Menu
Expat.com

House hunting in northern cyprus

Last activity 16 April 2022 by burneyleslie

mrbar

Hello

I am Turkish Cypriot so know the island well. I live in the UK at the minute with my British girlfriend. Her Dad is interested in buying a property in TRNC so we are visiting next weekend for 3 days so that we can show him the different areas and look at property.

I know which bits to show him in terms of tourist attractions etc and he will stay with my parents so will get an idea of Turkish Cypriot life but if he were to buy, it would probably be in an expat area so that he could make friends etc and settle if he were to move here whilst we are still in the UK.

So, any advice on Expat life would be appreiated. Areas to visit? Particular estate agents to contact? We initially want somewhere he could possibly get rental from for the next couple of years until he retires but then somewhere that he could spend a few months at a time after that. Any particular restuarnats or cafes to visit to get chatting to other expats whilst we are visiting so we can ask questions?

Thanks in advance.

AleksandrV

Hello.
If you are thinking of buying real estate property in Cyprus, it quite a good moment. Now the prices are the lowest from about 2010, and now it will only increase.

There is one good real estate broker that will help you: ****

Prices are good and more than 5000 villas, flats, appartments...
Think you'll find something worthy.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
burneyleslie

@mrbar  hi , be careful  build quality ,  lots of unskilled workers ,

Ozzy01
Look at ***
Moderated by Djameel 2 years ago
Reason : Please share contact details and recommendations through private messages.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Djameel

Hello Ozzy01,

We advise that you recommend services or businesses through the business directory.

Djameel
Expat.com Team
Ozzy01
So sorry didn't realise I am also looking to buy in northern Cyprus I came across these estate agents thought maybe some more info would come up as I too am not sure wher e to go where English expats live I'm following topic thanks again
burneyleslie
hi , try to get original Turkish deeds on a property then one should be 100% safe , not sure about this ( exchange land ) ?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Cyprus

• Buying property in Cyprus
    Buying property in Cyprus

Are you thinking of investing in property in Cyprus? You are definitely not alone. The interest for real estate in ...

• Accommodation in Cyprus
    Accommodation in Cyprus

With a population of 1.19 million, Cyprus is the third most densely populated island in the Mediterranean. ...

• Accommodation in Nicosia
    Accommodation in Nicosia

With a population of 200,452 people, the capital city of Nicosia is the most densely populated in Cyprus. Dubbed ...

• Raising children in Cyprus
    Raising children in Cyprus

As Cyprus is one of the safest countries in the world, you shouldn't have any worries about raising your kids ...

• Driving in Cyprus
    Driving in Cyprus

As Cyprus is a small island, the best way to get around is by car. But is your drivers license valid in the ...

• Northern Cyprus holidays
    Northern Cyprus holidays

North Cyprus is one of the last unspoilt, most beautiful and popular island holiday destinations in the ...

• General visa requirements for Cyprus
    General visa requirements for Cyprus

If you are planning on a short-term stay in Cyprus, you should know beforehand whether or not you will need a ...

• Permanent residency and citizenship in Cyprus
    Permanent residency and citizenship in Cyprus

The complexity of staying long-term in Cyprus (for more than 90 days) varies greatly depending on your ...

All of Cyprus's guide articles