people always shared and helped each other.

I remember one day as we left our apt. Every door had 2 pineapples placed outside as a giflt.

Someone actually took the time to place them at every door.

Never looking to be praised for it either.

Just yesterday I was comparing the attudes of SOME people here in Hungary and Hawaii.

I used a cane yesterday although my funky knees have been better. Just a procaution in my healing faze to bring the stick along.

2 young men forced me to stop cold because they had no social skills and walked right across my path. So much for helping an old lady cross the street!

Then I watched the news from Maui about a handicapped older lady in a wheelchair and her daughter.

A very fit young man came along. He could of easily just saved himself by jumping into the harbor but no.

He stopped picked up the old granny ( looked like a good 200lbs of lady) and carried her on his back into the water. He stayed with them for 8 hours to make sure they survived.

He could of swam off by the looks of him and made it to the other side of the Isalnd without skipping a beat.

People seem to not be teaching their children to care about anyone but themselves and society will be paying the price.

When I see these random acts of kindness from Hawaii, I really do miss the place.

If we leave Hungary I sometimes think I'll only miss seeing the old buldings not the people so much.Now that is really sad.

We need more of the Aloha spirit.
I've been going against myself by watching news coverage of Maui.
I've mentioned we used to live on Maui and our son was born there.
I have a speacial place in my heart for the Island.
Not a big fan of the Big Island but Maui really was /is special.
Always very expensive and people always shared and helped each other.
I remember one day as we left our apt. Every door had 2 pineapples placed outside as a giflt.
Someone actually took the time to place them at every door.
Never looking to be praised for it either.
Just yesterday I was comparing the attudes of SOME people here in Hungary and Hawaii.
I used a cane yesterday although my funky knees have been better. Just a procaution in my healing faze to bring the stick along.
2 young men forced me to stop cold because they had no social skills and walked right across my path. So much for helping an old lady cross the street!
Then I watched the news from Maui about a handicapped older lady in a wheelchair and her daughter.
A very fit young man came along. He could of easily just saved himself by jumping into the harbor but no.
He stopped picked up the old granny ( looked like a good 200lbs of lady) and carried her on his back into the water. He stayed with them for 8 hours to make sure they survived.
He could of swam off by the looks of him and made it to the other side of the Isalnd without skipping a beat.
People seem to not be teaching their children to care about anyone but themselves and society will be paying the price.
When I see these random acts of kindness from Hawaii, I really do miss the place.
If we leave Hungary I sometimes think I'll only miss seeing the old buldings not the people so much.Now that is really sad.
-@Marilyn Tassy

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Marilyn.

There's not so much community spirit as there used to be and so much  division.  In Maui or anywhere else.   I've always liked that idea of continuity and community in village life.   As I've got older, i like the idea even more.  Harder of course in a city but still possible in a large building or street.  Or even in a forum like this one - it's a kind of community.

I do feel for the victims of the town destroyed.  There's a BBC news item on some of the victims where they give a mini-biography on a few.  None of them deserved to die like that. 

What I find hard to comprehend is the actions of the authorities. Apparently the warning sirens didn't go off, there was no management of the brush surrounding the town so fuel was available to sustain the wildfire and probably no evacuation plan.   Someone dropped the ball putting together high winds and wildfires equals disaster. 

I do serioulsy wonder if this was on purpose.

I know when I lived in Hilo we were expecting a tsunami.

We lived high up on a mountain ( fantastic view of the ocean every morning from the living room) I drove down the hill trying to get into Hilo.

I had no idea there was a warning going on. Couldn't hear anything from so high up. I was stopped at the bottom of the st. and heard the alarm going off. As it turned out we got hit by about a 6 inch wave... still things could of been like in 1960 when 61 people including a school class were washed away.

Someone defo dropped the ball on  this horror show.

I do serioulsy wonder if this was on purpose.
I know when I lived in Hilo we were expecting a tsunami.
We lived high up on a mountain ( fantastic view of the ocean every morning from the living room) I drove down the hill trying to get into Hilo.
I had no idea there was a warning going on. Couldn't hear anything from so high up. I was stopped at the bottom of the st. and heard the alarm going off. As it turned out we got hit by about a 6 inch wave... still things could of been like in 1960 when 61 people including a school class were washed away.
Someone defo dropped the ball on this horror show.
-@Marilyn Tassy

Maybe someone owned the land and wanted to redevelop it.  But that sounds a bit extreme to burn it down and kill a lot of people.  But when there's money involved. ...

Someone in the UK burnt down a historic pub and flattened it in a few hours without permission from the local government.  There's going to be a police investigation on that one.  They know it was arson. Apparently the demolition crew was already hired. And someone had piled dirt at the access road entry points to stop the fire service putting the fire out!  Something smells and it's not burnt wood!

BTW, I watched the movie The Descendants again.  It's set in Hawaii.   It was actually quite good. Better than I remembered it.  George Clooney is a great actor.   I'd almost compare him to Cary Grant.  George is also rather left wing and his Mrs is a well known British human rights lawyer.  So for me, he ticks a lot of boxes. 

I've been away -- what did I miss? 1f601.svg
-@Vicces1

Where do we start?

The great chicken offal kerfuffle or Barbie or the fire in Maui?

Some say it was DEW, directed energy weapons.

Almost like the fire in Paradise , Ca. Now they went for the real Paradise?

Many of thoe properties were generations old. The locals couldn't afford to buy them now.

Think I heard the avverage home was over 1.2 million, those must of been a hut, they cost a ton over there.

Having people like Oprha and Fleetwood moving in made prices go up higher.

Think they did more harm then good going over.

I checked out the rents on our old apt. in Kahalui awhile ago.

They are well over $2,500 a month and it's a very old complex now, must be 50 years old.

They say now it is a low income housing unit!

Some say it was DEW, directed energy weapons.
Almost like the fire in Paradise , Ca. Now they went for the real Paradise?
Many of thoe properties were generations old. The locals couldn't afford to buy them now.
Think I heard the avverage home was over 1.2 million, those must of been a hut, they cost a ton over there.
Having people like Oprha and Fleetwood moving in made prices go up higher.
Think they did more harm then good going over.
I checked out the rents on our old apt. in Kahalui awhile ago.
They are well over $2,500 a month and it's a very old complex now, must be 50 years old.
They say now it is a low income housing unit!
-@Marilyn Tassy

I don't think they'd need sci-fi weapons.  A cigarette lighter and can of petrol would do.

In The Descendants, all of the property they discuss (it's a core plot aspect) is centuries old or owned for generations through their Hawaiian royal ancestors.

I know from other islands further West, land ownership is a very serious and contentious issue.   Some islands have so many owners, it's impossible to do any development.  Or towns are squashed into small overcrowded areas because large chunks of land on the boundary are leased by others.  Same on some Caribbean islands.

It is sort of strange though how percise the burn was.

All the Billionair homes were spared.

I've heard reports that people tried to hose down their homes but the water was turned off.

Now if that's true, it's criminal.

Rents all over the Island are going to raise because of more demand.

On another note, my husband saw that by 2030 the EU will force property owners inside the EU to upgrade their properties. No more gas heaters, new electric and new appliances that are up to new energy codes.

Another way for people to be forced to sell out?

He also read just this morning that by Feb. 1 2024 property owners in Hungary need to do an electronic signiture register with the city hall and have it on file for any sales.

I noticed last night that the men's ward in the drunk tank is nw full of women.

Their lights were on and I could see a women sitting on a bed, other beds were unmade and empty.

My husband ( not a perv) looked in the morning and thought they were immigrants, they all seemed middle eastern. Maybe they are now housing people in that hospital?

Very odd. Right after he looked they switched their lights of ASAP. Kept them off too.

Maybe it doens't mean anything but we like to be aware of our surroundings.

Many agendas going on at one time.

Well, off to the dentist today, the fun never ends...

I've heard reports that people tried to hose down their homes but the water was turned off.
On another note, my husband saw that by 2030 the EU will force property owners inside the EU to upgrade their properties. No more gas heaters, new electric and new appliances that are up to new energy codes.
-@Marilyn Tassy

As you have lived in Hawaii you must know better than anybody else what has been going on. Using fires to clear land for development isn't all that new. I believe that this also happened in Greece or on some Greek islands. It is really tragic (and possibly criminal as you say).

Regarding upgrading properties in the EU I wouldn't be so sure that what's cooked in Brussels is eaten in the individual countries. In many EU countries (e.g. Germany) most apartments are privately owned. This means that the government can request whatever they want and then put pressure on especially small owners to implement. The big owners (e.g. Vonovia) resist and might still request changes. They have actually stopped many projects in times when more housing is required. In Austria "the government" owns lots of apartments (>200k in Vienna alone) and the owner might just not have the money to implement the legislation.

You are fortunate that Hungary has many very good (and good value) dental clinics. My wife recently had a crown really well done for a third of the price in Portugal.

He also read just this morning that by Feb. 1 2024 property owners in Hungary need to do an electronic signiture register with the city hall and have it on file for any sales.
I noticed last night that the men's ward in the drunk tank is nw full of women.
Their lights were on and I could see a women sitting on a bed, other beds were unmade and empty.
My husband ( not a perv) looked in the morning and thought they were immigrants, they all seemed middle eastern. Maybe they are now housing people in that hospital?
Very odd. Right after he looked they switched their lights of ASAP. Kept them off too.
Maybe it doens't mean anything but we like to be aware of our surroundings.
Many agendas going on at one time.
-@Marilyn Tassy

I just read the Head of Emergency Management on Maui had resigned for health reasons. He apparently had no qualifications for the job.

You'd have thought anyone taking that job would have been straight on a training course or would make sure there were a number of existing and experienced deputies who knew what to do and could take initiative. 

Woe betide an officer who doesn't listen to his sergeants/NCOs. You get that "banged into your head" in the military.

Looks like our dentist has retired as he went on holiday. I've never known him to take holiday - ever!

It wouldn't be surprised if they were using existing buildings for asylum seekers/refugees. They could give some of them jobs.  Plenty of them will be qualified.  They are moving towards that in the UK as it's impossible to stop the tide.

On a similar theme, I've just read on one of the HU web sites that some HU towns are planning to recruit Filipino bus drivers as no HU citizens are available to do the work. So much for stopping immigration. Filipino people are lovely people. I've worked there.

On a similar theme, I've just read on one of the HU web sites that some HU towns are planning to recruit Filipino bus drivers as no HU citizens are available to do the work. So much for stopping immigration. Filipino people are lovely people. I've worked there.
-@fluffy2560

Always the same spin from you. 1f602.svg. HU and other EU countries have never stopped "legal" immigration. Many countries, and HU seemingly as well, are trying to recruit outside the EU to find skilled labour that only needs some language training before starting a job. The problem is with "illegal" immigration where random people are showing up expecting to be "entertained".

You both have a different yet vaild way of seeing things.

Might be ,"their" big plan,divid and rule?

I'm always trying to stay on the fence.

I'm a person who wishes to not get attached to the material world, although I admit it is not easy to do. I get more attached to people then things.

It's interesting that one of the top people on Maui, think cheif of police was also in office in Las Vegas when they had that horrible mass shooting a couple years back at that concert.

Interesting...

On Hilo I knew a Phillipino lady from my gym who I gave a ride home to once.

She worked in some gov. job but holy moly, not kidding, I couldn't understand one word she said. I could understand HUngarians who just arrived in the US with their broken English much better then any word she said.

She on the sly told me one of her relatives got her that great paying job which she obviously was not even slightly quailified for.

That to is the Island style. I learned really quickly to never say anything negative about anyone because everyone over their is a cousin or auntie to someone.

I have no doubt the Emergency Managment

officer wasn't even qualified to pick up dog droppings. There is an art to even doing that!

Won't get into it but I know from outside knowledge that there is a way to pick that up nice and tidy.

I may share that tale some other time...

The dentist was great today in and done within 20 mins! They refused any graft too.

I know tipping isn't allowed here now but my dentist was a hold over... guess he has changed her ways?

Back to cheif of plice... My niecde in N. Ca. was dating a guy after she became a young widow.

Some smaller town in N. Ca. He was both the chief of police and the chief of the fire dept.

Man, he was pulling in nearly $300,000 a year and seemed to have plenty of extra time to mess around on his wife.

Yes, my niece was a family wrecker, but not really. Guess this dudes wife was used to his ways. She was handicapped and wouldn;t let him divorce here because she also loved his money.

My niece woke up thankfully and let him go.

Easy money for him he sounded like a real POS.Opps, meant to say piece of work.

-@Marilyn Tassy

To be honest that particular: "tend for yourself" / take care of yourself / insure yourself is more of an US thing, but I can agree with that principle - much more than the European one (aka: extensive state).

But partly also can agree with:

Help the ones (in an effective level - no celling) who TEMPORARY in bad situation untill they can get on feet again.

For example: unemployed, some homeless (off course not the addicts, but like the ones who end up there because divorce), and any other who can be a productive one in any given society.

My mentality is:

Help the ones who can became better  or who manage regardless.

Examples:

• Who have a broken leg gets my seat offered in transportation (as it is a temporary thing).
  • Who lost a hand (like in an accident) but regardless did not fall into despear/ pity himself can offered a job and support.

But the opposite also exist:

• Just because someone old/ pensioners never gets my seat offered, and also I am strongly against the "Absurdistan" (aka: Hungary) regulation which offer free poublic transport for the 70+ years olds.
  • Who have a birth defect - that is the only one case where I can support abortion (pro sense instead pro life), but if parents choose not to they should get exactly 0 support from state nor any public fuinds, and some extra social security contriution cost as they decided to burden society/ care systems with additional problems.