Residency permit application

Hi everyone,

I just applied online at e-ikamet for the residency permit. After I was finished I received the following message “Randevu Tarihi GİGM Tarafından Belirlenecektir” stating that they will arrange the date (and send it by sms or email).

I'm confused because so far everything I'v read has stated that the date/time is given on the site itself and that for Istanbul it automatically generates a date. Some people have even stated that they have tried multiple times before they were able to land a date on the website because it's very busy in Istanbul. So it kind of worries me that I didn't have that happen.

Has this happened to anyone else? Will they actually send me the appointment date? Any idea how long this will take? Please share your experience.

Thank you!

As it is appeared on the screen, they will contact you by sms or e-mail telling the appointment date. The system was down for a long time and many people could not enter the side and make registration. I also suggest you correspond with them through e-mail as it is not possible to meet any officer.

I am also getting the same text for my renewal. I want to ask that did they contacted you in time and when was your appointment scheduled then?

Shah123098 wrote:

I am also getting the same text for my renewal. I want to ask that did they contacted you in time and when was your appointment scheduled then?

Me too @Shah123098. Can you tell how it ended up? Or are you still waiting for the reply from GİGM?

Anyone got any updates on this? after how long? cause I got the same message!

Yes, after some weeks, you will get an SMS on your phone. In the SMS, the time and date will be written.

Also you can check it everyday from the web page. Now, there is no date of appointment on the PDF file that you need to print. But after you get the SMS, you will be able to see the same date and time on the PDF either.

The SMS comes to me after 2-4 weeks. I hope yours will come as soon as possible.