Can my fiancé apply for my Visa in Slovenia?

Hi everyone! I'm Yen from Philippines. My fiancé is from Slovenia. He will be back here in the Philippines in August and we're planning to get married on that month too. Then i'll go fly with him because we both want to settle and build our own family there in Slovenia. 3 months before my departure, I will apply the visa here in Philippines  in Belgium Embassy but they don't offer National Visa (long-stay visa) anymore, only tourist visa (short stay). Plus, i'm afraid that i will be refused if everything won't go smoothly and we still need to wait for months to apply again.  :( I just want to ask you guys if he can apply for my visa there in Slovenia? I love him and we're not getting any younger. i want to be with him already. We still have a lot of time to prepare, but we need some info about visa processing because we want everything to be perfect. :) 🙏🙏🙏☝☝☝ Thank you! :)

Long stay national visas must be applied for from outside the country via the consulate.  It's YOUR visa, thus, YOU must apply for it.  Your fiance cannot do this as a representative.

Thank you for the advise. :) Do I still need a return plane ticket. Can I tell the embassy that I want to settle there in Slovenia? Thanks again. :)

Yeny-yen wrote:

Thank you for the advise. :) Do I still need a return plane ticket. Can I tell the embassy that I want to settle there in Slovenia? Thanks again. :)

No return ticket needed, yes you can say that....it will be assumed I think if you are married and are applying for a family reintergration(or similar) visa.

Thanks a lot! :)

@Yeny-yen Hello, ma'am. I hope you're now living with your lover and i hope your visa application and marriage were successful. Can you share with me the details of how you get pass through? Was your marriage recognized in Slovenia?  I am in the similar situation right now but the thing is my boyfriend wants us to get married in Slovenia and live Slovenija.