Midweek Mojitos

Hey everyone,

I found this forum really useful when I first arrived in Phnom Penh and have made some fantastic friends through it. So myself and some of the wonderful people I've met thanks to Expat.com are planning on going for cocktails at Elsewhere bar this wednesday if anybody else is interested in joining us. Would be great to meet some new people. And the Mojitos are some of the best in Phnom Penh.

Sam
:)

Hi Sam

My wife and I have been in PP for about two weeks. We've met some good people and wouldn't mind meeting some more.  What time were you planning your get-together?

Best
Jackson

I've suggested to meet around 19:30. Happy hour ends at 8 o'clock so depending on Cambodian timing we could get a round or two in before it ends.

Would be great to see you and your wife there. Welcome to Phnom Penh! :-)

(Facebook link in case you're interested in seeing who else is coming or inviting more people yourself facebook.com/event.php?eid=129612720438878&index=1)

Hey, I've been in PP for a few months now and have found it a little isolating but have just stumbled upon this site! Is it cool if I crash the party and join in for a few quiets? Being Khmer I could try and talk them into maybe extending happy hour?? Or just do what I usually get them to do and order a few before happy hour finishes and they stagger delivery during the night :)

Cheers

Amarith

Yeah of course! The more the merrier!

This site was great for me when I first arrived in Phnom Penh too.

Hopefully see you on Wednesday!

Hey Sam,i wont be able to come this Wednesday but next Wednesday ill be there.:)

It's already become a weekly event!

Looking forward to seeing you next week 'nikkinik'.

Hope Thailand's treating you well :)

me & kiwikimbo will be there :) sam - finally get to meet you!

Hey Sam, just wondering if you could let us know which street elsewhere bar is on?? I've google mapped it but get random results that seem to change depending on what time of day I to it! 

Cheers

Am

Excellent, glad to hear you're coming! :-)

Elsewhere is on street 278, opposite Equinox and Liquid. Near to Street 51 and Wat Langka. South of Independence Monument in BKK1.

See you all tonight!

So Midweek Mojitos was such a success this week, with around 20ish expats showing up, that we will be doing the same thing again next Wednesday, 2nd February 2011.

Same place, same time.

Everyone welcome.

(Facebook link: facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=185693064785581)

This time ill be there for sure:) See ya Samantha1

discussion sticked ;)

Thanks for posting this!
I will be there too this week...I am looking forward to meeting some other expats here.

Hi 'Debs115'

We'll see you on Wednesday then!

Have a good week :)

So... Midweek Mojitos - The Trilogy

...will be happening this Wednesday, 9th February 2011 at Elsewhere Bar, Street 278. From 19:30 onwards.

New people very much welcome!

(Facebook event link: facebook.com/event.php?eid=185657971468892)

This week's event...

'T.F.I. FRIDAY'

...is on Friday 18th February 2011 at Touk (opposite FCC on Riverside). From 17:00 onwards. Half price happy hour until 19:30.

Be great to meet some more new people :-)

(Facebook event link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?ei … 7721519759)

So this week there's a dinner planned for Wednesday night, 2nd March 2011, at a restaurant called Chichas. 5:30pm on street 110, just off of riverside, near to Riverhouse.

Feel free to come along. The crowd is getting bigger every week.

Hey Guys,

So myself and some of the other 'expat-bloggers' are going to be celebrating St Patrick's Day next Thursday, 17th March 2011.

Starting off in Green Vespa for some Irish stew and first drink of the day (unless you're actually Irish then you'll probably already be drunk by this point...Nuala ;-) ) Then working our way south down the Riverside, hitting up the Irish bars and parties.

Last stop at Quealy's for those of you hard core enough to make it that far.

Wear green or suffer the consequences.

For the teachers, plan tests, movie time and silent reading for your Friday morning!

Hope to see some new people there!

( facebook.com/event.php?eid=134489836620339 )

Sam :)

No plan for quiet sundays and mondays? ;-)

There could be! We sometimes go for brunch on Sundays at the moment. But could always organise something a bit more exciting. What did you have in mind? :)

Hello everyone,

I'm a German  who's always looking for new experiences and nice people to get in contact with. I'm not really "new" in town (cause I've already spent some time in Phnom Penh during the last years) but I'm back and after settling into work and my apartment I'm feeling  a bit isolated.
Would love to join your meetings and to catch up with you guys!

Georgie

Hi and welcome on Expat.com Georgie :)

Regards
Armand

Hi Georgie!

How's it going? We don't really have anything big planned this week as we're all heading off the week after for Khmer New Year. But if you want to meet for a coffee, cocktail or dinner one night this week, I could get a few people together. Do you have plans for Khmer New Year yourself?

Hi Samantha!
Actually, I don't have special plans for Khmer New year. i might just stay with some cambodian friends in the city!!
I'm quite busy this week so I might meet you after khmer new year? That would be great!!! But thanks for your offer!
Have a lovely day
Georgie

Hey, any midweek stuff forcoming ? Have seen the post long time ago but never went with you !

Heya,

We're not going to be doing anything next week as it's Khmer New Year and most of us are off to various parts of the country. But maybe we could organize something for the week after. Anything particular in mind? Any bars/restaurants you want to try out?

Hey Guys,

We're planning on doing another Mojito night. How is Wednesday 1st June for everyone?

Sam :)