Absolutely Anything Else

Hungary has missed the first deadline to pay the €200 million fine imposed by the European Court of Justice (ECJ), prompting Brussels to send a second payment request and setting the stage for an impending head-on clash.

The new deadline is 17 September. If Budapest does not wire the lump sum by then, the European Commission, which is compelled to ensure member states abide by ECJ rulings, will launch the so-called "offsetting procedure" and deduct the €200 million from Hungary's allocated share of the EU budget, parts of which remain frozen over rule-of-law decline.

"There is no wiggle room here. We have to follow the applicable procedures," a Commission spokesperson said on Monday (2 September).

In a ruling issued in June, the ECJ found Hungary had committed an "unprecedented and exceptionally serious breach of EU law" due to the country's long-standing restrictions on the right to asylum.

Gosh, too bad it is hard to hold her steady to see what is going on.
My guess would be to think back on where she walked in the past few days and what could possibly be inside her paw.
IDK if warm water with some epson salt might help. Perhaps she just needs to soften up her skin a bit and whatever is stuck may work itself out?
There are a few things that could be going on. I looked online.
Allergies can cause sore paws
Nails that need trimming
A parasite such as a tick
Ringworm or a yeast infection
dry or cracked paws
Some can be treated at home with antifungal creams but many need a vet to double check what is going on.
I wonder if putting ice on my numb it enough for you to get a decent look at the paw?
I hope it is something minor and will work itself out.
We spent a ton of money on the staph infection or dog got just from running through the sugar cane fields in Hawaii.
The top of his head, his chest and his front legs were bleeding and raw from getting scrapped by the sharp cane.  Short fur on him which gave little protection.
First I took him to a normal vet; he was not sure what to do.
He had me make an appointment with a dog dermatologist from San Diego.
This guy came to Hilo once a month from the mainland.
Just to see him and get a biopsy back in 1996 cost us another $400. without the cost of the medications needed.
Pets can really cost allot at times.
I could add up what we spent and what we lost in 18 months just on our dog in Hawaii.
Airfare to Honolulu , can not remember the cost but it was around $300; in cargo; only area large enough to hold him;
His crate was $160. the health check and documents for travel cost , then the required Hawaiian quarantine was another $850. plus all his daily treats bought at a pet shop, just a way to handle my guilt for locking him up for 4 months.
Then not being able to find a place to live in Honolulu that would take such a large dog, forced us to move off Island.
I could of worked in Honolulu those 4 months doing hair but had no time for work since I spent all my time visiting the dog.
He had back surgery when he was 8. The vet did it for half price because he had nevr done it before, only observed the surgery. That was  another $800. As he aged he needed meds for arthritis, that was another $125. per month, the larger the pet the more things cost.
He was worth every penny but still, they have you over a barrel.

-@Marilyn Tassy

We were at the vets and it looks like a barley seed has embedded itself between her toes. It's now infected and she's got some antibiotics.  The vet did a little bit of work trying to get it out but found it difficult even using some special siccsors. 

The vet's nurse held our doggy really tightly.  Everyone was very patient including the dog. So the vet's put a pultice on it to try and suck out the infected item.  The doggy is really quiet and asleep now with a wrapped up paw but she seems happier. 

We'll be back there tomorrow AM to see if the pultice has worked. 

If not, she's going to have to be knocked out and operated on as the seed may be embedded too deep.   We'll see what this is going to set us back. I don't think it'll be huge money as it's obvious what is going on.   I'd be surprised if it cost us more than $250 in HUF equivalent but it could be worse.  It would cost £1000s in the UK.

Our dog is about 5 years old.  Once she gets to 7, I'll expect there will be more bills due to aging. 

Looks like my entire week is going to be about dog health and new school and new university affairs.

Hungary has missed the first deadline to pay the €200 million fine imposed by the European Court of Justice (ECJ), prompting Brussels to send a second payment request and setting the stage for an impending head-on clash.The new deadline is 17 September. If Budapest does not wire the lump sum by then, the European Commission, which is compelled to ensure member states abide by ECJ rulings, will launch the so-called "offsetting procedure" and deduct the €200 million from Hungary's allocated share of the EU budget, parts of which remain frozen over rule-of-law decline."There is no wiggle room here. We have to follow the applicable procedures," a Commission spokesperson said on Monday (2 September).In a ruling issued in June, the ECJ found Hungary had committed an "unprecedented and exceptionally serious breach of EU law" due to the country's long-standing restrictions on the right to asylum.    -@SimCityAT

Mrs Fluffy is relatively connected politically - she knows plenty of these people. 

She says her informants tell her that Orban is surviving by the skin of his teeth.  Apparently Magyar Peter (opposition figure) is really on the up and many are saying he's going to flatten OV in the next election.   But this could be just optimism.   Other rumours circulating regularly include that OV is getting psychiatric help.  That rumour has been floating around for some years.

Visually OV looks like a 60+ year old guy with too much of a waistline, thick neck and more than likely Type II diabetes and high blood pressure. Perhaps a walking time bomb healthwise.  Magyar Peter on the other hand looks so much younger (40s), dynamic and on the ball.  He's a serious challenger.  He was Fidesz. I'm no supporter.

No-one wants HU to leave the EU, including core Fidesz supporters so if OV keeps saying that the EU is the enemy, he's going to find very little support even amongst his acolytes.   And of course, people are wondering why confrontation with the EU has to be paid for by Hungarian citizens.  OV will have to give in and spin it.   

I saw the Hungarian government cargo jet at the airport on Sunday.  That must be worth $200M.  They could sell that vanity purchase to make up  any shortfall in the budget.

Gosh, too bad it is hard to hold her steady to see what is going on.My guess would be to think back on where she walked in the past few days and what could possibly be inside her paw.IDK if warm water with some epson salt might help. Perhaps she just needs to soften up her skin a bit and whatever is stuck may work itself out?There are a few things that could be going on. I looked online.Allergies can cause sore pawsNails that need trimming A parasite such as a tickRingworm or a yeast infectiondry or cracked pawsSome can be treated at home with antifungal creams but many need a vet to double check what is going on.I wonder if putting ice on my numb it enough for you to get a decent look at the paw?I hope it is something minor and will work itself out. We spent a ton of money on the staph infection or dog got just from running through the sugar cane fields in Hawaii.The top of his head, his chest and his front legs were bleeding and raw from getting scrapped by the sharp cane.  Short fur on him which gave little protection.First I took him to a normal vet; he was not sure what to do.He had me make an appointment with a dog dermatologist from San Diego.This guy came to Hilo once a month from the mainland.Just to see him and get a biopsy back in 1996 cost us another $400. without the cost of the medications needed.Pets can really cost allot at times.I could add up what we spent and what we lost in 18 months just on our dog in Hawaii.Airfare to Honolulu , can not remember the cost but it was around $300; in cargo; only area large enough to hold him;His crate was $160. the health check and documents for travel cost , then the required Hawaiian quarantine was another $850. plus all his daily treats bought at a pet shop, just a way to handle my guilt for locking him up for 4 months.Then not being able to find a place to live in Honolulu that would take such a large dog, forced us to move off Island.I could of worked in Honolulu those 4 months doing hair but had no time for work since I spent all my time visiting the dog.He had back surgery when he was 8. The vet did it for half price because he had nevr done it before, only observed the surgery. That was  another $800. As he aged he needed meds for arthritis, that was another $125. per month, the larger the pet the more things cost.He was worth every penny but still, they have you over a barrel.        -@Marilyn Tassy

We were at the vets and it looks like a barley seed has embedded itself between her toes. It's now infected and she's got some antibiotics.  The vet did a little bit of work trying to get it out but found it difficult even using some special siccsors. 

The vet's nurse held our doggy really tightly.  Everyone was very patient including the dog. So the vet's put a pultice on it to try and suck out the infected item.  The doggy is really quiet and asleep now with a wrapped up paw but she seems happier. 

We'll be back there tomorrow AM to see if the pultice has worked. 

If not, she's going to have to be knocked out and operated on as the seed may be embedded too deep.   We'll see what this is going to set us back. I don't think it'll be huge money as it's obvious what is going on.   I'd be surprised if it cost us more than $250 in HUF equivalent but it could be worse.  It would cost £1000s in the UK.

Our dog is about 5 years old.  Once she gets to 7, I'll expect there will be more bills due to aging. 

Looks like my entire week is going to be about dog health and new school and new university affairs.

-@fluffy2560

Glad to hear the narrowed down the problem.

7 is about middle age for a larger dog.

Our childhood dog was a mostly outdoor dog, Ca; weather though.

In winters mom brought him inside to sleep at night and in his old age he always was inside.

He lived to be over 17 years old. A mixed breed, Cocker Spanial,greyhound and who knows what else;

Smart loyal patient dog. Short haired and mostly black, only about 50 lbs.

Fought off a rattle snake and survived an attack by coyotes, almost lost him with that one. Days at the vet with stitches all over. We children, the 4 of us prayed and prayed in a circle for many nights for him to heal.

He saved my then 3 year old brother from a rattle snake bite. He got between my bro and the snake and barked like crazy until our father came out to see what was going on.

I remember that clearly because my father told me in a stern voice to tell my mother to bring him his gun. No questions asked when he used that voice!

One big blast and it was over with.

Our Dobbie overall had great health but at age 8 his back went out. We drove him to a lake for the day and as he jumped out of the van his legs folded under him and he could not move.

We loaded him back and drove home, called the vet and took him in that day for surgery.

Arthritis in the spine, just like we humans get.

He lived till age 12 1/2 which is rather old for his breed.

Still not long enough though.

Glad to hear the narrowed down the problem.7 is about middle age for a larger dog.Our childhood dog was a mostly outdoor dog, Ca; weather though.In winters mom brought him inside to sleep at night and in his old age he always was inside.He lived to be over 17 years old. A mixed breed, Cocker Spanial,greyhound and who knows what else;Smart loyal patient dog. Short haired and mostly black, only about 50 lbs.Fought off a rattle snake and survived an attack by coyotes, almost lost him with that one. Days at the vet with stitches all over. We children, the 4 of us prayed and prayed in a circle for many nights for him to heal.He saved my then 3 year old brother from a rattle snake bite. He got between my bro and the snake and barked like crazy until our father came out to see what was going on. I remember that clearly because my father told me in a stern voice to tell my mother to bring him his gun. No questions asked when he used that voice!One big blast and it was over with. Our Dobbie overall had great health but at age 8 his back went out. We drove him to a lake for the day and as he jumped out of the van his legs folded under him and he could not move.We loaded him back and drove home, called the vet and took him in that day for surgery.Arthritis in the spine, just like we humans get.He lived till age 12 1/2 which is rather old for his breed.Still not long enough though.        -@Marilyn Tass

We were at the vet again and the seed is too far into her leg.  The vet tried to wrangle it out but couldn't do it.  The vet thinks it might be coming out elsewhere in the paw.   Apparently there were 4 or 5 other dogs with exactly the same problem immediately after our visit.  We will be back at the vet again tomorrow (Wednesday).  I think it's going to be anaesthesia and proper surgery to get it out.  It could be seriously dangerous to leave it in.

Every time I mention this seed issue to people, they all seem to know about it.  It's like they are in on a conspiracy and I don't know they are all communicating about it with each other!   Sounds like a premise for one of my fantasy film scripts I plan to write but never do.  Certainly I'm in the dark about it. I thought I knew plenty about dogs.  Obviously not.

As a Goldie, she's probably got a lifespan of about 12 years, maybe more as she's hardly living a stressful life.  We think she's overweight - 45kg.  We weighed her at the vet's place.  I think she should be 40kg.  So we'll reduce her food a bit.   She'll get arthritis if she's overweight and becomes lazy.  Like all of us!

I'm checking the garden for barley grass now.  If I had a shotgun I could shoot up the dangerous plants. I'll have to make do pulling them out.  But not in this heat.  It's brutal again. Car reported 37C!

Gosh, I will send some healing energy to your poor dog.

Gosh, I will send some healing energy to your poor dog.        -@Marilyn Tassy

Thanks! 

She seems quite reasonably OK despite being bandaged up.

I think the antibiotics are knocking her out. Vet said her paw was infected.

I think she'll be OK but will we be OK?  She's my friend and we go for walks together several times a week.

I cannot see us doing that for a couple of weeks post-this incident.

Our routine is now not routine!

Gosh, I will send some healing energy to your poor dog.        -@Marilyn Tassy

Thanks! 

She seems quite reasonably OK despite being bandaged up.

I think the antibiotics are knocking her out. Vet said her paw was infected.

I think she'll be OK but will we be OK?  She's my friend and we go for walks together several times a week.

I cannot see us doing that for a couple of weeks post-this incident.

Our routine is now not routine!

-@fluffy2560

Hopefully those seeds are seasonal and this will not be an ongoing issue.

Crazy though.

Dogs really do not like anything on their feet, at least our Dobbie did not.

I bought him some red snow boots as we moved to NM where it snows allot.

He could not get used to wearing them so his winter walks were cut shorter.

Perhaps you can train her to wear something tied around her paws?

They sell soft shoes for dogs but maybe even getting some leather and making a cover yourself would do?

IDK, might be worth a try.If you tape them on tight enough she may forget they are on when she is out walking and sniffing.

Lots of praise when putting them on will make her feel special and not try so hard to remove them off her paws. Might take a few weeks depending on her before she gets used to them. Just like using a lead when walking, takes some effort and time but they get used to it.

For you own good, and yours.

Good luck today with the vet!

PS, I know I failed getting my dog to wear his boots but they were hard to get on and he would be removing one boot as I was putting on another. You may need help at first to get all 4 on at once, maybe just try 2 paws at a time for awhile and walk her where there is less chance of any seeds on the ground?

Training is hard and takes awhile but it can be done.

I looked online at dog socks, shoes. Some are pricey but on Temu, they have a few types for just over 1,000 forints.  We have ordered on Temu in the past and they delivery in a timely manner. Not like our last delivery order.They have online tracking of your package too. No VAT fees to HU either.

I looked online at dog socks, shoes. Some are pricey but on Temu, they have a few types for just over 1,000 forints.  We have ordered on Temu in the past and they delivery in a timely manner. Not like our last delivery order.They have online tracking of your package too. No VAT fees to HU either.

-@Marilyn Tassy

Kids are telling me to look on Schein web sites for stuff.  I did look and it's not very good.  OK if you want socks or some plastic things.

AliExpress is better but the delivery time is insane. It could be up to 60 days!  WTF is that about?   It does make a difference if one pays something for postage.  Can be reduced to 14 days kind of duration.

I have to get some non-emergency car parts (always as usual for my hobby car).  The passenger door lock actuator doesn't work any more.  Probably the motor.  AliExpress is like $15 for a new motor but the actual original from a scrapyard is like $100 and import from the USA.  It's a no brainer which one I will buy.   I am going to take the door panel off and see if I can repair it myself.  It's not going to be that difficult. 

Meanwhile, yesterday, I made sourdough muffins with banana and raisin but they came out far too flat.  Tastes good but they are flat.  Not light and and fluffy as I expected.  I might have a go at making a loaf of bread.   Mrs F has told me to use the breadmaking machine so that it can "auto" rise as it's got a heater in it.   We shall see if I can do it.

Hopefully those seeds are seasonal and this will not be an ongoing issue.
Crazy though.
Dogs really do not like anything on their feet, at least our Dobbie did not.
I bought him some red snow boots as we moved to NM where it snows allot.
He could not get used to wearing them so his winter walks were cut shorter.
Perhaps you can train her to wear something tied around her paws?
They sell soft shoes for dogs but maybe even getting some leather and making a cover yourself would do?
IDK, might be worth a try.If you tape them on tight enough she may forget they are on when she is out walking and sniffing.
Lots of praise when putting them on will make her feel special and not try so hard to remove them off her paws. Might take a few weeks depending on her before she gets used to them. Just like using a lead when walking, takes some effort and time but they get used to it.
For you own good, and yours.
Good luck today with the vet!

-@Marilyn Tassy

We had the Chief vet on it this morning.  She couldn't see anything in the entry hole.  And she says it's healing up.  So maybe nothing is in there.  Vet said there's no surgery she could do to get it out so it's watchful waiting to see if it comes out somewhere else.  Strangely the dog doesn't seem to be very bothered by all this.  She's a perfect patient.

But we're back again there on Friday for another round.  I'm nervous about the cost but I don't think it will be a huge amount but noticeable.  If this was the UK, we'd probably be selling the car to pay for it.  Absolute rip off there.   

Mrs F says we'll going to have to inspect the dog each time we've been out.

Glad to hear surgery was not needed, so far. I would really recommend checking out those dog boots, socks, whatever they call them.

I noticed my Max stepped on a thorn once in NM. It can happen anytime. This pavement is not a normal natural walking surface for anyone. Shoes or covers are not a bad idea.

Hopefully this is     a one offer and it never happens again.

My AZ friend is in allot of pain. So much so that she just told me she can not write but not to worry about her.

One issue is her tooth. She has been putting off getting a new crown on it for too long. Cost is the main reason, she said even with her extra insurance it is too much. Insurance will cover $1,000; but the crown costs around $2,600!!!

If she was not in a wheelchair , she might of thought about heading to Mexico to fix her tooth.

The US is a real downer these days.

Like you mentioned, we can B and moan about prices but the west is pure murder with their high costs.

The more I hear my friends and family talk about prices in the US, the more I am afraid to even enter their air space!

My friend has also blown out 2 tendons in her hand, no fun when you need to push yourself in a chair.

She is so afraid of blowing out the rest of her hand.

Of course they could do surgery on her hand but after they messed her ankles up so that she can no longer walk, she is too paranoid of surgery. Can not blame her.

What does blow my mind is knowing how much she and her husband have given to various charities and people over the yeas , he has not spent any money on having a wheelchair ramp built for their 2,500 sq. foot home!

Now they are in the process of selling out and moving to a smaller place closer to hospitals etc.

Bought time to me.

It is nice to think of others but there comes a point where you have to care for yourself.

I always think my friend has somehow denied she is handicapped. Guess reality is setting in now.

Glad to hear surgery was not needed, so far. I would really recommend checking out those dog boots, socks, whatever they call them.
I noticed my Max stepped on a thorn once in NM. It can happen anytime. This pavement is not a normal natural walking surface for anyone. Shoes or covers are not a bad idea.
Hopefully this is     a one offer and it never happens again.
My AZ friend is in allot of pain. So much so that she just told me she can not write but not to worry about her.
One issue is her tooth. She has been putting off getting a new crown on it for too long. Cost is the main reason, she said even with her extra insurance it is too much. Insurance will cover $1,000; but the crown costs around $2,600!!!
If she was not in a wheelchair , she might of thought about heading to Mexico to fix her tooth.
The US is a real downer these days.
Like you mentioned, we can B and moan about prices but the west is pure murder with their high costs.
The more I hear my friends and family talk about prices in the US, the more I am afraid to even enter their air space!
My friend has also blown out 2 tendons in her hand, no fun when you need to push yourself in a chair.
She is so afraid of blowing out the rest of her hand.
Of course they could do surgery on her hand but after they messed her ankles up so that she can no longer walk, she is too paranoid of surgery. Can not blame her.
What does blow my mind is knowing how much she and her husband have given to various charities and people over the yeas , he has not spent any money on having a wheelchair ramp built for their 2,500 sq. foot home!
Now they are in the process of selling out and moving to a smaller place closer to hospitals etc.
Bought time to me.
It is nice to think of others but there comes a point where you have to care for yourself.
I always think my friend has somehow denied she is handicapped. Guess reality is setting in now.

-@Marilyn Tassy

I think we'll just let her do her thing without boots. 

She's about 6 now and this is the first time anything has happened which could be dangerous or needed medical attention.  We'll take the risk.  I'm nervous of the bills - even the anti-flea/ticket medicines cost 5K HUF a month.  I do not like these kind of commitments. I'd rather pay once and not be hounded (!) every month for dog medicine.   Tomorrow is another vet visit. I am hoping we get just an all clear and we can just keep an eye on her.

BTW, there's a dog party planned in City Park around the 8th or something.  Various categories (breeds) of dog will be there.  I expect there to be hundreds there.  We are not sure our Goldie will be able to go if her paw isn't better.   Not that I think she'll care much.  I don't think she knows what kind of dog she is.

Surely your friend can get to a dentist in Mexico?  She's right next door to the place if she's in AZ.  I am sure there would be places to stay for disabled people on the way there.   Bad teeth can really bring you down and worse, can cause really serious illnesses.  It's easy for me to say but her hubby must be able to get her in the car.   

Maybe there's some social endeavour/charity help centre that can provide her with a ramp?  In the UK, you can ask the local government for help and they will come and assess the needs and even pay for changes.  One person I know got a stairlift put in her old house paid for by the local government.  She did had to complain to her MP but that did the trick to get her moving up and down.

I'm planning to work on my hobby car today. Door lock is busted - I've repaired it as best I can.  The motor was burnt out but I've cleaned it up and got it working but it's bound to fail again. I could only stick it together using an hot glue gun.   As it's a North American car, I've had to order spares off Amazon US.   The door lock cost $42 but with the VAT and shipping, it's now $55 delivery to the house.    It would have been delivered for free in the US.    My No. 2 daughter is now going to live in Canada so we'll look into shipping to her and she can package me up a hobby car care box once in a while.  I hope she likes the snow and can get to a Post Office!

I really wish for good news about the paw situation.

IDK, I asked my eldest sister how old my half sisters little dog is.

Dang, 10 years old and still not housebroken!

My eldest sister wrote to tell me yesterday our half sisters dog made numbro 2 inside 2 times!!!

I am sorry, she and her dog would be out the door if she was staying with us!

I like dogs but I also draw a line. Good golly how disgusting.

My husband suggested that they set a timer every hour and take him out.

I have no clue how my halfie lived with her husband and dog but it sounds like something was very odd.

My eldest has dog accident pads all over her floors but that is no way to live.

I am seriously praying for my eldest sister. God help her!!

We went to lake Velence today, only stayed a couple of hours. It was super windy.

Got a good swim in and picked up some Vitamin D so had to leave early. That wind whipping on your skin is too much for me.

My AZ friend now lives closer to NV then Mexico and being in her chair and using a cath it is a complex thing for her to go anywhere.

She refuses to use dirty public facilities.

She always seems to pick up an UTI as it is.

Hard at times to totally understand what hassles everyday things for a disabled person is but it sounds like a horror show.

Just thinking of the adjustments that need to be done if and when, God willing my brother ever gets to go home again.

He will probably never be able to stand in a shower again, too dangerous if her slips standing on one leg.

I have to say a bit of my soul hurts lately when I think about the struggles of those I care about.

I thought the golden years were all fun and bingo!

Today at Velence we noticed a bus parked in the lot and a bunch of seniors eating and drinking in groups.

I guess one must learn to not be so involved in others problems, easier said then done!

As the saying goes, Love Hurts!

My AZ friend got an offer on their home from a friend of their newest next door neighbors friend.

They are inn a deal now to sell out and move to a smaller place near Tuson,AZ.

It seems to be happening fast, like within 2 months.

She is very upset to find out the guy lied to her when he told them he would take over feeding the wildlife and making sure they had water.

He only plans on using the home for vacations.

My friend and her husband spend allot of food and items for the wildlife near them.Sweet but she seems to not understand they are wild animals and she can not control nature. If it is dry the have no water, if there is no rain, they will not eat.

She wants to treat them like pets not part of the eco system.

She almost stopped the deal because the guy will not be treating wildlife they they have.

I really wish for good news about the paw situation.IDK, I asked my eldest sister how old my half sisters little dog is.Dang, 10 years old and still not housebroken!My eldest sister wrote to tell me yesterday our half sisters dog made numbro 2 inside 2 times!!!I am sorry, she and her dog would be out the door if she was staying with us!I like dogs but I also draw a line. Good golly how disgusting.My husband suggested that they set a timer every hour and take him out.I have no clue how my halfie lived with her husband and dog but it sounds like something was very odd.My eldest has dog accident pads all over her floors but that is no way to live.I am seriously praying for my eldest sister. God help her!! We went to lake Velence today, only stayed a couple of hours. It was super windy.Got a good swim in and picked up some Vitamin D so had to leave early. That wind whipping on your skin is too much for me.My AZ friend now lives closer to NV then Mexico and being in her chair and using a cath it is a complex thing for her to go anywhere.She refuses to use dirty public facilities.She always seems to pick up an UTI as it is.Hard at times to totally understand what hassles everyday things for a disabled person is but it sounds like a horror show.Just thinking of the adjustments that need to be done if and when, God willing my brother ever gets to go home again.He will probably never be able to stand in a shower again, too dangerous if her slips standing on one leg.I have to say a bit of my soul hurts lately when I think about the struggles of those I care about.I thought the golden years were all fun and bingo!Today at Velence we noticed a bus parked in the lot and a bunch of seniors eating and drinking in groups.I guess one must learn to not be so involved in others problems, easier said then done!As the saying goes, Love Hurts!My AZ friend got an offer on their home from a friend of their newest next door neighbors friend.They are inn a deal now to sell out and move to a smaller place near Tuson,AZ.It seems to be happening fast, like within 2 months.She is very upset to find out the guy lied to her when he told them he would take over feeding the wildlife and making sure they had water.He only plans on using the home for vacations.My friend and her husband spend allot of food and items for the wildlife near them.Sweet but she seems to not understand they are wild animals and she can not control nature. If it is dry the have no water, if there is no rain, they will not eat.She wants to treat them like pets not part of the eco system.She almost stopped the deal because the guy will not be treating wildlife they they have.        -@Marilyn Tassy

10 years old and not house broken.  That dog and his Mom are very naughty and both need some serious training and quickly too.  It's not acceptable behaviour at one's own home, never mind someone else's.

It's certainly warm enough for Velence or Balaton even.  I had thought about us going to Balaton for a weekend but meh, been there, done that and if I'm really hot I could have a cold shower.  Besides, there's enough to do here.  We have to tidy up the garden (again). It's non-stop gardening here.  Our sunflowers are all dead and the tomatoes are really on their last legs.  Mrs F has finally got around to painting the grapevine trellis I made but unexpectedly has run out of paint. Hmmm....that trellis is a saga longer than the complete works of Shakespeare.   The growing season for grapevines is long gone!

If you friend moves to Tuscon it's only 100 miles to Nogales, Mexico.  They could go there and back in a day - only 1h there and 1h back.  Maybe 2 trips.  It'd sort her tooth out once and perhaps for all.  New crown is going to last probably her life time.  If she's got a catheter in, she'll get UTIs if it's not looked after.

She's had it with the wildlife. It'll continue without her involvement anyway.  They are desert animals and used to life where they are. 

The para-Olympics show what can be done with disability.  With the right gear and determination, your bro will be pretty nimble on his one leg.  Amazing what people can do.  I don't think he'll have too much trouble in the shower.  If he has one of those fold down seats in the shower, and plenty of bars to hang on to, he'll be fine pulling himself up if he's had rehab and built up some upper body strength.   Maybe he or someone could write to Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Apparently he's really good at nutrition and strength training regimes for the disabled, especially veterans.  And he's willing to dish out advice for free.  So the stories online go anyway.  His politics suck but he sounds quite reasonable on disability etc.

Our doggy is walking around with a bright red sock on her paw.  We've taped it on as the vet said.  She's definitely looking better.  Maybe Monday, she'll be up for walkies again.  I'm waiting for her!

Yes, I hope my friend takes care of her tooth ASAP.

She is always saying how much it bothers her;. She could just pull it out but she is a bit vain since it is a front tooth.

Poor thing, twisted feet and not able to walk but still thinking of her looks.

She was prettier then average in her youth so it is a hard pill to swallow for her to be not her best at all times.

My bro would probably be home and walking by now if not for that sepsis. All his strength was used just to not die.He has a positive attitude though which is the most important thing for him to have right now.

I am disgusted by my half sister and her dog. She should not even have a dog sort of abusive to not teach him anything. My elder sister is already tired of thinking for 2 people.

Our mother was hard core with the 4 of her first born children but totally relaxed with her last 2 children.

My sister is very stubborn and seems to not get it at all. Still acts like a 9 year old girl.

I could not deal with her for more then a few hours at a time.

I know when she invited herself to Hawaii, I was mad the entire week.

Probably what set me off was me getting up at 5 am to work out and telling her to be ready for a full days adventures when I got home at around 7:30am. I got home and found her wandering around my kitchen eating her breakfast like she had all the time in the world.

I told her to get dressed so we could go. I waited and waited and finally banged on the door asking her what was going on. She was curling her hair!! Our first stop was to see a damp waterfall and then go swimming!!

I can not deal with dummies. I should start taking bets on how long my eldest sister can stand it.

I am disgusted by my half sister and her dog. She should not even have a dog sort of abusive to not teach him anything. ......

-@Marilyn Tassy

We're back from the vets and it's all looking good. 

The cost - 3 visits plus antibiotics and other materials - HUF 28K (USD 80).   

I reckon we dodged a vet's bill bullet there.

It might be because Mrs F knows them all anyway - village where she grew up.

Yes, I hope my friend takes care of her tooth ASAP.
She is always saying how much it bothers her;. She could just pull it out but she is a bit vain since it is a front tooth.
Poor thing, twisted feet and not able to walk but still thinking of her looks.
She was prettier then average in her youth so it is a hard pill to swallow for her to be not her best at all times.
My bro would probably be home and walking by now if not for that sepsis. All his strength was used just to not die.He has a positive attitude though which is the most important thing for him to have right now.

I am disgusted by my half sister and her dog. She should not even have a dog sort of abusive to not teach him anything. My elder sister is already tired of thinking for 2 people.
Our mother was hard core with the 4 of her first born children but totally relaxed with her last 2 children.
My sister is very stubborn and seems to not get it at all. Still acts like a 9 year old girl.
I could not deal with her for more then a few hours at a time.
I know when she invited herself to Hawaii, I was mad the entire week.
Probably what set me off was me getting up at 5 am to work out and telling her to be ready for a full days adventures when I got home at around 7:30am. I got home and found her wandering around my kitchen eating her breakfast like she had all the time in the world.
I told her to get dressed so we could go. I waited and waited and finally banged on the door asking her what was going on. She was curling her hair!! Our first stop was to see a damp waterfall and then go swimming!!
I can not deal with dummies. I should start taking bets on how long my eldest sister can stand it.

-@Marilyn Tassy

Bad teeth are best not ignored.  They can cause really difficult to treat illnesses and it'll be far worse than her looks.   No amount of attitude is going to fix that tooth. It'll certainly be cheaper to remove it.  I am sure Nogales, Mexico is full of dentists with the right tools.

I get the impression your bro has his head screwed on right, wants to live, is interested in life and is prepared to fight to have quality of life.  Good for him.  Maybe it'll bring extra purpose to retirement.

It's not the same I know but my MIL isn't living in our dimension.  Apparently she was all wrapped up in and clinging to her bedsheets this morning.  Why? Who knows?!  I am not sure in her dimension, she's able to have any determination or plans. It must be a jumble of thoughts, noises, sensations and so on, all of which cannot be easily deciphered.  Never had LSD but maybe it's like a 24x7 trip.   I've had some skunk hash in my misspent youth and that is scary stuff.  I could never recommend any of that to anyone. It was truly a horrible experience. Just say "No"!

Maybe your sister was taking the Hawaii visit as a definite holiday.  No-one wants to rush on holiday.   My No. 1 daughter went to Peru hiking some months back and that was walking/hiking like 8h to 12h a day for a week.  It's a lot! She says her hands still hurt from using those nordic style hiking sticks.  It seems to have been "too busy" - less a holiday than minor ordeal.   The hotels looked really good though!

Well, the latest is my sister has to add the half sis to her lease.

I told her to force her to get a job or make her move out to a shelter.*She can take the dog if she wants but do not add her to the lease or she will never get rid of her.

Sounds cruel and it is upsetting but I do not want my nearly 77 year old sister to over do it.

She is already paying bills that are not hers for the younger sister. She can not afford to take on any debt.

We could send enough to care for them both but we also saved by being frugal; I receive less then my eldest sister and allot less then the lazy sister will get in her early years at age 60. She will get fund at 60 only because she is a widow, not because she ever worked and paid taxes herself.

Makes me so angry to know she is now using my older sister just because my eldest sees herself as a Christian.

Our youngest sister had years to get herself together and she did nothing about it.I see it as the gov. problem, not ours. If we were rich that might be another matter.

My cousin just got back from a trip to Ecuador. He took a photo of half his body in the N. ecuador and the other in the S.

No idea where he and his wife get their energy for travel but they go all over the world at least 4 times per year.He is 75 years old and can not be stopped.

Yes my little bro takes after his father, never gives up hope and is strong, my half sister thought seems to take after our mothers aunt who hung herself.

Well, the latest is my sister has to add the half sis to her lease.I told her to force her to get a job or make her move out to a shelter.*She can take the dog if she wants but do not add her to the lease or she will never get rid of her.Sounds cruel and it is upsetting but I do not want my nearly 77 year old sister to over do it.She is already paying bills that are not hers for the younger sister. She can not afford to take on any debt.We could send enough to care for them both but we also saved by being frugal; I receive less then my eldest sister and allot less then the lazy sister will get in her early years at age 60. She will get fund at 60 only because she is a widow, not because she ever worked and paid taxes herself.Makes me so angry to know she is now using my older sister just because my eldest sees herself as a Christian.Our youngest sister had years to get herself together and she did nothing about it.I see it as the gov. problem, not ours. If we were rich that might be another matter.My cousin just got back from a trip to Ecuador. He took a photo of half his body in the N. ecuador and the other in the S.No idea where he and his wife get their energy for travel but they go all over the world at least 4 times per year.He is 75 years old and can not be stopped.Yes my little bro takes after his father, never gives up hope and is strong, my half sister thought seems to take after our mothers aunt who hung herself.    -@Marilyn Tassy

WTF?  Why would your sister add your other sister to the lease?   That's not a good idea.  It's integrating their finances.   

On the other hand,  while I don't know how it works over there,  I suppose your younger sister's husband did pay into the pension for the both of them.  She shouldn't lose her rights to those funds just because he died.  When my mother died, my Dad continued to receive half my mother's work pension plus his own and the government pension too.   But now they've both gone, that's it, any funds that were left are now absorbed back into that particular fund to share out with the many remaining members.

I've been discussing my MIL's substantial house with Mrs F.   I've had all sorts of ideas like turning it into a Bed and Breakfast,  turning it into two or possibly three town houses.  Interesting view from Mrs F was to split it into two apartments and these be entirely separated as pieces of property from her brother and herself.   Like independently owned by each party.    It's a very sensible thought - i.e.  want to keep an arms length on any business involvement.   I think many here in HU have said not to do business here with anyone, especially not family.

This morning and this afternoon, we were at the Dogz Festival in  City Park.  We took part in the Goldie Walk with many other Goldies of all kinds - perhaps 50 of them.  Our Goldie had a camera on her back so the footage will make its way into some report.   A lot of people passing by were very surprised to see many Goldies together.  Such a popular dog with families.   We got video'd a lot I suppose.   Our doggy and many others will be famous.

There was a section on Hungarian breeds like the Puli, Komondor and Kuvasz.   I've never seen a Komondor before.  That's one substantial and super shaggy dog.   And the Kuvasz looks like a Goldie on sterioids.  You wouldn't want to meet one of those in the woods.  People say the Puli is a nasty dog but they ones we saw were quite friendly.

My ex DIL had a black Puli. OK dog but way too much fur for me.

Goldies are pretty dogs, love the color of their fur. Always wished I was blessed with golden red hair like their fur shade.

Yes, the other Sunday they had a big dog show, hoe down, get together at lake Velence.

Might be connected to the same group of pet owners.

I probably would be interested in something like that if I still had my Doberman.

Your Goldie is a camera operator, cute.

Yes,IDK what my eldest sister is going to do now. I had a very restless night thinking about it.

Under normal circumstances with a normal minded person, it would not be bad. All she needs is for her rental space to go up because she is trying to help.

My younger sister is stuck in victim mode and I can not stand thinking she is taking anyone down with her.

This morning my husband even suggested he Might be willing if the rest of the family chipped in, to help pay for a short term place for her to live while she got a job. Key word is work.

The deal is I know her well, she will do anything to not work so it would be money down the drain and more negative feeling to try to help her.

My SIL, from my deceased brother was supporting her for awhile. I know she must of stopped, one reason she was tossed out from where she had been living. No money; no honey,they used her and when the funds stopped she was out in the cold.

I am so angry with her for being so stupid. She was left a small cozy home when her husband died. The morgage was so cheap, only $200. a month. Even a small part time job of any sort would of kept her going till she was 60.

At age 60 she will be able to collect from her husbands SS. Most working people can only take early retirement at age 62. she is lucky to be able to collect at 60. OK; not the full amount until she is 67 but enough to get by on if she knew how to handle money at all.

No too lazy to find a job so the bank took her home! Turns me insane to think of howa  silly she is.

She does stupid things one after the other. When her husband died,she sold his truck , one of them for nearly nothing. $600. she went out the same day and bought a new cell phone for $1,000.!!! Got herself in a phone contract for $110; per month and still is on the same old plan.

Spends without thinking. My eldest is willing to cover her bills for a month. I told her to not do it , that she can be like a homeless person and get a free gov; phone. maybe she can sell off her new phone, I mean she has already let things fall apart so low.

She also had another new truck from her husband.Semi new, worth about $9,000. She said she just gave it to the people she was staying with.

I just do not get it, I think she is a mental case and needs to be admitted into a hospital for care.

The thing is I sort of feel bad, before our mother died she had me promise  to try and help the youngest one. She knew she was not right in the head.

I can only do so much and am about done.

I give my eldest sister some advice but talk is cheap , I know.

It is an embarrassment really.

I can now understand how homeless people are not cared for by their families. There comes a limit to what someone can do if the other person is not willing to do anything for themselves. Different story if they are sick, I guess mental sickness is a thing too though.

She needs to do what our deceased bi polar cousin did, have a melt down, go into be sectioned for 30 days and then get on the gov. dole.

Hate to even think about it all really upsetting stuff. I do not understand, the other 5 of us have always taken care of our business without help, what is with her?

Yes, NEVER do business with friends or family;

99% of the time it does not work out.

Yes, after age 65, it is a different trip every 5 years instead of the old every 10 years or so. Drugs, same old story.  My brother wrote me today from his rehab room. One guy has been there for 3 years!!! Bro said the food tastes like prison food. Yes, he did 6 months years ago in the hole for beating the crap out of his friend and throwing him threw a plate glass window. His Jezsabel wife caused the riff. That was number 2 wife. My bro told me he had no idea where he was, could not even talk when he got out of his 6 weeks in a coma and later found out his ex wife number 1 had given him meth in his IV line. He refuses to believe his son knew anything but yes, drugs will turn even sons into monsters. He had a rough night, said the place ran out of his pain meds for 24 hours?? Hard to believe that, maybe one of the nurses was helping themselves to his meds? I do not trust these people any longer, watch too much crime tv shows. Drugs, those nurses can always supplement their incomes by selling drugs for patients. I know when our step dad died from cancer my sister had a fit when she found out mom had got rid of his left over methadone. She was quoting the st. value of the stuff!!! Sort of scary to know the prices, why did she know?? No problem in Hungary, they barely give you an aspirin without acting like it is a class one med! Oh, yes, my bro said a rookie female cop took the complaint about him getting a shot of meth in the ICU. She mishandled the whole thing. His doctor did shut down the entire ward to visitors though. I told him I knew about this, first he heard of it! Have to protect him, hard to not tell him about cra ,cra sister but for now he can let me know if knows anything. My lips are sealed to protect him from more stress. Eldest sister is OK with helping her for now? OK, I tried do not cry to me later! -@Marilyn Tassy

Replied here.   

I'm wondering about that 65 thing.  People are saying 70 is the new 60 etc but I think physically one's body cannot lie.  Eventually it's going to catch up with you, whatever it is.

I've always avoided pain meds but since I hurt my back, I'm quite keen to find some that actually work.

I was working in the garden yesterday putting trellis up for our grape vines and it required some digging and lifting.  I am now really paying for it with my right hip and lack of sleep.  I have to get Mrs F on the massaging job.   She's busy buying some new dog bowls online.   Life in suburbia.

I've neve had prison food (yet!) but maybe it's like people complaining about airline food. I actually quite like the food on the plane but being a diabetic, I've had to go for the sugarless version which ends up being quite bland. 

And if you fly Wizzair, one has to pay for everything.  In any case, the only thing I can have is tea.  But I've compensated by taking sandwiches. 

My ex DIL had a black Puli. OK dog but way too much fur for me.Goldies are pretty dogs, love the color of their fur. Always wished I was blessed with golden red hair like their fur shade.Yes, the other Sunday they had a big dog show, hoe down, get together at lake Velence.Might be connected to the same group of pet owners.I probably would be interested in something like that if I still had my Doberman.Your Goldie is a camera operator, cute.Yes,IDK what my eldest sister is going to do now. I had a very restless night thinking about it.Under normal circumstances with a normal minded person, it would not be bad. All she needs is for her rental space to go up because she is trying to help.My younger sister is stuck in victim mode and I can not stand thinking she is taking anyone down with her.This morning my husband even suggested he Might be willing if the rest of the family chipped in, to help pay for a short term place for her to live while she got a job. Key word is work.The deal is I know her well, she will do anything to not work so it would be money down the drain and more negative feeling to try to help her.My SIL, from my deceased brother was supporting her for awhile. I know she must of stopped, one reason she was tossed out from where she had been living. No money; no honey,they used her and when the funds stopped she was out in the cold.I am so angry with her for being so stupid. She was left a small cozy home when her husband died. The morgage was so cheap, only $200. a month. Even a small part time job of any sort would of kept her going till she was 60.At age 60 she will be able to collect from her husbands SS. Most working people can only take early retirement at age 62. she is lucky to be able to collect at 60. OK; not the full amount until she is 67 but enough to get by on if she knew how to handle money at all.No too lazy to find a job so the bank took her home! Turns me insane to think of howa  silly she is.She does stupid things one after the other. When her husband died,she sold his truck , one of them for nearly nothing. $600. she went out the same day and bought a new cell phone for $1,000.!!! Got herself in a phone contract for $110; per month and still is on the same old plan.Spends without thinking. My eldest is willing to cover her bills for a month. I told her to not do it , that she can be like a homeless person and get a free gov; phone. maybe she can sell off her new phone, I mean she has already let things fall apart so low.She also had another new truck from her husband.Semi new, worth about $9,000. She said she just gave it to the people she was staying with.I just do not get it, I think she is a mental case and needs to be admitted into a hospital for care.The thing is I sort of feel bad, before our mother died she had me promise  to try and help the youngest one. She knew she was not right in the head.I can only do so much and am about done.I give my eldest sister some advice but talk is cheap , I know.It is an embarrassment really.I can now understand how homeless people are not cared for by their families. There comes a limit to what someone can do if the other person is not willing to do anything for themselves. Different story if they are sick, I guess mental sickness is a thing too though.She needs to do what our deceased bi polar cousin did, have a melt down, go into be sectioned for 30 days and then get on the gov. dole.Hate to even think about it all really upsetting stuff. I do not understand, the other 5 of us have always taken care of our business without help, what is with her?Yes, NEVER do business with friends or family; 99% of the time it does not work out.    -@Marilyn Tassy

I dunno, some people are just rubbish with managing their lives and are just sleepwalking.   Your sister sounds like she doesn't really understand life.  But maybe she went off the rails when hubby died. Lost the plot completely.  If she owed money to the people she was with, she could have sold the truck and given them some of the cash and kept the rest.  Or perhaps they lent on her to cough up.    No way one needs a $1000 cell phone especially if one is really hard up.   My cellphone is nice enough and cost $200 equivalent.   A $1000 cellphone will be out of date in a few months as they change the models all the time.   

So if she sticks it out a bit, she'll get the SS.  Nice for her.  All she has to do is buy some time.

Yes, I think that's a good idea - never do any business with friends or family.  I hadn't thought about splitting the property up.  Mrs F has her street smarts working well.  Main thing is if it was split up and converted into apartments, what kind of rental income would it bring in? It's right in the middle of the village and a stones throw from everything you need - shop, kindergarten, bakery, town hall etc.  There are pricey ones further out of town but the rents are high.  Only a few people or expats could afford that kind of money.

Now it's raining, our Goldie has to stay inside.  If she gets wet, she gets a bit pongy. 

My half sister has always been a problem.

Mom took her in as a girl to have her evaluated.

They told mom she was OK but we all have our doubts!

Mom always bent over backwards for her. Spoiled her to death , did things for her she never did for us.

We can count the times our mother drove us to school on one hand.

Usually it was pouring rain.

Our half sis can count on one hand the few times if any she ever had to walk to school.

The thing is she is so slow doing things that even with a car ride, she was always late for school.

She never finishes anything she starts either. She started a manicuring course.

I think it was only a 350 hours.

She never finished the course.I had taken a cosmetology class earlier at the same college of beauty.

My class was 1,600 hours and I finished it all the while having a toddler baby and husband to care for.

Not a self starter sort for sure!

Man, not cool to think about past resentments. She also is a sore spot for me because she used to steal cash, larger amonts from our ill, widowed mother. Mom got SS due to being a disabled widow with cancer and having 2 minors to raise.

My ahlf sis took advantagfe of mom because she knew where mom kept her cash. Hundreds of dollars missing at a time.

Mom would call me up in a panic saying she misplaced her money. The whole time my sister was buying herself fancy dress ball gowns! She also had a collection of crystal figures all over her room.

When she turned 18 my eldest sister volunteered to take her off moms hands. She was sent to Minn. from Ca.

My sister at the time had her teen step daughter also living with her.

Our sister just would not move, not find a job, have to be told time after time to help with simple things.

Still doing the same old act. My eldest said she cleared out a closet for the younger sister; 2 weeks now and she still has not unpacked her bags.

Last time she put up with her for 6 months, lets see how long she can stand it this time around!

My half sister has always been a problem.Mom took her in as a girl to have her evaluated.They told mom she was OK but we all have our doubts!Mom always bent over backwards for her. Spoiled her to death , did things for her she never did for us.We can count the times our mother drove us to school on one hand.Usually it was pouring rain.Our half sis can count on one hand the few times if any she ever had to walk to school.The thing is she is so slow doing things that even with a car ride, she was always late for school.She never finishes anything she starts either. She started a manicuring course.I think it was only a 350 hours.She never finished the course.I had taken a cosmetology class earlier at the same college of beauty.My class was 1,600 hours and I finished it all the while having a toddler baby and husband to care for.Not a self starter sort for sure!Man, not cool to think about past resentments. She also is a sore spot for me because she used to steal cash, larger amonts from our ill, widowed mother. Mom got SS due to being a disabled widow with cancer and having 2 minors to raise.My ahlf sis took advantagfe of mom because she knew where mom kept her cash. Hundreds of dollars missing at a time.Mom would call me up in a panic saying she misplaced her money. The whole time my sister was buying herself fancy dress ball gowns! She also had a collection of crystal figures all over her room.When she turned 18 my eldest sister volunteered to take her off moms hands. She was sent to Minn. from Ca.My sister at the time had her teen step daughter also living with her.Our sister just would not move, not find a job, have to be told time after time to help with simple things.Still doing the same old act. My eldest said she cleared out a closet for the younger sister; 2 weeks now and she still has not unpacked her bags.Last time she put up with her for 6 months, lets see how long she can stand it this time around!    -@Marilyn Tassy

Sounds like a freeloader.  Sorry to say that.  Maybe something wrong with her mind or she's just a user. 

Most people have intuition to help when things need doing around the house.   Especially if they know they are really just a guest.  They offer to help and find stuff to contribute to living in the space.  Even if it's just sweeping up or tidying the garden.

Teenagers lack the social skills or don't care but your sis hasn't got that as an excuse.

Maybe she could find a new rich husband and freeload off of him.

I have to say it.  My ex-wife was a lazy as hell.  She had no go in her and seemed to resent any requests.  All she wanted to do is sit at home on the sofa and read books.  Living in fantasy land.  Used to drive me mad.  It was a long time ago but time has not dulled that particular feeling that there were things to do and no-one was doing any of them apart from me.  OK, she looked after the kids but many people do that and have jobs. 

I also see it in my MIL before dementia.  She used to have a job which got her moving but for many years now she's reverted back to her base behaviour - sitting in the dark doing nothing.  I mean literally sitting without the lights on, staring blankly into space. 

OK, she's ill now and no-one can really tell what is going on there.  This morning she was unresponsive.  She was alive and sitting up but didn't seem to be communicating.  That's quite odd.  She doesn't know that she's not behaving normally.  I guess that's the disease.

I fear for the day when Mrs F goes and she's dead on the floor. 

I really hope Mrs. Fluffy never sees her mother down and out. Or at least she is not alone if it happens.

It can really take the wind out of you even if you expect such a thing could possibly happen.

I know when my half sister just blurted out over the phone that my cool sister was dead, I just went down in a pile of tears and screams.

Not something you just blurt out over the phone without giving a set up first, like sit down I have some bad news to tell you.

Thoughtless.

My half sister defo has some missing social skills;. Hard to believe because we other 5 learned to think of others feeling first and to think before speaking in a negative way. Only get to the nitty gritty when you have to but never to hurt anyone by being too thoughtless for no reason.

I can not help those 2 sisters of mine.

Both never had children , think of pets as humans and I am not sure how much they could ever really give up for someone else. They put all their natural love into pets. It is easy to love a pet who never has their own opinion or mind.

Latest is their tv set went out. They just ran out and got a new one!!

I just do not think as they do. If I was broke, I would just use my $1,000 cell phone or laptop to see whatever I needed. I know I am digging because she wasted money on a $1,000 phone. That alone blows my mind. Not like she needs to chat with anyone that badly to spend that much. My husband bought a good one for around $300; and he will probably keep it until it no longer works .

Or look at a second hand one. many people move and give these items to charity where you can buy them for a song.

Guess that is why we have savings and they use credit cards!

My half sister was cleaning around the older sister place, but that is not why she is there; She should be working not playing house.

She cleaned the stove and oven and what is weird, she tossed out food from the freezer because she thought it was freezer burned. Maybe it was but it is not her food and since she brought no dog food with her, she could of cooked it up for the dog. Do not think it would hurt him.

IDK, I can not give advice if they do not want it.

We have a fairly brand new TV in storage in Vegas; I would of just given it to them if it was possible.

I have an extra tv set her now, which is in the way; Was thinking of putting it out next toss out day.

Not a new plasma tv but still good; A Sony dual system tv with remote. Picked it up just to watch yoga videos with years ago. No longer need it as the internet has just about everything available these days.

IDK what those 2 are going to do if inflation gets worst or jobs get harder to find or keep.

Oh, if it were that easy to find a rich husband who would indulge you, I think there would not be so many women going to college to make their own way.

I know back in the day, sending your daughter to uni meant they had a good chance of finding an up and coming bag of money in the form of a husband.

My mother was practical, told us to be a 50s or rather 60s housewife but to never depend on a man either.Have to know how to get by on your own because no mate wants a hanger on.

I know our aunt on moms side was considered an old maid for the late 1950s.

She was a career women and did not marry until she was old, an elderly 28 years old!

Sounds crazy these days but everyone had given up on her at that age.

My husband jokes that if he should go, I should go on a senior cruise, Id be the best looking, He knows he has to say that much, lady there and all the rich old dudes would be chasing me. I laugh, he is crazy, more like they would be rolling in a wheelchair or using a walker!

No way, one husband in this lifetime is enough for me. Some people can never be replaced even if it could come with credit cards and a easy life.

I am, almost 70, no big dreams of some price charging in at this late date!!

He said my sister should of gone on a senior cruise; Silly, I know on those so called, Love Boats there is a larger percentage of old desperate women then there are old silly men willing to give money out like a vending machine. Have to live in reality.

More then likely any old men not married already are either sickly, mentally off or have children in line for whatever hand outs there are.

My sister let herself go, I was a bit put off when we chatted online with video.

She has a gym member ship but obviously she never uses the gym.

What blows my mind is my half sister did not learn a word of advice from our mother.

Make that prince not price.

With my luck, I would kiss a frog and presto, I would also turn into a frog!!

Make that prince not price.
With my luck, I would kiss a frog and presto, I would also turn into a frog!!

-@Marilyn Tassy

Haha, I dunno, life as a frog might be OK as their world is smaller and they are easily satisfied. Our lad had a pet toad and it couldn't be happier buried in earth and only coming out to eat maggots we got from the fishing shop.  Life is simple for frogs in the frog universe.  There's no stress to get on and prove yourself in Frogland. 

Bit like the 1950s or 1960s.  It was definitely a frog kissing exercise back then thanks to Hollywood. 

It seems to me nearly all the women (and yes, some men) wanted to be Doris Day and married to Rock Hudson, living in a modern open plan house with a giant gas guzzling station wagon car with wood down the side that bounced from too soft suspension.     

Of course the reality was Doris couldn't hold her relations together with poor partner choices and Rock was as gay as the day was long. 

In some ways, they could have been the ideal couple in real life.  They could have lived under that facade while doing their own thing. 

At least Doris and Rock had a great legacy - those easy movies they made together.  Only three of them but great rainy afternoon movies.  In fact, anything with Doris in works great on a Sunday in winter.

Now, I shout it from the highest hills

Even told the golden daffodils

Story is, she recorded that on the first take, no rehearsal, because she wanted her voice to sound fresh.

The lyrics are sort of dumb, but her incredible phrasing of them more than compensates.

Now, I shout it from the highest hills
Even told the golden daffodils
Story is, she recorded that on the first take, no rehearsal, because she wanted her voice to sound fresh.

The lyrics are sort of dumb, but her incredible phrasing of them more than compensates.

-@zif

Ah, Calamity Jane.  She must have done at least the mime in one take and they edited it onto the scene.  No matter, it's a real classic and one of my fave Doris movies.   

She was so very talented and could pull off so many things at the same time - acting/singing/dancing and obviously horse riding.

OK, it's not Shakespeare but even more than entertaining and fantastically successful.

I loved her in Calamity Jane.

As a small child I always dressed up like a cowgirl.

Just too American, I know. Had real fancy leather cowgirl boots that my father insisted on buying me around age 5. I wore a cowgirl hat with long braids down my back, vest with fringe and had on my pair of 6 shooters, just cap guns.

I really enjoyed the western vibe when living in New Mexico. No excuse needed to wear some Wranglers and a pair or Ropers, stable training boots. Everyone and their mothers dressed in some sort of western wear there one time or the other; The NM State fair for sure!

I always knew something was up with old Rock Hudson, could not put my finger on it but he was just too neat and well groomed all the time, smiled too sweetly . May he RIP, too bad he had to hide his nature from the world, must of caused him allot of stress.

My eldest sister said our half sister has brought a jinx with her.

I knew it. she is full of mixed up personalities. I personally call them demons but not everyone believes in spirits.

In the past few days, my eldest sisters  tv set, only 2 years old broke, her e mail address is not working right, her toilet broke and she was sold the wrong replacement parts, the shower rack broke.

IDK, maybe she needs to bring in a witch doctor?

I loved her in Calamity Jane.As a small child I always dressed up like a cowgirl.Just too American, I know. Had real fancy leather cowgirl boots that my father insisted on buying me around age 5. I wore a cowgirl hat with long braids down my back, vest with fringe and had on my pair of 6 shooters, just cap guns.I really enjoyed the western vibe when living in New Mexico. No excuse needed to wear some Wranglers and a pair or Ropers, stable training boots. Everyone and their mothers dressed in some sort of western wear there one time or the other; The NM State fair for sure!I always knew something was up with old Rock Hudson, could not put my finger on it but he was just too neat and well groomed all the time, smiled too sweetly . May he RIP, too bad he had to hide his nature from the world, must of caused him allot of stress.My eldest sister said our half sister has brought a jinx with her.I knew it. she is full of mixed up personalities. I personally call them demons but not everyone believes in spirits.In the past few days, my eldest sisters  tv set, only 2 years old broke, her e mail address is not working right, her toilet broke and she was sold the wrong replacement parts, the shower rack broke.IDK, maybe she needs to bring in a witch doctor?        -@Marilyn Tassy

Maybe your gaydar was working with Rock.  I never had any thoughts about him as anything else but the heteronormal.   THere's been a lot of those guys allegedly hiding their sexuality - Randolph Scott and William Holden to name two.  And most surprising, Will Geer (of Grandpa Walton fame) who it seems was quite open about his orientation.

I'd have thought Western gear was hugely impractical with all those tassels, big hats, big belt buckles and clomping great boots.  I can see the attraction though.

You say your sister has jinxed the other one!  Well today is the day to invoke those mischief makers as it's actually 9/11 today.   I didn't see anything in the news about it at all on the news sites I visit.  It's like everyone forgot about it.

There is a U tubber who does allot of detailed research into Old Hollywood stars.

She is titled: Karine Alourde.

Seems according to her research, more then half of these stars were either gay or swang both ways!!!

She has names, dates and it all.

Who was with who when whatever film was being made etc.

Yes, not much about 9/11 in the news.

Perhaps the current gov. in the US does not want people to remember so close to Nov. and the vote.

We have so many illegals in the US and the current ;rulers. are not stopping it.

IDK, but it looks like Springfield Ohio has more pet issues then we ever could of dreamt about in Hawaii!

It tastes like chicken!

There is a U tubber who does allot of detailed research into Old Hollywood stars.
She is titled: Karine Alourde.
Seems according to her research, more then half of these stars were either gay or swang both ways!!!
She has names, dates and it all.
Who was with who when whatever film was being made etc.
Yes, not much about 9/11 in the news.
Perhaps the current gov. in the US does not want people to remember so close to Nov. and the vote.
We have so many illegals in the US and the current ;rulers. are not stopping it.
IDK, but it looks like Springfield Ohio has more pet issues then we ever could of dreamt about in Hawaii!
It tastes like chicken!

-@Marilyn Tassy

Haha, I was looking at my dog and cat and seeing them in the oven. 

But then I also thought this isn't Hawai'i or Springfield.  D'oh. 

Trump really didn't come out very well on that cats and dogs issue.  It's so stupid to mention it in the debate.  And I reckon he was shooting from the hip, going off message.   That will be his downfall.

If we thought Joe Biden was not with it, Trump seems to be living somewhere like Alpha Centauri.  There's no way he could win against Kamala.  She's going to be adept at manipulating him, simply because she's an experience trial lawyer.   She got him on the ropes a few times.  And she's right, he's easily manipulated by someone like Putin.

I did see a few reports of people other than Trump saying Trump won the debate but I reckon they must have been watching some other show.   I couldn't watch the entire thing  as it's too stupid so I stuck to the highlights.  The major highlight for him - the cats and dogs and for her - too many to mention.   The news channels are only talking about the cats and dogs.  Just lunacy. 

Will it make any difference? I don't think so.  Looks like people have entrenched positions even now.  What will be interesting is Donny's sentencing for criminal fraud in November post-election. And to a lesser extent, the assault damages appeal.  If he wins his criminal fraud appeals or he's President, he's not doing time, if he loses, he's going to do some time/wear a tag/probation and blah-blah.  If it's the latter, he'll be out of our hair for probably a year, with his mouth zipped shut.  And one year on, no-one cares about the loser.

BTW, there's a Trump movie around.  I saw a trailer.  I don't think I can face watching it.  We see enough of the guy already due to the election and he's someone I'd rather forget.

I did see a memorial to 9/11 but it was all a bit low key.  People still dying from that.

How can America get any respect with the clown show going on for all to see?

Makes me think of Rodney Dangerfield, cann,t  get no respect.

I am defo sure some people are indulging their gourmet desires with catching pets.

Crazy as it seems, my history in Hawaii proves my point, at least it does to me.

Disgusting.

Culture clash for sure!

9/11. IDK not sure if it was an inside job or not but innocent people did die and are still dying.My son could of very easily been on one of those flights to Ca from Boston.

Lucky us, we moved to Vegas so he went aboard a flight to Vegas instead of to S. Ca; that day out of Logan in Boston.

He flew in from Budapest to Paris and was to connect in NYC to a flight into Vegas on 9/11.

His flight was changed last min without us knowing to Logan instead of NYC.

I picked him up early morning in Vegas and he had just gone to sleep when the phone rang.

My eldest sister was screaming and crying , asking where he was. She knew he was flying in that day.

She then told me to turn on my tv set. Could not believe my eyes;. Somehow the planes did not look real crashing into the towers. Everything else looked real but that.

I really felt a sad connection to the families knowing just by fate we did not lose our son in that horror show.

Back in 1975 I went up to the observation deck on one of the towers. Not sure but think it was on the 73rd floor.  Those people who jumped , oh my God they were even higher up then the 73rd floor.

How can America get any respect with the clown show going on for all to see?Makes me think of Rodney Dangerfield, cann,t  get no respect.I am defo sure some people are indulging their gourmet desires with catching pets.Crazy as it seems, my history in Hawaii proves my point, at least it does to me.Disgusting.Culture clash for sure!9/11. IDK not sure if it was an inside job or not but innocent people did die and are still dying.My son could of very easily been on one of those flights to Ca from Boston.Lucky us, we moved to Vegas so he went aboard a flight to Vegas instead of to S. Ca; that day out of Logan in Boston.He flew in from Budapest to Paris and was to connect in NYC to a flight into Vegas on 9/11.His flight was changed last min without us knowing to Logan instead of NYC.I picked him up early morning in Vegas and he had just gone to sleep when the phone rang.My eldest sister was screaming and crying , asking where he was. She knew he was flying in that day.She then told me to turn on my tv set. Could not believe my eyes;. Somehow the planes did not look real crashing into the towers. Everything else looked real but that.I really felt a sad connection to the families knowing just by fate we did not lose our son in that horror show.Back in 1975 I went up to the observation deck on one of the towers. Not sure but think it was on the 73rd floor.  Those people who jumped , oh my God they were even higher up then the 73rd floor.        -@Marilyn Tassy

Glad your son dodged that 9/11 bullet.  We saw it all live on TV.  We thought it was an apocalypse.

I don't know if the election really is a clown show right now.   The system has been set up to allow clowns equal participation.  One might call it a sh*t show. 

But it's quite weird how people are perceived to be. 

We've got Trump who is obviously a big mouth total lightweight TV personality and yet in Ukraine, we've got the voice of Paddington Bear in Zelensky, and even musician who turns out to be a remarkable heavyweight in trying times.   

Has Trump actually been tested?  Not really.  Has Kamala been tested?  No, really.

It's not like there was any war or massive international crisis for Trump to prove himself last time he was in the White House.   Or Kamala, Not really.

But who do would one trust with their finger on the button?  I'd trust Kamala more simply because she's more likely to act on analytics, tactics and strategy rather than someone seeking self-aggrandisements.  Tricky!

I suppose eating dogs and cats is just normal for some people. I mean, if we eat cows and pigs, I suppose dogs and cats are fair game.  I was in Uganda with Mrs F and we had this massive invasion of insects which happens only once in a while.  We were horrified but the locals were gathering them up and frying them and selling them.  They said they were really tasty.  We didn't fancy them at all!

And I'd certainly be interested in minorly salacious gossip about old movie stars.  I'm going to look that Youtuber up.  I really like all that old movie stuff from the 50s/60s/70s. 

I think you will enjoy the U tubber. Hollywood is a dark place really.

Even John Wayne had some sort of racy photos taken when he was a nobody newbie in Hollywood.

I have no fear of a nuke attack, if that is the way to go so be it.

I can think of a million worst ways to go.

The world in my humble opinion is not full of strong people like there was during WW2.

Everyone is so self centered and weak, if they break a fingernail it is the end of the world for them.

Yes, eating cows, sheep, etc; can be seen as just as bad as eating dogs and cats BUT we have domesticated dogs and cats and brought them into our inner circle.

Eating bugs, my son had a GF from Korea. She laughed and told me when she was a child the Bug Man would come down the st. and every child came running out to get their bug treat just like we children in the west would run out when the ice cream man came down the st.

I think you will enjoy the U tubber. Hollywood is a dark place really.
Even John Wayne had some sort of racy photos taken when he was a nobody newbie in Hollywood.
I have no fear of a nuke attack, if that is the way to go so be it.
I can think of a million worst ways to go.
The world in my humble opinion is not full of strong people like there was during WW2.
Everyone is so self centered and weak, if they break a fingernail it is the end of the world for them.
Yes, eating cows, sheep, etc; can be seen as just as bad as eating dogs and cats BUT we have domesticated dogs and cats and brought them into our inner circle.
Eating bugs, my son had a GF from Korea. She laughed and told me when she was a child the Bug Man would come down the st. and every child came running out to get their bug treat just like we children in the west would run out when the ice cream man came down the st.

-@Marilyn Tassy

Korea is clearly a strange place. I suppose the place to start with insect consumption is to make it into something else like insect burgers or insect dog or cat food or animal feed.  People will get used to that normality and it will be more and more acceptable. I think people are upping their vegetable intake anyway as meat gets more expensive. It takes a lot of land and energy to raise plants to feed animals. It's like a step that could be skipped. I notice in Burger King, one can get a Plant Whopper.  Never tried it.  Maybe next time.  Currently, I don't think I'm hungry enough to stomach a Bug Burger. 

Putin's people have said if Western long range missiles are allowed to hit Russian territory, then Russia is at war with NATO.  It's what he's always wanted and unsurprising.  He also got his sycophants to trot out the nuclear threat again.  His proxy Medvedev is an obvious alcoholic and he pops up now and again, sounding worse for wear and using the same threats of nuclear war.   They are all drunk most of the time it seems.

But Putin ain't stupid - if he uses a nuclear weapon on Ukraine, he'll wake up with parts of his country decimated. It might not all happen at once but he'd lose some big city far from Moscow, perhaps in Siberia.  Just as a demonstration. Maybe he'll get a warning on it so he can evacuate or he'll decide to hit elsewhere.  Like Paris or London or somewhere potentially inconsequential like Iceland.  If he hits somewhere very central, it'll be MAD.  Back to the 70s it seems.

China will be cutting him loose as they favour a gradual takeover over many years using 5th columnists and debt and not a brutal war. And they would take a wider war as an opportunity to take back the Chinese areas currently held by Russia.  Russia will get broken up.  Not what Vlad wanted.

Iran will want a nuclear show down so they can get to heaven faster. 

I think we'll survive (the human race) but it'll look pretty damn miserable for many years.