How to sponsor for a Vietnamese maid

Hi,

I would like to bring my existing Vietnamese maid to Abu Dhabi. However, looking at this link dubaitransitvisa.com/visa_maid_uae.html, it is said that the maid must be a national of one of these countries: Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Sri Lanka.

Nevertheless, I have heard that it is still possible to sponsor a maid from a country not from the above list. Does any have experience in this case?

I tried to contact nanny agency to see if they offer a service for this case but haven't got any reply yet. Thus, any information/help from you would be great.

Thanks,
Henry

Hi Henry,

Maybe too late to reply but i try. It is poosible to bring your vietnamese mate here in abu dhabi, my friends are vietnamses and married to australians husbands, they all sponsored a mate from Vietnam.

If you still need help, feel free to contact me

Hi Caramel,

Yes, I still need the information. It is great if you can ask your friends for me. Actually, I contacted Abu Dhabi government and they told me that since Vietnam is not in the list, I need to contact the ministry of labor to get a special permission, which is quite complex.

Thank you,
Henry

Henry,

Go to the immigration office and speak to the Captain yourself, you are far more likely to receive a favourable response by making a personal visit than going through the official channels and getting a refusal.

Hi Henry,
Did you find the way to sponsor you vietnamese maid? I am in Dubai and would like to do the same. Pls advice
Thank you

Hi Hana,

It is very hard to sponsor a Vietnamese maid since Vietnamese is not in the list of countries that allow to do this type of job here. Thus, any application will be processed case by case and I don't think that there is a high probability to get it accepted. I have ever tried, anyway. If you want to try, you can try and let me know the result.

Cheers,
Henry

It's almost impossible to sponsor a maid of the same nationality as the sponsor. The locals think that you're bringing in the family...