Accommodation in Vientiane?

Hello, I am an online teacher looking to spend a few months in Laos. I would like a single room, with fast internet. A condo would be fine. Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi Travellr,

Welcome on board.

Feel free to drop an ad in the Housing in Vientiane section, giving specific details about your requirements.

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com team

@Travellr

I suggest an online search.
I would check out guesthouses as you can negotiate rates for a long term stay. No worries then with deposits, payments for water, power etc.

stumpy wrote:

@Travellr

I suggest an online search.
I would check out guesthouses as you can negotiate rates for a long term stay. No worries then with deposits, payments for water, power etc.

This is good advice and the best way to go. You'll also be right downtown with all the food and fun within a short walk. There are plenty of nice guest houses. You could even try to negotiate a price with some of the hotels. Many charge $20-25 a night (the Best Western for example) and that includes free wifi and breakfast. They may be willing to do a deal for a 1 month price.

Thanks, that sounds like good advice. I have stayed in Bfs, pleasant places to plant one's posterior.

Anyone has some good suggestions of guesthouses that are willing to offer discounted monthly prices concrning this topic? Planning to move out from Bangkok to Vientiane area for either teaching work or biz set up towards Jan. 2020. Many thanks in advance.

Read post #3 here.

There are a myriad of guesthouses in Vientiane. Most will negotiate a price for longer term residency.

Check them out on Google.

You should first find an area in Vientiane that suits your needs, like proximity to restaurants,bars etc.

Central Vientiane is easy to get around in by walking.