Menu
Expat.com

What are your MVV experiences?

Last activity 10 October 2024 by richardedward4783

GuestPoster14789

Thanks for the clarifications. Its all very strange.

Ayufr

16days!

Ayufr

Hi Ariana how long it takes since you submit all the document?
Did you apply online?

Ayufr

Hi All!

I am waiting for YES from IND as well. Is there anyone who get team Zwolle 3 here?
I already submit all the doc online on 5th Oct and get teh confirmation letter on 16th Oct.. Wish we will get the positive answer soon!

Joyner Jay

Hello good people! Does anyone know the steps one has to take to get the TB test done and to obtain after you get to The Netherlands?

Krissah

I had my tbc test yesterday in Rotterdam. it was just an xray. I've got the appointment almost after 3 months of my arrival in NL.  You can google which GGD tbc onderzoek closer to you. Then you can email them for appointment. They will reply to you what is needed then.

Joyner Jay

Thank you for the information

jandy1969

how long did you get the approval from the  IND after submitting the extra documents they asked for??

GuestPoster14789

They say usually 2 weeks. But nothing they say can be taken at face value really. Its quite whimsical what they do. mine took 9 weeks.

GuestPoster14789

Hi,did anyone get den Bosch team and how much time it took you?! I have almost 2 months and still no reply?

Ednamoni

Hi everyone!

I feel identified with a lot of you who have been going through the process of getting a mvv. My boyfriend submitted the application on Oct 19th, right away he got an email that states "Acknowledgement of receipt" is it the letter that you guys mention as the first letter we are supposed to get from the IND?

Ayufr

Hi i got team zwolle 3 and only takes a month.

Ayufr
De Leeuw sonia wrote:

Hi,did anyone get den Bosch team and how much time it took you?! I have almost 2 months and still no reply?

Hi Sonia i got Zwolle team 3 and it took a month until i got YES....But i think its not about the team who handle you that will makes the mvv takes longer..

Ayufr
Ednamoni wrote:

Hi everyone!

I feel identified with a lot of you who have been going through the process of getting a mvv. My boyfriend submitted the application on Oct 19th, right away he got an email that states "Acknowledgement of receipt" is it the letter that you guys mention as the first letter we are supposed to get from the IND?

Hi Ednamoni! Yes its the letter you supposed to get. And they will mention the latest date they will tell you about the result too. Also in the right bottom there is a team that handle your application.
veel success!

GuestPoster14789

Hi Ayufr,
Thnx for the reply and congrats with the approval.i hope I get an answer soon it's been more than 2 months now and I'm still waiting,😥

Joyner Jay

Hi guys, I just moved to NL a few weeks ago to live with my spouse and I already obtained my residence permit, can someone please help me know the steps I should check to obtain a BSN number? Also is it a must to obtain this number?

Cynic
Joyner Jay wrote:

Hi guys, I just moved to NL a few weeks ago to live with my spouse and I already obtained my residence permit, can someone please help me know the steps I should check to obtain a BSN number? Also is it a must to obtain this number?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Registration in the Netherlands is compulsory and you should do it within 5 days of arrival in the country.  You register at the local Town Hall (Gemeente); when you register, you will be allocated your own unique BSN number, with this, you can register at the doctors, get a job, open a bank account, register a car etc.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Joyner Jay

Thank you

segwaard

I applied 15th of October for me and my daughters and still waiting
Hopefully we get the approval soon

GuestPoster14789

Hello everybody,
After waiting for 9weeks and 2days i got the approval,im very happy and i wish a positive response for everyone.
But one question:
Since I'm pregnant and I'm planning to deliver the baby in the Netherlands what should i do? Does mvv cover health insurance or what I'm really confused, what's the solution?

Cynic
De Leeuw sonia wrote:

Hello everybody,
After waiting for 9weeks and 2days i got the approval,im very happy and i wish a positive response for everyone.
But one question:
Since I'm pregnant and I'm planning to deliver the baby in the Netherlands what should i do? Does mvv cover health insurance or what I'm really confused, what's the solution?

No, MVV does not include Health Insurance; everybody in Holland is responsible for providing their own health insurance.  These links may help you find out more:

Dutch Government website

Healthcare Insurance FAQ's

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

GuestPoster14789

Thnx for the reply

ChavezMarie

Hi everyone! Im new to this group I just wanted to ask about the test i was able to take this month. Im not sure if I am able to pass the speaking because im not a fluent speaker but in the  kns and reading i am absolutely sure that i will pass . Is there any chance that I will fail just because of the speaking test? Thank you in advance for your response thank you!

Cynic
ChavezMarie wrote:

Hi everyone! Im new to this group I just wanted to ask about the test i was able to take this month. Im not sure if I am able to pass the speaking because im not a fluent speaker but in the  kns and reading i am absolutely sure that i will pass . Is there any chance that I will fail just because of the speaking test? Thank you in advance for your response thank you!

You do need to pass all of the tests to pass the exam.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Chooechooe

Hi everyone, I am new in this forum and I have a question about the minimum salary requirement about applying family to come. I have read several forums but still can't get my answer.

According to IND website, it states the minimum income requirement for living with spouse. It also states minimum income requirement for single parent. But I can't find the minimum income requirement for living with spouse and children.

Do anyone knows the minimum income requirement for applying spouse + 2 children?

Many thanks

Chooechooe

According to IND website, minimum salary requirements are as follows:

Living with spouse: Sv-loon per month including holiday allowance €1721.74

Single parent: Sv-loon per month including holiday allowance €1205.21

But I can't find the minimum salary requirements for applying spouse + 2children

Also, Sv-loon means before tax? Um.......Or after?

Thanks a lot!

Cynic
Chooechooe wrote:

Hi everyone, I am new in this forum and I have a question about the minimum salary requirement about applying family to come. I have read several forums but still can't get my answer.

According to IND website, it states the minimum income requirement for living with spouse. It also states minimum income requirement for single parent. But I can't find the minimum income requirement for living with spouse and children.

Do anyone knows the minimum income requirement for applying spouse + 2 children?

Many thanks

You are right in that it doesn't say a specific amount; that said, the numbers they are quoting (€ 1594.20) are actually the minimum wage level in the Netherlands, so perhaps there are no additional amounts for kids; probably best to ask the IND themselves; the contact information is on their website and they also have a Twitter feed where you can ask general questions.

SV-loon is salary before tax, but with all possible allowances included.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Chooechooe

Thank you very much for your fast reply!

GuestPoster14789

Hi everyone,
Is submitting Ind approval to get MVV sticker on the passport for free or there are some fees to pay?!
Thnx,,,😉

smderoos

Hi! I think the minimum salary for your sponsor should be 1500 euro. Wishing you the best for your application.

Aselyaa

Hello everyone!

Me and my partner are going to apply for my mvv and residence permit in the Netherlands. He wants to apply online. My questions are:

1. I assume I have to sign antecedence declaration (antecedentenverklaring) of me not having  a criminal record. Can I sign it, scan it and send pdf file? is it enough or IND will request original document and therefore I will need to send originals by post to the Netherlands?
1.1 after we will apply online, will we need to send hardcopies of documents to the IND?

2. How seriously IND will "check" our relationship, since we are in not registered partnership?
we met in China during our studies (while both of us are not from China), will they actually check have we actually been there and what did we do etc?

Jblondb

Hi everyone, I have applied for my mvv in November. What I am interested in finding out is if I can go visit my husband who is a citizen, I have a multiy entry schengen visa. Would likely only go for 5 days and then return. Thanks plenty

teff94

Hello!
I am going through this MVV experiences and I am getting kind of frustrate sometimes haha but still possitive. At the moment I am waiting for exam results but I am sure i did everything right.
I would like to ask you something. How did you prove that your relationship is genuine and exclusive, did you find an advise at the moment of filling up your documents? I am very lost in this. I am making tons of pages about our personal conversations, also uploading pictures but i dont know what is enough to prove this.

heynutzzzz

Hello and welcome to the forum.
When we applied for my MVV, we didn't include ANY conversations because we feel it is private and not needed. We only made a few pages of our story, from the moment we met and the places we've been to. In these pages, we included a lot of photos. In applications like these, photos are your strongest evidence to prove you have a genuine relationship.

It worked for us smile.png

teff94

It helps me a lot! Thank you

SimCityAT
heynutzzzz wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum.
When we applied for my MVV, we didn't include ANY conversations because we feel it is private and not needed. We only made a few pages of our story, from the moment we met and the places we've been to. In these pages, we included a lot of photos. In applications like these, photos are your strongest evidence to prove you have a genuine relationship.

It worked for us smile.png

It might have worked for you, but their are a lot of Sham marriages and countries are being a lot stricter on dealing with them. You were lucky in not to have been asked for more proof.

heynutzzzz

That is true. smile.png

Kristyn35

Hi im a filipino nurse in Germany. My bf is Dutch and we plan to be together in Amsterdam. I just like to ask how to start and what should be done? We are somewhat confused yet where to start. I live and work in Germany and he is in Netherlands. Do i have to go back to Philippines to take mvv.. im really confused sad.png 
Hope someone can help
Thanks in Advance

tamaraguzina

Hello all,
Just to share my experience, I'm Serbian, going to live with my Dutch boyfriend.
- 28th Dec - we sent our docs by post on to IND
- 09th Jan - got a letter with payment instruction (in the letter they stated the procedure begun on 04th Jan and that the deadline for a decision is by 04th April). We paid online the same day
- 15th Jan - got the payment confirmation letter (here it said our case is being handled by Den Haag team 9)
- 22nd Jan - got YES from IND
Complete process took 25 days including NY holidays and weekends! IND made the decision in 18 days, so super happy with them and Den Haag team 9!!

On the forum here I read a lot about how fast Den Haag 9 team is and, for us, it turned out to be true! I know every case is different, but I hope this helps other people waiting for their MVV.

Best of luck to all!

Cynic
Kristyn35 wrote:

Hi im a filipino nurse in Germany. My bf is Dutch and we plan to be together in Amsterdam. I just like to ask how to start and what should be done? We are somewhat confused yet where to start. I live and work in Germany and he is in Netherlands. Do i have to go back to Philippines to take mvv.. im really confused sad.png 
Hope someone can help
Thanks in Advance

You can do MVV in any country that has a Dutch embassy, so Germany will be fine.  You can't do it in Holland.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Netherlands

All of the Netherlands's guide articles