Today's Weather

The FWS is on overtime.

Thunder and lightning last night with a final heavy shower of 1.5 mm since midnight.   

Looking cooler at 23 C.  Humidity is medium at 60%.

UV  index is almost 7 (high'ish - wear a T-shirt),  slight breeze WNW 1 to 2 m/s,  pressure steady  at 30 in/hg,

Sunset at 2040h and sunrise 0446h.  No moon (therefore no werewolves).

Perhaps a good day to be out and about.

We have a yellow alert for Thunder. Its 24°C now. Our road is almost finished so it will need a wash.

SimCityAT wrote:

We have a yellow alert for Thunder. Its 24°C now. Our road is almost finished so it will need a wash.

I've just seen some workers leaving a re-roofing job opposite my house. 

Judging by the look of them, they also need a hose down.

Spent Saturday in Balaton   

Good news:

It's possible to swim in the lake - we were in there for some time. I estimate the water temperature to be  21-23 C.    There were clouds and showers but no rain.  There was considerable wind so the windsurfers were out enjoying themselves.  I would say it's possible to spend up to 2h in the water before it becomes too cold due to the wind.  Longer than that probably would need something like a thin surf suit.

Bad news: 

Some of us have got sore throats so I am not sure the water as clean as it should be.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Good news:

It's possible to swim in the lake - we were in there for some time. I estimate the water temperature to be  21-23 C.    There were clouds and showers but no rain.  There was considerable wind so the windsurfers were out enjoying themselves.  I would say it's possible to spend up to 2h in the water before it becomes too cold due to the wind.  Longer than that probably would need something like a thin surf suit.

Bad news: 

Some of us have got sore throats so I am not sure the water as clean as it should be.

Don't drink the water.
I hope to see the water anyday now but waiting for this wind to die down.
My body freezes after I get out of the water and my day is ruined.
Nothing more uncomfortabel then the cool wind on a wet body.
I usually swim for several,"sessions" through out the day.
I can't stand just wading in the water without going in up to my neck.
Also was told by my eye doc last week to not swim this summer, just get sme sun. Sorry, not about to follow doctrs orders when it comes to the summer season.
Read it's ,"OK" post surgery to swim a month later and 2 weeks later if you wear goggles.
I plan on looking like "frog lady" with goggles on and keeping my head above water. The old back strke I guess.
Still windy ATM this morning so have to keep checking the weather reports about the wind.
Pools don't seem as back to swim in with windy conditions but the lakeside is another story.
Has anyone ever been to Pananma?
Heard it was a great lace to retire.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Good news:

Bad news: 

Don't drink the water.
I hope to see the water anyday now but waiting for this wind to die down.
My body freezes after I get out of the water and my day is ruined.
Nothing more uncomfortabel then the cool wind on a wet body.
I usually swim for several,"sessions" through out the day.
I can't stand just wading in the water without going in up to my neck.
Also was told by my eye doc last week to not swim this summer, just get sme sun. Sorry, not about to follow doctrs orders when it comes to the summer season.
Read it's ,"OK" post surgery to swim a month later and 2 weeks later if you wear goggles.
I plan on looking like "frog lady" with goggles on and keeping my head above water. The old back strke I guess.
Still windy ATM this morning so have to keep checking the weather reports about the wind.
Pools don't seem as back to swim in with windy conditions but the lakeside is another story.
Has anyone ever been to Panama?
Heard it was a great lace to retire.

Not been to Panama. Been to Puerto Rico and places in the Caribbean.  I hear Costa Rica is good.  Apparently the healthcare is good and everyone can use the public healthcare system.  I also hear they have no army so no coups any time soon.   However, no reason to specifically go there.

I tried to visit Cuba once when I was in the area but it's actually really difficult to get to.  The entire system is set up for people who are in or coming from the USA with all sorts of forms to fill in. Trying to find out how to get there for others seems quite difficult.  I didn't have a lot of time so just shelved the idea.  I think the way I'd have to go was via Mexico. In the end, it was looking like too much trouble.

Yes, drinking Balaton is a bad idea but one will get splashed in the face when the wind is up. I'd suggest definitely wearing goggles or a mask or something.   

It was very windy yesterday.  We were out in the forest doing the usual doggy things and it was blowing a lot but it wasn't unpleasant and rather warm.  The light was very nice streaming through the trees and making a moving patchwork on the ground.  Rather pretty.

https://scontent.fvie2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/200187068_4733270806700428_3674169393758371205_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=DbRjgGjQwkAAX9tHkTL&_nc_ht=scontent.fvie2-1.fna&oh=91789183892963933f715ba8bb04d0f2&oe=60CC89D8

Looking good for the week ahead

SimCityAT wrote:

[img align=C]https://scontent.fvie2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/200187068_4733270806700428_3674169393758371205_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=DbRjgGjQwkAAX9tHkTL&_nc_ht=scontent.fvie2-1.fna&oh=91789183892963933f715ba8bb04d0f2&oe=60CC89D8[/url]

Looking good for the week ahead

Yes, Wednesday is going to be the start of a mega-warm period.

BUD weather....

Looks like we're into real summer.  If only COVID19 was blowing away enough to open everything up!

Just checked it seems to be getting hotter than what I posted. Its will be 36°C on Sunday  :o

SimCityAT wrote:

Just checked it seems to be getting hotter than what I posted. Its will be 36°C on Sunday  :o

Wow, that's fried eggs on a paving slab type weather.   

We had thought about going to Balaton for a day. 

I don't think it would be comfortable to stay overnight in that heat.

https://scontent.fvie2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/201763815_1388208904911768_4214885577487664606_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=yq_o2LMQdfUAX-hOMYe&_nc_ht=scontent.fvie2-1.fna&oh=e4972764c92329128aefe5238cba1937&oe=60CF7778

Mega warm - showing 29 C on the FWS with very high UV at 9 (wear a hat/sunscreen), steady pressure, low humidity 43%.   Low breeze 0.5 m/s. 

Looks like an ideal time to be down in or at Balaton.   We're going to have some serious thunderstorms methinks.  Not sure if the dog should be taken walks in this heat but probably OK in the forest where there's lots  of shade.

Here (close at Heviz) already at noon 32 C, we went to restaurant (felt relatively cool). Our dog and cats have some challenges though (no airco in our house). Will get even worse over the coming days. Still I take high temperatures quite well (at night).

In any case with current weather, no rain and high temperatures we will save on grass cutting I think. For me best is 26 without rain, 32+ is challenging, we save on the gas bill though (a few solar collectors).

We have to hold out for at least another week, but bottom line nothing to complain

In the shade
https://scontent.fvie2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/200512968_1636198993252887_9108480463029325828_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=1sWHRmu2V0cAX8krM_E&_nc_ht=scontent.fvie2-1.fna&oh=9fd79de7fbf33a3496d18b48ca818cfc&oe=60D261AE

SimCityAT wrote:

In the shade
[img align=C]https://scontent.fvie2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/200512968_1636198993252887_9108480463029325828_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=1sWHRmu2V0cAX8krM_E&_nc_ht=scontent.fvie2-1.fna&oh=9fd79de7fbf33a3496d18b48ca818cfc&oe=60D261AE[/url]

37.2 C, wow!   On my highly inaccurate window thermometer it said 40 C but I thought it was just wrong.  It could indeed be that hot.  The FWS shows 30 C outside but I don't believe it.  The FWS is on a TV antenna type pole about 2m above the roof of my house.

The dog was walked and when we came back she was whinging.  She has water on the walk from the public water pump.   I took her into the garden and gave her a sprinkling with the hose pipe.  She didn't like that much!  We have put some ice cubes in her water. She's laying in the shade.  When she's dried out, I think she'll have to come inside and keep out of the sun. It's crazy hot and she cannot even take that fur coat off.

I had a walk into the centre to go to the shop, but what our town clock used to show the temperature and date. Now it just shows the time in digital and analogue. Reminds me I need to ask why they changed it. But yes it is hot. I am even getting warnings on the computer saying extreme heat.

fluffy2560 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

In the shade
[img align=C]https://scontent.fvie2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/200512968_1636198993252887_9108480463029325828_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=1sWHRmu2V0cAX8krM_E&_nc_ht=scontent.fvie2-1.fna&oh=9fd79de7fbf33a3496d18b48ca818cfc&oe=60D261AE[/url]

37.2 C, wow!   On my highly inaccurate window thermometer it said 40 C but I thought it was just wrong.  It could indeed be that hot.  The FWS shows 30 C outside but I don't believe it.  The FWS is on a TV antenna type pole about 2m above the roof of my house.

The dog was walked and when we came back she was whinging.  She has water on the walk from the public water pump.   I took her into the garden and gave her a sprinkling with the hose pipe.  She didn't like that much!  We have put some ice cubes in her water. She's laying in the shade.  When she's dried out, I think she'll have to come inside and keep out of the sun. It's crazy hot and she cannot even take that fur coat off.

Maybe you can spray her down with a water bottle throughout the day?
I never took my dog walking in the heat, waited till dusk or went in the early mornings.
Always brought drinking water with us on our walks and when it was hot we basically walked close to home even if it meant going around the block several times just in case he had enough.
No way could I drag him home alone if he was done.
Our dog was a 108 lbs house dog with short hair so you have to be even more careful with longer haired breeds.
You can add ice cubes to the water dish as well, be sure to always make sure the drinking water hasn't heated up .
It's ok for them not to run on hot days, they will make it up when the weather is cooler.
A few times we would take our dog in the swimming pool. He hated the water.
Most dogs enjoy it so perhaps even purchasing a cheap baby pool for them to play in is a god idea, just watch out for those long nails, get a sturdy pool.
Should cost much to change out the water after those dirty paws run in and out all afternoon.
Just be sure if there are any chemicals in the pool water to be sure to rinse their fur when finished playing for the day.
At the public pools in the US they have a end of season dog swimming day at the kiddie pools. It's a dog day only event . It happens just before they drain the smaller pools for fall.
Hmm, miss having a dog .
This ,"old dog" plans on visiting the water this coming week herself.
We usually dislike going on weekends, far too many people.
We figure as we are retired we have a 5 day weekend every week while everyone else only has 2 days, let them enjoy it .

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

In the shade

Maybe you can spray her down with a water bottle throughout the day?
I never took my dog walking in the heat, waited till dusk or went in the early mornings.
Always brought drinking water with us on our walks and when it was hot we basically walked close to home even if it meant going around the block several times just in case he had enough.
No way could I drag him home alone if he was done.
Our dog was a 108 lbs house dog with short hair so you have to be even more careful with longer haired breeds.
You can add ice cubes to the water dish as well, be sure to always make sure the drinking water hasn't heated up .
It's ok for them not to run on hot days, they will make it up when the weather is cooler.
A few times we would take our dog in the swimming pool. He hated the water.
Most dogs enjoy it so perhaps even purchasing a cheap baby pool for them to play in is a god idea, just watch out for those long nails, get a sturdy pool.
Should cost much to change out the water after those dirty paws run in and out all afternoon.
Just be sure if there are any chemicals in the pool water to be sure to rinse their fur when finished playing for the day.
At the public pools in the US they have a end of season dog swimming day at the kiddie pools. It's a dog day only event . It happens just before they drain the smaller pools for fall.
Hmm, miss having a dog .
This ,"old dog" plans on visiting the water this coming week herself.
We usually dislike going on weekends, far too many people.
We figure as we are retired we have a 5 day weekend every week while everyone else only has 2 days, let them enjoy it .

We were out walking at about 17h but it was still very warm.  I deliberately went out later and kept to the shade under the trees.  I tried the ice cubes in her water and she's not usually interested.  She knows what she wants.  I think she just wants to be in the shade which is no problem.  She was really panting though.   As we have other animals outside the dog helps herself to water not intended for her. She won't die of thirst.

That said we treat our dog very well.   So many people here don't really care for their animals at all. We have a contact here who had a big dog that dropped dead in the heat - this was a few years ago.   They kept it chained up in the garden, never paid it any attention and it had nowhere to go except a kennel which was like an oven.    Probably died of heart failure due to overheating.  But that's the thing with animals here with some people - oh, the dog or cat died, let's get another one.

I've always believed anyone who wants to be a parent of a human child or a furry child should be required to pass a test on it's care before being allowing to be entrusted with them.
I know, sounds a bit like more red tape and gov. in your face but with that topic I'm all for control in the name of safety.
Too much abuse goes on.
When it's super hot, dogs don't really mind being lazy like the rest of us.
Yesterday we went out to run an errand around noon time.
Wasn't too bad outside because of a slight wind.
Was a short excurtion .
Saw so many already 2 sheets to the wind French football fans walking towards the stadium direction.
Made me think of the days when we got ,"bombed" and sat in the sun all day long at music concerts.
What were we thinking? Always felt so whipped out after doing that.
My husband, my sister and her HU boyfirned and a ton of other Hungairans all went for a few days to ,"The US Festival" I chose to go to work instead.
I wasn't willing to spend days in the outdoor sun, drinking and smoking even with friends.
They all just passed out where ever they found themselves on the ground.
No,not my idea of fun in the sun.
Learned my lesson back in 1973 at an outdoor music festival in San Diego listening to Foghat.
Was talked into wearing a man's full 1930's style tux with tails and top hat in the summer sun.
I was flying but it was just from sun stroke.
Never again.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Learned my lesson back in 1973 at an outdoor music festival in San Diego listening to Foghat.
Was talked into wearing a man's full 1930's style tux with tails and top hat in the summer sun.
Never again.

Alcohol and sunshine means sunstroke. I've had sunstroke a few times and last time was truly horrible so I'm not doing that again.  Now I cover up and keep out of it.  I always wear a UV shirt when in the lake.   It's so easy to get burnt when the water gives you the idea it's not as warm.

But the instruments don't lie - it's very warm today.  I can see 29 C and rising on the FWS, nearly 8.5 on UV and increasing humidity.  Slight breeze from the NW.   Pressure has gone down a bit but steady.   

Definitely a day for wearing a hat, suntan oil and keeping your shirt on wherever you are.

fluffy2560 wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Never again.

Alcohol and sunshine means sunstroke. I've had sunstroke a few times and last time was truly horrible so I'm not doing that again.  Now I cover up and keep out of it.  I always wear a UV shirt when in the lake.   It's so easy to get burnt when the water gives you the idea it's not as warm.

But the instruments don't like - it's very warm today.  I can see 29 C and rising on the FWS, nearly 8.5 on UV and increasing humidity.  Slight breeze from the NW.   Pressure has gone down a bit but steady.   

Definitely a day for wearing a hat, suntan oil and keeping your shirt on wherever you are.

I usually do keep my shirt on even at home!!
Just being difficult, sorry.
I alwas get burnt at the lake, 50 sunscreen and all.
We stake out a shady place and wear hats under the shade and put a scrong bathing cover on top of me, my husband wears a shirt in the shade but still...
My poor son is a natural red head, 10 mins and he is toast.
He is a good swimmer but rarely goes out to swim outdoors.
He was swimming in Japan at a local pool before C-19.
Last week the train wasn't busy at all going towards the lake but this coming week, probably will have to head out even earlier then normal to beat the crowds.

I am more simple minded, overheating is not too good, so physical exercise is out of the question (not for my wife and me anyhow), our body temperature should be around 36/37C , if it is below that and we are VERY inactive it should be fine.
NOT going into the sun is important I think
Even our cats seem to like to go to cool places, our dog still is confused, I am not sure about our pond, but I am sure it is below 30C, she likes to go there (GSD with a lot of hairs), I suppose she knows what she is doing

We do not have any airco, but the house is well isolated, as soon as we get out and returning inside the house feels cool (even if not really true)

cdw057 wrote:

I am more simple minded, overheating is not too good, so physical exercise is out of the question (not for my wife and me anyhow), our body temperature should be around 36/37C , if it is below that and we are VERY inactive it should be fine.
NOT going into the sun is important I think
Even our cats seem to like to go to cool places, our dog still is confused, I am not sure about our pond, but I am sure it is below 30C, she likes to go there (GSD with a lot of hairs), I suppose she knows what she is doing

We do not have any airco, but the house is well isolated, as soon as we get out and returning inside the house feels cool (even if not really true)

I still workout at home but it's not much fun when it's too hot.
I however don't like to go anywhere outdoors unless it's to the water.
Our flat stays fairly OK inside unless it is extreme heat.
We use some fans and take cool bath if we need to.
In fact last night i was actually sort of cold with th fan in the room.
( Being skinny helps I guess)
We have decided to cook meals that last a few days so the kitchen can stay cooler.
I've lived in the SW US deserts and I can say the dry heat is better, feels much better but then again I had a one gallon jug of water with me at all times outdoors.
Car full of water bottles, not good to allow the water to heat up in plastic so that's something to remember. Stay cool but get cancer, not a good thing.
Looks like perhaps we will have thunder showers this week, that's fine love it.

My neck and upper back is peeling from sunburn. In UK I used to be quite careful as I do burn easily but I don't normally have a problem here. This is because I tan very slowly but my tan also fades very slowly,  so by the time the warm weather comes I usually have some tan left from last year. The weather was so cold and wet in the early spring this year that last years tan must have gone completely. The odd thing is I've not been outside without a shirt, so my upper back must have burned through my tee shirt. Since that happened I've been wearing a cowboy hat for gardening and only doing about an hour a day.

My Japanese DIL and my son's former girl from Japan always wore those arm covers in hot weather. They avoided the sun like the plauge.
Super muggy today, about to go out in the mid day sun to run a few short errands, I'm not happy about that!
Wish the weather reports would stay on the same page. One says it is going to thunder and one says clear skies.
I'd love to know what to expect before heading out to the water this week.
It's not good to burn your skin, hard to avoid it though.
Guess by the end of summer I can add a few more sun sports to my arms.
About 18 months back I had to have a skin cancer cut off my forearm.I noticed a tiny red spot near that area and just asked the doctor to go ahead and cut that off too1 Why mess around? I hope to stop today and get myself some more sunscreen 50 plus but in reality it doesn't help that much in the long run.

fidobsa wrote:

My neck and upper back is peeling from sunburn. In UK I used to be quite careful as I do burn easily but I don't normally have a problem here. This is because I tan very slowly but my tan also fades very slowly,  so by the time the warm weather comes I usually have some tan left from last year. The weather was so cold and wet in the early spring this year that last years tan must have gone completely. The odd thing is I've not been outside without a shirt, so my upper back must have burned through my tee shirt. Since that happened I've been wearing a cowboy hat for gardening and only doing about an hour a day.

It's a good idea to avoid the sun especially when gardening.  It's brutal out there at during the day so I'm only going out to do work in the garden after 19h when the sun is going down.  Dog walking only after 16h in shady forests.

We were at Balaton all day yesterday and I was covered up but the kids just had suntan oil on and they are brown now.  I think I've got a tinge of sunburn on my  face and look a bit lobster'ish.  So easy to be lulled into a sense of security when in cooler water. Sun is still beating down on you.

As for that May weather, what was going on with that? It was terrible!  But it's being made up for now.

cdw057 wrote:

I quite like ceiling and floor fans.  I've worked in Asia in warm places where there was (unusually) no airco in offices and it makes quite a difference just to get the air moving faster.  And it's fresher than recycled airco air once evening comes.

We have airco and we don't put it on all the time.  We've got a big ceiling fan as well and we put that on and open our patio doors.  Works well in the evening.

Only thing putting me off doing that at the moment are mosquitoes.  They seem to be around suddenly.     We've eliminated risks of standing water but perhaps the neighbours aren't being diligent.   Our local airfield has the spraying planes which fly out each year around the area.  We think they fly out and over to Szentendre island.  I think must be where the bugs all live.

fluffy2560 wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Yes, it was warm outdoors today.
I am, "offically" done if it continues to stay warm with my walk abouts.
I don't do hot and swaety very well.Weird since I grew up in the US  SW , desert.
Desert is different then humid and sweaty.
From now on it's either going to the water or staying put for me.
Not a fan of smelling ,"others'"on the transportatin system during the warmer months.
I'm done, for now.

Starting to warm up at night now.  0030h and still 19 C outside.  I think it was raining a bit as the humidity has shot up from earlier.  Mrs F said she heard rumbling of thunder.  Wouldn't surprise me but I think it'd have to be a lot drier to create some static.  That said, we're in for rain next week.

Best to keep away from public transport.  I used to travel all over the world.  Those were the days.
Now the furthest I go is Balaton and places like OBI.   And we always go by car. 

I've never really used the trains in Hungary - I did do Belgrade-Budapest once and also Gyor-Kelenfold.    The modern trains back from Gyor were quite good and the journey was smooth.  Pre-COVID of course.

The summer before last we used to drive to the lakes.
Took us well over 45 mins from our st. to the highway because of so much city traffic.
We left before 7 am too. 45 mins just to hit the highway was too much.
Can't beat taking the train to the lake, free ride and from door step to lake shore it is less then 90min .
That includes us walking to the subway station and train station to the shore.
A/C on the train and really so far it isn't crowded on the train.
We avoid weekends though.
Went yesterday, was nice until it got windy.
We only spend 5 hours there or so, get home before the madning crowds and have time to relax a bit at home after a long day of swimming and sunning.
It works for us.
Since it's free to Velence why bother with petrol costs,parking costs plus wear and tear on my husband fighting traffic.
He is more relaxed and willing to go swimming more often without all the stress.
So far we are able to sit alone without being cramped with too many people on the trains.
If things get crazy, we always could drive I suppose.
Our car is really only used for once a week big shopping to carry heavy water bottles with.
It's odd coming from Ca. that walking and using public transportation is what i perfer.
Although yesterday we decided to take the bus just one stp close to our st.
Not again, to many sweaty people in the late afternoons on the city buses.
Cooling down a tiny bit in a day or so.
I'm enjoying the summer, it is too short and it culd rain out of nowhere and ruin the few months of summer we have. Fall is actually my fave time of year but as every year passes, I'm trying to enjoy all the seasons.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Our car is really only used for once a week big shopping to carry heavy water bottles with.
It's odd coming from Ca. that walking and using public transportation is what i perfer.

Yes, as I mentioned I've been learning more about USA from the perspective of expats there. One thing that surprised me is that some suburbs don't have pavements as nobody walks anywhere. Where I live now there are no pavements but  the village is very small and has never had much money spent on it. Even several of the roads are still gravel rather than tarmac. People tend to cycle rather than walk, bikes and tractors probably outnumber cars in the tiny amount of traffic that goes past. Getting back to the housing areas in USA, some people say they take the car for small distances because they would not feel safe walking in the road. I suppose that is understandable if drivers are not used to encountering pedestrians. It perhaps also helps to explain why some states allow children as young as 14 to drive cars.

fidobsa wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Yes, as I mentioned I've been learning more about USA from the perspective of expats there. One thing that surprised me is that some suburbs don't have pavements as nobody walks anywhere. Where I live now there are no pavements but  the village is very small and has never had much money spent on it. Even several of the roads are still gravel rather than tarmac. People tend to cycle rather than walk, bikes and tractors probably outnumber cars in the tiny amount of traffic that goes past. Getting back to the housing areas in USA, some people say they take the car for small distances because they would not feel safe walking in the road. I suppose that is understandable if drivers are not used to encountering pedestrians. It perhaps also helps to explain why some states allow children as young as 14 to drive cars.

My dear old Dad taught us all to drive a car when we were 15 or 16.   And that was in the UK.  He took us to private land and taught us how to do the mechanics of it - changing gear, using the clutch and all that.  I'd like to do that for my kids - if they can manage the mechanical parts then it's only the rules of the road.  Personally I favour car driving ages being reduced.  16 seems a reasonable age. I think here, it's 18 although my kids tell me that you can drive here as a learner at 17.  Didn't look into it much.

If anything makes me wonder here, it's why there is nowhere to walk on the roads between villages and on roads inside villages.  It's just so dangerous.  Built for horses and carts but populated by distracted drivers with heavy right feet.   

My village is building a cycle path out to the local airport, on to the industrial area and hopefully through the countryside to the next town.   It's just such a dangerous road - I am sure people die on there every year.  I've cycled on it and it scares the bejesus out of me. 

If they did it "nicely" then it could be a very pleasant country route through the forest and trees.  The main issues are there are multiple rifle/gun ranges along the main road - at least 3 of them - so that would make a cycle through the woods rather dicey.

Looking a cloudy today and lower temperatures at 26 C.  I can see the wind getting up and pressure has dropped.  Humidity is increasing.  We could be in for rain.  The garden needs it.

Balaton:

Brutally hot with the car showing 38 C.    Hardly any wind.  UV must be astronomical.  No sign of rain.

Its only 23°C here, but will hit 38°C later they say. God help all :D

SimCityAT wrote:

Its only 23°C here, but will hit 38°C later they say. God help all :D

More extreme weather is being predicted so this might be the time to get air conditioning. 

Some relatives are living in the South East of the UK and they are installing airco now in their house.  That would have been unheard of 20 years ago.  Their houses are not built for hot and cold weather extremes - just mild weather.  So they suffer nowadays.  Intolerable heat in rooms built into the roof.

We wondered about installing airco in our house here in HU as we thought it somewhat of an extravagance.  But it's not really, it's a life saver and we're very glad we did it.   

It was past 30 C at 11am this morning down by the lake.  I cannot see it changing for weeks!

My husband hates A/C. if you can believe it. Says it gives him a headache.
He  sometimes even complains about using fans!
Guess he is cold blooded!!
The lake was nice yesterday but one can't turn into a fish .
It;s alright, only lasts a couple of months.
Not like Las Vegas where it is hot a min. of 8 months a year.
We had no A/C in our cars in Vegas with most of our cars.
The eletric bills got so expensive with A/C on in my son's house all day long, I mean close to over $300. plus per month and the setting wasn't that cold.
Had some cars in Vegas with A/C but my husband would turn it off.
He had to use it when he drove a taxi cab because of the customers but he always said it made his head hurt.
The casino's where I worked were so cold that we often had to wear thermals under our work shirts in the summer.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

My husband hates A/C. if you can believe it. Says it gives him a headache.
He  sometimes even complains about using fans!
Guess he is cold blooded!!
The lake was nice yesterday but one can't turn into a fish .
It;s alright, only lasts a couple of months.
Not like Las Vegas where it is hot a min. of 8 months a year.
We had no A/C in our cars in Vegas with most of our cars.
The electric bills got so expensive with A/C on in my son's house all day long, I mean close to over $300. plus per month and the setting wasn't that cold.
Had some cars in Vegas with A/C but my husband would turn it off.
He had to use it when he drove a taxi cab because of the customers but he always said it made his head hurt.
The casino's where I worked were so cold that we often had to wear thermals under our work shirts in the summer.

I know what you mean.  My niece says the airco makes her feel a bit funny.   It's quite nice to have the windows open driving along when it's a bit fresher.  But the temperatures these days are really a bit too warm and it's like sitting in a glass/greenhouse.  Cannot put the dog in and kids and subject them to being roasted.   In places like Dubai it's impossible to live without AC.  Just moving between AC'd buildings and cars.  And take a cardigan if staying for too long.

Yesterday I couldn't hardly touch the car - the metal was so hot. I was doing some maintenance on it while we were by the lake (replacing the battery).  I had to move it under some trees and let it cool down a bit before I could even start work.  Imagine working on construction in this weather - no way.

I see this morning we have rain, thunder and lightning.   "Only" 26 C.  Seems quite a relief to have a downpour and some wind.  It'll help the garden for sure.

We know  a HU guy who worked in AZ doing roofting!!
God bless his soul!
Can't even think how much he suffered to make a buck.
Super humid today but it's all good, cleaning out the pours..
In Vegas they used to say it was so hot you could fry an egg on your car hood.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

We know  a HU guy who worked in AZ doing roofting!!
God bless his soul!
Can't even think how much he suffered to make a buck.
Super humid today but it's all good, cleaning out the pours..
In Vegas they used to say it was so hot you could fry an egg on your car hood.

I think frying an egg would be easily accomplished here now.

I've seen the clouds forming up and we should end up with some rain.  The humidity is increasing and it's going to drop from the sky by perhaps tomorrow. I think it'll be torrential.

No-one in their right mind would be working outside.  AZ must be terrible in the summer. If he was doing that a lot he'd end up wizened and wrinkly like Robert Redford.  Looks like 1000 years old.

Mrs Fluffy has banned me from walking the dog and there's no cycling.  Not until it drops back a bit anyway.  I'm no spring chicken and suffer in the heat.  I'd be asking for it.   

The dog was at the Balaton kutyastrand and had a really nice time.  Seems like she's discovered swimming.  Unfortunately she rushed from Balaton into some mud and rolled around in it.  I think we'll have to give her a shampoo.

Where is a dog strand in Lake Balaton? My dog is 8 years old and never been in the water. I would love to see what she does.
So far we had 10 drops of rain and heavy wind (Balatonalmadi), but nothing else. All the plants are dying, grass is burned. I heard North of us had lots of rain. I am so jealous.

We are getting new roof and so far only the water barrier sheet is up, the roof tiles are going up next week. So much delay because of the heat. The roofers can't stay up more than a couple of hours a day. Now I just hope that we don't get hail.

I can't imagine a car without a/c here, not mention in Arizona. If you leave the windows open, is probably worse for the ears. I have no idea how elderly people can survive in Florida! 5 years ago in New Jersey, our electric bill was close to $500 in a sommer month. But winter, we paid about the same with the heat. But I don't think you can get away without it. Maybe time for solar panels in the near future.

Mrs. Fluffy is probably right about not letting you walk in this heat. My motherinlaw got a stroke in a terrible hot day like this. After she got home with the groceries ( air conditioning in her car and the stores). And the dear lady ended up passing away in 2 weeks. So this heat is no joke!