Wechat pay:

Arriving from China with wechat balance.
Is wechat pay readily available in Vietnam?
Do i have to activate my China Construction Bank card before leaving China, for use in Vietnam. reason for that last query, on a recent HK trip the bank there advised it had to be activated in China for HK use!

Zalopay ís what you need , but you need some vietnamese paper, your passport can't be used. I had asked the developer for such option in future release. Zalopay is very popular as I had read.

There is another apps called zalo (free chat and call, such like Viber, whatapps) , which is developed in VN and been used heavily (popular) by young generation, you can ask young vnese at Bui Vien.

Right now I use vietcom bank, I can easily money transfer with other bank for a fee of 7700 vnd

Another player is viettelpay, but I believe zalopay is the future, it will do the same thing you see in WeChat (which is great also)

Forgot to say "no you can't use WeChat in VN" , it is not support at the bank (there are +25 of them in VN)

Neil Farrington wrote:

Is wechat pay readily available in Vietnam?
Do i have to activate my China Construction Bank card before leaving China, for use in Vietnam. reason for that last query, on a recent HK trip the bank there advised it had to be activated in China for HK use!

Regd.  Wechat Pay, I presume your options at the moment are very limited.
http://bizhub.vn/pr-newswire/vimo-vietn … 95292.html

As for the CCB card, you better consult your bank in China before traveling to Vietnam.
CCB has a branch in HCMC as well.

CCB Vietnam
1105 -1106 Sailing Tower
111A Pasteur Street
District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Telephone : (84 28) 3829 5533

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that some posts have been moved due to a lack of understanding.
However, you can keep the discussion going on  :top:

Thank you,

Alexia
Expat.com Team

more update:
I am wrong, zalopay is not the first on the list, but "momo". There are almost 15 wallets in VN.

https://www.vuivivu.com/vi-dien-tu-la-g … iettelpay/

I use vcbpay (vietcombank) , viettelpay, grabpay (Moca) and momo. Unfortunately Momo doesnt assigned new user with a new "bank" account (as Viettelpay) so I cant transfer money from VCB directly but via some "K circle shop.
NB: for local vietnamese the above issue is not a problem due to my VCB card is for foreign (there are some restrictions)