No conversion tourist visa to SRRV

I have been issued a tourist visa by Philippines embassy in india with a condition of “no conversion”.
My agent in Philippines who will process my SRRV has informed me that I can't apply for SRRV Visa in Philippines if my tourist visa is non convertible.
What are the options available to me?

Do you know why you were issued a "no conversion" option tourist visa or is that the standard issue?  Is it extendable?

Have you been to the Philippines before?

As far as I know there is no 'conversion' into an SRRV visa as it is issued through a different agency and is a totally separate process.

All Tourist Visa issued by Philippine immigration always include no conversion.

But you can convert definitely.

Learn more about that.

Yes, they issue no conversion visa as a standard process. I have been to Philippines multiple times before.

What do you mean by -  there is no 'conversion' into an SRRV visa as it is issued through a different agency and is a totally separate process...

An SRRV Visa is processed and issued by the Philippine Retirement Authority while a Tourist Visa (and 13A, etc) is issued by the Bureau of Immigration, 2 separate agencies within the government.

hi ,

if your visa is "no coversion " its means you can not change your tourist visa to any type of visa .
the only option is u have to apply the visa again .

Zoe

Chivalrous0 wrote:

I have been issued a tourist visa by Philippines embassy in india with a condition of “no conversion”.
My agent in Philippines who will process my SRRV has informed me that I can't apply for SRRV Visa in Philippines if my tourist visa is non convertible.
What are the options available to me?

Can you apply for and receive SRRV in your home country?

post wrote:

Can you apply for and receive SRRV in your home country?

I don't think so as you are required to submit your passport to the PRA for processing of the SRRV

quiksylver wrote:

Seems like we have two confusing views - 1) All tourist visas issued are non-convertible 2) If we have a non-convertible visa we cannot get a SRRV visa issued.

Can we get some clarity on this please? What convertible visa do we need to arrive on if tourist visa is non-convertible?

Each country can have different requirements, in this case check the Philippine Embassy's website for visas http://www.newdelhipe.dfa.gov.ph/index. … quirements

By implication you see that any other visa OTHER THAN TOURIST VISA is convertible.

9A: TEMPORARY VISITOR'S VISA FOR PLEASURE (TOURIST VISA)
Copy of Credit cards and/or travelers checks or foreign exchange endorsement of the passport
Original, signed letter from inviting party (if applicable) indicating complete address and telephone number. The letter must also be notarized in the Philippines.
If employed, applicant's Certificate of Current Employment from Employer to include employer's full name, address and telephone number, applicant's length of service and salary details
If self-employed, photocopy of latest Income Tax Return and copy of Personal Assessment Number (PAN) Card
If Student, applicant's Certificate of Enrollment or Letter of Acceptance from School;
If minor, under 18 years of age traveling alone or to be accompanied by a person other than a parent or not joining a parent in the Philippines: Affidavit of Support and Consent to Travel. The affidavit must be executed by either or both parents indicating traveling companion of minor and address in the Philippines, duly notarized by a local Notary Public, attested by the MEA  and consular officer of the Philippine Embassy. This affidavit must be presented before immigration officials at the port of entry in the Philippines upon the minor's arrival in the Philippines.
If Spouse of a Philippine Citizen: Name of Filipino spouse should be indicated in the visa applicant's passport Copy of Report of Marriage issued by the Philippine Embassy or Philippine National Statistics office
If Unmarried Minor Child of a Filipino Parent: Copy of Birth Certificate and Copy of Parent's valid passports
Indian nationals who wish to visit the Philippines for tourism purposes may be granted visa-free entry into the country in any port of entry (major international airports and secondary international hubs (SIHs), as well as in seaports by passengers on board cruise ships/vessels) for an initial authorized stay not exceeding fourteen (14) days, provided they possess the following:
1.) Either a valid (used or unused) American (US), Japanese, Australian, Canadian, Schengen, United Kingdom, or Singaporean multiple-entry visa or permanent residence permit.
2.) An Indian passport valid at least six (6) months beyond the date of departure from the Philippines;
3.) Return or onward ticket to the next country of destination; and
4.) No derogatory record with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration.
The fourteen (14) day, visa-free entry may be extended by an additional seven (7) days with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration for a maximum stay of twenty-one (21) days but is non-convertible to other visa categories.

Hope this helps

p.s., I may be incorrect about not being able to apply for an SRRV from your home country, the PRA has updated their website and now have an apply online button.

Much more clarity on the SRRV process:  https://pra.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2 … .14.15.pdf

Points found:

1)  You MUST be in the Philippines for processing of SRRV.
2)  Any Visa you arrive on is downgraded to Temporary Visitors Visa and must be valid for at lease 10 days from arrival.

Hobbit112 wrote:

Any Visa you arrive on is downgraded to Temporary Visitors Visa and must be valid for at lease 10 days from arrival.

So you mean to say that a non convertible tourist visa can be downgraded / upgraded to convertible tourist visa in Philippines at the time of applying for SRRV?

That is a direct quote from the BI link I posted.

Your interpretation may vary and differences in interpretation can be huge here in the Philippines.

Are you sure that you can convert your tourist visa to other visas such as SRRV or Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) even though your tourist visa states "No Conversion"? I am asking this because yesterday I went to Bureau of Immigration at Intramurous, Manila to convert my tourist visa to Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) as I am married with a Filipina woman but the immigration officer said to me that I can't convert my tourist visa to any other visa because my tourist visa states "No Conversion". So, I am also having this same issue. What can I do now so that I can stay with my wife here in Manila? How can I obtain Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) now without leaving Phillipines since leaving Phillipines and then again to come back to Phillipines is big hassle and also waste of lot of money as I need to book air ticket? Can someone help me? Thanks.

If you are married you can apply for 13A visa. During the whole time you will be on tourist visa up to the time you will be on probationary resident visa and then 13A.

My Filipina wife and I went yesterday to Bureau of Immigration main building at Intramurous, Manila in order to apply for my Temporary Resident Visa in Phillipines since my nationality is Bangladeshi. I brought all my required documents and papers in order to apply for Temporary Resident Visa but the Immigration officer saw the Phillipine Visa Implementation page of my passport and he said that I can't apply for Temporary Resident Visa even though I am married with a Filipina woman here because the Phillipine Visa Implementation page of my passport says "No Conversion". So still do you think that I can apply for Temporary Resident Visa in Phillipines. I have plan to go again to Bureau of Immigration main building and then again to talk to them regarding my problem.

Thats strange... is it different from one nationality to another one ?  When I got married I asked for a non quota resident visa (13A) . I had a visa tourist up to the time I had that 13A visa.

Yeah that's really strange. I don't know whether it differs from one nationality to another but my problem according to the Bureau of Immigration is my Phillipine Visa Implementation page says "No Conversion". If there had not been "No Conversion" stated on my Phillipine Visa Implementation page of my passport, then I could have applied for Temporary Resident Visa in Phillipines according to Bureau of Immigration. Anyway, I have plan to go to Bureau of Immigration and then to talk to them again regarding this issue.

No you apply for 13A visa because you are married

For Bangladeshi nationals, they cannot apply for Permanent Resident Visa. Bangladeshi nationals can apply for Non-quota Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) (13A) if Bangladeshi nationals are married to Filipina women.

The temporary is one year and then you receive the full 13A visa. But the process to have the temporary needs around 6 to 10 months so during this period u need a tourist visa

Okay. Thanks for that information.

Hi
I think it better for you coordinate directly to the Philippine Retirees Authority office and let them check if your visa can be converted into Srrv or else let your agent to confirm it from the authorities because as far as I know that the no version visa sticker is the standard issued by the Philippine Consulates when applying an entry visa. But once already in the Philippines it can be converted to any visa types.

Thank you.
Libra