Today's Weather

I have heard that Hungary gets earthquakes often but they are so small one hardly notices them.Animals are more in tune with nature and vibrations.We are so overloaded with distractions we have lost our connection to nature for the most part.Call me a crazed Hippie chick but as a teenager one of my fave things to do on my own was walk over to our huge quad area at my HS and lay on the hilly grass and just watch the clouds move...No, I was not high!Hardly see real clouds these days, chem trails manmade ones but not many real ones. We always comment when we see real ones on the odd day they are allowed to form.Yes, I do believe in grounding oneself by going barefoot on the earth, I wear allot of rubber soled shoes like most people do, would not matter if they were leather bottomed because of everything being paved over.Hugging a tree once in awhile is also healing. The heat is still with us, off to the lake very soon, that is also grounding, walking on the bottom of the lake and being in fresh water, if it is still fresh that is...On the bright side, I have no need to pay to attended a hot yoga class, just had my own at home!        -@Marilyn Tassy

Yes, I looked online and loads of earthquakes going on.   The one this week was a 2 so it was noticeable to probably people still up at 23.30h when it occured.   I totally agree, animals know what's going on.  The dog is very settled today, so I reckon nothing is on the horizon, except more brutally hot weather.

Took the dog walkies and it wasn't bad at 20h in the forest but it was very humid towards the end.   Not sure we'll go again this week. It was quite hard work.

It's only 31C now but humidity is up a bit and quite sticky.  Sitting at the desk, surrounded by heat from machinery around me, I gave in and put the airco on. 

I remember lying on the grass watching the clouds and I used to think I could see satellites passing.   The ISS (International Space Station) is often visible here passing above us, sometimes twice a day.  Our daughter monitors it on her phone. 

I hope the temperature drops a bit by the end of July because we'll be going to Balaton and it'll be be brutal sleeping in a shed or tent with no airco.  Won't even be able to go cycling.

We really need a couple of days of rain to freshen everything up.  Some pretty turbulent clouds up there but no rumbling so far. We were looking for shapes in the clouds the other day. I thought a horse, they all thought a pig. Hmmm....

I finished the headlight bulb replacement and got it all back together but somewhere along the line I burnt my finger a bit and it's affecting my typing.  I cannot understand how that happened as nothing was hot except the ground but jeez, it sure hurts!  It'll get better but looks a bit bashed up.

The temperature 🌡️ has peaked again, 36°C today. So, I won't be doing much today apart from catching up on the games.

Starting to warm up here now; 20C today, but from tomorrow it creeps up to 27 midweek.  It's not the heat so much, but the humidity, which will be up in the high 90's by the end of the week.  We're off to Holland for a couple of weeks next weekend, looks pretty much the same over there atm.

Starting to warm up here now; 20C today, but from tomorrow it creeps up to 27 midweek.  It's not the heat so much, but the humidity, which will be up in the high 90's by the end of the week.  We're off to Holland for a couple of weeks next weekend, looks pretty much the same over there atm.

-@Cynic

We're a bit desparate for some rain.   It hasn't rained for weeks.   We've no water shortages but it means all our plants will die.  We've stopped cutting the grass as it's all brown.  We water our crops but not the other stuff.

Usually we get a blisteringly hot spell, huge downpour, then cooler temperatures warming back up to usual seasonal temperatures.   I was told it was raining in the North of England.  We wish!

30C on the weather station, sunset 20.25, humidity 39% and UV 5%.  Wind only 0.2 m/s which is nowt.

Starting to warm up here now; 20C today, but from tomorrow it creeps up to 27 midweek.  It's not the heat so much, but the humidity, which will be up in the high 90's by the end of the week.  We're off to Holland for a couple of weeks next weekend, looks pretty much the same over there atm.        -@Cynic

We're a bit desparate for some rain.   It hasn't rained for weeks.   We've no water shortages but it means all our plants will die.  We've stopped cutting the grass as it's all brown.  We water our crops but not the other stuff.

Usually we get a blisteringly hot spell, huge downpour, then cooler temperatures warming back up to usual seasonal temperatures.   I was told it was raining in the North of England.  We wish!

30C on the weather station, sunset 20.25, humidity 39% and UV 5%.  Wind only 0.2 m/s which is nowt.

-@fluffy2560

Rain would be nice.

I do not remember such a dry summer as this one.

I do not think it is too hot outdoors today, just too lazy to go out.

Think I need to recharge my batteries after the last 7 weeks of stress with my brother.

Seems he is getting better and trying to heal so that is a huge burden off of my mind.

Husband went out before I woke up this morning. He headed to the farmers market before the heat arrived.

So many nice fresh greens that I wish I had a way of storing them longer , have to cook one everyday before they wilt.

No idea why the big stores do not carry such a large selection of fresh vegetables like the farmers markets do.

Have not see fresh spinach in Tesco or Lidl or Aldi other then those tiny salad type packs.

He picked up a huge bag for 500 forints and it still has the dirt on it, Like it was just picked yesterday.

I wish they had a year round market here where you could find chard, spinach etc. any time of year. In the states they have these items all year long and shops like Sprouts have even exotic greens and herbs and do not cost more then a regular chain store does.

Only health food shop in the states that is a bit pricey is Whole Foods but their stuff is really nice. It is almost as large as the average Tesco store is and just full of healthy foods, dairy, vitamins, makeup, hair and body products ,fresh meat butcher, sea food, cheeses bakery items and even take out foods.

Guess it would not be profitable here since most working class people can barley afford cabbage.

Rain would be nice.
I do not remember such a dry summer as this one.
I do not think it is too hot outdoors today, just too lazy to go out.
Think I need to recharge my batteries after the last 7 weeks of stress with my brother.
Seems he is getting better and trying to heal so that is a huge burden off of my mind.
Husband went out before I woke up this morning. He headed to the farmers market before the heat arrived.
So many nice fresh greens that I wish I had a way of storing them longer , have to cook one everyday before they wilt.
No idea why the big stores do not carry such a large selection of fresh vegetables like the farmers markets do.
Have not see fresh spinach in Tesco or Lidl or Aldi other then those tiny salad type packs.
He picked up a huge bag for 500 forints and it still has the dirt on it, Like it was just picked yesterday.
I wish they had a year round market here where you could find chard, spinach etc. any time of year. In the states they have these items all year long and shops like Sprouts have even exotic greens and herbs and do not cost more then a regular chain store does.
Only health food shop in the states that is a bit pricey is Whole Foods but their stuff is really nice. It is almost as large as the average Tesco store is and just full of healthy foods, dairy, vitamins, makeup, hair and body products ,fresh meat butcher, sea food, cheeses bakery items and even take out foods.
Guess it would not be profitable here since most working class people can barley afford cabbage.

-@Marilyn Tassy

Yes, I don't remember it being this hot for this long.  It's become suddenly quite chilly at night though.  We were sitting outside around 1am and had to have blankets around us.  Last night it was like 17C but during the day it's 32C.  At the moment it's 33C on my roof, UV 7 (very high),  wind 2.4ms from West, 45% humidity.  With the windows open, fans going and the blinds down, it's still 28C inside.

One summer we grew Swiss Chard as a green.  It was pretty good but for some reason, we stopped growing it.  I think we should have a go again.  Really we should be rotating the crops.   Supermarket spinach has indeed been missing for a while.   But that's Hungary.  Sometimes you can buy stuff and the next week, it's all gone.  My view is that if you can see it, get it because if it's gone, it's gone possibly for weeks or months. 

It could be oil that's gone next.  I was reading the HU news and I reckon we're going to get whacked with high fuel prices due to Ukraine cutting off Lukoil's access to the pipeline like that flows Russia to Hungary and Slovakia.   Two refineries - one in each country - depend on that oil.  There's another route via Croatia but they've said they need that oil capacity for their refinery.  All of this seems to be a surprise to Mr Orcban. Meh, another day in paradise. And tomorrow, another day in Balaton! Yay!

I'm working in my attic doing some wiring/cabling. It's an absolute hellish hot up there even with the roof windows open.  I'm having a break because I just sliced my finger with the tape measure.  It's not serious but I need it to stop bleeding so I've put a tight plaster/band-aid on it.  My hands are like a catalogue of scars from doing DIY.  I wish my kids showed an interest, then I could just supervise while they do the gymnastics.   Maybe I'll work on it later when the temperature has dropped back a bit.

Not bad here today 23C, UV 4, AQI 2, dropping to 14C overnight; pretty much the same next week, but temps rising to 25C mid week.

30°C here today and with a nice breeze, so watching the Games  in the garden room is quite nice as cool air is being circulated with the skylights open.

It was hell yesterday, 38°C at it's peak but feels like was actually 40°C. I'm so glad I don't live in a country where it's like that all summer. I guess you have to get use to it. But the way things are I can see it going that way.

But you get those that deny climate change is real. I have a friend who is like that, highly intelligent in some science, but I think she is slowly losing it. She still hasn't sorted out her residency out. We have given up warning her that she is at risk of being deported.

30°C here today and with a nice breeze, so watching the Games  in the garden room is quite nice as cool air is being circulated with the skylights open.
It was hell yesterday, 38°C at it's peak but feels like was actually 40°C. I'm so glad I don't live in a country where it's like that all summer. I guess you have to get use to it. But the way things are I can see it going that way.

But you get those that deny climate change is real. I have a friend who is like that, highly intelligent in some science, but I think she is slowly losing it. She still hasn't sorted out her residency out. We have given up warning her that she is at risk of being deported.

-@SimCityAT

She might get lucky and freedom of movement comes back in.   Then she's off the hook for a bit.

I recently read on a web site (Daily Express I think) that they are all still expecting meltdown in Dover when EES comes in. 

Starmer will have to try and negotiate an extension for EES and if he does that, I could see the EU asking for something - perhaps freedom of movement for a short period, say 18 months to 2 years. Or we're exempt from it permanently.   Hard to imagine if there is any sense to Brexit now, what with Ukraine, NATO, blah-blah etc. 

It's really hard to know what is going on in these days of fake information.

Just day dreaming on a lazy, but sweaty, Sunday afternoon....doing DIY and not having a BUD. 

Balaton:

Thundering and raining overnight.  High winds this morning.  Must be mid-20s.  It should improve to 30s during the week.  Water must be around 25-26C. Warm in the sun but potential for light covering in the shadows.  Colder at night and needs a cardigan.

They keep promising thunderstorms here, we have yet to see a drop of rain. It just keeps on missing us. But it is a lot cooler its only 26°C at 1pm.

We're back in Hungary after our road trip to the UK and it's very warm here compared to further West.

Strangely, when we got past about St Poelton, between Linz and Vienna, the temperature jumped from about 23C to about 31C.  It was remarkable, just a sudden change. 

Today of course, it's warm as usual.  28C.   We had a massive thunderstorm last night. Torrential rain, rivers in the street and gutters overflowing.

I notice that some tree leaves are going brown.   It's the beginning of the end of summer.

BTW, received this today (sort of direction of Szeged):

Hungary: Authorities issue Red-level heat warning in Bekes county

As of 19 August 2024 authorities have issued a Red-level heat warning in Bekes county. Temperatures are forecast to reach highs of 97 F (36 C) on 19 August. Additional Orange- and Yellow-level heat warnings are in place in multiple areas nationwide, and will remain in place over the coming days.

We've got black clouds, thunder and no wind.   

We must be in for a storm and more torrential rain.  I've put the hose pipe away.  We're getting plenty of rain but there's no respite from the heat and humidity.  It's still 28C at 18.30h.

Mrs F says tonight's fireworks may be cancelled at short notice due to bad weather.  I don't want to go.  If I did go, I'd only be going along because the others went.

It's been 30°C all day, I've just asked Alexa and she says there is a 51% chance of rain at 7pm. We will see, it normally misses us when we have a blue sky.

20c today, forecasting light showers for later tonight.  Forecasting 20/21c daytime temps for the rest of the week, light clouds and no rain.  Suits me just fine.  Forecasting a Sahara plume (28c) at the end of next week - hopefully they've screwed that up.

It was chilly last night, had to put our quilt back on!

Well the rain never came, quite possibly I heard some thunder in the distance, but behind my house I do have a track and tractors have been busy due to the time of the year.

The sky is grey this morning, but it it's still early. Just had a look at the satellite and rain is just going around us. Pretty good, as I am meeting up with friends this evening.

Only a high of 27°C today, but hitting 35°C by the weekend.

Well the rain never came, quite possibly I heard some thunder in the distance, but behind my house I do have a track and tractors have been busy due to the time of the year.
The sky is grey this morning, but it it's still early. Just had a look at the satellite and rain is just going around us. Pretty good, as I am meeting up with friends this evening.

Only a high of 27°C today, but hitting 35°C by the weekend.

-@SimCityAT

We set off for the fireworks (me reluctantly) and the heavens opened.  We just went home (yay!).   Not prepared to stand in the rain watching fireworks.

We're also expecting temperatures into the 30s this week.

Well the rain never came, quite possibly I heard some thunder in the distance, but behind my house I do have a track and tractors have been busy due to the time of the year.The sky is grey this morning, but it it's still early. Just had a look at the satellite and rain is just going around us. Pretty good, as I am meeting up with friends this evening. Only a high of 27°C today, but hitting 35°C by the weekend.         -@SimCityAT

We set off for the fireworks (me reluctantly) and the heavens opened.  We just went home (yay!).   Not prepared to stand in the rain watching fireworks.

We're also expecting temperatures into the 30s this week.

-@fluffy2560

Plan on a few more lake days before the weather turns.

Today is far too windy for the lake unless you windsurf.

Waiting for a home delivery today anyways...

Caught about 30 seconds of the firework show on tv last night. That was enough, headed to sleep.

My husband said it cost too much money for the show and that Hungary does not really have the money for it. Used funds it got from China.

Plan on a few more lake days before the weather turns.Today is far too windy for the lake unless you windsurf.Waiting for a home delivery today anyways...Caught about 30 seconds of the firework show on tv last night. That was enough, headed to sleep.My husband said it cost too much money for the show and that Hungary does not really have the money for it. Used funds it got from China.        -@Marilyn Tassy

I expect they'll have to pay China back one day.   That Chinese project borrowing is a poison chalice.  Montenegro is suffering from that due to their motorway to nowhere.

I was disinterested in the fireworks as we've been so busy recently, I didn't want to go anywhere.

Oh had a few drops, but nothing much, got a bit of a strong wind so I think it was just blown when passing by. But do see there are a few strong Thunderstorms around.

I did miss this in the news Austria: Parts of Vienna under water after record rainfall - as cars swept through ski resort. We did have some rain, but didn't last long.

Really hot again today.  30C, high UV 5.3, mid-range humidity at 51%. 

My mercury thermometer only goes up to 50C and it's off the scale in the sun.

I cannot see it raining in the next days but I had an alert for thunderstorms and 5mm rain. 

It's just too hot to work outside.  I wanted to mow the grass but not doing in the sun.  It might get down to 23C by 18h. I've got some DIY jobs to do in the garden to do but there's no shade. I might have to erect my sunshade/tarp again in order to get on with the jobs.

The airco is on quite a lot these past days.

Had a thunderstorm last night, heavy rain and temps dropped down to early 20s. 

And yet, this morning, we're at 30C again and very sunny.

It's going to last at least another week.

I'm planning to go dog walking as it'll be under the trees shade 90%  of the time.

Update:  I'm 50-50 on the dog as it's already 32C.  I could wait until this evening when its dropped back a bit.

Austria is on high alert, gota major storm coming in 120km/h winds. High rainfall the normal amount of rain for the hole of september has fallen in a couple of days, and expect more to come until Tuesday. All the parks are closed and we are told to stay inside and only travel if we need to.

Austria is on high alert, gota major storm coming in 120km/h winds. High rainfall the normal amount of rain for the hole of september has fallen in a couple of days, and expect more to come until Tuesday. All the parks are closed and we are told to stay inside and only travel if we need to.

-@SimCityAT

We saw on the TV news there's snow too in Austria.   Bit early for that! WTF is going on?!

We're down to below 10C.  Last night was about 8C. This is highly unusual.   But we've not had any storm warnings.   

I saw Czech Republic is putting flood barriers in place in Prague. 

I guess we'll see very high Danube levels.  It's not a big problem in the city but downstream, not sure.

At the moment, it seems feast and famine.  Massive dry and hot weather followed by a deluge.

2.jpg

1.30am this morning

2.jpg
1.30am this morning

-@SimCityAT#

Wow!  Trees hardly moving here.  It's very dull, only 12C.  No rain right this minute. But it says it might get sunny.  I had so many outside plans for the garden.  The light is quite bad so I might put it off for during the week.  I've got proper work to do so if it rains it might mean I'm less distracted by gardening.  It's really quite strange.  Like Marilyn said, we went from 30C to less than 20C in just a couple of days.   It's supposedly going to pick up later in the week.

It's been 8°C here the last couple of days. Had to bring out the duvet, I wasn't going to put the heating on..... But next week we will get into the mid 20s.

But up by Tryol they have had a sh^t load of snow. No trains running because of it. Even by us because of the wind some train services have stopped or disrupted because of the rain and wind. I've seen nothing like it. It's one extreme to the next.

It's been 8°C here the last couple of days. Had to bring out the duvet, I wasn't going to put the heating on..... But next week we will get into the mid 20s.
But up by Tyrol they have had a sh^t load of snow. No trains running because of it. Even by us because of the wind some train services have stopped or disrupted because of the rain and wind. I've seen nothing like it. It's one extreme to the next.

-@SimCityAT

Extreme seems to be the right word to describe it.   

I was in the garden and I had to wear a quilted jacket I use for outside work in the Autumn/Winter.

It's not really cold, but it's really damp.

I am glad that weekend is over......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muPoWHW_qAY

I am glad that weekend is over......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muPoWHW_qAY-@SimCityAT

The aftermath looks quite bad.  So much destruction. 

We live on a hill but we're near the base but of course when it rains, our road turns into a river.

It washes down a lot of stuff, like stones and twigs.

What amazes me is we have these torrents and it rushes down the hill and just disappears in a flash.

The A2 into Vienna was closed for a while, it was like a river. Today 2 people were found in apartments, they drowned because they were unable to escape.

I just saw Hungary and Slovakia are preparing to be next countries on flood alert.

https://news.sky.com/story/at-least-16- … e-13216328

I just saw Hungary and Slovakia are preparing to be next countries on flood alert.https://news.sky.com/story/at-least-16- … e-13216328-@SimCityAT

Yup, it's coming our way. I received an alert about it.

Hungary: Flooding prompts traffic, public transit restrictions in Budapest

As of 16 September 2024 authorities have announced significant traffic and transit disruptions in the capital Budapest, due to concerns associated with heavy rain and flooding. Authorities have suspended some bus and tram services, including the suspension of Tram 2 services at some specific stations until at least 18 September. Authorities will also close river embankments – including roadways – beginning at 20:00 local time (18:00 GMT) on 16 September. Additional restrictions have been issued in some low-lying and flood prone areas, and further road closures and transit suspensions are possible. Rain and storms are expected to intensify from 17-18 September. Individuals should monitor local weather reports for updates, anticipate disruptions and follow all directives of local authorities, including evacuation orders.   

Take care guys.

Take care guys.

-@Cynic

It's the folks down the town who will be in potential danger.

But we've seen these floods before.  There's a metro station which is always in danger but the embankment is pretty high.

Direct video cameras here - Hotel Victoria Duna Camera

Take care guys.        -@Cynic

It's the folks down the town who will be in potential danger.

But we've seen these floods before.  There's a metro station which is always in danger but the embankment is pretty high.

Direct video cameras here - Hotel Victoria Duna Camera-@fluffy2560

You do seem to be prepared, Sandbags are already in place......

There's a peak weather warning north of Budapest for flood water but other reports I read say it's already 1m below the highest recorded level so the danger must be abating.

Meanwhile at Fluffy Towers, it's almost 23C, sunny and really rather warm.   We've got a nice breeze from the West at 2.3 m/s and humidity of 37%.  UV is at 3.2.   We already did a walk with the Furry Friend yesterday but I think it's too nice to waste so I'm taking her out again after 14h.  She's always up for a walk whatever the weather.