First shanghai expat blog get together

hi, does anyone has a plan for the next gathering??? Next gathering should be...tomorrow lol

i will not be in shanghai till monday, guess can't join u guys tomorrow. :)

Dear Leader Hans:

Where you go, where I follow.:D

Looking forward to the next meetingup!

super fans: Ling

Okay I'm in Shanghai - when and where is the next get together?

Mr Hans,

When and where is the next gathering? Update pls

Hi all, good to see that people start asking for the next gathering.

Btw, I'd love to receive some suggestions on new locations to organise our meetups, as I'm personally not yet that acquainted with the city.

If people are up for it, we can hold a gathering tomorrow July 16 at the Apartment. Please let me know asap, so i can make reservations. If not, we will hold our next gathering as planned next week on July 23.

i am ok tomoro. :)

Jul 23?
Opps, too bad I will be only back to SH on Jul 24.
Anyway, good to see so many new members joining.
Guess this threat is the most active topic in the whole China expat-blog.com. :)

I think we should all go on a shopping trip... Negotiation in numbers ;)

Hi Guys, I guess getting together this evening would be a lil too last minute so we just keep it for next week as planned. I actually took the liberty of making a reservation at the apartment at 8pm, I will post the adress and directions soon.

CitizenEnglish, I am not sure if I got your proposal about shopping right, but if you want to set up a daytime event like shopping I suggest you simply start a new threat on this forum (or alternatively come to our event, make new friends there and take it from there :) ).

Citizen English: Shopping???? nahhhhh... soooo gay....

Hans, this week kinda tired.. need more sleep in the weekend.. next weekend sounds good.. yeah...

Hi, Im  super new to the city. Just arrived yesterday. Would love to join the gathering if any.

Hi anggi, welcome to Shg!

Next gathering is Sat July 23 8pm at The Apartment. See you there!

Checked out The Apartment's website - looks like an awesome place to chill out!

:)

Yes SimplySandra, it certainly is!

So as promised, more details on the next gathering, July 23 at the Apartment:

ADDRESS:
3/F, 47 Yongfu Lu,
near Fuxing Xi Lu
永福路47号3楼,
近复兴西路

nearest subway stops:
Shanghai Library (line 10) or Changsu Road (Line 1 & 7)

Please email me for my phone nr, in case you want to call me upon arrival (or for directions, although i can't speak chinese).

hello all, sounds good and will try to be there to join u guys...if you all don't mind...;)

the more the merrier, hope there will be more interesting people this time round!!!

Where are the rest of the girls?.. We are here at the apartments and it's so happening..
Barend and Hans is having a great times here..
Come and join us..

My colleague hold me up in a karaoke. Join u all next time

Ok guys, seems that for the next two get-togethers (August 7 and 21) I won't be able to be the driving force behind it as I have other obligations. But: the gatherings can obviously still take place as usual (the only thing needed is agree on a location).

Good luck guys, see you later.

Sweet gathering thread!
too bad im like 5hrs away from shanghai!

Have fun peeps!

Hi Hans,

Will you be back for Sept 8 gathering? Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers!

Hey...yes I'll be back for the Sept 4 gathering.

But it would be great if anyone takes the initiative to organize another one in the meanwhile...it's not hard at all, just set a place and time :)

Hi to all,

Been around in China since several years (january 2001 in fact) ... The gatherings of the forum are a great idea ... More than willing to join with "ma compagne" from Bulgaria at the next occasion ...

Anything planned before September ? Like hansvc said, not difficult at all ... I don't mind setting a time and place ...

Keep in touch,

Matthieu

Hello All,
I will be arriving in Shanghai next week, new to the scene and would love to meet some new people to show me around the city etc...

See you All soon!

Hello Matthieu,

Nice to see you here. It would be great if you can arrange something before Sept. I will be landing in Shanghai this weekend, I am looking forward to meeting you in Sept gathering.

I like to say "thank you " in person for your support ;).

Cheers!

Hi to all,

Guess that in order not to have two gatherings too close to each other, the best is to organize it next week (and lulu will have the time to get back to the China Time Zone :D) ...

I see that usually the previous gatherings were held during the weekends ...

I don't mind having them during the week also ... I usually am not in town during the weekends (out mountain biking in Jiangsu province) ... Unless the weather really sucks ...

I have in mind a couple of places that are all located in the French concession (nothing to do with my origins :) ), which is pretty central for everyone ...

From there, just need to settle a time and date appropriate for everyone ...

Keep me posted on your date preferences ...

----------------------------

FYI : There is a gathering, held on a monthly basis, called "Apéro Caprice" ... The next one is scheduled on August 25th, at a pub called "The Shed" located at the following address : Lane 528 Kangding lu, near Xikang lu smartshanghai.com/venue/6115/The_Shed

Prices (food and drinks) have been negotiated for that gathering ... Starts from 7:00 pm and usually people leave from 11:00 pm ... except for those who want to see the sunrise ...

It is a nice gathering to meet newbies in town and people who have been here for several years ...

If you decide to come and wish to meet and talk with me, i am usually the only red headed guy of the evening ...

Hello Matthieu,

I am in, August 25 work perfectly for me, I will have a few days to get over the jet-leg. I guess I can spot you in the crowd without problem.

yes i like it

I'll be back on Sept.2th. I'd also like to join you guys.

I'm gonna try to make it to the August 25 event proposed by Matt, so might see some of you there. I'm not a redhead like him, so it will be a bit harder to spot me but I still look like my profile pic (except for the pineapple lol).

Excellent news, Hans ... (for those who think Hans photo is too small to recognize him on Thursday, I'll bring a pineapple for him ...)

Well, that already makes three with Lulu ... + all the others who are coming to that event through another forum ...

See you all on Thursday ...

A pineapple is a brilliant idea Matt! My favorite fruit, and I will help Hans to eat it ;).

I will bring a girl friend of mine to join your guys. Looking forward to seeing you both tomorrow.

Thanks for all of those who came ...

Was a great evening ...

Next "Apéro Caprice" should be held on the 22nd or 29th September ...

Will keep you posted ...

Hello Matt,

It was very nice to meet you & Hans!

Great event,met lots of interesting people & had a lovely chat there last night!

I can make it if the next event is held on 22 Sept, leaving on 27th.

Alright! Up to the next one... I mailed some of you to see what timing would suit best, and it seems that Sunday afternoon is the best option for mosdt of you.

I propose we meet in the lovely Tianzifang neighbourhood (sometimes referred to as Taikang Lu) at 2pm on Sunday, Sept 4th.

I will make reservations tmr in a place i have in mind and post the details as soon as the reservation is done.

See you all there!

Hello Hans,

We should be mountain biking in Changshu Sunday morning so we might a a little late then ;-)

Keep in touch,

Matthieu

As promised, the updated plan for the Sunday lazy afternoon gathering:

Date: Sept 4th
Start of event: 3pm
Location: The melting pot: Tianzifang, 288 Taikang Lu, near Sinan Lu / 田子坊泰康路288号,近思南路

Please PM me if you want my contact details in the event you want to be able to reach me, as it might be tricky to find the place as Tianzifang is kind of a labyrint-like neighbourhood :)

Lazy gathering ... Well, how about spicing it up with "Who finds the place 1rst, 2nd and 3rd" ? :P

mattcoq wrote:

Lazy gathering ... Well, how about spicing it up with "Who finds the place 1rst, 2nd and 3rd" ? :P

Sure :)

And the winner gets what?