Absolutely Anything Else

This thread is indeed on anything else, I try to avoid this thread, I like concrete topics where I can look into. Does not really matter, I can choose the topic, but with everything else. this is massive (too massive for me).

This thread is indeed on anything else, I try to avoid this thread, I like concrete topics where I can look into. Does not really matter, I can choose the topic, but with everything else. this is massive (too massive for me).

-@cdw057

It is - of course - up to you.   

But here, nothing is off topic so the moderators will only intervene if there's something inherently abusive, aggressive or unacceptable.

You can muse on anything you like - someone should respond with a thought about it. 

Everyone has their own internal dialogue/monologue conversation going on in their minds. I was reading about that the other day  I've got a constant stream of stuff going through my head and apparently so do other people.  So, it's wherever that wind blows and whatever takes your fancy.

One could think about it as a few folks around a table in the pub chewing over anything subject at all.  There's always a lot to talk about.  And as this is all online there is no problem with silences as well.

This thread is indeed on anything else, I try to avoid this thread, I like concrete topics where I can look into. Does not really matter, I can choose the topic, but with everything else. this is massive (too massive for me).         -@cdw057

It is - of course - up to you.   

But here, nothing is off topic so the moderators will only intervene if there's something inherently abusive, aggressive or unacceptable.

You can muse on anything you like - someone should respond with a thought about it. 

Everyone has their own internal dialogue/monologue conversation going on in their minds. I was reading about that the other day  I've got a constant stream of stuff going through my head and apparently so do other people.  So, it's wherever that wind blows and whatever takes your fancy.

One could think about it as a few folks around a table in the pub chewing over anything subject at all.  There's always a lot to talk about.  And as this is all online there is no problem with silences as well.

-@fluffy2560

Its more of a general chit chat, that doesn't need its own thread with its own question.

I just turned on my computer and noticed some news about 115 people dying in Russia.
I will check out the news later, sad stuff.
I dreamt about Princess Catherine last night.
IDK anything really but I had a gut feeling for awhile that she had cancer.
I thought she most likely had an infection like sepsis in hospital and that was why she was in there so long.
It is really a shame.
She has lovely hair, hope it grows back fast if she does lose some of it.
My brother was on some strong chemo but he did not lose his hair.
He was on Flofox and then was put on another strong one a 5 FU type. Funny how the nickname is FU! It has a real kick to it!
I had only 5 doses of a 5 FU and it almost killed me off, allergic to it.
Perhaps with such high profile people like Kate and the King, more will be done in the way of cancer research.
I swear IDK why they have not found a cure yet.
I know the King has his own organic garden where he even has fresh items flown to other estates daily when he is in residence. Must be the bad air we all are forced to live with?
I do hope people leave her alone and let her heal in peace.
We spent a few hours today going from stall to stall at the farmers market.
The place was packed with shoppers.
Everyone getting ready for the upcoming long holidays weekend.
Not much in the way of fresh green for sale.

-@Marilyn Tassy

Yes, the Crocus City Hall massacre in Moscow will go down in infamy along with the others.  Of course Putin blames Ukraine.  It's an opportunity for Putin to blame the Ukrainians so I guess for him, there's an upside.  Who would believe that! It's got to be Islamic State or Chechens or similar.  Well, I feel sorry for all the victims both for being shot up by terrorists and all the other Russians who are sucked into Putin's narrative. He doesn't care anyway, it's all collateral damage for the Fatherland.

Easter will soon be upon us.  It won't make any difference to me. It'll just be a blur of DIY, domestic stuff and work to do. I just finished building some wardrobes (closets) last night at 9pm. It's just one job down. Except the shops will be closed Friday, Sunday and Monday.  Should be open Saturday.   I suppose we should stock up.  Or more precisely have a clear out and tidy up.  We're always tidying up.  I hope the rain holds off as I have garden plans.

Mrs F was looking at Princess Kate's hair and thought it was a wig.  But I think she might not have lost her locks.  Kate has fantastic hair.  According to oncologists interviewed on the radio, some chemo apparently has advanced sufficiently that nausea and hair loss does not have to happen.  It did happen to my brother but they irradiated his head to reduce his brain tumour.  He had luxurious hair like many of us in the Fluffy family.   He ended up with a mohican which was kind of semi-fashionable but not generally his style.  He didn't have chance to embrace his new look unfortunately.  Chemo is definitely FU. 

As for the King, I suppose if he had sufficient good genes from his Mum  (Queen Liz), then he's got every chance of reaching his 90s.  They will of course be able to afford the best health care at the best private hospitals anywhere in the world with vegetables flown in from Charlie HQ.  But even the royal thing isn't going to save them if their number's up.   

I do feel sorry for Kate though, she's only early 40s with little kids.

Yes, the Crocus City Hall massacre in Moscow will go down in infamy along with the others.  Of course Putin blames Ukraine.  It's an opportunity for Putin to blame the Ukrainians so I guess for him, there's an upside.      -@fluffy2560

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ … ims-putin/

The US said “Ukraine had absolutely nothing to do with these events”, while Kyiv went further and accused Russian special forces of staging the attack as a provocation.
“The Russian regime has a long history of bloody provocations by its special services,” the Ukrainian foreign ministry said in a statement. “There are no red lines for Putin's dictatorship. It is ready to kill its own citizens for political purposes.”

Don't forget to mention Ukraine blames Moscow.

In other words, both sides are using mass killings for hoped political advantage.

Pretty disgusting stuff, so I stand disinterested in supporting either set of useless gits.

Yes, the Crocus City Hall massacre in Moscow will go down in infamy along with the others.  Of course Putin blames Ukraine.  It's an opportunity for Putin to blame the Ukrainians so I guess for him, there's an upside.      -@fluffy2560https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ … ims-putin/The US said “Ukraine had absolutely nothing to do with these events”, while Kyiv went further and accused Russian special forces of staging the attack as a provocation.“The Russian regime has a long history of bloody provocations by its special services,” the Ukrainian foreign ministry said in a statement. “There are no red lines for Putin's dictatorship. It is ready to kill its own citizens for political purposes.”Don't forget to mention Ukraine blames Moscow.In other words, both sides are using mass killings for hoped political advantage.Pretty disgusting stuff, so I stand disinterested in supporting either set of useless gits.        -@Fred

I did read a few accounts of the fallout.  Of course Putin will blame Ukraine. It could be false flag but that seems a little crazy.  Before the "election" would have given Putin 100%, not that it matters.   

Russians are of course heavily active via "Wagner" or their own military in Africa and conducting a war there in exchange for mineral resources.  That's likely to have annoyed ISIS-K and their compatriots out that way or wherever as much as anything. 

They also said the perps were Tajiks.  That's possible, what with Afghanistan having a border with Tajikistan.  I've been to Dushanbe quite a few times. It's run with a iron fist by the local strongman President, so possibly yes, they could be Tajiks who are somehow connected up there.  Any threat by Tajik insurgents within Tajikistan is squashed immediately and brutally. 

I don't believe they captured the four perps, they just grabbed some random people from their list of hapless suckers.  It's all made up.  And they did it for money? Gimme a break.

They'll be guilty anyway and accidentally fall out of high rise buildings or suddenly die while taking a walk in the prison grounds. 

Putin needed to say they'd caught them otherwise he'd be up for criticism he cannot control.  He seems to be able to hide 500K dead and injured in Ukraine but he's not going to be able to keep a lid on the Crocus deaths.  People might be becoming more more vocal about him.  He cannot even keep Russians safe at home.

In Putin's ideal world, we'd have never even heard about this attack.

IRussians are of course heavily active via "Wagner" or their own military in Africa and conducting a war there in exchange for mineral resources.  That's likely to have annoyed ISIS-K and their compatriots out that way or wherever as much as anything. 

In Putin's ideal world, we'd have never even heard about this attack.

-@fluffy2560

You mean like operation menu?

I just turned on my computer and noticed some news about 115 people dying in Russia.I will check out the news later, sad stuff.I dreamt about Princess Catherine last night.IDK anything really but I had a gut feeling for awhile that she had cancer.I thought she most likely had an infection like sepsis in hospital and that was why she was in there so long.It is really a shame.She has lovely hair, hope it grows back fast if she does lose some of it.My brother was on some strong chemo but he did not lose his hair.He was on Flofox and then was put on another strong one a 5 FU type. Funny how the nickname is FU! It has a real kick to it!I had only 5 doses of a 5 FU and it almost killed me off, allergic to it.Perhaps with such high profile people like Kate and the King, more will be done in the way of cancer research.I swear IDK why they have not found a cure yet.I know the King has his own organic garden where he even has fresh items flown to other estates daily when he is in residence. Must be the bad air we all are forced to live with?I do hope people leave her alone and let her heal in peace.We spent a few hours today going from stall to stall at the farmers market.The place was packed with shoppers.Everyone getting ready for the upcoming long holidays weekend.Not much in the way of fresh green for sale.        -@Marilyn TassyYes, the Crocus City Hall massacre in Moscow will go down in infamy along with the others.  Of course Putin blames Ukraine.  It's an opportunity for Putin to blame the Ukrainians so I guess for him, there's an upside.  Who would believe that! It's got to be Islamic State or Chechens or similar.  Well, I feel sorry for all the victims both for being shot up by terrorists and all the other Russians who are sucked into Putin's narrative. He doesn't care anyway, it's all collateral damage for the Fatherland.Easter will soon be upon us.  It won't make any difference to me. It'll just be a blur of DIY, domestic stuff and work to do. I just finished building some wardrobes (closets) last night at 9pm. It's just one job down. Except the shops will be closed Friday, Sunday and Monday.  Should be open Saturday.   I suppose we should stock up.  Or more precisely have a clear out and tidy up.  We're always tidying up.  I hope the rain holds off as I have garden plans. Mrs F was looking at Princess Kate's hair and thought it was a wig.  But I think she might not have lost her locks.  Kate has fantastic hair.  According to oncologists interviewed on the radio, some chemo apparently has advanced sufficiently that nausea and hair loss does not have to happen.  It did happen to my brother but they irradiated his head to reduce his brain tumour.  He had luxurious hair like many of us in the Fluffy family.   He ended up with a mohican which was kind of semi-fashionable but not generally his style.  He didn't have chance to embrace his new look unfortunately.  Chemo is definitely FU.  As for the King, I suppose if he had sufficient good genes from his Mum  (Queen Liz), then he's got every chance of reaching his 90s.  They will of course be able to afford the best health care at the best private hospitals anywhere in the world with vegetables flown in from Charlie HQ.  But even the royal thing isn't going to save them if their number's up.   I do feel sorry for Kate though, she's only early 40s with little kids.        -@fluffy2560

I was looking at Kates hairline, hard to tell if it is a wig or not, I do believe it is her own head of hair though.

Chemo takes awhile to start allowing your hair to fall out.

Anywhere to 3 weeks to months post treatment even.

Not everyone loses their hair but just about everyone experiences some thinning.

Depends on what type of chemo and for how long.

I refused to shave my head, my hair loss was not too bad, cut short and wore a cap. My poor husband was always finding hair in his food , it seemed to always fall into his plate and not mine.

Sort of creepy as a women to see hundreds of strands coming out at one time.

I guess I have more hair then I thought I did because no one seemed to notice any thinning except me.

I lost a ton of weight with my illness and went into a nicer second hand shop to buy some real, skinny jeans.

did  not want to buy a brand new nice pair because I had faith I would get better and regain my lost weight.

The young HU women who owned the shop and ran it with her mother spoke very good English.

She told me she had gone through cancer treatments 3 times for female issues.

Her hair was beautiful, long and curly, just great hair. She said she had lost it all 3 times, it does grow back.

I bought a couple of wigs but never needed them.

I plan to donate them in the future when I remember to do so.

One must keep up a positive attitude even when ill.

I bought a blonde wig because they do say that blondes have more fun. Yes, like being ill is a fun time.

I made sure to think about healing, smiling and always being thankful during treatments.

At least I did not have to worry about a job or small children when sick.

My husband was and is a real trooper, I do not even remember my sick days because of him.

Not overly excited about yet another long holiday weekend.

They have no meaning to me, just a time for people to rest and reflect.

Some however see it as a holiday to over eat and drink, not to reflect on life and renewal.

IRussians are of course heavily active via "Wagner" or their own military in Africa and conducting a war there in exchange for mineral resources.  That's likely to have annoyed ISIS-K and their compatriots out that way or wherever as much as anything.  In Putin's ideal world, we'd have never even heard about this attack.        -@fluffy2560You mean like operation menu?        -@Fred

Operation menu? 

Not sure what that is.   Select your own operation from a menu? 

I was talking about Russia's involvement in Mali/the Sahel and ECOWAS countries. I haven't really been following the insurgency/wars in Africa in any detail, just news reports. Not sure why ISIS-K is attacking Russia anyway.

BTW, one report news report was that the alleged "perps" were actually heading to Belarus, not to Ukraine.  Kind of interesting they might have been able to hide in Belarus prior to their attack - assuming they are the actual attackers.  Makes one wonder if Russian can secure its own borders.  Obviously not.

I don't believe they did it for money.  They'd have to be insanely desperate to participate in such an atrocity just for a few roubles, It was rumoured to be 500K (which is about $5,5K today's money).   

p.s update, ISIS-K is about the Middle East and particularly Russia's role in Syria.

I was looking at Kates hairline, hard to tell if it is a wig or not, I do believe it is her own head of hair though.
Chemo takes awhile to start allowing your hair to fall out.
Anywhere to 3 weeks to months post treatment even.
Not everyone loses their hair but just about everyone experiences some thinning.
Depends on what type of chemo and for how long.
I refused to shave my head, my hair loss was not too bad, cut short and wore a cap. My poor husband was always finding hair in his food , it seemed to always fall into his plate and not mine.
Sort of creepy as a women to see hundreds of strands coming out at one time.
I guess I have more hair then I thought I did because no one seemed to notice any thinning except me.
I lost a ton of weight with my illness and went into a nicer second hand shop to buy some real, skinny jeans.
did  not want to buy a brand new nice pair because I had faith I would get better and regain my lost weight.
The young HU women who owned the shop and ran it with her mother spoke very good English.
She told me she had gone through cancer treatments 3 times for female issues.
Her hair was beautiful, long and curly, just great hair. She said she had lost it all 3 times, it does grow back.
I bought a couple of wigs but never needed them.
I plan to donate them in the future when I remember to do so.
One must keep up a positive attitude even when ill.
I bought a blonde wig because they do say that blondes have more fun. Yes, like being ill is a fun time.
I made sure to think about healing, smiling and always being thankful during treatments.
At least I did not have to worry about a job or small children when sick.
My husband was and is a real trooper, I do not even remember my sick days because of him.

Not overly excited about yet another long holiday weekend.
They have no meaning to me, just a time for people to rest and reflect.
Some however see it as a holiday to over eat and drink, not to reflect on life and renewal.

-@Marilyn Tassy

I reckon it's her real hair.  I don't think she'll have lost her locks yet as you say.   She's only having about 5 rounds of chemo. Seems quite a short amount of it. I reckon it's bowel cancer.  They deliberately haven't said what kind of cancer it is.

We know someone recently diagnosed with cancer and plans to shave their head.   I think would do that too - touch wood.   I used to work on an insurance project for a bit and it's what they call "dread" diseases.  If one does shave it off, people shouldn't have to ask what's wrong, they'd know.

I don't care about the long weekend.  As I more or less work from home all the time (at least at the moment), I pick my own hours and even  work very late and do early mornings due to time differences, I couldn't care less what is going on with public holidays.   Not everyone is on holiday.

We might go to the countryside for the day but we're thinking of going Thursday to avoid traffic and other people.   If it's really sunny, trip out and some lunch, probably Balaton might be OK. It's pretty cold outside though.

We've invited the oldest two to come to Budapest any time. I thought they might come over Easter but one of them works in hospitality (and therefore everyone else is on holiday except them) and the other one is in IT and has to work at weekends.

I saw my neighbour's son looking very glum. I wondered if his father had died - he's really very ill.  Cancer and dementia.  I wonder if he knows what is going on with his illnesses.  My MIL doesn't know what is going on.  She was found sleeping on the floor in the kitchen the other day.  She didn't know how to get back to her bedroom.  That's a distance of about 8m/25ft.  She said she'd been at the cemetery visiting her relatives and got lost coming back.

On that cheerful note, it's almost lunch time!  And if the sun keeps shining, the dog's going walkies too after 2pm!

Such a depressing subject but that is part of life.

I also suspect the Princess as bowel cancer/colon cancer.

If so, post surgery she probably was given an ostomy, either a temp. one or perm one.

After a resection they must let the bowels heal before putting them , into action, again.

Gosh I really hate to think about it.

My step dad went through that surgery at age 40, was suppose to get a temp. ostomy, woke up to find out they switched him over to a perm one. His cancer had spread in just a couple of months.

He dealt with it but to this day, I have PTSD thinking about it.

So much suffering, losing ones hair is the least of it.

My grandmother, my aunt and my first cousin all died from colon cancer. 3 generations of ladies.

Granny in the OR in the 1940s, auntie in the 50s at only age 26!

She had just delivered her second baby, a girl and passed 10 days later. That baby also died as an adult from that dreaded illness.

Then my step dad, my brother and many others in the family had issues with their colon and many surgeries. On uncle had most of his insides taken out over his lifetime, from his teen years to his mid 60s.

It is in our DNA, a family gene, not sure how my step dad fits into the picture but I have my own thoughts.

He and also my roots are mostly eastern European, I think that is part of the problem . Then again many African people also get colon cancer more often then others.

Crazy, I blame the stress of life.

So many children left without a parent.

My father turned his back on God when his mother died. He was very close to her and angry at the US Army for not allowing him to visit her pre surgery. He was able to attend her funeral though.

Saw on yahoo news this morning that Americans have a 40% change of getting cancer! That is crazy!

All I can say is get tested often and live a healthy lifestyle.

Such a depressing subject but that is part of life.
I also suspect the Princess as bowel cancer/colon cancer.
If so, post surgery she probably was given an ostomy, either a temp. one or perm one.
After a resection they must let the bowels heal before putting them , into action, again.
Gosh I really hate to think about it.
My step dad went through that surgery at age 40, was suppose to get a temp. ostomy, woke up to find out they switched him over to a perm one. His cancer had spread in just a couple of months.
He dealt with it but to this day, I have PTSD thinking about it.
So much suffering, losing ones hair is the least of it.
My grandmother, my aunt and my first cousin all died from colon cancer. 3 generations of ladies.
Granny in the OR in the 1940s, auntie in the 50s at only age 26!
She had just delivered her second baby, a girl and passed 10 days later. That baby also died as an adult from that dreaded illness.
Then my step dad, my brother and many others in the family had issues with their colon and many surgeries. On uncle had most of his insides taken out over his lifetime, from his teen years to his mid 60s.
It is in our DNA, a family gene, not sure how my step dad fits into the picture but I have my own thoughts.
He and also my roots are mostly eastern European, I think that is part of the problem . Then again many African people also get colon cancer more often then others.
Crazy, I blame the stress of life.
So many children left without a parent.
My father turned his back on God when his mother died. He was very close to her and angry at the US Army for not allowing him to visit her pre surgery. He was able to attend her funeral though.
Saw on yahoo news this morning that Americans have a 40% change of getting cancer! That is crazy!
All I can say is get tested often and live a healthy lifestyle.

-@Marilyn Tassy

They could have indeed put in a colostomy bag temporarily for Princess Kate.  It doesn't sound nice but at least she's not dead.  I'd take the bag over death every time.  It's amazing what people can get used to.

Prostate cancer is more prevalent in people of African origin.  I think also people with diabetes.  So that means my chances have gone up already as I satisfy the diabetic tick box. 

I'm pretty careful but as you say, one just cannot beat genetics.  My grandmother died of breast cancer and the female line has been tested for the bad genes. I don't actually know the results, they never said but my niece was in hospital being investigated. I think nothing serious was found. 

There's not been any MIL weirdness this past 24h.  Not that we know of anyway.  It's quite sad as her eyesight is not good, her false teeth don't work properly, cannot read, forgets words and she cannot follow the plots of TV programmes.  Every time I see her, she seems to be stuck on a chair or laying down. I think either she's not thinking of anything at all 80% of the time and with the other a 20% stimulation of reality, in her brain everything is just a jumble of real life, random thoughts, half-truths and imagined happenings like memories mixed with daydreaming. 

I'm going to have to put on a bit of a blitz to get things done now we want to travel to the countryside on Thursday.  Friday thru Monday, we'll just get on with domestic matters. I think my BIL and his on/off GF are coming here on Sunday.  Maybe we'll have an Easter Egg hunt.

BTW, for unknown reasons, Mrs F wanted to buy a whole fresh or frozen turkey and they are impossible to buy as far as we can see.  However, you can buy two live turkeys for 20K HUF.  Very useful. 

If anyone knows where to get a fresh turkey, do please say.

Maybe some brave soul has to step in and steer this in a sunnier direction . . .

So I'll ask for an explanation: why is OV going after the big foreign supermarket chains?

It strikes me as odd because he's a populist and adept at trumpeting populist themes. But does he really think Hungarians would be happy to see Lidl and Spar driven out of the country or turned into "Hungarian" ABCs?

Maybe some brave soul has to step in and steer this in a sunnier direction . . .So I'll ask for an explanation: why is OV going after the big foreign supermarket chains?It strikes me as odd because he's a populist and adept at trumpeting populist themes. But does he really think Hungarians would be happy to see Lidl and Spar driven out of the country or turned into "Hungarian" ABCs?        -@zif

I don't know about this OV supermarket attack.  Got a link?  It might be to do with the price of food generally spiralling upwards in Hungary.  It's cheaper to do your shopping in Austria where prices have been more stable. It used to be entirely the other way.  The Tesco in Sopron used to have many Austrian cars in it.  Not sure if that's the same now as I haven't been out that way for a couple of years. 

There was a few years ago,  an OV crony attempt to take over one of the Hungarian supermarket chains around Balaton for some reason.  If I remember correctly. I don't recall which one it was. I vaguely remember it was linked in to taking over the boat yards or harbours.  Presumably to build apartments and shopping centres right on the water.   Over development could easily turn the lake into an environmental disaster.

There have been quite a few industries which are allegedly leant on by those connected with OV and are eventually sold to someone in that circle at a knock down price.   OV has a son-in-law who has been labelled as an oligarch in waiting. I forgot his name but he's a bit like Trump's son-in-law who is not exactly popular with his claims of beach real estate in Gaza being a brilliant opportunity.   To be fair, he said Hamas could have done property development there instead of building tunnels.  But then again, it's a pretty crass thing to even discuss right now.  Like way too soon by light years.

Anyhoo, the likes of Lidl/Aldi/Penny Markt aren't going anywhere.  They are huge chains and they know OV's days are numbered.  The guy cannot live forever and he looks horribly unhealthy with a large amount of visceral fat. I expect he's got the triumvirate of crappy diseases of middle age: high blood pressure, cholesterol issues and type 2 diabetes.

How's that for cheerful?   It's sunny outside!  There is an upside somewhere here!

Putting links here usually sends my post for review so I avoid it.

But Google for example:

"How Viktor Orbán is squeezing foreign supermarkets out of Hungary"

"Heated situation: Hungarian transport minister Lázár sends open threat to Spar"

"Popular international food chain flees Hungary due to PM Orbán and his  oligarchs?"

It's one thing if the Oligarchs take over, say, the concrete industry: who notices? But the foreign supermarkets have had a great effect on improving daily life in Hungary. If they flee or come under incompetent management it would turn the clock back 30 years.

Putting links here usually sends my post for review so I avoid it.But Google for example:"How Viktor Orbán is squeezing foreign supermarkets out of Hungary""Heated situation: Hungarian transport minister Lázár sends open threat to Spar""Popular international food chain flees Hungary due to PM Orbán and his  oligarchs?"It's one thing if the Oligarchs take over, say, the concrete industry: who notices? But the foreign supermarkets have had a great effect on improving daily life in Hungary. If they flee or come under incompetent management it would turn the clock back 30 years.

This is just OV's MO.  Apparently they muscled Waberer, the transport company (allegedly).  Rumour mill says that the owner wasn't given a choice but to sign over to one of the cronies. All the powers of the state were used to pressure a deal.   I think it was OV's son in law or something who was fronting that one.

I've heard commentators say, they are establishing a Russian/Putin style kleptocracy here.  I've heard we're about 10 years behind the Russians. 

I've come to the conclusion that unless any of these people die (quickly) AND  there's a revolution nothing will change.   The videki nuts will keep (like the MAGA nuts) following their cult leader.

It's harsh, and not helping in the short term but the Hungarians should be given an ultimatum.  Either reinstate democracy, democratic controls and anti-corruption or be kicked out the the EU, possibly even NATO etc.   

I'm quite disappointed with the lack of teeth in Brussels to put OV in his place.  He doesn't need EU money anyway.  He can just borrow money from Putin.  He wants to be Putin's patsy, why not just make it official?       

It's harsh, and not helping in the short term but the Hungarians should be given an ultimatum.  Either reinstate democracy, democratic controls and anti-corruption or be kicked out the the EU, possibly even NATO etc.     

-@fluffy2560

Fat chance.

If the US is beaten in Ukraine, you're back on the front lines with Russia.

If Trump wins, Ukraine's free guns might well dry up pretty quickly, then you're on the front lines with Russia.

If the Russians are kicked out of Ukraine and real free elections resume, a pro-Russian government in Ukraine might well return, then you're on the front line of NATO Vs. Russia

Either way, NATO wants in.

It's harsh, and not helping in the short term but the Hungarians should be given an ultimatum.  Either reinstate democracy, democratic controls and anti-corruption or be kicked out the the EU, possibly even NATO etc.          -@fluffy2560Fat chance.If the US is beaten in Ukraine, you're back on the front lines with Russia.If Trump wins, Ukraine's free guns might well dry up pretty quickly, then you're on the front lines with Russia.If the Russians are kicked out of Ukraine and real free elections resume, a pro-Russian government in Ukraine might well return, then you're on the front line of NATO Vs. Russia Either way, NATO wants in.        -@Fred

I can daydream.  I'm heavily invested here so it wouldn't necessarily be to my advantage for Hungary to be out the EU.  Even Mrs Fluffy and the kids talk of leaving as they are sick to death of the BS. 

It's the usual toothless brinkmanship and politicking for the masses on OV's agenda.  He always needs an enemy for election time.  It's the EU at the moment but I'd call his bluff.  If you don't like the EU, hold a referendum on membership.  If you lose, then resign and hold free and fair elections.  He'd never do it because he'd lose a referendum hands down. 

The Hungarians like their Schengen rights, cheaper flights and wot not.

I'm not so sure  that Ukraine will collapse immediately.  They have their own albeit limited sources of weaponry and they are good at innovating.  And the EU and others are putting money and technology in.  But they've been caught on the hop, they have no manufacturing industry to match the Russian machine.  They must be gearing up like crazy and if not, why the f*** not?   

I cannot see pro-Russia government returning in Ukraine, not after what's happened.  It'll be generations before Russia can be engaged with again and Putin and groupies must be out of the picture, preferably somewhere under the ground. 

The best solution for this armchair general is for Russia to break up into smaller countries through internal dissent and revolution.  Then they can wage war on each other and leave everyone else alone.

I cannot see pro-Russia government returning in Ukraine, not after what's happened.  It'll be generations before Russia can be engaged with again and Putin and groupies must be out of the picture, preferably somewhere under the ground.

-@fluffy2560

The only reason Ukraine has a pro-western government is the National endowment for democracy set up a revolution in order to push NATO East.

That would leave Moscow open to a pincer movement and leave Russia vulnerable to collapse.

If all of Ukraine were allowed to vote, the pro-Russian areas have a fair chance of returning their preferred candidate to government. That means Ukraine is lost to NATO, so their plans are down the toilet.

The last election excluded most of the Russian areas, so it wasn't representative of the actual will of the majority.

It would be bad news for NATO if true democracy returned to that country. However, a long is great for armaments manufacturers.

I cannot see pro-Russia government returning in Ukraine, not after what's happened.  It'll be generations before Russia can be engaged with again and Putin and groupies must be out of the picture, preferably somewhere under the ground.     -@fluffy2560

The only reason Ukraine has a pro-western government is the National endowment for democracy set up a revolution in order to push NATO East.
That would leave Moscow open to a pincer movement and leave Russia vulnerable to collapse.
If all of Ukraine were allowed to vote, the pro-Russian areas have a fair chance of returning their preferred candidate to government. That means Ukraine is lost to NATO, so their plans are down the toilet.
The last election excluded most of the Russian areas, so it wasn't representative of the actual will of the majority.
It would be bad news for NATO if true democracy returned to that country. However, a long is great for armaments manufacturers.

-@Fred

As I remember it (and I'm next door in Hungary), the majority in Ukraine wanted to look West and the government of the time wanted to look East to Russia and in particular, they wanted Russia (Putin) send in troops to quell protests. The government lost during those Euromaidan protests.  The protests were nothing to do with NATO.

Membership of the EU is very attractive to many people in Ukraine.  And now, NATO is a natural progression.  OK, they could be neutral but that doesn't guarantee their borders.   Neutral countries enjoy their neutrality at the expense of their non-neutral neighbours - especially Austria and Switzerland.

But in any case,  I wasn't really talking about Ukraine and democracy returning.  What i was talking about was democracy returning to Hungary.

At the end of the war, Ukraine will have a state of the art armaments industry and a very large number of people who know how to fight.  I expect there will be many security companies or PMCs with Ukrainian personnel in third world countries. 

As I remember it (and I'm next door in Hungary), the majority in Ukraine wanted to look West and the government of the time wanted to look East to Russia and in particular, they wanted Russia (Putin) send in troops to quell protests.

-@fluffy2560

You remember the propaganda rather than the truth.

The NED spent over $22 million to dump the government in favour of one they liked.

The previous government was elected, but the new one was elected by everyone who was likely to vote for it. Ballots were not held in majority pro-Russian areas, partially because of unrest, and partially because their US masters stopped them.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA1601K/

History used to be written by the victor, but now it's written by the best liars with the best propaganda tools.

As a note, the NED is trying the same in Indonesia at the moment. Unfortunately for them, the plot was uncovered. However, they are still at it. It doesn't take more than a couple of days hunting out information to find out what's going on.

As I remember it (and I'm next door in Hungary), the majority in Ukraine wanted to look West and the government of the time wanted to look East to Russia and in particular, they wanted Russia (Putin) send in troops to quell protests.     -@fluffy2560

You remember the propaganda rather than the truth.
The NED spent over $22 million to dump the government in favour of one they liked.
The previous government was elected, but the new one was elected by everyone who was likely to vote for it. Ballots were not held in majority pro-Russian areas, partially because of unrest, and partially because their US masters stopped them.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA1601K/

History used to be written by the victor, but now it's written by the best liars with the best propaganda tools.

As a note, the NED is trying the same in Indonesia at the moment. Unfortunately for them, the plot was uncovered. However, they are still at it. It doesn't take more than a couple of days hunting out information to find out what's going on.

-@Fred

Or is it you remembering the propaganda?

Anyway, the upshot of Euromaidan is that the former Kremlin oriented President fled to Moscow after shooting up his own people, a new West facing President was installed and via elections we end up with Zelensky who turns out to be THE real deal as far as statesmanship goes.  Absolutely unexpected and no lightweight that might just save Ukraine.  And now there's Putin's war there and on our doorstep.

But the real subject here is Hungary.   Most city people here want a change from the corruption of Orban and his cronies.  It's going to take decades to undo the damage his politics and corruption has caused.   The videki (country people) are bought off with bags of potatoes.   This is one of the reasons why I think the democracy situation is not recoverable here for perhaps two generations post-Fidesz.  The videki have very poor critical thinking skills and it's getting worse.  If Orban is out, I'm expecting a large scale investigation into the politicians and their families inexplicable source of wealth.  If I was cynical, any incoming party could easily adopt a mantra of "it's our turn to eat" (homework: look it up).

On that subject, it's quite bizarre Magyar Peter (former head of PM's office for EU relations) was recording his ex-wife Varga Judit (former Justice Minister).  That's doing the rounds on identifying corrupt politicians - notably Rogan Antal.  I doubt it'll make much difference.  But it makes you wonder who plans to record their life partner in private discussions? And uses it?   Anyway, he might have a chance of unseating Orban but is not an ideal candidate.

I expect it's an ongoing project get rid of Surhato's legacy where you are. He stole what, $30 billion?

Or is it you remembering the propaganda?

-@fluffy2560

No

https://youtu.be/L2XNN0Yt6D8?feature=shared

https://www.mintpressnews.com/documents … ne/279734/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/ … kraine.usa

Looking at the ongoing attempt at a coup in Indonesia, everything in the last link fits perfectly.

The CIA front (NED) is running the show with USAID and the International Republican Institute.

The difference in Indonesia is the government are aware and have said so publically. However, the NED sponsored traitors are still trying to get the free and fair election overturned.

The real winner, Pak Prabowo, got around 60% of the votes so he's unlikely to be shifted, but watch this space.

What they did in Ukraine has been forgotten by most and swept under the carpet by officials, but the US started the ball rolling, as we see in the recording where they are discussing who to put in government.

At least they got the EU bit right.

Such a depressing subject but that is part of life.I also suspect the Princess as bowel cancer/colon cancer.If so, post surgery she probably was given an ostomy, either a temp. one or perm one.After a resection they must let the bowels heal before putting them , into action, again.Gosh I really hate to think about it.My step dad went through that surgery at age 40, was suppose to get a temp. ostomy, woke up to find out they switched him over to a perm one. His cancer had spread in just a couple of months.He dealt with it but to this day, I have PTSD thinking about it.So much suffering, losing ones hair is the least of it.My grandmother, my aunt and my first cousin all died from colon cancer. 3 generations of ladies.Granny in the OR in the 1940s, auntie in the 50s at only age 26!She had just delivered her second baby, a girl and passed 10 days later. That baby also died as an adult from that dreaded illness.Then my step dad, my brother and many others in the family had issues with their colon and many surgeries. On uncle had most of his insides taken out over his lifetime, from his teen years to his mid 60s.It is in our DNA, a family gene, not sure how my step dad fits into the picture but I have my own thoughts.He and also my roots are mostly eastern European, I think that is part of the problem . Then again many African people also get colon cancer more often then others.Crazy, I blame the stress of life.So many children left without a parent.My father turned his back on God when his mother died. He was very close to her and angry at the US Army for not allowing him to visit her pre surgery. He was able to attend her funeral though.Saw on yahoo news this morning that Americans have a 40% change of getting cancer! That is crazy!All I can say is get tested often and live a healthy lifestyle.        -@Marilyn TassyThey could have indeed put in a colostomy bag temporarily for Princess Kate.  It doesn't sound nice but at least she's not dead.  I'd take the bag over death every time.  It's amazing what people can get used to.Prostate cancer is more prevalent in people of African origin.  I think also people with diabetes.  So that means my chances have gone up already as I satisfy the diabetic tick box.  I'm pretty careful but as you say, one just cannot beat genetics.  My grandmother died of breast cancer and the female line has been tested for the bad genes. I don't actually know the results, they never said but my niece was in hospital being investigated. I think nothing serious was found.  There's not been any MIL weirdness this past 24h.  Not that we know of anyway.  It's quite sad as her eyesight is not good, her false teeth don't work properly, cannot read, forgets words and she cannot follow the plots of TV programmes.  Every time I see her, she seems to be stuck on a chair or laying down. I think either she's not thinking of anything at all 80% of the time and with the other a 20% stimulation of reality, in her brain everything is just a jumble of real life, random thoughts, half-truths and imagined happenings like memories mixed with daydreaming.  I'm going to have to put on a bit of a blitz to get things done now we want to travel to the countryside on Thursday.  Friday thru Monday, we'll just get on with domestic matters. I think my BIL and his on/off GF are coming here on Sunday.  Maybe we'll have an Easter Egg hunt.BTW, for unknown reasons, Mrs F wanted to buy a whole fresh or frozen turkey and they are impossible to buy as far as we can see.  However, you can buy two live turkeys for 20K HUF.  Very useful.  If anyone knows where to get a fresh turkey, do please say.        -@fluffy2560

In the past we have seen whole fresh turkeys for sale at the Great Market Hall.

I think they sell for the price of a goose, or there abouts.

I never understood why turkey was so popular in the US.

It is a sort of dry meat to me and by the second day, I am over it.

I honestly do not know what to cook over this long weekend .I do not eat much but I try to do at least 50% of each meal with a veggie.

Every breakfast is half assorted veggies as sides.

I knew a women who did catering for events and often was hired for wealthy Arabs on their ships to cook for a week or two.

She had a open checkbook to buy anything she wanted to make.

She said mostly the crew ate the food because the ship owners just nibbled on dry fruits and nuts.

Maybe that is the secret to a long life, hardly eat but when you do eat, make it light and nutty.

I swear if I had to cook just for myself, it would probably just be a simple salad and grill cheese sandwich.

Yes the great market hall was the only place I have ever seen a whole turkey.

It was beautiful outside yesterday, slightly windy but not too bad.

Took a long walk about near the Opera house, do not live far away from there but it has been a couple of years since we strolled around there.

Felt like a tourist.

We are not surprised SPAR is in trouble.

We got a gift card for 20,000 forints each for Easter from our district.

This tie it was for SPAR.

Can not really find anything we like there to buy.

Just got a few odds and ends but no real dinner items.

Their prices are higher then other stores we shop at and the selection is not very big.

Bought a few bags of avacados but the last time half were tossed out, all brusied up.

Yesterday near the opera house we jumped into a Spar, hubby wanted a treat and I had my eye on a bunch of radishes.

What totally confusion to check out.

His treat was not priced and it was all self check out.

2 old grumpy men working as clerks and a long line of people waiting to get out.

Comes our turn to check out, no price on the treat. The clerk takes off even though we told him we changed our minds and just want out.

We waited for a good 5 mins with the line backing up behind us.

The guy never returned so we just left my radishes and the desert and walked out.

I know the clerk probably cursed us when he returned but he was too much.

No wonder the Spars are saying they are losing money, so disorganized.

We tried the Spar on the Large Bvld. in the 7th.

Always so slow to check out even with the clerk doing the work.

Mid check out they always take off and leave people wiating. Price checking or something or other.

When it takes longer to check out then to do the shopping, something is very wrong.

I have heard although it may be a bit late now, that taking Tudca helps with dementia.

It was made in the past from bears bile but now it is mostly manmade to save the bears.

It is a copy of bears bile which helps with liver health and dementia as well as gall, kidney stones etc.

Or is it you remembering the propaganda?     -@fluffy2560Nohttps://youtu.be/L2XNN0Yt6D8?feature=sharedhttps://www.mintpressnews.com/documents … ne/279734/https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/ … kraine.usaLooking at the ongoing attempt at a coup in Indonesia, everything in the last link fits perfectly.The CIA front (NED) is running the show with USAID and the International Republican Institute.The difference in Indonesia is the government are aware and have said so publically. However, the NED sponsored traitors are still trying to get the free and fair election overturned.The real winner, Pak Prabowo, got around 60% of the votes so he's unlikely to be shifted, but watch this space.What they did in Ukraine has been forgotten by most and swept under the carpet by officials, but the US started the ball rolling, as we see in the recording where they are discussing who to put in government.At least they got the EU bit right.        -@Fred

Ok, thanks for that info.  Are there people who remember Surhato with nostalgia?  Maybe like the Marcos dynasty in the Philippines?  Makes me wonder about Imran Khan in Pakistan for that matter.  How long can they keep him banged up when his popularity is so high?

But perhaps we should discuss Hungary and maybe more generally how we could tackle corruption wherever it occurs hereabouts?  I'm quite interested to know a strategy to change the mindset.   From my own observations, it seems that governments get stale at 10+ years of continuous power, then it goes wrong with some scandal that brings it down.  It's what we see in the UK and probably we'll see it here too.

In lighter news, I'm thinking of mowing the grass.  My neighbour is mowing hers.  It'll make us look unkempt and lazy.  I don't know if we can mow Friday, Sunday or Monday.  I personally think, who cares about Easter, it's just the same to me and business as usual.     

Ok, thanks for that info.  Are there people who remember Surhato with nostalgia?  Maybe like the Marcos dynasty in the Philippines? 
    -@fluffy2560

Suharto is a legend for many here. I recall his death and how people reacted. There were flags at half mast on more houses than didn't have them.

He still has a massive following.

Marcus is back, at least in blood.

As for Hungary

https://www.ned.org/region/central-and- … onal-2021/

https://www.hungarianconservative.com/a … n-hungary/

https://www.demdigest.org/action-for-de … autocrats/

Ok, thanks for that info.  Are there people who remember Surhato with nostalgia?  Maybe like the Marcos dynasty in the Philippines?      -@fluffy2560

Suharto is a legend for many here. I recall his death and how people reacted. There were flags at half mast on more houses than didn't have them.
He still has a massive following.

Marcus is back, at least in blood.

As for Hungary
https://www.ned.org/region/central-and- … onal-2021/https://www.hungarianconservative.com/a … n-hungary/https://www.demdigest.org/action-for-de … autocrats/-@Fred

Yes, I mentioned Marcos specifically.

Generally makes you wonder about the legacy of Stalin or Franco or even Mussolini.  Some level of dynasty there. I cannot see Trump's legacy being Ivanka or the son-in-law Jared Kushner as President - both are now discredited.  Who would ever want such people in charge on the grounds apples do not fall far from the tree. Trump screwed himself and his relatives.   People might vote for for the similarly name Ashton Kutcher though as clearly he's got talent and appeal to the masses.

My musing this morning pre-gardening are on how to reverse a country out of a culture of corruption and nepotism (like here, in Hungary). 

Does it end up with a Truth and Reconciliation Council South African style but with payback of the money plus interest?

Just a thought.

i just found this little gem

https://www.ned.org/region/central-and- … onal-2021/

The NED is a CIA front, the one that ran the revolution in Ukraine.

i just found this little gemhttps://www.ned.org/region/central-and- … onal-2021/The NED is a CIA front, the one that ran the revolution in Ukraine.        -@Fred

You might as well say that about Soros and the CEU.  Then you're really down an Orban conspiracy rabbit hole.

People believed Queen Liz was part of an alien lizard cabal too.  Which just shows people are dumber than a box of rocks.

i just found this little gemhttps://www.ned.org/region/central-and- … onal-2021/The NED is a CIA front, the one that ran the revolution in Ukraine.        -@Fred

You might as well say that about Soros and the CEU.  Then you're really down an Orban conspiracy rabbit hole.

People believed Queen Liz was part of an alien lizard cabal too.  Which just shows people are dumber than a box of rocks.

-@fluffy2560

You have to look at who the NED are.

Unlike tin foil hat jobs, the information is well documented and verifiable.

The NED's own site lists who they employ. Take a read.

When you have done that, examine which of the groups they control against politicians in any country of interest.

I looked at this in some detail after I saw a published leak that claimed they were trying to dump Prabowo in favour of a lapdog candidate.

The 'lapdog', and only the lapdog, is deeply involved with them. They have manipulated protests and engaged in a lot of of other activities designed to kill actual democracy in favour of their democracy.

Everything is verified with links to US government sites or reliable, factual reporting from quality news outlets.

Nothing made up, and no 'additional' information added - Just verified data with links.

Queen Liz wasn't green enough to be a lizard, but your point is a pretty crappy attempt to distract from a serious point with an inane comment.

i just found this little gemhttps://www.ned.org/region/central-and- … onal-2021/The NED is a CIA front, the one that ran the revolution in Ukraine.        -@FredYou might as well say that about Soros and the CEU.  Then you're really down an Orban conspiracy rabbit hole.People believed Queen Liz was part of an alien lizard cabal too.  Which just shows people are dumber than a box of rocks.        -@fluffy2560

You have to look at who the NED are.
Unlike tin foil hat jobs, the information is well documented and verifiable.
The NED's own site lists who they employ. Take a read.
When you have done that, examine which of the groups they control against politicians in any country of interest.

I looked at this in some detail after I saw a published leak that claimed they were trying to dump Prabowo in favour of a lapdog candidate.
The 'lapdog', and only the lapdog, is deeply involved with them. They have manipulated protests and engaged in a lot of of other activities designed to kill actual democracy in favour of their democracy.
Everything is verified with links to US government sites or reliable, factual reporting from quality news outlets.
Nothing made up, and no 'additional' information added - Just verified data with links.

Queen Liz wasn't green enough to be a lizard, but your point is a pretty crappy attempt to distract from a serious point with an inane comment.

-@Fred

I'm not that bothered by the NED and it's supposed connection to the CIA.  Who cares?

As this is the Hungary forum, I'm more interested in Orban forcing the CEU out of Hungary citing it as a Soros front to bring him down.  The guy's off his head.

We should be civil about Queen Liz.  Even if she was leader of a lizard cabal, she was OUR head lizard.   I'm no royalist but we wouldn't want a dangerous nutter in charge.  Stability is the name of the game.

BTW, I was actually trying to inject some levity into the discussion.     One of the premises of this thread is to discuss anything with some sense of humour, preferably obscure and even inane.  There is no reason to be "on point" here.   We're also discussing how to get fresh turkey in the current other theme.

I was hearing from someone last night that Russia is carpet bombing Ukraine and it's all going massive due to the attacks in Moscow.  Nothing on the news of course.   Obviously misinformation bots operating and some people sucked into it.  One should at least verify from multiple respectable sources about things that are supposed to be true.   

I'm not that bothered by the NED and it's supposed connection to the CIA.  Who cares?

As this is the Hungary forum, I'm more interested in Orban forcing the CEU out of Hungary citing it as a Soros front to bring him down.  The guy's off his head.

-@fluffy2560

Given it looks a lot like the NED are at it against Orban, you really should keep an eye on what's what.

Violence tends to go with revolutions.

I was hearing from someone last night that Russia is carpet bombing Ukraine and it's all going massive due to the attacks in Moscow.  Nothing on the news of course.   Obviously misinformation bots operating and some people sucked into it.  One should at least verify from multiple respectable sources about things that are supposed to be true.   

-@fluffy2560

People tend to believe any crap that suits their agenda, and ignore what they find distasteful.

People tend to be pretty stupid

I'm not that bothered by the NED and it's supposed connection to the CIA.  Who cares? As this is the Hungary forum, I'm more interested in Orban forcing the CEU out of Hungary citing it as a Soros front to bring him down.  The guy's off his head.    -@fluffy2560

Given it looks a lot like the NED are at it against Orban, you really should keep an eye on what's what.
Violence tends to go with revolutions.

-@Fred

If they bring down Orban, what's not to like?

Hungary transitioned to  capitalism without violence, unlike Romania. There's no reason to suppose Orban wouldn't go quietly now his cronies have got all the cash. His problem will be keeping it but I expect he'll be in his Dubai villa enjoying a sunny retirement. How many billions does he really need?

If there's a risk of violence, it's the USA if  Trump loses again. Place is awash with guns. I suppose if he's doing time at Club Fed, then it will be less chance of insurrectionists storming the capitol again. Just hope he gets more than 10 years then he's no chance of coming back.

In the past we have seen whole fresh turkeys for sale at the Great Market Hall.

I think they sell for the price of a goose, or there abouts.
I never understood why turkey was so popular in the US.
It is a sort of dry meat to me and by the second day, I am over it.

I honestly do not know what to cook over this long weekend .I do not eat much but I try to do at least 50% of each meal with a veggie.
Every breakfast is half assorted veggies as sides.
I knew a women who did catering for events and often was hired for wealthy Arabs on their ships to cook for a week or two.
She had a open checkbook to buy anything she wanted to make.
She said mostly the crew ate the food because the ship owners just nibbled on dry fruits and nuts.
Maybe that is the secret to a long life, hardly eat but when you do eat, make it light and nutty.
I swear if I had to cook just for myself, it would probably just be a simple salad and grill cheese sandwich.
Yes the great market hall was the only place I have ever seen a whole turkey.

It was beautiful outside yesterday, slightly windy but not too bad.
Took a long walk about near the Opera house, do not live far away from there but it has been a couple of years since we strolled around there.
Felt like a tourist.

We are not surprised SPAR is in trouble.
We got a gift card for 20,000 forints each for Easter from our district.
This tie it was for SPAR.
Can not really find anything we like there to buy.
Just got a few odds and ends but no real dinner items.
Their prices are higher then other stores we shop at and the selection is not very big.
Bought a few bags of avacados but the last time half were tossed out, all brusied up.
Yesterday near the opera house we jumped into a Spar, hubby wanted a treat and I had my eye on a bunch of radishes.
What totally confusion to check out.
His treat was not priced and it was all self check out.
2 old grumpy men working as clerks and a long line of people waiting to get out.
Comes our turn to check out, no price on the treat. The clerk takes off even though we told him we changed our minds and just want out.
We waited for a good 5 mins with the line backing up behind us.
The guy never returned so we just left my radishes and the desert and walked out.
I know the clerk probably cursed us when he returned but he was too much.
No wonder the Spars are saying they are losing money, so disorganized.
We tried the Spar on the Large Bvld. in the 7th.
Always so slow to check out even with the clerk doing the work.
Mid check out they always take off and leave people wiating. Price checking or something or other.
When it takes longer to check out then to do the shopping, something is very wrong.

I have heard although it may be a bit late now, that taking Tudca helps with dementia.
It was made in the past from bears bile but now it is mostly manmade to save the bears.
It is a copy of bears bile which helps with liver health and dementia as well as gall, kidney stones etc.

-@Marilyn Tassy

I don't fancy bear's bile.   I know where you can get the original - Slovakia.  A bear there attacked 5 people in a town and they shot it dead.  I know they eat bear meat in Alaska.  I am not sure anything helps with dementia. It's going to happen, whatever one does. 

Spar is only trouble because OV wants someone from his family involved.  It's ridiculous. Spar is a large company and has resources to organise itself.  They've reorganised to make sure it cannot be taken over even by strong arm methods.  There's no local "owner" to muscle or threaten.   Stupid thinking. It's like Tesco, who can they muscle there?  It's a publicly listed company with gadzillions of shareholders.

We've not solved the turkey situation.  I think it's too late as the shops will be closed.

We're going to the countryside for the day.  It's nicely sunny but quite windy.  Be nice I hope.

If they bring down Orban, what's not to like?

-@fluffy256

How odd. Foreign interfering and likely violence is fine as long as you dislike the target.

The US and UK took down the elected government in Iran in order to get their lapdog in. How well did that go?

As for Orban's actual crimes, could you spell out how many thousands he has killed, please?

If they bring down Orban, what's not to like?    -@fluffy256

How odd. Foreign interfering and likely violence is fine as long as you dislike the target.
The US and UK took down the elected government in Iran in order to get their lapdog in. How well did that go?

As for Orban's actual crimes, could you spell out how many thousands he has killed, please?

-@Fred

I'm in the car but I'm not driving. Mrs Fluffy likes driving. Kids have their faces in their phones blissfully unaware of international politics and intrigue.

OV uses undemocratic and unfair techniques to stay in power, so I've no problem with bringing him down by whatever legally works. It's work as old as the hills. OV hasn't killed thousands but he's certainly alienated a lot for people and divided the country like Trump has in the US. One might say he's killed people by bleeding the healthcare system of resources in order to finance his powerbase. One could day that of the UK too.

As for the Shah, sure he wasn't popular but obviously they didn't anticipate what came next. Same for that George Dubya Bush. Job done, yeah, pull the other one. The problem is trying to replicate the US experience of democracy elsewhere. I've seen this in action directly and even been involved in it. Its useful to lay the groundwork but locals have to carry it through. It cannot be forced on people.

In the past we have seen whole fresh turkeys for sale at the Great Market Hall.I think they sell for the price of a goose, or there abouts.I never understood why turkey was so popular in the US.It is a sort of dry meat to me and by the second day, I am over it.I honestly do not know what to cook over this long weekend .I do not eat much but I try to do at least 50% of each meal with a veggie. Every breakfast is half assorted veggies as sides.I knew a women who did catering for events and often was hired for wealthy Arabs on their ships to cook for a week or two.She had a open checkbook to buy anything she wanted to make.She said mostly the crew ate the food because the ship owners just nibbled on dry fruits and nuts.Maybe that is the secret to a long life, hardly eat but when you do eat, make it light and nutty.I swear if I had to cook just for myself, it would probably just be a simple salad and grill cheese sandwich.Yes the great market hall was the only place I have ever seen a whole turkey.It was beautiful outside yesterday, slightly windy but not too bad.Took a long walk about near the Opera house, do not live far away from there but it has been a couple of years since we strolled around there.Felt like a tourist.We are not surprised SPAR is in trouble.We got a gift card for 20,000 forints each for Easter from our district.This tie it was for SPAR.Can not really find anything we like there to buy.Just got a few odds and ends but no real dinner items.Their prices are higher then other stores we shop at and the selection is not very big.Bought a few bags of avacados but the last time half were tossed out, all brusied up.Yesterday near the opera house we jumped into a Spar, hubby wanted a treat and I had my eye on a bunch of radishes.What totally confusion to check out.His treat was not priced and it was all self check out.2 old grumpy men working as clerks and a long line of people waiting to get out.Comes our turn to check out, no price on the treat. The clerk takes off even though we told him we changed our minds and just want out.We waited for a good 5 mins with the line backing up behind us.The guy never returned so we just left my radishes and the desert and walked out.I know the clerk probably cursed us when he returned but he was too much.No wonder the Spars are saying they are losing money, so disorganized.We tried the Spar on the Large Bvld. in the 7th.Always so slow to check out even with the clerk doing the work.Mid check out they always take off and leave people wiating. Price checking or something or other. When it takes longer to check out then to do the shopping, something is very wrong.I have heard although it may be a bit late now, that taking Tudca helps with dementia.It was made in the past from bears bile but now it is mostly manmade to save the bears. It is a copy of bears bile which helps with liver health and dementia as well as gall, kidney stones etc.        -@Marilyn Tassy

I don't fancy bear's bile.   I know where you can get the original - Slovakia.  A bear there attacked 5 people in a town and they shot it dead.  I know they eat bear meat in Alaska.  I am not sure anything helps with dementia. It's going to happen, whatever one does. 

Spar is only trouble because OV wants someone from his family involved.  It's ridiculous. Spar is a large company and has resources to organise itself.  They've reorganised to make sure it cannot be taken over even by strong arm methods.  There's no local "owner" to muscle or threaten.   Stupid thinking. It's like Tesco, who can they muscle there?  It's a publicly listed company with gadzillions of shareholders.

We've not solved the turkey situation.  I think it's too late as the shops will be closed.

We're going to the countryside for the day.  It's nicely sunny but quite windy.  Be nice I hope.

-@fluffy2560

I have no desire to eat bears.

I watch allot of videos on nutrition.

Tudca was one of 7 supplements proven to actually work.

That and AHCC which I have been taking for over 2 years now.

I have not had any flu or colds in those 2 years, only a bacterial infection that I picked up at the doctors office after an exam.

I will try almost anything though to avoid seeing a doctor.

If you are not sick, they are out of business.

My sister said she often going to Halal shops in Minn. to buy goat meat.

IDK why she likes that so much?

She will eat deer too, even uses her bow to take down a dear , skin it herself . Perp it and freeze it.

I can not really even go fishing, I feel bad for the fish.

If I was going to learn a new trade, I would go into being a chiropractor.so many people in the near future are going to have neck issues by all their cell phone and laptop use.

Or perhaps get into eye care, blue screen damage to the eyes.

Those high beams on the new cars are also damaging to the eyes at night.

Too bad about finding a fresh turkey, enjoy the day trip in the countryside Mr. Fluffy.

OV uses undemocratic and unfair techniques to stay in power, so I've no problem with bringing him down by whatever legally works. It's work as old as the hills. OV hasn't killed thousands but he's certainly alienated a lot for people and divided the country
    -@fluffy2560

The power trying to bring him down has removed many democratic governments and killed by the millions.

Are you saying you would support them as long as they remove a man who might well be undemocratic, and is very probably nasty, but hasn't committed mass murder?

As for the Shah, sure he wasn't popular but obviously they didn't anticipate what came next. Same for that George Dubya Bush. Job done, yeah, pull the other one. The problem is trying to replicate the US experience of democracy elsewhere. I've seen this in action directly and even been involved in it. Its useful to lay the groundwork but locals have to carry it through. It cannot be forced on people.         -@fluffy2560

Yes, it can.

The elected leader of Iran, Mohammad Mosaddegh, was overthrown but the CIA and MI5 in order to get the Shah into power. That gave the US and UK the oil rights they were about to lose.

The Shah went on to murder by the thousand and, as we know, got kicked out in a revolution that brought the more extreme Muslim elements into power that we see today.

You say kicking Viktor out is acceptable, even by a state guilty of everything the US has done - Do you really support that?