Menu
Expat.com

Missing home?

Last activity 28 April 2017 by tayyab bajwa

Neo75

That's right, you've got to be open minded. But you've got to know the language too. For example in Tunisia very few people know English. Almost everybody speaks French

CurrentlyDebugging

Well, I can't say i miss so much

I miss my spying/nosy  neighbors .. (NOT !!!!!)

The place i am i like it love it enjoy it cant complain ..

what i truly miss is " Hey wake up its morning time to get up (sweet voice) " from my mom
(she still calls me every day early morning .)

me and my dad playing video games/ or watching movies on Sundays when everyone is home ..

bilogclark

i do miss everything about my home. I can communicate, go anywhere i want  and feel safe. moving to another country is difficult mostly when you don't speak their native language.  i'm still trying to find some friends and travel companion to enjoy europe but look like my chance is very little.

Joyern

I've been in saudi for three years, actually what i  miss most is my country food and my family.living in another country is not that easy especially the first time

Neo75

Thank you,  Joyern, for this condivision.

wael wilou ca

It's not '' many peaple in tunisia speak english

GuestPoster7534

i miss the freedom and feel of safety(;

Primadonna
mohend1979 wrote:

hi

Thanks for your inspirational contribution  sleep.png

Primadonna

I miss mostly my home country when my mood is down. I don't really crave for food or things but if I have to fill in something then it will be the salty air from the sea.

And when I am depressed or get a flash back causing by a fragrance or a pop up memory than I miss everything of my beloved country.

Fred

If I were to be serious (The thought makes me vomit), I would say I miss the Pennines, the Indian food and being able to use my local dialect.

It's very hard work having to be careful not to use the language and accent that I find most comfortable and use by default, but no bugger understands a word if I talk Barnsley.
I have to admit I like to old mates from time to time, as much to 'talk propper' as talk to them.

Huw1981

Theres not much I really miss I am happy I moved to Slovakia. When it comes to food and drink alot of things I have learnt to make myself. For instance ginger beer and dandelion and burdock pop I taught myself to make. If I crave british sausages I will do them myself. Its actually taught me to be quite resourceful and gave me a bit of a hobby to do. Next on the list homemade british beer wink.png

SimCityAT
Huw1981 wrote:

If I crave british sausages I will do them myself. wink.png

If ever in Austria, pop down to Vienna and try some Britwurst

You also have Tescos in Slovakia

nileshtks
Primadonna wrote:
mohend1979 wrote:

hi

Thanks for your inspirational contribution  sleep.png

LOL comment

Fred

I have decided I miss nothing from home because Indonesia is now my home.
PS - I've found an excellent Indian curry mix.

JOEnjoy

xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Wrong language. English only is allowed on the anglophone forum.
JOEnjoy

Well, I do miss the home especially today afternoon , me accompanied with other 2 housemate to walk around to digest the dinner. When the black sky curtain fell down and the bright stars hang on ,  we are talking in our own language in the noisy amharic environment, that time fell lonely, deep lonely and miss home....deeply. Actually the Chinese Tomb Sweeping Day just passed, which is a 3-day holiday that the family should get together to memory the relatives in Heaven and at the same time enjoy the spring coming outside in nature, but I am NOT there, I should be there...

GuestPoster7534

I don't miss India much since its been almost a decade since I left India, I am quiet comfortable living at any place even if I don't speak their language..

JRE_China

There are couple of nice places to get Indian food. I know its not same as in home, but good enough.
Masala
Go and order thalia and you shall feel home

JOEnjoy

which city are you in?

tayyab bajwa

muscat

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles