I'm engaged to a Bulgarian and don't know which Visa to get

Good news! I've recently been engaged to my Bulgarian boyfriend, now fiance, residing in Varna. We plan on getting married in Bugaria on December 2018, 10 months from now. I've done research on such types of visas to get as I am a Filipina and it's my first time to leave the Philippines.

I hope to get some information and insights on these types of matter. We've already e-mailed the embassy on which process to follow, but it's a weekend so we haven't got replies yet. I'm also looking forward to personal opinions of people who knows or have been in the same situation.

My biggest fear is to get denied because of bank statements as I've only been working for a year and barely has savings. Do you think that will affect my application? I've read in some requirements that I need to have at least 50 EUR/day on my stay but I'm afraid I don't have enough. My fiance's family will send an invitation, though, and it will indicate that they will be shouldering all-expenses and accommodation. Do I still submit a bank statement or not? Also, if I do submit my bank statement, will it weigh down my chances even if I have an invitation?

I have so many questions and honestly, I'm very worried. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. *sighs*

I hope I could get some insight and information regarding this matter.

All the best,
Dani

Congratulations on your new status!😁

As for visas it should be the long stay Visa D type (if things haven't changed in the last ten years!!! Which is when I applied)

Bank statement shouldn't be a problem if you explain to them that your fiance's family have accepted responsibility for you.

Good luck!  Any other questions...just shout!

Luna

Lunastrahil wrote:

Congratulations on your new status!😁

As for visas it should be the long stay Visa D type (if things haven't changed in the last ten years!!! Which is when I applied)

Bank statement shouldn't be a problem if you explain to them that your fiance's family have accepted responsibility for you.

Good luck!  Any other questions...just shout!

Luna

Thank you so much for this response! It's one big push and a motivation! :)

We do have a bit of situation though. My fiance's family has nothing against us and all, but he's been told to do this by himself, which means shoulder all responsibilities for me. He's a university student but will graduate in August. I'm worried this might affect the application since he's not financially independent yet. Any thoughts or insight in this situation? Thank you so much! :)

-Dani

Hi There,

My name is Sharon and I got married in Bulgaria. I remember giving a bank statement. My husband had to give a bank statement too. You could borrow around 3.000 Euros temporarily just to show the bank statement and give the money back to the person you borrow it from. You can message me any time on Whats app ***

Kind Regards,

Sharon

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
Sharon Melissa wrote:

Hi There,

My name is Sharon and I got married in Bulgaria. I remember giving a bank statement. My husband had to give a bank statement too. You could borrow around 3.000 Euros temporarily just to show the bank statement and give the money back to the person you borrow it from. You can message me any time on Whats app ************

Kind Regards,

Sharon

For your own safety please do not publish personal details on the open forum, please use the PM system.

:cheers:

SimcityAT
Expert Team

Sharon Melissa wrote:

Hi There,

My name is Sharon and I got married in Bulgaria. I remember giving a bank statement. My husband had to give a bank statement too. You could borrow around 3.000 Euros temporarily just to show the bank statement and give the money back to the person you borrow it from. You can message me any time on Whats app ***

Kind Regards,

Sharon

Hi, Sharon! It's nice to meet you! Thank you for the advice regarding the bank statement. My fiance is still attending university and won't graduate until August of next year, so we're gonna have to look for options that will work for us. :)

Also, I just realised that the forum had to delete the number because it's personal information. I would love to get in touch with you for any other inquiries about it. Is there any chance you could send me a personal message of your number on WhatsApp? Thank you! :)

All the best,
Dani

Dani-

When I applied for my D-visa (spouse visa, not fiance, so not sure if it is different), it was very easy. We did not have to provide a bank statement or pay the visa fee. We did have to have a letter from his parents that I could stay in their house. If your fiance doesn't have a home where you can stay, you will have to figure that out to be able to say where you will stay.

The real issue comes after you enter Bulgaria. In the first three months you will be required to get a residence permit, and then they will want bank statements proving that you are financially sufficient. You will need to have minimum wage * the number of months your permit is good for. (Around 2500 bgn for a 6 month permit and around 5000 bgn for a year permit). This money, as someone said, only has to be in your bank account for the ten minutes you need to get a receipt from your bank. One year we had to take out a small loan to do this. But we were able to pay it back immediately so just had to pay the origination fees.

If you get a job (which you are allowed to as a spouse, not sure as a fiance), then you do not need to have a bank receipt. Instead you can use your employment contract to prove you are able to provide for yourself.

You will also need to pay for your residence permit, which, with the insurance, paperwork and all, comes to around 800bgn per year. After five years (three if you have a Bulgarian child) you will be able to get permanent residence and not have to deal with the proving your income every year).

Again, I am not sure of the rules for fiance vs. spouse, so you will need to check those. But I am guessing they are similar to those for spouses.