Fair Wage for homehelp/maid

What is a reasonable rate for a homehelp for 2 days a week doing some washing, ironing etc for 2 people.

Never having had a homehelp before all this is very new to me.

Any help appreciated.

I pay mine GHs 150 a month cash for two days a week.

Cleaning and ironing.

You coud ask yourself how much you would charge for the same job and that would be the fair wage.

I would not be able to afford myself!

then you shouldn't get a maid.

Hi,

Can someone please recommend a person that could help with cleaning maybe a day or two per week? Slightly outside of town, but we may be able to arrange transport.

Thanks.

Hi johnnyr!

You should post an advert in the jobs section of Accra classifieds!

Regards
Armand

@ metecem
Re: Fair Wage for homehelp/maidYou coud ask yourself how much you would charge for the same job and that would be the fair wage.
Is this true?  Should you rather have unemployed & hungry  people in stead of paying someone the going rate in Ghana?  I would rather have someone work for a living than beg for a living.

Ps.I do all my work myself and do not need a cleaner or someone to iron for me.

Hi,

Read all the reply...

Well, I will tell abt me & my friends... we have full time house maids who stay with us - who do cleaning, washing, ironing & help in other house work - the standard rates are 120-150 GHC depending how experienced they are.... Now you can imagine if u need someone for just 2 days only for few work - it should cost you less... My advise - just ask local shop ppl or the guards working in your or nearby houses - they r of good help. Then talk to the maids directly & start with less money. Decide after you see their work....

Do let me know if u need more advise or help...

TC - Hena

Hi hena.. I just move to ghana and is looking for housekeeper..can you recommend someone? Is the 120-150gh per week / month full time?.

Please advice

Marna

It all depends on the hours and whether they live in or out. For a 40 hour week you are probably looking at GHC 400+ living in and more if they live out. That is per month

This is my number 0548093018 and am ready to do at any amount you can afford

@ Akese reuben > I advise you to post an ad in the Home help in Accra section please, it may also help you.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

please am in accra and am interested in the job at hand. i can help you with your house chores aday

Dear Hena,

Were the amounts you mentioned on week basis or month basis? We have a 3 bedroom home not far from the airport and we were wondering how much to pay a fulltime live in maid for a family of four (couple + 2 kids). Jobs needed: cleaning, cooking, washing, babysitting, shopping and a small bit of gardening

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Best regards

Mead & Eda

That post was from a long time ago. For the work you are expecting one person to do you should be paying around 1000 cedis.

Thanks for your feedback!

@johnnyr

Moderated by Bhavna 11 months ago
Reason : Please create your CV in the Jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct