Menu
Expat.com

What are your MVV experiences?

Last activity 10 October 2024 by richardedward4783

Schat29

Your partner must submit latest 3 months salary slip and atleast 1yr contract. And the salary must be atleast almost €1600 (as far as i remember)

You can check the form if what you need to send if ypu are in a registered partnership.

Reya19

Hey , Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the form, it does not specify what exactly we have to submit except the registered partnership  certificate.

somewhere i read that you need to show sufficient fund to apply for mvv. And my partner works here in Aus, Cant he just show his pay slips of working here in Australia and a year contract of the Netherlands?

Cheers

Joyner Jay

Hi All
Am Kenyan and we started the process on 22 July 2018 and after a week they asked for payment, which we did and they sent acknowledgement of receipt of payment the next day.

My partner and I were requested to send an extra document  on 7th September and they gave us two weeks to send it.

It's been 10 weeks and we are still waiting 

Hope to receive the reply soonest

Samantha Lima
Schat29 wrote:

Does the antecedent verklaring was filled up by you? It must be with your own handtekening

Yes! I filled up, scanned and sent it to my partner. He sent the IND the same day they requested.

srujan1990

Has anyone here applied for a highly skilled migrant visa through a recognised sponsor? Would be great to know the time it took to obtain an approval on their MVV. Please advise.

Samantha Lima

Hello everyone!

Finally the positive response arrived! 77 days after it was received and the letter was dated 23/08. But the letter just arrived today.

Anyway, very happy to have received this answer.

I hope your response arrive soon!

srujan1990

Congratulations @Samantha. Wishing you the very best.

Can you please tell me if yours was a highly skilled migrant VISA and was it applied through a recognised sponsor? Did you also have spouse/partner added to your application?

Samantha Lima
srujan1990 wrote:

Congratulations @Samantha. Wishing you the very best.

Can you please tell me if yours was a highly skilled migrant VISA and was it applied through a recognised sponsor? Did you also have spouse/partner added to your application?

Hello!! Thanks!!

My visa is family visa (partner).
My fiancé is already in Netherlands with highly skilled migrant visa and he applied for my visa.
My visa is a partner visa.

Joyner Jay

HI everyone!

Finally the positive response arrived! 68 days after

Documents required when you go to obtain the MVV sticker from the embassy:-

1) A copy of IND Approval.
2) The completed and signed 'Application form for mvv' (tedownload via the website www.nederlandenu.nl).
3) Passport.
4) A new passport photo that has not been used before
5) A copy of (your photo and personal details of) your passport;
6) The DUO mail showing that he has passed the basic exam integration abroad;
7) The original marriage certificate. (Legalized)

Good luck guys.

Joyner Jay

Congratulations Samantha

srujan1990

Congratulations @Joyner. That's really happy news. Wishing you the best.

Can you please tell me how long it took for you to get your MVV and is it a Highly Skilled Migrant VISA applied through a recognised sponsor?

Regards,
Srujan

Joyner Jay

Thank you Srujan,
Sorry, My visa is a partner visa. But you can call IND, they will be able to help you

srujan1990

Hi everyone,

I got my KM (Knowledge Migrant) approval on Monday (8th October 2018).

My timeline below:
Application filed - 20th September 2018
Approval received - 8th October 2018
Time taken - 2 weeks and 2 days

All the very best for those awaiting a decision.

Regards,
Srujan

Samantha Lima

Thanks!! 😁

fj5q3bsb

Hi everyone!

I would like to know if someone knows or been in a similar situation as mine. Me and my partner decided to live together and apply for the MVV. We have all the required documents and etc but as he work as a freelancer (self-employed) his income in the past 1.5 years is around 1400EUR because he stayed 3 months abroad with me and with no income. Do you guys know the best way to apply in this situation? Because I read that you can show different ways of income. So for example, is it possible to use his payslip of the past 1.5 years as freelancer + an 1 year part time job contract that would complement the income? Can we apply as soon as we have a new contract job or should we wait 3 months to do it?

Or I also receive a scholarship (a 2 year contract) in my country for doing my master, around 350EUR per month. Can I also add this to his income and apply? Or all the income must come from him?

Thank you!

Laurika 🌿

Hello smile.png My boyfriend and I are also busy with a MVV together because we're moving in together soon. As far as I know and understand of the process, is that if you are moving in with him, then he counts as the sponsor and therefore should have the amount that is needed for income to be able to apply for the visa. So even if you have an income as well and it doesn't meet the requirements then it doesn't count. It has to be the income of the sponsor smile.png I hope that helps xx

fj5q3bsb

Thanks for the response!

So I really don't know what to do in this case... We don't wanna wait one more year until we can apply using only his freelancer income. Maybe the solution it will be he finding a part time job with a one year contract so he could complement his self employed income.

If somebody knows better if this works, please let me know. Thank you!

Laurika 🌿

No problem! I really hope you can figure it out soon. I know the wait is always terrible. Where do you come from?

arianavp

Hi everyone,

I applied for the partner visa 5 weeks ago, but I just got an email from the ind as the contract from my partner had a duration of 9 months when we applied (the contract was made from one year but the first 3 months went by before we could submit it as we were waiting for the paychecks).
His boss doesn`t want to change his actual contract or renew it now.
So we want to know if we submit the papers as they are now, would we get it rejected or approved? does someone has gone through the same?

I really appreciate your help!

Cynic
arianavp wrote:

Hi everyone,

I applied for the partner visa 5 weeks ago, but I just got an email from the ind as the contract from my partner had a duration of 9 months when we applied (the contract was made from one year but the first 3 months went by before we could submit it as we were waiting for the paychecks).
His boss doesn`t want to change his actual contract or renew it now.
So we want to know if we submit the papers as they are now, would we get it rejected or approved? does someone has gone through the same?

I really appreciate your help!

Hi again,

This is a problem I'm coming across more and more.  The vast majority of initial contracts being offered in Holland nowadays are for 12 months only.  Employers do this to protect themselves from Hollands very restrictive employment laws that make it almost impossible to dismiss anybody after they have been in place for 12 months; also, once a person has been in place for 12-months, then by default, if the Employer does nothing before that time to alter the contract or dismiss the employee, then the contract becomes permanent.

The fact you have received an e-mail from the IND means they have already seen this and you probably won't be successful if you carry on as is.  I suggest you contact them and ask them if there are any alternatives, for example, a letter from your boyfriends boss saying he intends to extend his contract at the 12-month stage.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Joyner Jay

Congratulations.

In which State did you apply the MVV?

Joyner Jay

Sorry, the other option would be to look for a job in Netherlands and ask your employer to process your residency for you

arianavp

Hi there,

Thanks for your message!
The boss said no to any kind of alteration to the contract or letter supporting this.
But when we asked the IND they said that my income might help out, I do have an income for the last 3 years, but not a contract as my income comes from Airbnb renting apartments.
I also have some savings and own a car, but I am not sure if this would actually help, she said so, but I haven`t read anything regarding this in all the forums, so I was wondering if you`ve heared about it.

Thanks for your help smile.png

Cynic
arianavp wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for your message!
I also have some savings and own a car, but I am not sure if this would actually help, she said so, but I haven`t read anything regarding this in all the forums, so I was wondering if you`ve heard about it.

Thanks for your help smile.png

Hi and welcome back.

I hadn't heard that, but that doesn't mean anything bad; perhaps it's left to the IND's discretion, that's what it sounds like anyhow.

I wish you the best of luck.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Joyner Jay

Lets hope for the best, just exhaust all options.

Good luck.

Dheavangalen

Hi everyone,

I was applying the mvv together with my husband on 1st week of may 2018. We did the payment at their office since after 10 days they did not send the notification. So after 1 month we made an appointment on their office and do the payment there. Up until now we havent got any decision from ind. we did everything; calling, made an appointment and even met the team that handling ours. Last news from them after we said that we would like to be compensate since its been more than 90 days, one of the manager said that he made the decision and sent it on 5th of october which its already 8 days and its really does not make any sense for a post mail that usually takes maximum 3 days.

I really need any advice on what should we do. My husband filled up a complaint already but our wedding anniversary is going to be happened in 2 weeks and i will need to be there to celebrate it with my husband.

Please kindly help on the advices for this situation.

Thank you!

MrGvw

Hi Guys,

No questions, just want to join the community here.

My partner and I have been going through the process for the last few months, making sure we have all the correct document, filling them out, and writing the Basic Civic Integration Exam, passing with all 10's.

We have sent in and paid for our application online on the 2nd of October, 2 days after submitting the application we have received a letter from IND stating that our final answer will come latest 31 December.

Of course we are hoping for the fast approved answer, but we know that this might take a while, but keeping our fingers crossed.

Ill keep you guys posted on the progress.

Have a great evening
G

Samantha Lima

Hello guys.

After the arrival of the IND approval letter I went (last monday) to the Dutch Consulate in my country to deliver documents, passport and digital collection.

The consulate is not in the city where I live, so they will send it by the post office.

Do you know how long it takes for them to return the passport?

Krissah

Mine was 7 working days in the Philippines and my visa was processed in Malaysia.

Samantha Lima
Krissah wrote:

Mine was 7 working days in the Philippines and my visa was processed in Malaysia.

Great! Thanks for your answer! 😊

GuestPoster14789

Hi Srujan,

Could you please tell me in more detail the application process? Did you apply for the IND or did your sponsor apply for it? Did you get the notification of approval of your MVV via your sponsor or by the IND directly? Also, in which city did you apply?

I accepted a job at DIFFER in Eindhoven and they told me they applied for my MVV on 13th September, 2018. I've contacted the personnel from the HR department at DIFFER and asked them if they could find out the status from the IND or tell me anything at all. Somehow the folk over there are unusually uncommunicative. I don't know if the dutch like it less to communicate or something really weird is going on.

Best

arianavp

HI there,

I got an approval from the IND, so it does work to present all the extra stuff you have if you do not meet the contract requirements.

Good luck everybody!

Samantha Lima

Congratulations! 👏🏽👏🏽

Sosukhe

My partner  and I are not married yet...Can anyone tell me after you get confirmation letter from IND what documents do they require at the embassy in your home land?

Joyner Jay

Congratulations....  Good luck

GuestPoster14789

Congratulations for the approval  big_smile.png
Me and my partner have almost the same situation as you
We submitted one year job contract (but only 7 months left of it) and proofs of income for the last 3 years you think this would help?! And how much time it may take?! We submitted online on 20 September and still no answer I'm really worried especially coz I'm pregnant.

arianavp

Hello!

Thank you smile.png!
Proof of income  for the last 3 years is super important; from everything I`ve read I think you should have no problem with getting it approved as they take contracts with even 6 months of duration if you have been employed for the past 3 years.
I think they usually reply in about 5 weeks but it could take up to 90 days, try to be patient and focus on somehting else.

GuestPoster14789

Hi
Thanks for your reply! I will let you know when I get an answer from them.

GuestPoster14789

My sponsor in Eindhoven, who is also recognized by IND, told me that the IND is not taking any status queries apparently because there has been some serious lay off. Could any one of you confirm this ? Has there been any kind of news or indication about this in the media?

As a recognized entity, the IND is obliged to get back to you within 2 weeks of time because of the extra-fees paid by such institutions which gives them a "fast-track" treatment. Its 6 weeks for me now. Has this happened with any other applicant here in the same category as me (i.e. visa applied for by the sponsor in the 'highly-skilled migrant category' ) ?

Cynic
BarrySchizzel wrote:

My sponsor in Eindhoven, who is also recognized by IND, told me that the IND is not taking any status queries apparently because there has been some serious lay off. Could any one of you confirm this ? Has there been any kind of news or indication about this in the media?

As a recognized entity, the IND is obliged to get back to you within 2 weeks of time because of the extra-fees paid by such institutions which gives them a "fast-track" treatment. Its 6 weeks for me now. Has this happened with any other applicant here in the same category as me (i.e. visa applied for by the sponsor in the 'highly-skilled migrant category' ) ?

To answer your question; no, I hadn't heard of any issues affecting the IND services.  I've just noticed that there is a notice on the IND website saying "Due to maintenance there may be malfunctions in our online services. We apologize for any inconvenience." - so maybe that's the reason.  I also notice that they are advertising for staff on their Twitter feed, so perhaps staffing is also a reason

Skilled migrant applicants do get priority in the system and they undertake to "try" and turn them around within 14-days, but the stated maximum is still 90 days (like all other work visas).  You can ask your question directly to the IND on their Twitter page; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Netherlands

All of the Netherlands's guide articles