2016  but I don't got any response I am going
Pmo he is told me your application  proseger
I don't know  allredy 2 yaar 3 month
Amit

External

Questions:
1. What is "proseger"?
2. Are you married to a Mauritian?
3. How long have you been living with your spouse in Mauritius?
OR
Are you entitled to become a Mauritian by descent ( jus sanguinis)?
OR
Are you an investor meeting all the criteria?

BTW: I see that you are originally from India
Are you allowed to gain a second citizenship by the Indian Govt.?

amit singh

Yes I am marrid in Mauritius
8 year live.. spuos

External
amit singh wrote:

8 year live.. spuos

Are you allowed, by the Indian govt., to take a second nationality ?

External
External wrote:
amit singh wrote:

8 year live.. spuos

Are you allowed, by the Indian govt., to take a second nationality ?

Funny and strange at the same time;
This is the second time, within a couple of months, when I ask this serious question, the OP goes M.I.A.
Guess they don't know the rules and regulations of the government of their country of birth.

amit singh

Yes

External

Since when has India change her constitution ?  hmm.png

amit singh

30 .12.1955

amit singh

Please tell me   how  can enquire  for my citizenship             
How can  tekken advocate help

amit singh
amit singh wrote:

30 .12.1955

GuestPoster624

Indian by birth have Indian passport is eligiable as per India gOVT LAW to have dual citizen.If Amit get Mauritius passport still Amit can apply for OIC card through India Embassy In MauritiusBy getting OIC card Amit can travel to India multiple times One can by property can open Bank account but One can not VOTE in india

cafeaulait01

No, the Indian government does not allow dual nationality - once the OP gets his Mauritian nationality, he would have to renounce his Indian citizenship and obtain his OCI card - which entitles him to certain benefits.

On another note, I realise that Section 5 of the Mauritius Citizenship Act allows Commonwealth Citizens who have lived in Mauritius for five years to apply for citizenship. Has anyone on the forum ever themselves or know anyone who have managed to obtain Mauritian citizenship through this route?

Thanks and have a great day!

External
cafeaulait01 wrote:

No, the Indian government does not allow dual nationality - once the OP gets his Mauritian nationality, he would have to renounce his Indian citizenship and obtain his OCI card - which entitles him to certain benefits.

On another note, I realise that Section 5 of the Mauritius Citizenship Act allows Commonwealth Citizens who have lived in Mauritius for five years to apply for citizenship. Has anyone on the forum ever themselves or know anyone who have managed to obtain Mauritian citizenship through this route?

Thanks and have a great day!

Depends on who you know and how you can "influence" the current sitting govt".
One case comes to mind:
under the previous govt, an Indo-Canadian-  was given the Mauritian Citizenship even though he has NOT spent a full yr on the island.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

• Retiring in Mauritius
    Retiring in Mauritius

Mauritius is rapidly becoming a hub for foreign retirees. To provide for the growing interest, in addition to the ...

• Customs in Mauritius
    Customs in Mauritius

As you embark on your expatriate journey to the picturesque shores of Mauritius, navigating the intricacies of ...

• Traveling to Mauritius
    Traveling to Mauritius

Are you looking to move to Mauritius on a short-term visa to scout for opportunities or to get a feel of life on ...

• Retire in Mauritius
    Retire in Mauritius

Do you want to spend the rest of your life gazing at seemingly endless stripes of warm sand, swinging your golf ...

• Driver's licence in Mauritius
    Driver's licence in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Banking services in Mauritius
    Banking services in Mauritius

Opening a bank account in Mauritius can help you in many ways, including receiving your salary, paying your ...

• Emergency numbers in Mauritius
    Emergency numbers in Mauritius

The list below contains emergency numbers in Mauritius, should you be in need for assistance at any ...

• The health system in Mauritius
    The health system in Mauritius

Health is a major issue when moving abroad. Are expats eligible for the Mauritian health system? What are the ...

All of Mauritius's guide articles